JFK Assassination Forum Archives -- Misc. Topics Of Interest (Part 81)

David Von Pein

Mar 12, 2010, 5:52:46 PM3/12/10
ARCHIVED JFK ASSASSINATION FORUM POSTS OF INTEREST (PART 81):

GARRISON AGAINST CARSON:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/11/garrison-vs-carson.html

BATTLING A JFK CONSPIRACY KOOK (A MULTI-PART SERIES):
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/12/dvp-vs-dieugenio.html

"SECOND GUNMAN, MY ACHIN' ASS":
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/12/debunking-jfk-conspiracy-myths.html

COMMISSION EXHIBIT 903:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/01/warren-commission-exhibit-903.html

HEAD WOUNDS:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/b957325a40205b00
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/e541db76a0dd2021
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/ee13bf00448a1c3b

JFK FORUMS:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/01/jfk-forums.html

"JFK" MUSIC:
http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/11/jfk.html

THE CONSPIRACY KOOKS ARE LOOSE (AGAIN):
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/667fdf38a35e7cdf
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/942c5f809e0a7ff0
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/63fe514a6d80cc8c
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/7bf00eea558b624c
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/9a7afbc541a6675e
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/d12dcf341a2298e5
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/76c62836021be460
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/bfcc652369db9caa
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/63257bc8aff53f9f
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/d22c638391e8b7c7
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/06a37b155bd78082

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Mar 26, 2010, 12:02:52 AM3/26/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/2569cbc9616bb792/7c3d540def315b02?#7c3d540def315b02

JOHN McADAMS SAID:

>>> "That was apparently Zapruder and Sitzman [whom Eddie Barker of KRLD-TV said were "scrambling on the upper level of a walkway leading to the underpass"]." <<<

DVP SAID:

You could be right, .John. I had never really thought about Zapruder/
Sitzman being the people referred to in that "scrambling" report
(which, btw, was reported on all of the TV networks in the first few
minutes after the assassinstion--not just on CBS).

I always have the Hesters in my mind whenever I think of that
"scrambling on a walkway" report. The main reason I always think of
the Hesters is because of the Dave Wiegman film, which shows the
Hesters at the top of the Knoll (in one of the few clear frames in
Wiegman's film), and they are definitely doing a little bit of
"scrambling".

JOHN McADAMS SAID:

>>> "I got that from Gary Mack. The "scrambling" part fits the Hesters just fine, but the "upper level of a walkway" probably fits Zapruder and Sitzman better. The latter were getting down off the pedestal. Of course, a lot of testimony (and this includes the testimony of journalists in the motorcade) is terribly inexact, so I don't think we can ever know for sure." <<<

DVP SAID:

.John,

Another interesting error made by the news media in the early hours
just after the assassination is when Charles Murphy of NBC's Fort
Worth/Dallas affiliate WBAP-TV, while narrating a film taken outside
Parkland, said that Jackie Kennedy can be seen running into the
hospital.

I can understand Murphy's error though, because the woman in question
(who I believe was one of Jackie's secretaries, Pam Turnure) looks
very much like Jackie.

But, of course, Jackie was never in the parking lot area of Parkland
(which is the direction Turnure was coming from in the film), because
we know that Jackie accompanied JFK beside his stretcher into the
hospital.

You, .John, have probably already pointed out to your students that
"Jackie Goes Into The Hospital" mistake, which was replayed multiple
times on the NBC-TV network on November 22nd.

There are also a few very early media reports that claimed the
shooting took place at "Elm & Harwood" in Dallas, instead of Elm &
Houston.

And there's also the CBS-TV report from Walter Cronkite (and probably
other networks too) about a "gap" in the motorcade on Elm Street that
eliminated any possibility of Vice President Johnson from being the
subject of any potential gunfire at the scene of the shooting.

But, obviously, any such "gap" between JFK's SS follow-up car and
Lyndon Johnson's car immediately behind it was not very big at all,
with Johnson in fact being almost directly below Oswald's TSBD window
at the time when the first shot was fired. So, actually, Johnson would
have been a very easy target for Oswald during the time of the
assassination.

MORE MEDIA ERRORS (all of these are extremely minor and nit-picky, but
I had them in my head, so here they are):

1.) There's footage of a man (a policeman undoubtedly) climbing into a
2nd-story window at the rear of the TSBD, with the narrator (Bob
Walker of WFAA-TV) claiming that the man is climbing into the window
from where the shots were fired.

Obviously, nobody could ever climb into Oswald's 6th-floor window from
the OUTSIDE of the building (unless he was related to Spiderman). The
policeman was actually on the roof of the first floor at the back of
the TSBD, which is a roof that can be seen in this 1967 aerial photo:

http://reclaiming-history.googlegroups.com/web/125.+DEALEY+PLAZA+FROM+THE+AIR?gda=eRz83lAAAADQI8aFoPPpMPozfQ5vu_qQTZ9sOZh2VipZ8Rq_NU6N2B_qIuCc5Zi25ADXnvCK25YeEy75d-9wv29pUUWRHXGCbcVT3VtYGKLco-_l-8AzjQ

=============

2.) And then there's the hilarious statement made by WFAA-TV cameraman
Ron Reiland during his on-air report that aired live on WFAA on
November 22, which has Reiland saying that "several hundred police
officers" went inside the Texas Theater to apprehend Oswald.

The actual number of policemen, of course, was not anywhere near
"several hundred". Heck, I doubt if that many people would even fit
inside the theater. The size of the crowd outside the theater is also
severely exaggerated by newsmen too.

=============

3.) There's also another very funny mistake made by Ron Reiland when
he was narrating his film on WFAA when Reiland said that the man who
was suspected of killing Officer Tippit had run into the Texas Theater
"with a shotgun over his arm". (There were reports on other networks
that mentioned the erroneous fact about the suspect having a "shotgun"
in the theater, too.)

Here is Ron Reiland's film, with Reiland narrating (Note--This footage
below isn't the clip which has Reiland saying "several hundred
officers"; that remark was made later in the day when Reiland narrated
the same film again for WFAA-TV):

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2009/12/reiland-film-november-22-1963.html

=============

4.) Reporters were frequently wrong when they mentioned the names of
certain people involved in the assassination story during the weekend
of November 22-24, such as when Jay Watson of WFAA-TV said that the
name of the slain policeman in Oak Cliff was "J.D. Tipton".

And Bob Huffaker of KRLD wasn't the only newsman who had trouble with
Lee Oswald's middle name. Huffaker, based on what he thought was
correct information that he received from DPD Captain Glen King, kept
calling Oswald "Lee Harold Oswald" throughout the weekend, especially
on November 24th.

But Walter Cronkite of CBS News also had problems getting Oswald's
middle name correct some of the time, with Cronkite (at least twice)
referring to LHO as "Lee Henry Oswald".

=============

5.) And there's the very minor error made by Police Chief Jesse Curry
(and others who reported the same thing) on November 23rd, with Curry
claiming that the rifle Oswald purchased via mail order cost $12.78,
which was actually the price listed in a different (Nov. '63) magazine
ad.

The ad Oswald clipped came from the February American Rifleman
magazine, and the cost of the rifle at that time was a dime more--
$12.88. And the total price that Oswald actually paid for the rifle
plus the scope was $21.45 ($19.95 plus $1.50 S&H).

http://reclaiming-history.googlegroups.com/web/122aa.+KLEIN%27S+AD+FEATURING+OSWALD%27S+RIFLE+%28FEBRUARY+1963%29?gda=2Z8QuXQAAADQI8aFoPPpMPozfQ5vu_qQTZ9sOZh2VipZ8Rq_NU6N2LspEB7aYnuU4Cpr495aenyn1zW2ZhTMJEAvXx7_RkmH7WdDsoY68MBGFpJD8IcqyviRMxjfheMgbenv6FQDuklV6u9SiETdg0Q2ffAyHU-dzc4BZkLnSFWX59nr5BxGqA

===================================

http://Kennedy-Videos.blogspot.com

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com

David Von Pein

Apr 27, 2010, 3:42:03 AM4/27/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/254aa30e25e5c0fc

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/7c3b250b982cad0b

>>> "Wire service reports, read by television and radio announcers, said that a Secret Service agent in the motorcade had been shot. Then, within ten minutes after the official announcement of the president's death, came the "official" report that the Secret Service agent had died. From whom or how did this false story originate?" <<<

I have never found out where the false rumor came from about the dead
Secret Service agent. I've often wondered who started that rumor.

RELATED RAMBLINGS:

In a thread from a few weeks ago, John McAdams was talking about all
of the various early mistaken news reports that were made on radio and
TV on 11/22/63. And when I listened once again to some of the audio
coverage from KLIF-Radio in Dallas, I noticed that shortly after JFK's
death was made official, suddenly a whole bunch of errors started
making their way into the KLIF news coverage.

And this was somewhat surprising to me, because I also took note of
KLIF's very accurate reporting between 12:40 PM and 1:45 PM CST,
particularly the excellent reporting of Joe Long, who refused to say
anything over the air that was not of "an official nature". I've
always been very impressed by Joe Long's radio coverage. It's just
excellent.

But starting at about 1:45, several mistakes begin to pop up, such as
the announcement that John Connally had been hit in the head by a
bullet.

In addition to saying that it was "confirmed" that a Secret Service
agent had been killed, some of the other post-1:45 PM errors made by
KLIF include the following things (in case anyone wants to update
their official "Early Errors Made On November 22" scorecards):

1.) KLIF said that President Kennedy was "conscious" on the drive to
Parkland Hospital after being shot in the head. This error came about
because of Ralph Yarborough's statement that he saw JFK's lips "moving
at a normal rate of speed" during the drive to the hospital. Of
course, KLIF was not alone in reporting that Yarborough quote. NBC and
other media outlets also reported that same thing.

2.) KLIF claimed that "five or six bullet husks" (cartridge cases)
were found on the fifth or sixth floor of the TSBD.

3.) It was reported that JFK was shot "in the right temple".

4.) At other times, however, KLIF reported that JFK had been shot "in
the left temple".

5.) It was reported that the bubbletop roof of JFK's limousine was
bulletproof. It was not, of course.

6.) KLIF said that Governor Connally addressed JFK at the Chamber of
Commerce breakfast in Fort Worth, including the comment "You have
brought sunshine in our hearts". That comment was not made by
Connally; instead, it was said by the head of the Ft. Worth Chamber of
Commerce, Raymond Buck.

7.) In an error of lesser importance, JFK's age was given as 44. And
then just a few minutes later, KLIF adjusted that number upward,
saying that Kennedy was 45 years of age. Of course, neither figure is
accurate. JFK was actually 46-and-a-half when he died on 11/22/63.
KLIF did get his age right a little while later, however.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DF122DF63B100E30