The Blind and the Pitiful

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 24, 2002, 3:46:52 AM3/24/02
# Previously on THE BLIND AND THE PITIFUL:
#
# STEVE OPIE, an ambitious if incompetent middle-aged designer at
# FLONKER CREATIONS, meets and falls in love with KATE ANONYME, a
# deranged middle-aged harpy. Pulling some strings (and his pud),
# Steve manages to secure a job for Kate at Flonker Creations as an XL
# fashion model.
#
# Kate quickly has a falling out with her co-workers. Steve first
# sides with his lover, but the constant fighting puts a strain on
# their relationship. Finally Steve gathers enough courage to tell
# Kate he is leaving her. Despite their best efforts to put on a brave
# face after the split, a lot of pent-up acrimony remains between the
# two.
#
# Non-plussed, as usual, Kate turns to other men, as usual. After a
# brief fling with JOE BOOTSIE, the brash middle-aged head designer
# at STONE FASHIONS, Kate seeks solace in the arms of DR. ALLEN
# GILBERT, the Flonkers' and the Stones' family doctor. Allen is even
# willing to severe his ties with the two families to be with Kate.
#
# As we rejoin the action, Kate confronts Steve in his office at the
# Flonker Creations' headquarters about his recent behavior.
# Meanwhile, over at Allen's hideout, Joe tries to talk some sense
# into the doctor.

[INT. OPIE'S OFFICE AT THE FLONKER CREATIONS HQ - NIGHT]

A middle-aged unkempt man sits in a harshly lit, tiny room. He is
crouched over a keyboard, typing furiously. A droopy middle-aged woman
shows up at the door. Her facial features are covered under whore
makeup and her hair is carefully arranged into a beehive. The man
turns on his office chair and looks at her with bloodshot eyes.

STEVE OPIE [with a heavy Australian accent]: Kate, you are
here.

KATE ANONYME [with a nasal screech]: Yes, Steve. [pause] I am
here.

The pair stare at each other.

The pair still stare at each other.

STEVE: Kate, why did you come here?

KATE: Steve, we need to talk.

The former lovers stare at each other some more.

[EXT. A LOG CABIN IN THE BACKWOODS OF OREGON - NIGHT]

A beat-down Chevrolet pulls into a patch of open land in front of a
small log cabin. The driver, a middle-aged man with a protruding jaw
and a receding hairline, turns off the engine.

JOE BOOTSIE [to himself]: Oh, how did I get myself into this?
It seemed such an innocuous, beautiful thing at first.

Joe looks to the distance, upper right-hand corner.

He has a flashback of him and Kate frolicking in an abandoned parking
lot surrounded by silhouettes of urban housing. Joe catches up to Kate
and they cuddle. It all takes a turn for the worse, though, when Joe
tries to nibble Kate's earlobe. Shocked by this desire to experiment,
Kate asks Joe whether he's some kind of a sexual pervert. The couple
start to argue.

The vivid memory goes away.

JOE: How did it come to this? [pause] I just hope Allen is
willing to listen to me.

He steps out of the car, walks up to the cabin door and almost knocks.
Getting a better idea, he tries the handle. The door opens, and he
steps in.

[INT. OPIE'S OFFICE AT THE FLONKER CREATIONS HQ - NIGHT]

Steve and Kate are still staring at each other.

STEVE: What do you want to say to me, Kate?

KATE: Steve, there's something I need to know. [pause] I want
to know whether you've been talking about us to outsiders... [pause] I
want to know whether you've been talking about our relationship to the
Flonkers.

Kate gives Steve a glowering look. Steve in turn fixes his eyes on the
wall behind Kate, trying to gather what pass for his thoughts.

[INT. A LOG CABIN IN THE BACKWOODS OF OREGON - NIGHT]

Despite the rugged exterior, the cabin surprisingly has running water
and electricity. A portly middle-aged man stands in a kitchen in front
of a sink, his back turned to the door. While the man washes dishes,
he is humming "H.M.S. Pinafore". Hearing footsteps, he stops humming
but doesn't look behind him.

DR. ALLEN GILBERT: Is that you, Kate? I didn't get the Red
Wings-Flames game on tape, but I did take out the trash, and vacuum,
and these dishes are done in a minute...

JOE: No, Allen. [pause] This is not Kate.

Allen dries his hands, taking his time, and then turns to face Joe.

[INT. OPIE'S OFFICE AT THE FLONKER CREATIONS HQ - NIGHT]

Steve has gotten up from his chair.

STEVE: I might have mentioned something about you being
back-stabbing, conniving fruit loop. However, I didn't say anything
that wasn't already general knowledge.

KATE: How could you, Steve? How could you do that to me, after
all we've been through?

STEVE: Kate, all we've been through is what made me do it. And
don't play innocent with me. You've been telling everyone that I'm
some passive-aggressive weirdo dabbling in magick.

KATE: Steve, you _are_ some passive-aggressive weirdo dabbling
in magick.

STEVE [grabs Kate's arm]: Well, you're a back-stabbing,
conniving fruit loop.

Steve holds Kate's arm. Kate pants.

[INT. A LOG CABIN IN THE BACKWOODS OF OREGON - NIGHT]

JOE: I had to warn you, Allen. I wanted to warn you because of
all the good times we've had at the Stones'. [pause] You may not know
this, but... but watching you come up with a seemingly endless stream
of formulaic one-liners has been a big artistic inspiration for me. I
looked up to you, and it hurts to see you like this.

ALLEN: Joe, I understand your motives... but you are barking
up the wrong tree here.

JOE: But you now know what happened between me and Kate. You
must realize what an exploitative, insincere wench she is. You must.
How could you not see it?

ALLEN: I do see it, and you are right, Joe. You are absolutely
right. She is deranged. She does lie, and cheat, and manipulate.
[pause] But there is one thing you've overlooked; one thing that helps
_me_ to overlook everything you mentioned.

JOE: What is it, Allen? For God's sake, man, tell me. What
kind of a hold does she have on you?

ALLEN: No, Joe, it's nothing like that. The reason... [pause]
The reason is this: My relationship with Kate means that I've now
officially become the first H.F.W. member, former or otherwise, to
score with a real, live woman! [a long pause] Now leave. She'll be
back any minute now.

Joe storms out of the cabin.

[INT. OPIE'S OFFICE AT THE FLONK CREATIONS HQ - NIGHT]

Steve has let go of Kate's hand. They are standing at the opposite
sides of the room.

KATE: Fine, Steve, be like that. [glances at her watch] I must
get back to Allen anyway. My Red Wings played Atlanta Flames earlier
tonight, and darling Allen promised to tape it for me. But rest
assured, you will hear from me, Steve Opie. You will hear from me!

Kate exits in a huff. Steve sits down, scratches his unshaven chin and
looks to the doorway with a characteristic appearance of bovine
dullness on his face.

Then he turns around and starts typing furiously again.

[ROLL CREDITS]

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

±

Mar 24, 2002, 5:30:56 AM3/24/02

Is this going to be on HBO?

--
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000################000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000##### #####0000000000000000000
000000000000000#### The ####000000000000000
0000000000000## Fine Family of Snuh ##0000000000000
0000000000### Newsgroups: ###0000000000
000000000# #000000000
0000000## ##### ###### ##0000000
000000# ####### ######## #000000
00000# ######### ########## #00000
0000# ######### ########## #0000
000# ######### ########## #000
00# ####### ######## #00
0# ##### ###### #0
0# #0
0# news:alt.snuh #0
0# news:alt.tv.simpsons.snuh #0
0# news:alt.binaries.snuh #0
0# news:alt.snuh-made-cascades #0
0# news:alt.ozdebate #0
0# news:alt.folklore.snuh #0
00# # news:alt.swnet.snuh # #00
00# ## news:alt.gossip.snuh ## #00
000# ### ### #000
0000# ###### ###### #0000
00000# ###################### #00000
000000# #000000
0000000## ##0000000
000000000# http://www.geocities.com/buhsnuh #000000000
0000000000### ###0000000000
0000000000000## ##0000000000000
000000000000000#### ####000000000000000
0000000000000000000##### #####0000000000000000000
000000000000000000000000################000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000 Harvey Ball, 1922-2001 RIP :( 00000000000000

+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+
|S|a|y| |D|u|h| |t|o| |S|n|u|h|
+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

From: en_mog <en_...@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: alt.tv.simpsons
Subject: Goodbye :-)
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 08:05:45 -0500

If I have any integrity at all, I must leave.
I welcome others to do so as well if they refuse to be led by a group of
unthinking drones that are stuck in such a mindnumbingly predictable
pattern of
snuh/attack/snuh/attack/penises/attack/snuh/rectum/attack/.

From: TGOS <tg...@spamcop.net>
Newsgroups: alt.hentai.sailor-moon
Subject: Re: Great Newsgroup!
Date: 27 Nov 2000 02:23:19 -0600

Nobody can control the snuh.

Ready to create a new newsgroup?
Everything you need is here:
http://snetter.tripod.com

pleace add to yuor lits: snuh music
http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/770/770142.html

this has been another unique, handcrafted and thoughtful psot from the
Snuh family of fine psoters.

ad88888ba 88 ad88888ba
d8" "8b 88 d8" "8b
Y8, 88 "" a8P
`Y8aaaaa, 8b,YHBTba, 88 88 88,dPPYba, ,a8P"
`"""""8b, 88P' `"8a 88 88 88P' "8a d8"
`8b 88 88 88 88 88 88 ""
Y8a a8P 88 88 "8a, ,a88 88 88 88
"Y88888P" 88 88 `"YbbdP'Y8 88 Get Snuhy!

Fritz A. Wollner

Mar 24, 2002, 8:19:28 AM3/24/02
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:46:52 +0200, "03:15:38 GMT" <as...@mail.gr>
wrote:

Okay, who's the asshole that told Ari about the abandoned parking
lot incident?

meowmix

Mar 24, 2002, 9:39:53 AM3/24/02
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:46:52 +0200, "03:15:38 GMT" <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

-=+># Previously on THE BLIND AND THE PITIFUL:
-=+>#
[...]
-=+>
-=+>
[...]

Did you get your inspiration from watching daytime soaps, or is that actualy based on real events? I
can't tell the difference between the two these days.

--
rocky

mhm x v i x i i i

rizla

woof

meowmix

Mar 24, 2002, 9:40:06 AM3/24/02
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:19:28 -0500, Fritz A. Wollner<joe...@catholic.org> wrote:

-=+>On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:46:52 +0200, "03:15:38 GMT" <as...@mail.gr>
-=+>wrote:
-=+>

-=+>>
-=+>>--
-=+>> Ari <fun...@all.at>
-=+>
-=+>Okay, who's the asshole that told Ari about the abandoned parking
-=+>lot incident?

Would it be bad form to grass k00kie Kate up for doing it?

Scott Campbell

Mar 24, 2002, 12:24:35 PM3/24/02

"03:15:38 GMT" <as...@mail.gr> wrote in message

> # Previously on THE BLIND AND THE PITIFUL:

[...]

hee hee...

--
Scott Campbell - mhm 24x12

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 24, 2002, 3:18:44 PM3/24/02
ryannosaurus <killing...@icqmail.com> did this:
> Only in a place like alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk would
> "03:15:38 GMT" <as...@mail.gr> have the audacity to post:

[...]

> <claps>
>
> <can't bring self to snip a line of this>
>
> Indeed, I found every moment precious, but I wish there was further
> elucidation of the motivations of the characters involved. I just
> don't understand some thingies... yet somehow I am certain pudding
> must be involved.

I can try to answer any questions you might have about the piece. Some
things were left out on purpose, to keep the audience waiting for the
next episode. For example, I envision a flashback for the good doctor
when Kate returns that'll fill in the blanks in his conversation with
Joe that were left when we followed Kate's confrontation with Steve.

(Not that there'll be a next episode, you understand, but building up
to one is the done thing in this genre.)

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 24, 2002, 3:19:19 PM3/24/02
meowmix <ro...@moew.org> did this:

> "03:15:38 GMT" <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
>
>-=+># Previously on THE BLIND AND THE PITIFUL:

[...]

>-=+> [ROLL CREDITS]
>
> Did you get your inspiration from watching daytime soaps, or is that actualy
> based on real events? I can't tell the difference between the two these days.

A bit of both. And yes, turning recent real events into a daytime soap
isn't as difficult as it used to be.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

trippy

Mar 24, 2002, 6:26:41 PM3/24/02
This dude, "=?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1?=" h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com,
in message <3C9DAAE0...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com>, said the following
tripped out things....

America Undercover: The lonely, the looney, the keyboard.

--
Trippy

tri...@XspamblockXthetrippy.com

http://www.thetrippy.com

You're different, and that's bad.

Doobie Doobie Doo

Flaagg

Mar 25, 2002, 4:58:33 AM3/25/02
Who is this 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> that has an insatiable appetite
for article
<8i4r9uccjicbrlj18...@ID-12638.paradoxa>?

> [ROLL CREDITS]

Brilliant! Compelling! I'd buy all products that were advertised during
this show!

My only minor complaint is the lack of the evil twin showing up to
DESTROY it's sib using impersonation and such.

--
Aaron M. Henne -flaagg mhm9x2-
PLANET F WEBSITE: http://home.attbi.com/~flaagg/

"I believe in people lying. I believe in people dying."
- Tricky, "Excess"

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 25, 2002, 9:13:28 AM3/25/02
Flaagg <flaagg@REMOVE_TO_EMAIL_attbi.com> did this:
> Who is this 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr>:

>> [ROLL CREDITS]
>
> Brilliant! Compelling! I'd buy all products that were advertised during
> this show!

You're much too kind, sir, though it's heartening to know my emphasis
in fast-paced action and lifelike dialogue worked in this instance.

> My only minor complaint is the lack of the evil twin showing up to
> DESTROY it's sib using impersonation and such.

Such an exciting, unique plot twist would have been the proverbial
cherry on top of the cake, but working in the good twin proved too
difficult with this set of characters.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

John Kimball

Mar 25, 2002, 12:40:42 PM3/25/02
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:46:52 +0200, "03:15:38 GMT" <as...@mail.gr> wrote in
Message id: <8i4r9uccjicbrlj18...@ID-12638.paradoxa>:

>Then he turns around and starts typing furiously again.

^^^^^^

ITYM masturbating.

--
"I think you will find that the real flonkers don't go around telling
other flonkers that they are merely tolerated." Optional Identity

<affinity>

Mar 25, 2002, 9:16:37 PM3/25/02

03:15:38 GMT wrote:

What about demonic possession? Do you think you could work that in?

jet

Mar 25, 2002, 9:55:02 PM3/25/02
Yeah, and a nun. Maybe the evil twin could be a demonically possessed
nun.

--
jet mhm 32x30 |
wee saul disciple #32 |

Peggy Scissons

Mar 26, 2002, 1:44:34 AM3/26/02

"jet" <morr...@pyrophore.ogoense.net> wrote in message
A demonically possessed nun with tourette's syndrom.

Smee

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 26, 2002, 10:50:48 AM3/26/02
jet <morr...@pyrophore.ogoense.net> did this:

> "<affinity>" <lu...@bigpond.com> wrote:
>>03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>>> Flaagg <flaagg@REMOVE_TO_EMAIL_attbi.com> did this:

>>> Such an exciting, unique plot twist would have been the proverbial
>>> cherry on top of the cake, but working in the good twin proved too
>>> difficult with this set of characters.
>>
>>What about demonic possession? Do you think you could work that in?
>
> Yeah, and a nun. Maybe the evil twin could be a demonically possessed
> nun.

Now, if only there was a way for the evil twin who is a demonically
possessed nun to also be the good twin's real father.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>
Perhaps a cloning experiment...

Jelliebun

Mar 26, 2002, 1:04:19 PM3/26/02

I'm pretty sure it is, in like Arkansas or something.

Jelliebun
mhm20x20
shaky on
geography
but pretty sure
it's south of
here somewhere

--
__
/ /\

jet

Mar 26, 2002, 3:15:12 PM3/26/02
He/She's a transvestite demonically possessed nun.

Arnaud M. Fercq

Mar 26, 2002, 5:09:05 PM3/26/02
03:15:38 GMT a écrit :

># Previously on THE BLIND AND THE PITIFUL:

[...]

Not bad, I suppose. It's a shame nothing like this ever happens on UseNet.

--
Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi sanguineus"
http://iacw.usenet-performance-art.org/ (updated hoohehahahaha! Yeah, right.)

Ta gueule, Ludbunski.

"Menjy is the most important topic in the universe!"
-Jelliebun, almost.

"Menjy is not a fuckhead."
-Stain

anonyme

Mar 28, 2002, 3:39:46 PM3/28/02
On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:09:05 +0100 I answered Arnaud M. Fercq
<me...@iacw.org> from alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk.

>03:15:38 GMT a écrit :
>
>># Previously on THE BLIND AND THE PITIFUL:
>
>[...]
>
>Not bad, I suppose. It's a shame nothing like this ever happens on UseNet.

You expect beehive hairdos in this day and age, mebbe?

--
anonyme mhm 32x19
Smeeter #34 Wee Saul Disciple #29

http://www.kalnet.net/krowland/anonyme.htm
http://members.iinet.net.au/~vannevar/ascii3.html

I support Nekkid Flonking!!1!
meow!

anonyme

Mar 28, 2002, 3:40:13 PM3/28/02
To Ari:

You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that. ~What~ a coward you are.

Luckily Allen saw it on google, printed it out and brought it home. He
found it hilarious. I thought it was funny, except I ~really~ object
to the beehive. Call me XL, nasal, whatever, but my hair is halfway
down my back and using a 'beehive', ffs, is just a further give away
of your advanced years. <resentment>

I do have a complete critique in mind, however. I *will* google it and
find you...

muahaha

±

Mar 28, 2002, 7:29:49 PM3/28/02
anonyme wrote:

> To Ari:
>
> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.

How's that?

meowmix

Mar 28, 2002, 7:40:41 PM3/28/02
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:29:49 -0800, Ä… <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

-=+>anonyme wrote:
-=+>>
-=+>> To Ari:
-=+>>
-=+>> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.
-=+>
-=+>How's that?

She's blind and has a brail monitor?

-=+>>~What~ a coward you are.
-=+>
-=+>> Luckily Allen saw it on google, printed it out and brought it home. He
-=+>> found it hilarious. I thought it was funny, except I ~really~ object
-=+>> to the beehive. Call me XL, nasal, whatever, but my hair is halfway
-=+>> down my back and using a 'beehive', ffs, is just a further give away
-=+>> of your advanced years. <resentment>
-=+>>
-=+>> I do have a complete critique in mind, however. I *will* google it and
-=+>> find you...
-=+>>
-=+>> muahaha
-=+>>
-=+>> --
-=+>> anonyme mhm 32x19
-=+>> Smeeter #34 Wee Saul Disciple #29
-=+>>
-=+>> http://www.kalnet.net/krowland/anonyme.htm
-=+>> http://members.iinet.net.au/~vannevar/ascii3.html
-=+>>
-=+>> I support Nekkid Flonking!!1!
-=+>> meow!

Scott Campbell

Mar 28, 2002, 8:18:27 PM3/28/02

"±" <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> anonyme wrote:
> >
> > To Ari:
> >
> > You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.
>
> How's that?

The conversations that must take place inside this poor girl's head...

jet

Mar 28, 2002, 8:47:49 PM3/28/02
In article <kvd7ause1aluq0fsp...@4ax.com>, thread_libe...@meow.org wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:29:49 -0800, Ä… <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>-=+>anonyme wrote:
>-=+>>
>-=+>> To Ari:
>-=+>>
>-=+>> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.
>-=+>
>-=+>How's that?
>
>She's blind and has a brail monitor?

Ari deliberately posted it more than 40 hours before she read usenet,
again, so it would be expired off of altopia's server. He's devious
like that.

meowmix

Mar 28, 2002, 9:40:15 PM3/28/02
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:47:49 GMT, morr...@pyrophore.ogoense.net (jet) wrote:

-=+>In article <kvd7ause1aluq0fsp...@4ax.com>, thread_libe...@meow.org wrote:
-=+>>On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:29:49 -0800, Ä… <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com>
-=+>> wrote:
-=+>>

-=+>>-=+>anonyme wrote:
-=+>>-=+>>
-=+>>-=+>> To Ari:
-=+>>-=+>>
-=+>>-=+>> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.
-=+>>-=+>
-=+>>-=+>How's that?

-=+>>
-=+>>She's blind and has a brail monitor?
-=+>>
-=+>Ari deliberately posted it more than 40 hours before she read usenet,
-=+>again, so it would be expired off of altopia's server. He's devious
-=+>like that.

That's deviouse alright. Damn sneaky Vjiking.

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 29, 2002, 5:02:30 AM3/29/02
anonyme <ano...@meow.org> did this:

> To Ari:
>
> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that. ~What~ a coward you are.

I knew nothing of the sort. In fact, I was fairly certain you would be
able to see it. I was even going to make sure you got a chance to read
it myself, though it turns out I don't have to because...

> Luckily Allen saw it on google, printed it out and brought it home. He
> found it hilarious. I thought it was funny,

You're spoiling me.

> except I ~really~ object to the beehive.

Oh, let your hair down, will you? I', perfectly entitled to portray
you based on your online personality. I picture you as Drew Carey
Show's Mimi's dumb, trashy sister, complete with a beehive.

> Call me XL, nasal, whatever, but my hair is halfway down my back and using
> a 'beehive', ffs, is just a further give away of your advanced years.
> <resentment>

Kate, you oaf, I gave you a bunch of negative attributes. Is someone
who remembers the time beehive hairdos were all the rage likely to
consider them tasteless?

Why are you still banging on about my supposed advanced years, anyway?
I've tried offering you clues on several occasions. Scott tried the
same. Now, you may be sufficiently blinkered to shrug them all off,
but isn't there anyone out there who likes you enough to bother saving
you from some embarrassment by setting you straight?

> I do have a complete critique in mind, however. I *will* google it and
> find you...
>
> muahaha

I can be persuaded to do a repost, but here's a link to Google:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=8i4r9uccjicbrlj18...@ID-12638.paradoxa

The previous, uniformly positive reviews can be viewed by clicking on
'Complete Thread'. Get busy.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 29, 2002, 5:04:08 AM3/29/02
Ä… <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> did this:

> anonyme wrote:
>
>> To Ari:
>>
>> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.
>
> How's that?

She's the titular blind, apparently.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

Avoid normal situations.

Mar 29, 2002, 8:32:36 AM3/29/02
In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
> anonyme <ano...@meow.org> did this:

[..]

> The previous, uniformly positive reviews can be viewed by clicking on
> 'Complete Thread'. Get busy.

They're universally positive because those of us who found it a laughless
cloud of hot air merely shrugged apathetically.

--
alt.flame Special Forces
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who

anonyme

Mar 29, 2002, 3:13:23 PM3/29/02
On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:18:27 -0600 I answered "Scott Campbell"
<thunderin...@msn.com> from alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk.

>"±" <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
>> anonyme wrote:
>> >
>> > To Ari:
>> >
>> > You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.
>>
>> How's that?
>
>The conversations that must take place inside this poor girl's head...

Did I write "To Scott", "To Dean", or "To Rocky"? No. I wrote "To
Ari". He knows why I wouldn't have caught it. Or he should, since I
answered a post of his and told him when I would be back on line.

±

Mar 29, 2002, 9:05:46 PM3/29/02
anonyme wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:18:27 -0600 I answered "Scott Campbell"
> <thunderin...@msn.com> from alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk.
> >
> >"±" <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> How's that?
> >
> >The conversations that must take place inside this poor girl's head...
>
> Did I write "To Scott", "To Dean", or "To Rocky"? No. I wrote "To
> Ari".

Take a chill pill, Will.

> He knows why I wouldn't have caught it. Or he should, since I
> answered a post of his and told him when I would be back on line.

Next time I promise to make Ari wait for you.

> --
> anonyme mhm 32x19
> Smeeter #34 Wee Saul Disciple #29
>
> http://www.kalnet.net/krowland/anonyme.htm
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~vannevar/ascii3.html
>
> I support Nekkid Flonking!!1!
> meow!

http://www.aghltfc.com/usenet

anonyme

Mar 29, 2002, 11:07:00 PM3/29/02
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:02:30 +0200 I answered as...@mail.gr (03:15:38
GMT) from alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk.

>anonyme <ano...@meow.org> did this:
>
>> To Ari:
>>
>> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that. ~What~ a coward you are.
>
>I knew nothing of the sort.

Then you didn't read the post I wrote you where I *told* you when I

would be back on line.

> In fact, I was fairly certain you would be

>able to see it. I was even going to make sure you got a chance to read
>it myself, though it turns out I don't have to because...
>
>> Luckily Allen saw it on google, printed it out and brought it home. He
>> found it hilarious. I thought it was funny,
>
>You're spoiling me.
>
>> except I ~really~ object to the beehive.
>
>Oh, let your hair down, will you? I', perfectly entitled to portray
>you based on your online personality. I picture you as Drew Carey
>Show's Mimi's dumb, trashy sister, complete with a beehive.

And I picture you as an old, gay man typing with two fingers on an
ancient, outdated computer.

Works both ways, ye auld faggoty farte.

>> Call me XL, nasal, whatever, but my hair is halfway down my back and using
>> a 'beehive', ffs, is just a further give away of your advanced years.
>> <resentment>
>
>Kate, you oaf, I gave you a bunch of negative attributes. Is someone
>who remembers the time beehive hairdos were all the rage likely to
>consider them tasteless?

Who the hell would ~remember~ a beehive hairdo? I've seen them on tv.

*rolls eyes*

You're dating yourself. Period.

>Why are you still banging on about my supposed advanced years, anyway?

Because this is the online personna I picture you as.

>I've tried offering you clues on several occasions. Scott tried the
>same.

And no-one ever lies on usenet.

> Now, you may be sufficiently blinkered to shrug them all off,
>but isn't there anyone out there who likes you enough to bother saving
>you from some embarrassment by setting you straight?

One might say the same about you and your idea of what I look like. ;)

>> I do have a complete critique in mind, however. I *will* google it and
>> find you...
>>
>> muahaha
>
>I can be persuaded to do a repost, but here's a link to Google:
>
>http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=8i4r9uccjicbrlj18...@ID-12638.paradoxa

Rather you did a repost, so that the ">" show up. Allen and Joe told
me what most of the replies were. They both thought it was funny.

>The previous, uniformly positive reviews can be viewed by clicking on
>'Complete Thread'. Get busy.

I will when I can catch a minute. Prolly tomorrow.

anonyme

Mar 29, 2002, 11:07:40 PM3/29/02
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:04:08 +0200 I answered as...@mail.gr (03:15:38
GMT) from alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk.

>Ä… <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> did this:
>> anonyme wrote:
>>
>>> To Ari:
>>>
>>> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that.
>>
>> How's that?
>
>She's the titular blind, apparently.

States the man who ~responded~ to the post I made to him where I
stated when I would be back on line...

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 30, 2002, 6:11:28 AM3/30/02
Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

>> The previous, uniformly positive reviews can be viewed by clicking on
>> 'Complete Thread'. Get busy.
>
> They're universally positive because those of us who found it a
> laughless cloud of hot air merely shrugged apathetically.

alt.flame regulars are not known for their inclination to compliment
rather than criticize, yet you speak as if there was more than one of
you.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

"I'd rather read alt.snuh than Ari Asikainen."
-- Some alt.snuh subscriber.

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 30, 2002, 6:14:22 AM3/30/02
anonyme <ano...@meow.org> did this:
> I answered as...@mail.gr (03:15:38 GMT):
>>anonyme <ano...@meow.org> did this:

>>> You ~knew~ I wouldn't be able to see that. ~What~ a coward you are.
>>
>>I knew nothing of the sort.
>
> Then you didn't read the post I wrote you where I *told* you when I
> would be back on line.

Of course I read the post you wrote where you told when you'd be back
online. I followed up to it, didn't I?

>>> except I ~really~ object to the beehive.
>>

>>Oh, let your hair down, will you? I'm perfectly entitled to portray

>>you based on your online personality. I picture you as Drew Carey
>>Show's Mimi's dumb, trashy sister, complete with a beehive.
>
> And I picture you as an old, gay man typing with two fingers on an
> ancient, outdated computer.
>
> Works both ways, ye auld faggoty farte.

You do realize what the difference is, don't you? I describe a
character representing you in a work of fiction. You claim I am this
or that even though you obviously haven't got any idea what the
reality is.

>>Kate, you oaf, I gave you a bunch of negative attributes. Is someone
>>who remembers the time beehive hairdos were all the rage likely to
>>consider them tasteless?
>
> Who the hell would ~remember~ a beehive hairdo?

You and me, for two.

> I've seen them on tv.

The B-52's sure get around.

> *rolls eyes*
>
> You're dating yourself. Period.

Your ability to miss everything that contradicts your theories while
producing the most tenuous thought-processes possible to support them
is rather queer.

There was a real clue to my age in the story that started this thread,
not that you'd notice. When you're doing the review, look at the
reoccurring theme whenever a new character is described, and try to
figure out why I'd rag on them for that particular trait. Kate, I
can't recall the days beehive hairdos were big. Even my parents are
too young to remember them.

>>Why are you still banging on about my supposed advanced years, anyway?
>
> Because this is the online personna I picture you as.

Nope. You insist that I actually am old - and gay, though that has
fallen to the wayside a bit after the hiding you took for it in

>>I've tried offering you clues on several occasions. Scott tried the
>>same.
>
> And no-one ever lies on usenet.

Hey, go on believing your fantasies for all I care. It's not like you
are able to convince anyone else, and they do make these threads even
easier for me.

>>Now, you may be sufficiently blinkered to shrug them all off,
>>but isn't there anyone out there who likes you enough to bother saving
>>you from some embarrassment by setting you straight?
>
> One might say the same about you and your idea of what I look like. ;)

No, one might not. I don't claim to know what you look like. You, on
the other hand, are so hopelessly outmatched you have to invent
'facts'. That's sad, Kate. Sad for you.

>>I can be persuaded to do a repost, but here's a link to Google:
>>
>>http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=8i4r9uccjicbrlj18...@ID-12638.paradoxa
>
> Rather you did a repost, so that the ">" show up.

Go to the website, copy the text, switch back to Agent and 'Paste As
Quote'...

Oh, who do I think I'm talking to? That's much too technical for you.
Here, have a repost:

[...]

--- end repost ---

> Allen and Joe told me what most of the replies were. They both thought it
> was funny.

I applaud them for their good taste on the matter.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 30, 2002, 6:16:41 AM3/30/02
anonyme <ano...@meow.org> did this:
> I answered as...@mail.gr (03:15:38 GMT):

>>Ä… <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> did this:

>>> How's that?
>>
>>She's the titular blind, apparently.
>
> States the man who ~responded~ to the post I made to him where I
> stated when I would be back on line...

So he does. Now, what does your little break from online shenanigans
have to do with your ability to see the post that started this thread?

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

Avoid normal situations.

Mar 30, 2002, 6:17:17 AM3/30/02
In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

>>> The previous, uniformly positive reviews can be viewed by clicking on

>>> 'Complete Thread'. Get busy.
>>
>> They're universally positive because those of us who found it a
>> laughless cloud of hot air merely shrugged apathetically.

> alt.flame regulars are not known for their inclination to compliment
> rather than criticize, yet you speak as if there was more than one of
> you.

Let's not forget the untold thousands who have no opinion because they
have your articles automatically junked.

ObBowieReferenceToAnnoyKerro: I'm okay, you're so-so, ohhh-oh...

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 31, 2002, 4:06:25 AM3/31/02
Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

> Let's not forget the untold thousands who have no opinion because they

> have your articles automatically junked.

Untold thousands are supposed to have my articles junked, but you're
still reading them.

I believe the phrase is "Yeah, right."

> ObBowieReferenceToAnnoyKerro: I'm okay, you're so-so, ohhh-oh...

The other day I stumbled across everyone's favorite mediocre Aussie
telling the folks in alt.folklore.urban - who were in the process of
handing his ass to him - that no one orders him around because he is,
and I quote, a flame-stud. For crying out loud.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

Avoid normal situations.

Mar 31, 2002, 5:16:30 AM3/31/02
In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

>> Let's not forget the untold thousands who have no opinion because they
>> have your articles automatically junked.

> Untold thousands are supposed to have my articles junked, but you're
> still reading them.

> I believe the phrase is "Yeah, right."

*shrug* There have always been a few posters that I read that aren't big
hits with hoi polloi... just like with so many movies I pay to see. Dogbreath,
f'r instance.

>> ObBowieReferenceToAnnoyKerro: I'm okay, you're so-so, ohhh-oh...

> The other day I stumbled across everyone's favorite mediocre Aussie
> telling the folks in alt.folklore.urban - who were in the process of
> handing his ass to him - that no one orders him around because he is,
> and I quote, a flame-stud. For crying out loud.

Cite?

--
alt.flame "not that I disbelieve you" Special Forces

03:15:38 GMT

Mar 31, 2002, 6:20:28 AM3/31/02
Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

>> Untold thousands are supposed to have my articles junked, but you're
>> still reading them.
>>
>> I believe the phrase is "Yeah, right."
>
> *shrug* There have always been a few posters that I read that aren't big
> hits with hoi polloi... just like with so many movies I pay to see.
> Dogbreath, f'r instance.

This would be a good point in the discussion for you to offer
arguments in support of your assertion that the unwashed masses find
my articles less than riveting. It's beginning to sound like a
variation of the old lurkers offering support via email chestnut.

>> The other day I stumbled across everyone's favorite mediocre Aussie
>> telling the folks in alt.folklore.urban - who were in the process of
>> handing his ass to him - that no one orders him around because he is,
>> and I quote, a flame-stud. For crying out loud.
>
> Cite?

I'll cite, though you could have looked it up yourself after all the
pointers I gave. [fires up a browser] [tap-tappity-tap]

Oh me, oh my. This is even better than the original article I came
across (or worse, depending on your point of view).

Mar 31, 2002, 6:27:25 AM3/31/02
On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:16:30 +0000 (UTC), "Avoid normal situations."
<by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> wrote in Message id:
<a86nlu$9pk$1...@og1.olagrande.net>:

>In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

[...]

>> The other day I stumbled across everyone's favorite mediocre Aussie
>> telling the folks in alt.folklore.urban - who were in the process of
>> handing his ass to him - that no one orders him around because he is,
>> and I quote, a flame-stud. For crying out loud.
>
> Cite?

Since I just had to see this, and was already there:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CA3E54B.B2A8B7FE%40NOSPAM.mira.net&output=gplain
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

From: Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net>
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.urban
Subject: Re: The Prolixin Shuffle
<a7q7ek$145q$1...@home.eCynic.com> <3CA17AF7...@NOSPAM.mira.net>
<a7tnol$a9f$1...@allhats.xcski.com> <3CA3A2AA...@NOSPAM.mira.net>
<enNo8.33381$tg4.3...@vixen.cso.uiuc.edu>

Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:53:47 +1100

Deborah, Stevenson, stev...@alexia.lis.uiuc.edu wrote:

> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> writes:
>
> >I shouldn't have said "apple pie"; I didn't really mean that. I object
> >more to the constant refrain that America is "the world's greatest
> >Democracy". I mean... it just so *isn't*.
>
> Remember when you said you'd knock it off? This would be not knocking it
> off.

I know. I was going to knock it off, but then Rick Tyler's follow-up to

young Meredith's enthusiastic-but-not-very-forceful rejoinder
irritated me so much that I felt compelled to assert myself
(slightly) further. Perhaps *Rick* thought that Mezza's
youthful enthusiasm carried some punch, but as an alt.flame
veteran with many years' experience, I can assure you she's
no Barbara Abernathy.

NOBODY tells me to knock anything off. I *am* a flame-stud;
trust me...

--
begin trash harddisk.vbs
I'm a signature virus. Copy me! Look here why:

Avoid normal situations.

Mar 31, 2002, 7:12:03 AM3/31/02
In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

[..]

>>> Untold thousands are supposed to have my articles junked, but you're
>>> still reading them.
>>>
>>> I believe the phrase is "Yeah, right."
>>
>> *shrug* There have always been a few posters that I read that aren't big
>> hits with hoi polloi... just like with so many movies I pay to see.
>> Dogbreath, f'r instance.

> This would be a good point in the discussion for you to offer
> arguments in support of your assertion that the unwashed masses find
> my articles less than riveting.

You're awfully impressed with yourself. The people who also really put the
"wank" into "wanker" and the people who are forgotten very shortly after they
stop posting (if not before) are so often the same ones.

Those a.f. contribbies who could bore the ears off a dog often get more
attention than they deserve if they also can stuff a wild bikini. Somehow,
however, I doubt you possess that charming trait.

(Well, you insisted. Nyaaaah!)

>>> The other day I stumbled across everyone's favorite mediocre Aussie
>>> telling the folks in alt.folklore.urban - who were in the process of
>>> handing his ass to him - that no one orders him around because he is,
>>> and I quote, a flame-stud. For crying out loud.
>>
>> Cite?

> I'll cite, though you could have looked it up yourself after all the
> pointers I gave.

Of course I could have, you foolish flapping Finn. But you were the bloke
who made the contention, hence it was your duty to provide the evidence.

> [fires up a browser] [tap-tappity-tap]

> Oh me, oh my. This is even better than the original article I came
> across (or worse, depending on your point of view).

> --- begin quoted article ---

[ kersnippity ]

> --- end quoted article ---

> If that article doesn't scream "flame-stud", I don't know what does.

Kerro didn't invent that posture. It's been the tradition for every Oz
a.f. poster for as long as anyone cares to remember -- the "You should all be
SO grateful I even deign to post here!!!" attitude, even though their posts
are usually as dry as a dehydrated dingo's asshole.

> Ayup. [falls down laughing]

I second that emotion.

There's a five-letter word I usually post in a large font at times like
this, but that would be pointing out the obvious...

--
alt.flame "exactly how many years are we going to laugh about this?" Special

Arnaud M. Fercq

Mar 31, 2002, 8:23:35 AM3/31/02
03:15:38 GMT a écrit :
>Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
>> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

[...]

Jesus Christ. He'll *never* learn.

--
Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi sanguineus"
http://iacw.usenet-performance-art.org/ (updated hoohehahahaha! Yeah, right.)

"Listen here, I *deleted* that article the next morning (yes -
after I'd sobered up. It was a stupid thing to post)."
-John Kerrens, posting sober.

"Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
this thread, no matter what is written."

-John Kerrens, flame-stud, posting sober.

Avoid normal situations.

Mar 31, 2002, 2:21:58 PM3/31/02
In alt.flame Arnaud M. Fercq <me...@iacw.org> wrote:
> 03:15:38 GMT a écrit :
>>Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
>>> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

> [...]

> Jesus Christ. He'll *never* learn.

There's even better.

[ begin included text ]

From ix.netcom.com!news.maxwell.syr.edu!pumpkin.pangea.ca!news.mira.net.au!not-for-mail Fri Mar 28 21:22:39 1997
From: kerro <ke...@werple.net.au>
Newsgroups: alt.flame,alt.tasteless
Subject: Re: Aus.Flame - The Only True Flame Group
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 06:02:37 -0800

J. Smith wrote:

> In article <5h9mfd$a...@nnrp1.news.primenet.com>, Robin Miller wrote:
> > Is it true that JonBenet Ramsey was last seen pecking at a computer,
> > writing a post to alt.flame?
>
> In a sense, yes.
>
> JonBenet was sitting at the family computer, reading her favorite newsgroup:
> alt.flame. She was so absorbed in hunt-and-peckering a new post (a one-line
> followup, natch), she didn't hear the door at the top of the basement stairs
> click open. The steps and floor were carpeted and muffled the approaching
> footsteps.
>
> Daddy roughly seizes the startled JonBenet from behind, one hand wrapping
> diagonally across her mouth and the other reaching frantically between her
> legs. He massages her tiny, hairless mound with his heavy, greasy hand;
> pushing and pulling desperately at her crotch. The stench of liquor on his
> breath makes little JonBenet wrinkle her face in disgust. She was used to
> him fucking her, but usually he brushed his teeth, so Mommy wouldn't smell it
> on her later.
>
> With a wail of realized desire, Daddy slams her face into the keyboard
> and tries to yank her pants down her legs, but her sitting positions
> prevents easy removal. With one hand holding her face pressed into the
> plastic keys, he scoops his other arm under her torso and yanks her legs
> backward. Her chair goes crashing down.
>
> Daddy fumbles his thick cock out of the top of his sweat-pants, rubbing
> the head with a shaking, sweat-slick thumb. He takes his hand off of his
> unstruggling daughter's neck long enough to spit into it, rubbing a wad of
> thick, acrid saliva onto the tip and rigid shaft.
>
> JonBenet's legs are pushed apart with a knee and suddenly she can feel
> the broad top of his cock bumping against the her pussy. Daddy hisses out
> a shivering breath, his crank slowly working between her bare cuntlips.
>
> "Get ON with it, you fat shit," she shreiks and he lurches forward,
> shoving his rude shaft four inches into JonBenet's tiny quim.
>
> Daddy thrusts forward rhythmically and powerfully. Each push slides her
> tiny, milky body a few inches forward, raking her face across the keyboard
> and randomly pressing keys. As Daddy works her harder and faster, the
> letters fly out and the keyboard shifts under her rolling, reddened face.
>
> Screaming between his teeth, Daddy shoots an angry wad of spunk deep
> inside JonBenet's stretched and stinging twat. He thrusts forward violently,
> pushing JonBenet's forehead into the keyboard once final time. The keys are
> hit and a post is sent. The post -- containing a single line of hundreds
> of random characters -- eventually disappears, unobserved in the illiterate
> chaos of alt.flame.
>
> smith

Phwoar. That gave me a hard-on. Was it based on a true story, or what?
--
Kerro.
http://www.werple.net.au/~kerro

[ end included text ]

Why the "GARY BURNORE IS A CHILD MOLESTER!!!!1!!1!" crowd hasn't picked this
up and ran with it, I'll never know.

--
alt.flame Special Forces

Flaagg

Mar 31, 2002, 8:30:04 PM3/31/02
In article <a86rqi$p6d$0...@pita.alt.net>, John Kimball
<john...@hotmail.com> writes...

Knock it off, Kerro.

--
Aaron M. Henne -flaagg mhm9x2-
PLANET F WEBSITE: http://home.attbi.com/~flaagg/

"I believe in people lying. I believe in people dying."
- Tricky, "Excess"

Kerro

Mar 31, 2002, 11:20:32 PM3/31/02
03:15:38 GMT wrote:

[backstab "flame"]

I only stumbled across this - could easily have missed the
whole covert assasination of my character.

The people in a.f.u have never "handed me my ass back". I'm
usually quite well behaved in a.f.u and consistently post
superb articles. I do occasionally violate their 'BoP' (Ban
on Politics) ruling but it's a small price for the good folk
of alt.folklore.urban to pay - writing like mine doesn't
come around every day...

Kerro

Kerro

Mar 31, 2002, 11:23:16 PM3/31/02

I deleted that article too - within minutes of posting it.
You people must be stalking me all over the Net.

Kerro

spo...@petitmorte.net

Mar 31, 2002, 11:29:15 PM3/31/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in

Yeabut, not all servers accept cancels.

--
You're so very ordinary
You're so very lame

http://www.petitmorte.net/fuckingpigs/

Unknown

Mar 31, 2002, 11:50:54 PM3/31/02
On Fri, 29 Mar 2002 15:13:23 -0500, anonyme <ano...@meow.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:18:27 -0600 I answered "Scott Campbell"
><thunderin...@msn.com> from alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk.
>>

>>"Ä…" <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> How's that?
>>
>>The conversations that must take place inside this poor girl's head...
>
>Did I write "To Scott", "To Dean", or "To Rocky"? No. I wrote "To
>Ari". He knows why I wouldn't have caught it. Or he should, since I
>answered a post of his and told him when I would be back on line.
>
>--

Katie? Every post is PUBLIC. Sorry if you missed that.

±

Apr 1, 2002, 1:33:51 AM4/1/02

At UseNet, no one can hear you scream.

> Kerro

The Beet Man

Apr 1, 2002, 1:34:09 AM4/1/02
On 1 Apr 2002 04:29:15 GMT, in article
<Xns91E2D0662B8...@207.14.113.10>, "spo...@petitmorte.net"
<spo...@petitmorte.net> wrote:

>Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in
>
>> Arnaud M. Fercq wrote:

>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Jesus Christ. He'll *never* learn.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi
>>> sanguineus" http://iacw.usenet-performance-art.org/ (updated
>>> hoohehahahaha! Yeah, right.)
>>>
>>> "Listen here, I *deleted* that article the next morning (yes -
>>> after I'd sobered up. It was a stupid thing to post)."
>>> -John Kerrens, posting sober.
>>>
>>> "Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
>>> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
>>> this thread, no matter what is written."
>>> -John Kerrens, flame-stud, posting sober.
>>
>> I deleted that article too - within minutes of posting it.
>> You people must be stalking me all over the Net.
>
>Yeabut, not all servers accept cancels.

Mindspring/Earthlink doesn't appear to accept cancels, including
cancels posted by their own users.

--
This post brought to you courtesy of the Beet Man!

headkase

Mar 31, 2002, 2:46:42 AM3/31/02

"Kerro" <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message
> [...]

depending on the pay i will stalk you too.

headkase

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 1, 2002, 4:05:17 AM4/1/02
Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
>> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

>>> *shrug* There have always been a few posters that I read that aren't big

>>> hits with hoi polloi... just like with so many movies I pay to see.
>>> Dogbreath, f'r instance.
>>
>> This would be a good point in the discussion for you to offer
>> arguments in support of your assertion that the unwashed masses find
>> my articles less than riveting.
>
> You're awfully impressed with yourself.

Tommyrot, you inattentive irritant. There's a great deal of leeway
between occupying killfiles from here to Melbourne and being God's
personal gift to Usenet.

> The people who also really put the "wank" into "wanker" and the people who
> are forgotten very shortly after they stop posting (if not before) are so
> often the same ones.
>
> Those a.f. contribbies who could bore the ears off a dog often get more
> attention than they deserve if they also can stuff a wild bikini. Somehow,
> however, I doubt you possess that charming trait.

While your personal theories on net.matters are always things to
behold... (Stop tittering at the back. No, really. I'm trying to have
a serious discussion here.) I fail to see the relevance here. You were
arguing that your opinions can differ radically from those of the
teeming masses just a response cycle ago.

So, what lead you to the conclusion that untold of thousands have
killfiled me? The times I've been publicly plonked are certainly few
and far apart. It seems to happen about once a year, disregarding
Russell. Really, Jack, you know what the general opinion is on people
who claim general opinion is on their side because they say it is.

> (Well, you insisted. Nyaaaah!)

(I still do.)

>> I'll cite, though you could have looked it up yourself after all the
>> pointers I gave.
>
> Of course I could have, you foolish flapping Finn.

Now you've done it, you bumbling bullheaded blatherskite. You'll have
that one moldy oldbie mucker all over this thread in no time,
explaining to anyone willing to listen how Blob Whatshisname gave
alliteration a bad name back in the year sword and helmet, and how
it's gosh/darn surprising anyone at all still uses the technique.

What an asinine artless automaton that guy is.

> But you were the bloke who made the contention, hence it was your duty
> to provide the evidence.

Which is exactly why I did provide evidence when asked. That doesn't
mean the request itself wasn't needless.

|| http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CA445FF...@NOSPAM.mira.net

>> If that article doesn't scream "flame-stud", I don't know what does.
>
> Kerro didn't invent that posture. It's been the tradition for every Oz a.f.
> poster for as long as anyone cares to remember -- the "You should all be SO
> grateful I even deign to post here!!!" attitude, even though their posts
> are usually as dry as a dehydrated dingo's asshole.

One'd hope they're just using it as flame bait, but e.g. in Kerro's
case it appears the poor bastard actually believes his own hype.

>> Ayup. [falls down laughing]
>
> I second that emotion.

It's the juxtaposition that really does it:

"NOBODY tells me to knock anything off. I *am* a flame-stud;
trust me..."

-- Kerro, flame-stud.

"Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
this thread, no matter what is written."

-- Kerro, flame-stud, seven hours later.

Oh dear. [wipes eyes]

> There's a five-letter word I usually post in a large font at times like
> this, but that would be pointing out the obvious...

No, kids, he's not talking about "Fckhd."

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 1, 2002, 4:05:59 AM4/1/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:

> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>
> [backstab "flame"]
>
> I only stumbled across this - could easily have missed the
> whole covert assasination of my character.

"Stealth flame"? "Backstab 'flame'"? "Covert assasination [sic] of
character"? *giggle*

Kerro, there's fuck all stealthy or covert about flaming an alt.flame
regular in an article posted to... [drumroll, please!] alt.flame. Even
if you had missed the original posts - in a discussion with Maxfield?
Not bloody likely - half of A dot F would have been more than happy to
inform you of the recent revelations.

Drop this nonsense now and avoid embarrassing yourself even further,
you big fluffy flame-stud you. Claim you had been drinking before you
wrote it, if you must.

(I mean, that has worked _so_ well for you in the past.)

> The people in a.f.u have never "handed me my ass back".

You got in an argument. You were flamed. You told the group of your
flame-studness. Then you got flamed some more. You made excuses for
your previous words and bowed out of the thread. I think you'll find
the criteria of ass handing were easily fulfilled.

> I'm usually quite well behaved in a.f.u and consistently post
> superb articles. I do occasionally violate their 'BoP' (Ban
> on Politics) ruling but it's a small price for the good folk
> of alt.folklore.urban to pay - writing like mine doesn't
> come around every day...

How many of them plonked you after the you overdosed on testosterone
and tried to dazzle them with your alt.flame history?

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>
_.........._
____________________ ,' `.
/ \ |`-==========-'|
! I *am* a flame-stud; !__ _ ,---. _ \
! trust me... ______/ \ (~-| . . |-~)________ /
\_____________/ \._ 0 _,/' `-.|
/ `-^-'`-._________.-'|
' `-. : |
Kerro----> : )E . |
: ,---' : . |
. )E: ' |
======================================'._____,---': : . : |========
| : |
A drinkie----> \ : /
`._:______'_.'

Kerro

Apr 1, 2002, 4:29:34 AM4/1/02
03:15:38 GMT wrote:

> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:
> > 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
> >
> > [backstab "flame"]
> >
> > I only stumbled across this - could easily have missed the
> > whole covert assasination of my character.
>
> "Stealth flame"? "Backstab 'flame'"? "Covert assasination [sic] of
> character"? *giggle*

Well, you could have *hand-waved* a bit more. Something like:
"Yo, Kerro - over here!" in the header. I don't have time to
read all the articles in a.f, or any other ng - I have an
incredibly busy life - so it would help to know when one is
being "flamed".....

> Kerro, there's fuck all stealthy or covert about flaming an alt.flame
> regular in an article posted to... [drumroll, please!] alt.flame. Even
> if you had missed the original posts - in a discussion with Maxfield?
> Not bloody likely - half of A dot F would have been more than happy to
> inform you of the recent revelations.
>
> Drop this nonsense now and avoid embarrassing yourself even further,
> you big fluffy flame-stud you. Claim you had been drinking before you
> wrote it, if you must.
>
> (I mean, that has worked _so_ well for you in the past.)

I did plenty of drinking this Easter, I can tell you; but I
don't use it as an excuse very often. I write some of my
best stuff when I've had a few. (I got through some pretty-
good 'Finlandia' vodka over the long weekend. Probably the
only decent thing to have come out of that shitty country.)

> > The people in a.f.u have never "handed me my ass back".
>
> You got in an argument. You were flamed. You told the group of your
> flame-studness. Then you got flamed some more. You made excuses for
> your previous words and bowed out of the thread. I think you'll find
> the criteria of ass handing were easily fulfilled.

Well, keep in mind - Ari - that alt.folklore.urban is not a
flame-group. They can't flame as well as me - who can? - so I
can afford to be magnanimous, which I was, when someone takes
exception to something I wrote. Do *you* flame people in every
newsgroup you hang out in?

> > I'm usually quite well behaved in a.f.u and consistently post
> > superb articles. I do occasionally violate their 'BoP' (Ban
> > on Politics) ruling but it's a small price for the good folk
> > of alt.folklore.urban to pay - writing like mine doesn't
> > come around every day...
>
> How many of them plonked you after the you overdosed on testosterone
> and tried to dazzle them with your alt.flame history?

When I first started posting there, four years ago, I got
plonked by some people but I *strongly* doubt that I would
be in anyone's killfile now. No way.

[koala graphic]

Just out of curiosity, how long did you spend on that image?

Kerro

Kerro

Apr 1, 2002, 4:31:48 AM4/1/02

You're a girlie aren't you? I don't mind being stalked by
a good-looking young girl, but first, I want to see a jpeg
of your boosies. Then, if I approve, you can commence stalkage.

Kerro

Arnaud M. Fercq

Apr 1, 2002, 4:37:14 AM4/1/02
Kerro a écrit :

>Arnaud M. Fercq wrote:
>> 03:15:38 GMT a écrit :
>> >Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

[...]

>> "Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.

>> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
>> this thread, no matter what is written."
>> -John Kerrens, flame-stud, posting sober.
>
>I deleted that article too - within minutes of posting it.
>You people must be stalking me all over the Net.

Knock it off, Kerro.

Arnaud M. Fercq

Apr 1, 2002, 5:00:06 AM4/1/02
Avoid normal situations. a écrit :

>In alt.flame Arnaud M. Fercq <me...@iacw.org> wrote:
>> 03:15:38 GMT a écrit :
>>>Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
>
>> [...]
>
>> Jesus Christ. He'll *never* learn.
>
> There's even better.
>
> [ begin included text ]

[ included text mercifully included out ]

> Why the "GARY BURNORE IS A CHILD MOLESTER!!!!1!!1!" crowd hasn't picked this
>up and ran with it, I'll never know.

Sheer disbelief, probably. It's like watching the antics of some sort of
crazed, drunken marsupial lemming. How many ethanol-fueled follies is UseNet
going to be treated to before Kerro wises up and starts breathalysing himself
before posting?

--
Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi sanguineus"
http://iacw.usenet-performance-art.org/ (updated hoohehahahaha! Yeah, right.)

Ta gueule, Ludbunski.

"Menjy is the most important topic in the universe!"
-Jelliebun, almost.

"Menjy is not a fuckhead."
-Stain

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 1, 2002, 5:32:18 AM4/1/02
In alt.flame Kerro <ke...@nospam.mira.net> wrote:
> headkase wrote:
>> "Kerro" <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message

[..]

>> depending on the pay i will stalk you too.

> You're a girlie aren't you? I don't mind being stalked by
> a good-looking young girl, but first, I want to see a jpeg
> of your boosies. Then, if I approve, you can commence stalkage.

So Collision Theory will soon be doing a techno version of "Misty"?

--
alt.flame Special Forces
"I only want to watch films which express either the joy or the agony of

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 1, 2002, 5:26:16 AM4/1/02
In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

[..]

>> The people who also really put the "wank" into "wanker" and the people who
>> are forgotten very shortly after they stop posting (if not before) are so
>> often the same ones.
>>
>> Those a.f. contribbies who could bore the ears off a dog often get more
>> attention than they deserve if they also can stuff a wild bikini. Somehow,
>> however, I doubt you possess that charming trait.

> While your personal theories on net.matters are always things to
> behold... (Stop tittering at the back. No, really. I'm trying to have
> a serious discussion here.)

Jesus. Are you STILL going on about my case for having spanked Texas Tom?

> I fail to see the relevance here. You were
> arguing that your opinions can differ radically from those of the
> teeming masses just a response cycle ago.

Yeah. So?

> So, what lead you to the conclusion that untold of thousands have
> killfiled me? The times I've been publicly plonked are certainly few
> and far apart. It seems to happen about once a year, disregarding
> Russell.

Have you been netified long enough to have seen the Usenet readership
reports of Brian Reid?

>>> I'll cite, though you could have looked it up yourself after all the
>>> pointers I gave.
>>
>> Of course I could have, you foolish flapping Finn.

> Now you've done it, you bumbling bullheaded blatherskite. You'll have
> that one moldy oldbie mucker all over this thread in no time,
> explaining to anyone willing to listen how Blob Whatshisname gave
> alliteration a bad name back in the year sword and helmet, and how
> it's gosh/darn surprising anyone at all still uses the technique.

Mea culpa. It just popped into my head...

>>> [falls down laughing]
>>
>> I second that emotion.

> It's the juxtaposition that really does it:

> "NOBODY tells me to knock anything off. I *am* a flame-stud;
> trust me..."
> -- Kerro, flame-stud.

> "Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
> this thread, no matter what is written."
> -- Kerro, flame-stud, seven hours later.

> Oh dear. [wipes eyes]

As icing on the cake, he bumbles into this thread after you mention the
latter article protesting that he cancelled it minutes after writing it,
therefore somebody is net.stalking him... when anyone who was paying attention
found out that most sites don't honor cancels anymore years ago.

Dr. Flonkenstein

Apr 1, 2002, 10:13:16 AM4/1/02
On the immemorial day Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:37:14 +0200,
in an ultimate attempt to be funny
and witty at once, that summum of the evolution
of human race, Arnaud M. Fercq <me...@iacw.org> wrote:

>Kerro a écrit :
>>Arnaud M. Fercq wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>> "Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
>>> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
>>> this thread, no matter what is written."
>>> -John Kerrens, flame-stud, posting sober.
>>
>>I deleted that article too - within minutes of posting it.
>>You people must be stalking me all over the Net.
>
>Knock it off, Kerro.

Kock it off, Kerro.

>--
>Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi sanguineus"
>http://iacw.usenet-performance-art.org/ (updated hoohehahahaha! Yeah, right.)
>
>"Listen here, I *deleted* that article the next morning (yes -
> after I'd sobered up. It was a stupid thing to post)."
> -John Kerrens, posting sober.
>
>"Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
> this thread, no matter what is written."
> -John Kerrens, flame-stud, posting sober.

--
Dr Flonkenstein
Alcatroll Labs Inc. Flame, troll and
antispaem bots
development.

mhm 27x12 MEOW MEOW ARMY
ICQ 146303664

Highpriest of the
Romath Religion

Professor Kookology at
BUNCHMUNCH Univ.

Wereldsman's hate lits #7

If you want to learn more about the dark alleys
of the internet, please do get lost in this
labirynth, by

(¯`·.¸(¯`·.¸ fravia+ ¸.·´¯)¸.·´¯)

http://www.searchlores.org
http://www.searchlore.org
http://www.fravia.org
http://www.fravia.com
"I'll give up Usenet Performance Art...
when they pry the keyboard from my cold, dead fingers."
The 2-Belo: EMPEROR OF MEOW news:alt.fan.karl-malden.nose
Max Ernst (1972) The Four Shoes :
http://www.si.umich.edu/Art_History/UMMA/1983/1983_2.240.jpg
"Jerry Howe" <jho...@bellsouth.net> after having made
the cohabitants of the trailerpark clean up the place,
now tries the same on usenet, Message-ID: <a56kh3$51tv6$1...@ID-41291.news.dfncis.de>
"You ought to trim your sig file....
that's a common complaint here"

Mike F'in Thacker!

Apr 1, 2002, 2:27:35 PM4/1/02
On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:37:14 +0200, Arnaud M. Fercq <me...@iacw.org>
wrote:

>Kerro a écrit :

>>Arnaud M. Fercq wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>> "Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
>>> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
>>> this thread, no matter what is written."
>>> -John Kerrens, flame-stud, posting sober.
>>
>>I deleted that article too - within minutes of posting it.
>>You people must be stalking me all over the Net.
>
>Knock it off, Kerro.

Hey, remember me?

I am the fellow who kicked your ass so bad I had to spend 2 years
recuperating.

Now I am back.

Remember me???

Arnaud M. Fercq

Apr 1, 2002, 1:10:07 PM4/1/02
Mike F'in Thacker! a écrit :

[...]

Fuck off, Kirk.

--
Flamer to the Gentry -- Prof. IACW -- mhm 20x8 -- "ludus non nisi sanguineus"
http://iacw.usenet-performance-art.org/ (updated hoohehahahaha! Yeah, right.)

Ta gueule, Ludbunski.

meowmix

Apr 1, 2002, 4:20:03 PM4/1/02
On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:27:35 GMT, JamesKirk@Enterprise (Mike F'in Thacker!) wrote:

meow>On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 11:37:14 +0200, Arnaud M. Fercq <me...@iacw.org>
meow>wrote:
meow>
meow>>Kerro a écrit :
meow>>>Arnaud M. Fercq wrote:
meow>>>> 03:15:38 GMT a écrit :
meow>>>> >Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
meow>>>> >> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
meow>>
meow>>[...]
meow>>
meow>>>> "Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
meow>>>> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
meow>>>> this thread, no matter what is written."
meow>>>> -John Kerrens, flame-stud, posting sober.
meow>>>
meow>>>I deleted that article too - within minutes of posting it.
meow>>>You people must be stalking me all over the Net.
meow>>
meow>>Knock it off, Kerro.
meow>
meow>
meow>Hey, remember me?
meow>
meow>I am the fellow who kicked your ass so bad I had to spend 2 years
meow>recuperating.
meow>
meow>Now I am back.
meow>
meow>Remember me???

if i did, i sure as fuck wouldn't admit it. well if you bribed me with root beer i might.

--
rocky

mhm x v i x i i i

rizla

woof

Fox Mulder

Apr 1, 2002, 9:28:42 PM4/1/02
On Mon, 01 Apr 2002 19:26:13 GMT, squ...@atlantic.ocean (Hurricane
Timbo) wrote:

>Arnaud M. Fercq <me...@iacw.org> wrote:

>>Mike F'in Thacker! a écrit :
>>
>>[...]
>>
>>Fuck off, Kirk.
>

>Damn. Duped by Kwirk. Must pay more attention. I'll be posting to
>alt.test soon.

And its april 1 to boot, Bawhahahahahaha!!

Snuhwolf

Apr 1, 2002, 7:01:55 PM4/1/02

± <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:3CA7FF4F...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com...
: Kerro wrote:
: >
: > Arnaud M. Fercq wrote:
: > >
: > > 03:15:38 GMT a écrit :
: > > >Avoid normal situations.> did this:
: > > >> 03:15:38 GMT > wrote:
: > >
: > > [...]
: > >
: > > Jesus Christ. He'll *never* learn.
: > >
: > > --
:
: At UseNet, no one can hear you scream.
:
So it would seem...

±

Apr 1, 2002, 9:21:40 PM4/1/02
Snuhwolf wrote:

> Ä… <h0plib...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message news:3CA7FF4F...@WHATISSPAMhotmail.com...

. . .

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 2, 2002, 12:15:34 AM4/2/02
In alt.flame Arnaud M. Fercq <me...@iacw.org> wrote:
> Mike F'in Thacker! a écrit :

> [...]

> Fuck off, Kirk.
Fuck off, Kirk.

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 2, 2002, 3:27:30 AM4/2/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:

>> "Stealth flame"? "Backstab 'flame'"? "Covert assasination [sic] of
>> character"? *giggle*
>
> Well, you could have *hand-waved* a bit more. Something like:
> "Yo, Kerro - over here!" in the header.

You weren't the only subject of the article. Besides, when such an
excellent opportunity to laugh at a fellow flamer arises, others will
make sure the fellow flamer would have to be deaf and blind not to
notice anything. I figured you were just dumb.

> I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any other ng -
> I have an incredibly busy life -

All this whining is patently silly, you know. Even you don't go around
putting the name of whoever happens to come up in the Subject header.
You happily chatter with Koput about Tanner without mentioning Tanner
in the subject. You cheerily chitchat with Tanner about Koput without
mentioning the phenomenally boring Canuck anywhere in the headers.
Then all three of you light-heartedly jaw to your hearts' delight
about FyRE, who hasn't been around here in yonks.

> so it would help to know when one is being "flamed".....

Why the scare quotes, studly one?

>> Kerro, there's fuck all stealthy or covert about flaming an alt.flame

>> regular in an article posted to - drumroll, please! - alt.flame. Even

>> if you had missed the original posts - in a discussion with Maxfield?
>> Not bloody likely - half of A dot F would have been more than happy to
>> inform you of the recent revelations.
>>
>> Drop this nonsense now and avoid embarrassing yourself even further,
>> you big fluffy flame-stud you. Claim you had been drinking before you
>> wrote it, if you must.
>>
>> (I mean, that has worked _so_ well for you in the past.)
>
> I did plenty of drinking this Easter, I can tell you; but I
> don't use it as an excuse very often. I write some of my
> best stuff when I've had a few.

You know what's really sad? I'll tell you what's really sad. Shitfaced
sods who think they're funny or interesting, that's what. Their
material may work with other drunkards, but anyone reasonably sober
has to cringe as one of these drunk fuckers launches into his myopic
routine - always way too loud and heavily slurring.

If one is really unlucky, the sot'll turn out to be a jingoist. Laugh
as the red-nosed rummy tackles wops! Take delight in the
indecipherable inebriate's thoughts on limeys! (If one happens to
live in Finland, the nations of choice are Sweden and Russia.)

> (I got through some pretty-good 'Finlandia' vodka over the long

> weekend. Probably the only decent thing to have come out of that
> shitty country.)

[eyes glaze] That's nice.

>> You got in an argument. You were flamed. You told the group of your
>> flame-studness. Then you got flamed some more. You made excuses for
>> your previous words and bowed out of the thread. I think you'll find
>> the criteria of ass handing were easily fulfilled.
>
> Well, keep in mind - Ari - that alt.folklore.urban is not a
> flame-group. They can't flame as well as me -

I thought some of them were doing a better job of it than you here.

> who can? -

(No pushing and shoving. Form an orderly queue or we'll be here all
week.)

> so I can afford to be magnanimous, which I was, when someone takes
> exception to something I wrote. Do *you* flame people in every
> newsgroup you hang out in?

I try to avoid flaming in more polite groups, and usually do a good
job of it. I also try to avoid making a complete tit of myself, which
is something you obviously need to work on.

Look, Kerro, refraining from flaming doesn't prevent anyone from
winning an argument. You got in a tiff, acted ridiculously and slinked
off to your corner. An ass was handed. There's a strong rumor doing
the rounds that a platter was involved.

[AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]

>> How many of them plonked you after the you overdosed on testosterone
>> and tried to dazzle them with your alt.flame history?
>
> When I first started posting there, four years ago, I got
> plonked by some people but I *strongly* doubt that I would
> be in anyone's killfile now. No way.

Are you saying that lady who implied she wouldn't be reading your
articles for the next hundred days was kidding? She seemed a bit - oh,
I don't know - _icy_ to me. And what about that fellow who waxed
poetic about the sound of plonking echoing through the hills?

> [koala graphic]
>
> Just out of curiosity, how long did you spend on that image?

About five minutes, I think. I went over to my favorite ASCII art
website and spliced together two pre-existing pictures. The best thing
is it can be reused time and time again!

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 2, 2002, 3:28:19 AM4/2/02
Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

>> While your personal theories on net.matters are always things to
>> behold... (Stop tittering at the back. No, really. I'm trying to have
>> a serious discussion here.)
>
> Jesus. Are you STILL going on about my case for having spanked Texas Tom?

Don't sell yourself sort. You have 'interesting' theories on a wide
spectrum of issues - from flaming by support group to the "art" of
flaming, and beyond.

>> You were arguing that your opinions can differ radically from those of
>> the teeming masses just a response cycle ago.
>
> Yeah. So?

Your musings about boring the ears off a dog and such were rather
silly in light of what you wrote in your previous article.

>> So, what lead you to the conclusion that untold of thousands have
>> killfiled me? The times I've been publicly plonked are certainly few
>> and far apart. It seems to happen about once a year, disregarding
>> Russell.
>
> Have you been netified long enough to have seen the Usenet readership
> reports of Brian Reid?

No, but I think I know where this is going. Do go ahead anyway. If
your argument is what I think it is, it'll be amusing to see you
contort your previous posts to align with the new line.

> Mea culpa.

What's "BLAM!" in Latin?

>> It's the juxtaposition that really does it:
>>
>> "NOBODY tells me to knock anything off. I *am* a flame-stud;
>> trust me..."
>> -- Kerro, flame-stud.
>>
>> "Ok, Phil. I was a bit Tired & Emotional. Had a few drinkies.
>> I'm knocking it off *right now* and will not follow up to
>> this thread, no matter what is written."
>> -- Kerro, flame-stud, seven hours later.
>>
>> Oh dear. [wipes eyes]
>
> As icing on the cake, he bumbles into this thread after you mention the
> latter article protesting that he cancelled it minutes after writing it,
> therefore somebody is net.stalking him... when anyone who was paying
> attention found out that most sites don't honor cancels anymore years ago.

groups.google.com doesn't, for one, and I did mention firing up a
browser to look for the article. Possession of a clue doesn't appear
to be a requirement for becoming a "flame-stud".

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

John Kimball

bubbles

Apr 2, 2002, 11:43:28 AM4/2/02
as...@mail.gr (03:15:38 GMT) wrote in message news:<slrnaaiqr...@ID-12638.user.dfncis.de>...

> _.........._
> ____________________ ,' `.
> / \ |`-==========-'|
> ! I *am* a flame-stud; !__ _ ,---. _ \
> ! trust me... ______/ \ (~-| . . |-~)________ /
> \_____________/ \._ 0 _,/' `-.|
> / `-^-'`-._________.-'|
> ' `-. : |
> Kerro----> : )E . |
> : ,---' : . |
> . )E: ' |
> ======================================'._____,---': : . : |========
> | : |
> A drinkie----> \ : /
> `._:______'_.'

Looks more like he's humping a log.

--bubbles

bubbles

Apr 2, 2002, 3:03:12 PM4/2/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message news:<3CA8287E...@NOSPAM.mira.net>...

> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
> >
> ...I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any
> other ng - I have an incredibly busy life...

...passed out in a pool of my own sick.

> I did plenty of drinking this Easter, I can tell you;

Why am I not surprised?

> (I got through some pretty-
> good 'Finlandia' vodka over the long weekend. Probably the
> only decent thing to have come out of that shitty country.)

I'm sensing some festering Finnophilia in your last few posts, digger.
Time for more EST at Melbourne Mental.

--bubbles

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 2, 2002, 11:19:33 PM4/2/02
In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

[..]

>>> While your personal theories on net.matters are always things to
>>> behold... (Stop tittering at the back. No, really. I'm trying to have
>>> a serious discussion here.)
>>
>> Jesus. Are you STILL going on about my case for having spanked Texas Tom?

> Don't sell yourself sort. You have 'interesting' theories on a wide
> spectrum of issues - from flaming by support group

Most people don't even know how to spell "personal sovereignty", much less
have any idea why having it is good. This is why Adrian and Balloo went on and
on and on about "Nobody believes you spanked Howard but you, Stain, ha ha ha,
we're going to get you Most Tenuous Spank Claim next a.f. awards, hee hee
hee"... only to storm off in bitter tears when they co-won that dubious
honor themselves. This, in turn, and other like incidents, are why I thought
Jelliebun's admission that Balloo's posts were "shite" was so goddamn funny,
and a perfect illustration of why running with the pack is such a stupid
idea; such a giveaway may not mean *too* many dark undercurrents in Chateau
Capoeman, but it shows how anyone can turn on you at any time in this forum.

All men betray ((tm) Randall Wallace, 1995). Some chicks are pretty bad
about it, too.

>>> You were arguing that your opinions can differ radically from those of
>>> the teeming masses just a response cycle ago.
>>
>> Yeah. So?

> Your musings about boring the ears off a dog and such were rather
> silly in light of what you wrote in your previous article.

In what way?

>>> So, what lead you to the conclusion that untold of thousands have
>>> killfiled me? The times I've been publicly plonked are certainly few
>>> and far apart. It seems to happen about once a year, disregarding
>>> Russell.
>>
>> Have you been netified long enough to have seen the Usenet readership
>> reports of Brian Reid?

> No, but I think I know where this is going. Do go ahead anyway. If
> your argument is what I think it is, it'll be amusing to see you
> contort your previous posts to align with the new line.

There are thousands and thousands of readers of this group. Those who have
publically plonked you are probably just the tip of the iceberg.

[ Kerrobashing snipped ]

Kerro

Apr 3, 2002, 3:28:25 AM4/3/02
03:15:38 GMT wrote:

> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:
> > 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>
> >> "Stealth flame"? "Backstab 'flame'"? "Covert assasination [sic] of
> >> character"? *giggle*
> >
> > Well, you could have *hand-waved* a bit more. Something like:
> > "Yo, Kerro - over here!" in the header.
>
> You weren't the only subject of the article. Besides, when such an
> excellent opportunity to laugh at a fellow flamer arises, others will
> make sure the fellow flamer would have to be deaf and blind not to
> notice anything. I figured you were just dumb.

You figured wrong, you Monkey-Lover.

> > I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any other ng -
> > I have an incredibly busy life -
>
> All this whining is patently silly, you know. Even you don't go around
> putting the name of whoever happens to come up in the Subject header.
> You happily chatter with Koput about Tanner without mentioning Tanner
> in the subject. You cheerily chitchat with Tanner about Koput without
> mentioning the phenomenally boring Canuck anywhere in the headers.
> Then all three of you light-heartedly jaw to your hearts' delight
> about FyRE, who hasn't been around here in yonks.

Oh, all right. I'll let you off this time.

> > so it would help to know when one is being "flamed".....
>
> Why the scare quotes, studly one?

You know; "flamed" as in "allegedly"....

> >> Kerro, there's fuck all stealthy or covert about flaming an alt.flame
> >> regular in an article posted to - drumroll, please! - alt.flame. Even
> >> if you had missed the original posts - in a discussion with Maxfield?
> >> Not bloody likely - half of A dot F would have been more than happy to
> >> inform you of the recent revelations.
> >>
> >> Drop this nonsense now and avoid embarrassing yourself even further,
> >> you big fluffy flame-stud you. Claim you had been drinking before you
> >> wrote it, if you must.
> >>
> >> (I mean, that has worked _so_ well for you in the past.)
> >
> > I did plenty of drinking this Easter, I can tell you; but I
> > don't use it as an excuse very often. I write some of my
> > best stuff when I've had a few.
>
> You know what's really sad? I'll tell you what's really sad. Shitfaced
> sods who think they're funny or interesting,

I *am* funny or interesting.

that's what. Their
> material may work with other drunkards, but anyone reasonably sober
> has to cringe as one of these drunk fuckers launches into his myopic
> routine - always way too loud and heavily slurring.

"Myopic"? What the hell do you mean "myopic"? You just threw
that word in because you wanted to sound articulate. It doesn't
fit in to the context of what you were saying. You can be such
a pseudo-"articulate" twat sometimes.

"Myopic"....shit.

> If one is really unlucky, the sot'll turn out to be a jingoist. Laugh
> as the red-nosed rummy tackles wops! Take delight in the
> indecipherable inebriate's thoughts on limeys! (If one happens to
> live in Finland, the nations of choice are Sweden and Russia.)

You Finns are *so* jealous of Sweden, aren't you? The Svedes
have always had a high-profile, sexy international reputation
while, up until recently, most people thought Finland was some
kind of Soviet satellite. Admit it - it has always bugged you
people. I'm amazed you never declared war on them, just out
of sheer resentment.

> > (I got through some pretty-good 'Finlandia' vodka over the long
> > weekend. Probably the only decent thing to have come out of that
> > shitty country.)
>
> [eyes glaze] That's nice.

I prefer 'Absolut' though. Swedish....

> >> You got in an argument. You were flamed. You told the group of your
> >> flame-studness. Then you got flamed some more. You made excuses for
> >> your previous words and bowed out of the thread. I think you'll find
> >> the criteria of ass handing were easily fulfilled.

Nonsense.

> > Well, keep in mind - Ari - that alt.folklore.urban is not a
> > flame-group. They can't flame as well as me -
>
> I thought some of them were doing a better job of it than you here.

Don't be ridiculous. I wasn't *trying* to flame. I was just
bored, is all. A bit like when I read your articles.

> > who can? -
>
> (No pushing and shoving. Form an orderly queue or we'll be here all
> week.)
>
> > so I can afford to be magnanimous, which I was, when someone takes
> > exception to something I wrote. Do *you* flame people in every
> > newsgroup you hang out in?
>
> I try to avoid flaming in more polite groups, and usually do a good
> job of it. I also try to avoid making a complete tit of myself, which
> is something you obviously need to work on.

Yeah, well....tit. There's nothing wrong with making a tit of
yourself in public occasionally. That's what happens when you
got Joie-de-Vivre. As a Scandinavian, of course, you've never
experienced Joie-de-Vivre. Only Melancholia-de-Morose.
Or Depressed-de-fuck-need-holiday-somewhere-sunny.

> Look, Kerro, refraining from flaming doesn't prevent anyone from
> winning an argument. You got in a tiff, acted ridiculously and slinked
> off to your corner. An ass was handed. There's a strong rumor doing
> the rounds that a platter was involved.

It wasn't a "tiff", you fuck. I don't *have* "tiffs", you fuck.
I was just bored and....blathering.

> [AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]

Yes, they do. Though with reservations. (I got off to a very
poor start there in '98 and the a.f.u regs have long memories.)
*All* of them would admit, though, that I am an excellent
contributor - check it out yourself, in Google. (Though you've
probably already done so....)

> >> How many of them plonked you after the you overdosed on testosterone
> >> and tried to dazzle them with your alt.flame history?

I wasn't trying to dazzle them. They know I'm from alt.flame
but I rarely mention it, because they don't really want to
hear about it.

> > When I first started posting there, four years ago, I got
> > plonked by some people but I *strongly* doubt that I would
> > be in anyone's killfile now. No way.
>
> Are you saying that lady who implied she wouldn't be reading your
> articles for the next hundred days was kidding? She seemed a bit - oh,
> I don't know - _icy_ to me. And what about that fellow who waxed
> poetic about the sound of plonking echoing through the hills?

I must have missed that one. I didn't read the whole thread.

> > [koala graphic]
> >
> > Just out of curiosity, how long did you spend on that image?
>
> About five minutes, I think. I went over to my favorite ASCII art
> website and spliced together two pre-existing pictures. The best thing
> is it can be reused time and time again!

Oh, I'm not criticizing it. It's very good, really.

Kerro

±

Apr 3, 2002, 3:47:22 AM4/3/02
Kerro wrote:

> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>
> > [AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]
>
> Yes, they do. Though with reservations. (I got off to a very
> poor start there in '98 and the a.f.u regs have long memories.)
> *All* of them would admit,

"All"?

Jeez, you know better than that.

> though, that I am an excellent
> contributor - check it out yourself, in Google. (Though you've
> probably already done so....)

Is there somewhere I can vote?

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 3, 2002, 4:14:05 AM4/3/02
Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
>> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

>> Don't sell yourself sort. You have 'interesting' theories on a wide

>> spectrum of issues - from flaming by support group
>
> Most people don't even know how to spell "personal sovereignty", much less
> have any idea why having it is good. This is why Adrian and Balloo went on
> and on and on about "Nobody believes you spanked Howard but you, Stain, ha ha
> ha, we're going to get you Most Tenuous Spank Claim next a.f. awards, hee
> hee hee"... only to storm off in bitter tears when they co-won that dubious
> honor themselves. This, in turn, and other like incidents, are why I thought
> Jelliebun's admission that Balloo's posts were "shite" was so goddamn funny,
> and a perfect illustration of why running with the pack is such a stupid
> idea; such a giveaway may not mean *too* many dark undercurrents in Chateau
> Capoeman, but it shows how anyone can turn on you at any time in this forum.

Yep, that's the sucker.

(I did a critique of the Adrian & Balloo bit in the post that ended
our Howard's End thread last year, so I won't reprise it here.)

> All men betray ((tm) Randall Wallace, 1995). Some chicks are pretty bad
> about it, too.

It's friendly banter, you fool. You're taking a humorous off-the-cuff
remark way too seriously because it fits your pet theory.

>> Your musings about boring the ears off a dog and such were rather
>> silly in light of what you wrote in your previous article.
>
> In what way?

You claim "untold thousands" have my posts automatically junked. When
asked to support your claim, you state that the masses feel a certain
way about my articles. This in itself is weak argumentation: You're no
more privy to information on how those "untold thousands" feel about
my articles than you are to the contents of their killfiles.

Your vague contemplations become silly when one takes into account how
you also stated that your opinion can differ radically from that of
the general public. On one hand you say your opinion is not an
accurate indicator of how the masses feel about something, but on the
other you say it is indeed trustworthy.

You can, of course, claim that you don't have to agree with the public
to know how it feels, but the question remains: How _do_ you know how
the public feels? Perhaps some articulate lurkers have been emailing
you?

>>> Have you been netified long enough to have seen the Usenet readership
>>> reports of Brian Reid?
>>
>> No, but I think I know where this is going. Do go ahead anyway. If
>> your argument is what I think it is, it'll be amusing to see you
>> contort your previous posts to align with the new line.
>
> There are thousands and thousands of readers of this group. Those who have
> publically plonked you are probably just the tip of the iceberg.

The people who do it are not readers of this group, or even that
group, but rather concerned Usenetizens who object to off-topic
crossposts. When someone who actually reads these groups plonks me,
it's an excellent bet I've been making fun of that person previously.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 3, 2002, 5:16:50 AM4/3/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:

>> > Well, you could have *hand-waved* a bit more. Something like:
>> > "Yo, Kerro - over here!" in the header.
>>
>> You weren't the only subject of the article. Besides, when such an
>> excellent opportunity to laugh at a fellow flamer arises, others will
>> make sure the fellow flamer would have to be deaf and blind not to
>> notice anything. I figured you were just dumb.
>
> You figured wrong, you Monkey-Lover.

You're also deaf, then?

("Monkey-Lover"?)

>> > I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any other ng -
>> > I have an incredibly busy life -
>>
>> All this whining is patently silly, you know. Even you don't go around
>> putting the name of whoever happens to come up in the Subject header.
>> You happily chatter with Koput about Tanner without mentioning Tanner
>> in the subject. You cheerily chitchat with Tanner about Koput without
>> mentioning the phenomenally boring Canuck anywhere in the headers.
>> Then all three of you light-heartedly jaw to your hearts' delight
>> about FyRE, who hasn't been around here in yonks.
>
> Oh, all right. I'll let you off this time.

A proper flame-stud wouldn't never have tried to offer such
gobbledygook as argument, Kerro.

>> > so it would help to know when one is being "flamed".....
>>
>> Why the scare quotes, studly one?
>
> You know; "flamed" as in "allegedly"....

There's nothing alleged about it, you clued-out koala.

>> > I did plenty of drinking this Easter, I can tell you; but I
>> > don't use it as an excuse very often. I write some of my
>> > best stuff when I've had a few.
>>
>> You know what's really sad? I'll tell you what's really sad. Shitfaced
>> sods who think they're funny or interesting,
>
> I *am* funny or interesting.

You *think* you're "funny or interesting". (Apparently not both,
though.)

>> that's what. Their
>> material may work with other drunkards, but anyone reasonably sober
>> has to cringe as one of these drunk fuckers launches into his myopic
>> routine - always way too loud and heavily slurring.
>
> "Myopic"? What the hell do you mean "myopic"?

"Lacking in discernment". There _are_ publicly accessible dictionaries
on the world wide web you can consult. Here, try this the next time
you need help: http://www.m-w.com/

> You just threw that word in because you wanted to sound articulate.
> It doesn't fit in to the context of what you were saying. You can be
> such a pseudo-"articulate" twat sometimes.
>
> "Myopic"....shit.

A proper flame-stud wouldn't try to flame someone for correct word
usage.

>> If one is really unlucky, the sot'll turn out to be a jingoist. Laugh
>> as the red-nosed rummy tackles wops! Take delight in the
>> indecipherable inebriate's thoughts on limeys! (If one happens to
>> live in Finland, the nations of choice are Sweden and Russia.)
>
> You Finns are *so* jealous of Sweden, aren't you? The Svedes
> have always had a high-profile, sexy international reputation
> while, up until recently, most people thought Finland was some
> kind of Soviet satellite. Admit it - it has always bugged you
> people. I'm amazed you never declared war on them, just out
> of sheer resentment.

You can stop trying to put me to sleep. It won't work.

>> > (I got through some pretty-good 'Finlandia' vodka over the long
>> > weekend. Probably the only decent thing to have come out of that
>> > shitty country.)
>>
>> [eyes glaze] That's nice.
>
> I prefer 'Absolut' though. Swedish....

[looks out of the window] Hmh?

> Nonsense.

You're a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you?

>> > Well, keep in mind - Ari - that alt.folklore.urban is not a
>> > flame-group. They can't flame as well as me -
>>
>> I thought some of them were doing a better job of it than you here.

> ^^^^

> Don't be ridiculous. I wasn't *trying* to flame. I was just
> bored, is all. A bit like when I read your articles.

"Here", Kerro, is not the same thing as "there". A proper flame-stud
would have paid more attention.

>> I try to avoid flaming in more polite groups, and usually do a good
>> job of it. I also try to avoid making a complete tit of myself, which
>> is something you obviously need to work on.
>
> Yeah, well....tit.

Yeah, well....Pee Wee. A proper flame-stud would never have resorted
to such a clumsy IKYABWAI.

> There's nothing wrong with making a tit of yourself in public
> occasionally. That's what happens when you got Joie-de-Vivre.

I bet it happens even more often when you're a drunken buffoon.

> As a Scandinavian, of course, you've never
> experienced Joie-de-Vivre. Only Melancholia-de-Morose.
> Or Depressed-de-fuck-need-holiday-somewhere-sunny.

I'm not a Scandinavian, you ignorant putz.

>> Look, Kerro, refraining from flaming doesn't prevent anyone from
>> winning an argument. You got in a tiff, acted ridiculously and slinked
>> off to your corner. An ass was handed. There's a strong rumor doing
>> the rounds that a platter was involved.
>
> It wasn't a "tiff", you fuck. I don't *have* "tiffs", you fuck.

Say "you fuck" a couple of more times, and perhaps this thread will be
upgraded from a tiff to a spat.

> I was just bored and....blathering.

You were certainly blathering.

>> [AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]
>
> Yes, they do. Though with reservations. (I got off to a very
> poor start there in '98 and the a.f.u regs have long memories.)
> *All* of them would admit, though, that I am an excellent
> contributor - check it out yourself, in Google. (Though you've
> probably already done so....)

...and now, some responses to the famous "flame-stud" article:

"And lo, the sound of plonking echoed through the hills,
and there was much rejoicing." -- John Francis.

"You thought that was a flame? It is to laugh. Now go fuck
yourself." -- Meredith Robbins.

"Knock it off, Kerro." -- Phil Edwards.

"Oh, dear." -- Anthony McCafferty.

"Oh goody, a pile-up. Can I watch?" -- JG.

"From time to time I empty my killfile to see if anything has changed.
It never has, so I fill it up again." -- Ed Kaulakis, to JG.

"There is a cure for testosterone poisoning. Intelligence."
-- Lon Stowell.

"I did one (*1*) post congratulating Meredith on a snappy line,
and now I'm being lumped in as a flame-cascader." -- Rick Tyler, after
Mr. Stowell mentioned him in the same breath as our hero.

"It doesn't matter to me either way. At least, not for the next 100
days. -- Karen J. Cravens, after our hero promised to knock it off.

Feel the love.

> I wasn't trying to dazzle them.

Of course you were. There was no reason to mention your history in
alt.flame, and there certainly wasn't any reason to call yourself a
"flame-stud". You were trying to belittle Meredith Robbins' comment by
engaging in some of the most ridiculous bragging of the year. That you
failed to dazzle them is neither here or there.

> They know I'm from alt.flame but I rarely mention it, because they
> don't really want to hear about it.

Maybe it's just that they don't want to hear from you.

>> > When I first started posting there, four years ago, I got
>> > plonked by some people but I *strongly* doubt that I would
>> > be in anyone's killfile now. No way.
>>
>> Are you saying that lady who implied she wouldn't be reading your
>> articles for the next hundred days was kidding? She seemed a bit - oh,
>> I don't know - _icy_ to me. And what about that fellow who waxed
>> poetic about the sound of plonking echoing through the hills?
>
> I must have missed that one. I didn't read the whole thread.

Wow. What were the odds?

>> I went over to my favorite ASCII art website and spliced together
>> two pre-existing pictures. The best thing is it can be reused time
>> and time again!
>
> Oh, I'm not criticizing it. It's very good, really.

Here it is again:

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 3, 2002, 6:14:13 AM4/3/02
In alt.flame 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:
> Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:

>>> Don't sell yourself sort. You have 'interesting' theories on a wide
>>> spectrum of issues - from flaming by support group
>>
>> Most people don't even know how to spell "personal sovereignty", much less
>> have any idea why having it is good. This is why Adrian and Balloo went on
>> and on and on about "Nobody believes you spanked Howard but you, Stain, ha ha
>> ha, we're going to get you Most Tenuous Spank Claim next a.f. awards, hee
>> hee hee"... only to storm off in bitter tears when they co-won that dubious
>> honor themselves. This, in turn, and other like incidents, are why I thought
>> Jelliebun's admission that Balloo's posts were "shite" was so goddamn funny,
>> and a perfect illustration of why running with the pack is such a stupid
>> idea; such a giveaway may not mean *too* many dark undercurrents in Chateau
>> Capoeman, but it shows how anyone can turn on you at any time in this forum.

>> All men betray ((tm) Randall Wallace, 1995). Some chicks are pretty bad
>> about it, too.

> It's friendly banter, you fool. You're taking a humorous off-the-cuff
> remark way too seriously because it fits your pet theory.

Just keep believing that a longtime veteran of a.f. doesn't have any
connections that have leaked to him that more is going on beneath the
surface, and that he won't tell you because he prefers not to break a
confidence. Keep believing that really hard.

>>> Your musings about boring the ears off a dog and such were rather
>>> silly in light of what you wrote in your previous article.
>>
>> In what way?

> You claim "untold thousands" have my posts automatically junked. When
> asked to support your claim, you state that the masses feel a certain
> way about my articles. This in itself is weak argumentation: You're no
> more privy to information on how those "untold thousands" feel about
> my articles than you are to the contents of their killfiles.

> Your vague contemplations become silly when one takes into account how
> you also stated that your opinion can differ radically from that of
> the general public. On one hand you say your opinion is not an
> accurate indicator of how the masses feel about something, but on the
> other you say it is indeed trustworthy.

> You can, of course, claim that you don't have to agree with the public
> to know how it feels, but the question remains: How _do_ you know how
> the public feels? Perhaps some articulate lurkers have been emailing
> you?

So if someone calls you a fag here on a.f., you're going to demand a
signed affidavit from the accuser from some male somewhere you've porked?

Adrian Smith

Apr 3, 2002, 4:42:23 PM4/3/02
"Avoid normal situations." <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> wrote in message news:<a8eo65$el5$1...@og1.olagrande.net>...

> >> Most people don't even know how to spell "personal sovereignty", much less
> >> have any idea why having it is good. This is why Adrian and Balloo went on
> >> and on and on about "Nobody believes you spanked Howard but you, Stain, ha
> >> ha ha, we're going to get you Most Tenuous Spank Claim next a.f. awards,
> >> hee hee hee"... only to storm off in bitter tears when they co-won
> >> that dubious honor themselves.

Nonsense, Stain. We went off on sabbatical, vaguely disappointed that
the ten or so people who voted couldn't keep up with the arguments.
This *is* alt.flame, though. But surely I repeat myself.

Only a little while ago I told Scott that "Jack and I" had decided to
let this topic lie. It appears I spoke too soon. So...can anyone bring
me up to speed here, at the risk of being considered a member of my
"support group" by certain parties?

--
Adrian "Nobody agrees with me, so I must be right!" Smith

Yogi Mothball

Apr 3, 2002, 6:06:13 PM4/3/02
adrian_...@yahoo.com (Adrian Smith) escribió en artículo:

> "Avoid normal situations." <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> wrote in
> message news:<a8eo65$el5$1...@og1.olagrande.net>...
>
> Nonsense, Stain. We went off on sabbatical, vaguely disappointed that
> the ten or so people who voted couldn't keep up with the arguments.
> This *is* alt.flame, though. But surely I repeat myself.

I was acting as primary caregiver for my daughter. She's in daycare now,
and I've been back reading usenet for the last few months, but really
haven't seen any reason to post. Before leaving I had stated that I did
not believe Stain's claims of "spanking" Howard to have any factual basis
then presented facts supporting my argument and Stain posted... I'm not
entirely certain what it was that Stain posted, but there was a lot of
it. There was quite a bit of the de rigeur Deja diving in which
statements were taken out of context, I do remember that. In the end
Stain had the overwhelming majority of posts on the subject and my own
arguments were never countered so each of us "won" by our own rules.

> Only a little while ago I told Scott that "Jack and I" had decided to
> let this topic lie. It appears I spoke too soon. So...can anyone bring
> me up to speed here, at the risk of being considered a member of my
> "support group" by certain parties?

Stain's sense of self value resides in his post count.

--
yogi mothball

Adrian Smith

Apr 4, 2002, 2:36:00 AM4/4/02
Yogi Mothball <ool...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns91E599A4...@24.69.255.211>...

> I was acting as primary caregiver for my daughter. She's in daycare now,
> and I've been back reading usenet for the last few months, but really
> haven't seen any reason to post. Before leaving I had stated that I did
> not believe Stain's claims of "spanking" Howard to have any factual basis
> then presented facts supporting my argument and Stain posted... I'm not
> entirely certain what it was that Stain posted, but there was a lot of
> it. There was quite a bit of the de rigeur Deja diving in which
> statements were taken out of context, I do remember that. In the end
> Stain had the overwhelming majority of posts on the subject and my own
> arguments were never countered so each of us "won" by our own rules.

For me, the whole thing seemed to stem from Stain's little vignette of
the academic shark pool he was convinced Howard existed in, with the
allegedly missed Shakespeare quote as the drop of blood which induces
a feeding frenzy. He was so attached to that image that he just wasn't
hearing any of the arguments against it. I think he likes to see
himself as standing up for the underdog against groups like antU and
a.p, where accepting Darwin as one's personal saviour was and is part
of the package.

> > Only a little while ago I told Scott that "Jack and I" had decided to
> > let this topic lie. It appears I spoke too soon. So...can anyone bring
> > me up to speed here, at the risk of being considered a member of my
> > "support group" by certain parties?
>
> Stain's sense of self value resides in his post count.

Biil used to actually count the words as I recall.

Good to have you back, btw. Even if it turns out to be only
fleetingly.

--
Adrian Smith

Kerro

Apr 4, 2002, 4:04:43 AM4/4/02
03:15:38 GMT wrote:

> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:
> > 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
> >> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:

> >> You weren't the only subject of the article. Besides, when such an
> >> excellent opportunity to laugh at a fellow flamer arises, others will
> >> make sure the fellow flamer would have to be deaf and blind not to
> >> notice anything. I figured you were just dumb.
> >
> > You figured wrong, you Monkey-Lover.
>
> You're also deaf, then?
>
> ("Monkey-Lover"?)

Don't you know *anything*? 'Monkey-Lover' was a big dance-floor
hit recently. Maybe not as big as 'Karelian Tundra Groove',
but big anyway.

"Ah'm gon' to show you mah munkee
Ah'm gon' to spank mah munkee
An' you're gon' to *watch* me spank mah munkee
'Cause you a Monkey-Lover"

[...]

> >> You know what's really sad? I'll tell you what's really sad. Shitfaced
> >> sods who think they're funny or interesting,
> >
> > I *am* funny or interesting.
>
> You *think* you're "funny or interesting". (Apparently not both,
> though.)

*Sigh*.....

[...]

> > You Finns are *so* jealous of Sweden, aren't you? The Svedes
> > have always had a high-profile, sexy international reputation
> > while, up until recently, most people thought Finland was some
> > kind of Soviet satellite. Admit it - it has always bugged you
> > people. I'm amazed you never declared war on them, just out
> > of sheer resentment.
>
> You can stop trying to put me to sleep. It won't work.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT. Answer the fucking accusation, you Pansy.

Jealous.....or not? Jealous or not?

> >> [eyes glaze] That's nice.
> >
> > I prefer 'Absolut' though. Swedish....
>
> [looks out of the window] Hmh?

You heard....

> > Nonsense.
>
> You're a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you?

> >> I thought some of them were doing a better job of it than you here.
> > ^^^^
> > Don't be ridiculous. I wasn't *trying* to flame. I was just
> > bored, is all. A bit like when I read your articles.
>
> "Here", Kerro, is not the same thing as "there". A proper flame-stud
> would have paid more attention.
>
> >> I try to avoid flaming in more polite groups, and usually do a good
> >> job of it. I also try to avoid making a complete tit of myself, which
> >> is something you obviously need to work on.
> >
> > Yeah, well....tit.
>
> Yeah, well....Pee Wee. A proper flame-stud would never have resorted
> to such a clumsy IKYABWAI.

What?? What are you blathering on about? That wasn't an IKYABWAI.

> > There's nothing wrong with making a tit of yourself in public
> > occasionally. That's what happens when you got Joie-de-Vivre.
>
> I bet it happens even more often when you're a drunken buffoon.
>
> > As a Scandinavian, of course, you've never
> > experienced Joie-de-Vivre. Only Melancholia-de-Morose.
> > Or Depressed-de-fuck-need-holiday-somewhere-sunny.
>
> I'm not a Scandinavian, you ignorant putz.

Well, ANS says you're a "Finnish Flapper". Are you saying he
got it wrong? What kind of a flapper are you then?

> >> Look, Kerro, refraining from flaming doesn't prevent anyone from
> >> winning an argument. You got in a tiff, acted ridiculously and slinked
> >> off to your corner. An ass was handed. There's a strong rumor doing
> >> the rounds that a platter was involved.
> >
> > It wasn't a "tiff", you fuck. I don't *have* "tiffs", you fuck.
>
> Say "you fuck" a couple of more times, and perhaps this thread will be
> upgraded from a tiff to a spat.

Not as long as *you're* involved.....

> > I was just bored and....blathering.
>
> You were certainly blathering.
>
> >> [AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]
> >
> > Yes, they do. Though with reservations. (I got off to a very
> > poor start there in '98 and the a.f.u regs have long memories.)
> > *All* of them would admit, though, that I am an excellent
> > contributor - check it out yourself, in Google. (Though you've
> > probably already done so....)
>
> ...and now, some responses to the famous "flame-stud" article:

[various a.f.u responses]

Well, those weren't very good flames, and most of them weren't
flames at all. Saying "Knock it off, Kerro", isn't a flame.
I don't know what kind of a delicate blossom you are, but I
didn't lose much sleep over any of it.

I will say one thing: my article ("The Prolixin Shuffle") did
point up what I suggested in the first place - that most
Americans don't like to hear anything which contradicts the
"Land of the Free"/"World's Greatest Democracy" self-delusion
they live under 365 days a year. I think deep down the *suspect*
it, but they don't want it brought up to the surface. Fuckheads.

I'm almost tempted to repost the article in alt.flame but
unfortunately most of the cretins in here don't have the brains
to take much interest. Most of the people in here need to be
pumped full of Prolixin. Beauregard already is, I suspect.

(Yeah, that was a stealth flame, you fuckhead. If you can do
it, I can do it too....)

> Feel the love.

Right on!!

> > I wasn't trying to dazzle them.
>
> Of course you were. There was no reason to mention your history in
> alt.flame, and there certainly wasn't any reason to call yourself a
> "flame-stud". You were trying to belittle Meredith Robbins' comment by
> engaging in some of the most ridiculous bragging of the year. That you
> failed to dazzle them is neither here or there.
>
> > They know I'm from alt.flame but I rarely mention it, because they
> > don't really want to hear about it.
>
> Maybe it's just that they don't want to hear from you.

Well, I'm the only alt.flamer who hangs out there.

> >> Are you saying that lady who implied she wouldn't be reading your
> >> articles for the next hundred days was kidding? She seemed a bit - oh,
> >> I don't know - _icy_ to me. And what about that fellow who waxed
> >> poetic about the sound of plonking echoing through the hills?
> >
> > I must have missed that one. I didn't read the whole thread.
>
> Wow. What were the odds?
>
> >> I went over to my favorite ASCII art website and spliced together
> >> two pre-existing pictures. The best thing is it can be reused time
> >> and time again!
> >
> > Oh, I'm not criticizing it. It's very good, really.
>
> Here it is again:

Good work.

Kerro

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 4, 2002, 5:10:08 AM4/4/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:

>> > You figured wrong, you Monkey-Lover.
>>
>> You're also deaf, then?

<Kerro> Answer the fucking accusation. </Kerro>

>> ("Monkey-Lover"?)
>
> Don't you know *anything*? 'Monkey-Lover' was a big dance-floor
> hit recently. Maybe not as big as 'Karelian Tundra Groove',
> but big anyway.
>
> "Ah'm gon' to show you mah munkee
> Ah'm gon' to spank mah munkee
> An' you're gon' to *watch* me spank mah munkee
> 'Cause you a Monkey-Lover"

The mind boggles.

> [...]

(Kerro splattering to the ground after whining about "covert
assassination" of his character was here.)

> [...]

(Kerro splattering to the ground after taking issue with my use of the
word "myopic" was here.)

>> > You Finns are *so* jealous of Sweden, aren't you? The Svedes
>> > have always had a high-profile, sexy international reputation
>> > while, up until recently, most people thought Finland was some
>> > kind of Soviet satellite. Admit it - it has always bugged you
>> > people. I'm amazed you never declared war on them, just out
>> > of sheer resentment.
>>
>> You can stop trying to put me to sleep. It won't work.
>
> BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.

"ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" is more like it.

> Answer the fucking accusation, you Pansy.

Leap off a cliff, you gormless recycler of ancient nationality flames.

> Jealous.....or not? Jealous or not?

Go jump in a lake, you dull-witted cliche-loving fuck-up.

(...and I mean that in the _nicest_ way possible.)

>> [looks out of the window] Hmh?
>
> You heard....

...but didn't bother to listen.

>> You're a bit slow on the uptake, aren't you?

<Kerro> Answer the fucking accusation. </Kerro>

>> > ^^^^
>> > Don't be ridiculous. I wasn't *trying* to flame. I was just
>> > bored, is all. A bit like when I read your articles.
>>
>> "Here", Kerro, is not the same thing as "there". A proper flame-stud
>> would have paid more attention.

A proper flame-stud wouldn't try to waltz away from his gaffe, either.

>> > Yeah, well....tit.
>>
>> Yeah, well....Pee Wee. A proper flame-stud would never have resorted
>> to such a clumsy IKYABWAI.
>
> What?? What are you blathering on about? That wasn't an IKYABWAI.

I called you a tit. You called me a tit right back. Do the math,
dunce.

>> > As a Scandinavian, of course, you've never
>> > experienced Joie-de-Vivre. Only Melancholia-de-Morose.
>> > Or Depressed-de-fuck-need-holiday-somewhere-sunny.
>>
>> I'm not a Scandinavian, you ignorant putz.
>
> Well, ANS says you're a "Finnish Flapper". Are you saying he
> got it wrong? What kind of a flapper are you then?

Maxfield got it wrong, but for different reasons than you. I'm not any
kind of a flapper.

I doubt you'll figure this out on your own so I'll explain, because
that's the kind of a swell guy I am. Pay attention and you might
become a bit less ignorant, you putz. Finland isn't a part of
Scandinavia. Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

>> > It wasn't a "tiff", you fuck. I don't *have* "tiffs", you fuck.
>>
>> Say "you fuck" a couple of more times, and perhaps this thread will be
>> upgraded from a tiff to a spat.
>
> Not as long as *you're* involved.....

We'll just have to proceed with the tiff, then.

[AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]
>> > Yes, they do. Though with reservations. (I got off to a very
>> > poor start there in '98 and the a.f.u regs have long memories.)
>> > *All* of them would admit, though, that I am an excellent
>> > contributor - check it out yourself, in Google. (Though you've
>> > probably already done so....)
>>
>> ...and now, some responses to the famous "flame-stud" article:
>
> [various a.f.u responses]
>
> Well, those weren't very good flames, and most of them weren't
> flames at all. Saying "Knock it off, Kerro", isn't a flame.
> I don't know what kind of a delicate blossom you are, but I
> didn't lose much sleep over any of it.

Drop the strawman to the ground and back away slowly. _Now_, punk.

Who on earth claimed those quotes were all flames, never mind very
good ones? Did someone in some way imply you lost sleep over them? You
said all of the AFU regulars would admit that you're an excellent
contributor, and that they love you. Those quotes showed your claim to
be false - nothing more, nothing less.

>> > They know I'm from alt.flame but I rarely mention it, because they
>> > don't really want to hear about it.
>>
>> Maybe it's just that they don't want to hear from you.
>
> Well, I'm the only alt.flamer who hangs out there.

Non sequitur.

>> > I must have missed that one. I didn't read the whole thread.
>>
>> Wow. What were the odds?

Pretty low, apparently.

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 4, 2002, 5:25:57 AM4/4/02
Avoid normal situations. <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> did this:
> 03:15:38 GMT <as...@mail.gr> wrote:

> Just keep believing that a longtime veteran of a.f. doesn't have any
> connections that have leaked to him that more is going on beneath the
> surface, and that he won't tell you because he prefers not to break a
> confidence.

That's just sweet. It'd be even sweeter if he didn't broadly hint at
his insider knowledge for the sake of some pointless Usenet argument.

> Keep believing that really hard.

It won't be hard.

>> You can, of course, claim that you don't have to agree with the public
>> to know how it feels, but the question remains: How _do_ you know how
>> the public feels? Perhaps some articulate lurkers have been emailing
>> you?
>
> So if someone calls you a fag here on a.f., you're going to demand a
> signed affidavit from the accuser from some male somewhere you've
> porked?

The fact that the accuser actually has no clue what he's talking about
might come up somewhere in the conversation, but this is closer to
what I'd do (you can stop reading once the discussion moves on to
hockey):

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=a6ct6d$7lu$2...@paradoxa.ogoense.net

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 4, 2002, 5:44:26 AM4/4/02
Adrian Smith <adrian_...@yahoo.com> did this:

> Only a little while ago I told Scott that "Jack and I" had decided to
> let this topic lie. It appears I spoke too soon. So...can anyone bring
> me up to speed here, at the risk of being considered a member of my
> "support group" by certain parties?

We did a sequel to the original production last November. Jack
reprised his role as The Sage, while I played Nonbeliever #1 and
Cris D. Ventana was cast as Nonbeliever #2. (I felt he gave a more
entertaining performance than you in the same part, though he didn't
receive as much screen time.)

Unfortunately the second version failed to create the same enthusiasm
as the first one, and was consequently released straight to Google.
You can probably find it in your local groups.google.com. Ask for
_Fuckheads, Inc. "We Flame Because We're Lame"_, _Howard's End
Re-re-re-revisited._, and perhaps also _Virgins await jerry in nitwit
heaven_ (only recommended for true fans of the genre).

--
Ari <fun...@all.at>

Adrian Smith

Apr 4, 2002, 5:25:11 PM4/4/02
as...@mail.gr (03:15:38 GMT) wrote in message news:<slrnaaobk...@ID-12638.user.dfncis.de>...

> We did a sequel to the original production last November. Jack
> reprised his role as The Sage, while I played Nonbeliever #1 and
> Cris D. Ventana was cast as Nonbeliever #2. (I felt he gave a more
> entertaining performance than you in the same part, though he didn't
> receive as much screen time.)

Good Lord, so he did. Ooo, he was right about my thread with the boy
Eric. I hoped no one would have the stamina to read that. Not one of
my better ones.

Good writer. Why do I never hear about it when they crop up in a.f? I
know, because I never read a.f. I'll have to get my "support group" to
email me.

*And* Stain's claiming to have spanked me and balloo...

> Unfortunately the second version failed to create the same enthusiasm
> as the first one, and was consequently released straight to Google.
> You can probably find it in your local groups.google.com. Ask for
> _Fuckheads, Inc. "We Flame Because We're Lame"_, _Howard's End
> Re-re-re-revisited._, and perhaps also _Virgins await jerry in nitwit
> heaven_ (only recommended for true fans of the genre).

Y'know, I mentioned the 'inevitable collapse' of Stain's delusion back
then, but I'm starting to wonder if he hasn't hardwired the belief
into his psyche so thoroughly that nothing'll shift it short of ECT.
It'll just sort of remain there, as a monument to something or other.
And people will come and look at it, and shake their heads. A spank
claim for the ages. Poignant.

--
Adrian Smith

K M Tanner

Apr 4, 2002, 8:45:45 PM4/4/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message news:<3CAABD29...@NOSPAM.mira.net>...

> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:

> You Finns are *so* jealous of Sweden, aren't you?

Only when the issue is the pop music scene. Unfortunately we didn't invent
gems like ABBA, Europe and the Herreys.

> The Svedes have always had a high-profile, sexy international reputation

You're wrong. Your "bitch fight" videotape collection comes from Denmark.

Kerro

Apr 5, 2002, 3:38:17 AM4/5/02
03:15:38 GMT wrote:

> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:

[...]

> >> You can stop trying to put me to sleep. It won't work.
> >
> > BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.
>
> "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" is more like it.
>
> > Answer the fucking accusation, you Pansy.
>
> Leap off a cliff, you gormless recycler of ancient nationality flames.

This from a man who writes Koala jokes....

> > Jealous.....or not? Jealous or not?
>
> Go jump in a lake, you dull-witted cliche-loving fuck-up.

Did you say "go jump in a lake"? Doooood.....

> (...and I mean that in the _nicest_ way possible.)

Girly-boy.

[...]

> >> Yeah, well....Pee Wee. A proper flame-stud would never have resorted
> >> to such a clumsy IKYABWAI.
> >
> > What?? What are you blathering on about? That wasn't an IKYABWAI.
>
> I called you a tit. You called me a tit right back. Do the math,
> dunce.

I didn't call you a tit. I said "yeah, well....tit". Learn to
read before you make baseless accusations.

> >> I'm not a Scandinavian, you ignorant putz.
> >
> > Well, ANS says you're a "Finnish Flapper". Are you saying he
> > got it wrong? What kind of a flapper are you then?
>
> Maxfield got it wrong, but for different reasons than you. I'm not any
> kind of a flapper.
>
> I doubt you'll figure this out on your own so I'll explain, because
> that's the kind of a swell guy I am. Pay attention and you might
> become a bit less ignorant, you putz. Finland isn't a part of
> Scandinavia. Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

Cut out the nit-picking bullshit. Finland is part of Scandinavia.
Whether it "technically" is, doesn't matter.

If it looks like a Scandinavian, tjalks like a Scandinavian
and gets depressed like a Scandinavian; it's a Scandinavian.

All right? You Scandinavian Scumbag.

> >> Say "you fuck" a couple of more times, and perhaps this thread will be
> >> upgraded from a tiff to a spat.
> >
> > Not as long as *you're* involved.....
>
> We'll just have to proceed with the tiff, then.

I think it's for the best.

> [AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]
> >>
> >> ...and now, some responses to the famous "flame-stud" article:
> >
> > [various a.f.u responses]
> >
> > Well, those weren't very good flames, and most of them weren't
> > flames at all. Saying "Knock it off, Kerro", isn't a flame.
> > I don't know what kind of a delicate blossom you are, but I
> > didn't lose much sleep over any of it.
>
> Drop the strawman to the ground and back away slowly. _Now_, punk.
>
> Who on earth claimed those quotes were all flames, never mind very
> good ones? Did someone in some way imply you lost sleep over them?

You more or less said all those things.

You
> said all of the AFU regulars would admit that you're an excellent
> contributor, and that they love you. Those quotes showed your claim to
> be false - nothing more, nothing less.

What??? I didn't say they love me, you Finnish Fuckhead. I said
they distrust me. Most of them don't seem to even like me, but it
doesn't matter. I soldier on anyway. I said they (grudgingly) admit
I write superb, even superlative, articles. Just like in alt.flame.

> >> Maybe it's just that they don't want to hear from you.
> >
> > Well, I'm the only alt.flamer who hangs out there.
>
> Non sequitur.

Another big word from Ari. Two words this time...

--
Check out the new album by 'Collision Theory' at
http://www.chaosmusic.com.au/shop/detail.asp?productID=735321#tracks

Or visit the band's website at http://www.asteroidmusic.com

Kerro

Kerro

Apr 5, 2002, 3:45:03 AM4/5/02
bubbles wrote:

> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message news:<3CA8287E...@NOSPAM.mira.net>...
> > 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
> > >
> > ...I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any
> > other ng - I have an incredibly busy life...
>
> ...passed out in a pool of my own sick.

Well, who among us can honestly say they've never passed out
in a pool of their own sick. I know *I* have! And I'm sure
you have too. Like that time the Blue Jays won the pennant...

> > I did plenty of drinking this Easter, I can tell you;
>
> Why am I not surprised?
>
> > (I got through some pretty-
> > good 'Finlandia' vodka over the long weekend. Probably the
> > only decent thing to have come out of that shitty country.)
>
> I'm sensing some festering Finnophilia in your last few posts, digger.
> Time for more EST at Melbourne Mental.

It's just that there are *two* Finns now. Ari Arsekainen and
Kristian Screwhead.

And then there are people like Paal.

We need a division of labour here. You keep an eye on the Norwegians. I've got the Finns
covered.

Kerro

meowmix

Apr 5, 2002, 10:36:43 AM4/5/02
On Fri, 05 Apr 2002 18:45:03 +1000, Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote:

meow>bubbles wrote:
meow>>
meow>> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message news:<3CA8287E...@NOSPAM.mira.net>...
meow>> > 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
meow>> > >
meow>> > ...I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any
meow>> > other ng - I have an incredibly busy life...
meow>>
meow>> ...passed out in a pool of my own sick.
meow>
meow>Well, who among us can honestly say they've never passed out
meow>in a pool of their own sick. I know *I* have! And I'm sure
meow>you have too. Like that time the Blue Jays won the pennant...
meow>
meow>>
meow>> > I did plenty of drinking this Easter, I can tell you;
meow>>
meow>> Why am I not surprised?
meow>>
meow>> > (I got through some pretty-
meow>> > good 'Finlandia' vodka over the long weekend. Probably the
meow>> > only decent thing to have come out of that shitty country.)
meow>>
meow>> I'm sensing some festering Finnophilia in your last few posts, digger.
meow>> Time for more EST at Melbourne Mental.
meow>
meow>It's just that there are *two* Finns now. Ari Arsekainen and
meow>Kristian Screwhead.
meow>
meow>And then there are people like Paal.
meow>
meow>We need a division of labour here. You keep an eye on the Norwegians. I've got the Finns
meow>covered.

In bubblewrap or clingfilm?

meow>
meow>Kerro

--
rocky

mhm x v i x i i i

rizla

woof

bubbles

Apr 5, 2002, 11:05:20 AM4/5/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message news:<3CAD640F...@NOSPAM.mira.net>...

> bubbles wrote:
> >
> > > ...I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any
> > > other ng - I have an incredibly busy life...
> >
> > ...passed out in a pool of my own sick.
>
> Well, who among us can honestly say they've never passed out
> in a pool of their own sick. I know *I* have! And I'm sure
> you have too. Like that time the Blue Jays won the pennant...

Actually, no. I'd just quit drinking when they last won the
World Series. (A magnum of saki and a video-tape of Ken Russell's
"Lair of the White Worm" swore me off drink forever.)

> > I'm sensing some festering Finnophilia in your last few posts, digger.
> > Time for more EST at Melbourne Mental.
>

> It's just that there are *two* Finns now. Ari Arsekainen...

Really? Arsekisser's a Finn?

> And then there are people like Paal.

There are no others like Paaaaaaaaal. They broke the mold
and tossed the shards into Tromsoe's sewage facility.

> We need a division of labour here. You keep an eye on the Norwegians.

No need to. Norweenies are merely target drones.

> I've got the Finns covered.

No you don't. They are kicking your ass.

> Kerro

(rummie)

--bubbles

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 5, 2002, 8:26:04 PM4/5/02
In alt.flame Yogi Mothball <ool...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> adrian_...@yahoo.com (Adrian Smith) escribió en artículo:
>> "Avoid normal situations." <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> wrote in
>> message news:<a8eo65$el5$1...@og1.olagrande.net>...
>>
>> Nonsense, Stain. We went off on sabbatical, vaguely disappointed that
>> the ten or so people who voted couldn't keep up with the arguments.

"I'm pretty sure we've both said this before, but to reiterate - it's
not about Howard, it's about your claim. It is constructed upon
foundations of purest fantasy, and although I worry *slightly* about
the psychological consequences of its (inevitable) collapse, I think it
all too probable that unless we get bored or have an attack of
conscience balloo and I will, in Howard's terms, continue to use you
like a five-dollar whore, occasionally exchanging ends for the sake of
variety and inviting passers-by to avail themselves of whatever orifice
we don't happen to be employing at the time."
-- Adrian, to me, shortly before he and Balloo
disappeared, <90gt6l$gg2$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>

Perhaps, Mr. Smith, you are unduly influenced by the traditional British
indifference towards the working classes, and the rank and file of alt.flame
are not as gullible as you still think.

> I was acting as primary caregiver for my daughter.

Perhaps Raoul knows otherwise, and would care to enlighten us.

> She's in daycare now,
> and I've been back reading usenet for the last few months, but really
> haven't seen any reason to post. Before leaving I had stated that I did
> not believe Stain's claims of "spanking" Howard to have any factual basis
> then presented facts supporting my argument and Stain posted... I'm not
> entirely certain what it was that Stain posted, but there was a lot of
> it.

How Reaganesque.

> There was quite a bit of the de rigeur Deja diving in which
> statements were taken out of context, I do remember that. In the end
> Stain had the overwhelming majority of posts on the subject and my own
> arguments were never countered so each of us "won" by our own rules.

What arguments? You mean the endless "H. L. Mencken is an anti-semite, and
you didn't know it, and I'm not going to cite because I'm so superior, nyaah
nyaah nyaah" smokescreen? Or how about your persistent attempts to flee the
thread, iced (as in cake) by having to hide behind Lorrill Buyens to make your
final answer to the summer '00 episode of the thread?

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 5, 2002, 8:30:12 PM4/5/02
In alt.flame Adrian Smith <adrian_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yogi Mothball <ool...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns91E599A4...@24.69.255.211>...

[..]

> For me, the whole thing seemed to stem from Stain's little vignette of
> the academic shark pool he was convinced Howard existed in, with the
> allegedly missed Shakespeare quote as the drop of blood which induces
> a feeding frenzy. He was so attached to that image that he just wasn't
> hearing any of the arguments against it.

What arguments did I "not hear", Adrian?

--
alt.flame "are you sure you want to try something like this when anyone can
get on Google and see what really happened?" Special Forces

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 5, 2002, 9:01:02 PM4/5/02
In alt.flame Kerro <ke...@nospam.mira.net> wrote:
> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:

[ Kerro's tapdance, largely deleted ]

>> > Well, ANS says you're a "Finnish Flapper". Are you saying he
>> > got it wrong? What kind of a flapper are you then?
>>
>> Maxfield got it wrong, but for different reasons than you. I'm not any
>> kind of a flapper.
>>
>> I doubt you'll figure this out on your own so I'll explain, because
>> that's the kind of a swell guy I am. Pay attention and you might
>> become a bit less ignorant, you putz. Finland isn't a part of
>> Scandinavia. Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.

> Cut out the nit-picking bullshit. Finland is part of Scandinavia.
> Whether it "technically" is, doesn't matter.

> If it looks like a Scandinavian, tjalks like a Scandinavian
> and gets depressed like a Scandinavian; it's a Scandinavian.

> All right? You Scandinavian Scumbag.

Translation: "I don't care what words mean! And you can't make me!"

That does it. Thread's over. Point to the pasty-faced kid from the colder
clime. *plonk*

--
alt.flame Special Forces

Avoid normal situations.

Apr 5, 2002, 9:04:41 PM4/5/02
In alt.flame Kerro <ke...@nospam.mira.net> wrote:
> bubbles wrote:

[..]

>> > ...I don't have time to read all the articles in a.f, or any
>> > other ng - I have an incredibly busy life...
>>
>> ...passed out in a pool of my own sick.

> Well, who among us can honestly say they've never passed out
> in a pool of their own sick.

*raises hand*

> I know *I* have! And I'm sure
> you have too.

Difference being that Brownell picks his drug of choice even less wisely
than you do.

Kerro

Apr 5, 2002, 9:33:08 PM4/5/02
Avoid normal situations. wrote:

> In alt.flame Kerro <ke...@nospam.mira.net> wrote:
> > 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>
> [ Kerro's tapdance, largely deleted ]

> >> Maxfield got it wrong, but for different reasons than you. I'm not any
> >> kind of a flapper.
> >>
> >> I doubt you'll figure this out on your own so I'll explain, because
> >> that's the kind of a swell guy I am. Pay attention and you might
> >> become a bit less ignorant, you putz. Finland isn't a part of
> >> Scandinavia. Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
>
> > Cut out the nit-picking bullshit. Finland is part of Scandinavia.
> > Whether it "technically" is, doesn't matter.
>
> > If it looks like a Scandinavian, tjalks like a Scandinavian
> > and gets depressed like a Scandinavian; it's a Scandinavian.
>
> > All right? You Scandinavian Scumbag.
>
> Translation: "I don't care what words mean! And you can't make me!"
>
> That does it. Thread's over. Point to the pasty-faced kid from the colder
> clime. *plonk*

Heh heh.....

Kerro

Kerro

Apr 5, 2002, 9:38:05 PM4/5/02
bubbles wrote:

> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> wrote in message news:<3CAD640F...@NOSPAM.mira.net>...

> > > ...passed out in a pool of my own sick.
> >
> > Well, who among us can honestly say they've never passed out
> > in a pool of their own sick. I know *I* have! And I'm sure
> > you have too. Like that time the Blue Jays won the pennant...
>
> Actually, no. I'd just quit drinking when they last won the
> World Series. (A magnum of saki and a video-tape of Ken Russell's
> "Lair of the White Worm" swore me off drink forever.)

It wasn't such a bad little film. One of Ken Russel's more subtle
works...

> > > I'm sensing some festering Finnophilia in your last few posts, digger.
> > > Time for more EST at Melbourne Mental.
> >
> > It's just that there are *two* Finns now. Ari Arsekainen...
>
> Really? Arsekisser's a Finn?

Says he is....

> > And then there are people like Paal.
>
> There are no others like Paaaaaaaaal. They broke the mold
> and tossed the shards into Tromsoe's sewage facility.

Tromso. Phew. Wonder what it would be like to live there.

> > We need a division of labour here. You keep an eye on the Norwegians.
>
> No need to. Norweenies are merely target drones.
>
> > I've got the Finns covered.
>
> No you don't. They are kicking your ass.

Rubbish. I have everything under control. They are the
Rainer Wolfcastles of alt flame:

"I am goingk to flame you until you start cryingk und run
avay. Then I vill yell 'SPANK!'"

> > Kerro
>
> (rummie)
>
> --bubbles

Monarchist.

Kerro

03:15:38 GMT

Apr 6, 2002, 3:13:15 AM4/6/02
Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:

> 03:15:38 GMT wrote:
>> Kerro <ke...@NOSPAM.mira.net> did this:
>
> [...]

(Various topics embarrassing to Kerro were here.)

>> > BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT.
>>
>> "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" is more like it.
>>
>> > Answer the fucking accusation, you Pansy.
>>
>> Leap off a cliff, you gormless recycler of ancient nationality flames.
>
> This from a man who writes Koala jokes....

I've called you a koala a couple of times, you tragic joke you, but
that's hardly in the same category as your penchant for turning most
every thread you're in into a "my country is better than your country"
pissing contest. It's very tiresome, and I'm not going to help you to
get your fix.

>> > Jealous.....or not? Jealous or not?
>>
>> Go jump in a lake, you dull-witted cliche-loving fuck-up.
>
> Did you say "go jump in a lake"? Doooood.....

Once you've gotten up from the lake, and dried yourself up, consider
stopping this insufferable hamming. That you're a buffoon is apparent
enough even without it.

>> (...and I mean that in the _nicest_ way possible.)
>
> Girly-boy.

Your sarcasm detector is on the fritz. I suggest you devote all your
time to fixing it, and don't come back to Usenet until you're sure
it's in proper working order. A boy can get hurt wondering the streets
around here without one of those things.

Of course you did. You said, "Yeah, well....tit." I have proof:

> I said "yeah, well....tit".

See?

> Learn to read before you make baseless accusations.

Admit it, and it might go away.

>> > Well, ANS says you're a "Finnish Flapper". Are you saying he
>> > got it wrong? What kind of a flapper are you then?
>>
>> Maxfield got it wrong, but for different reasons than you. I'm not any
>> kind of a flapper.
>>
>> I doubt you'll figure this out on your own so I'll explain, because
>> that's the kind of a swell guy I am. Pay attention and you might
>> become a bit less ignorant, you putz. Finland isn't a part of
>> Scandinavia. Scandinavia consists of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
>
> Cut out the nit-picking bullshit. Finland is part of Scandinavia.

Words have meanings, you unrepentant ignoramus. Enlightening eejits
such as yourself of those meanings is not nit-picking. Finland is no
more a part of Scandinavia than Australia is a part of Asia.

> Whether it "technically" is, doesn't matter.

Oh, so it's a technicality, is it? Kerro, now that you've used the
last refuge of the scoundrel who knows he's wrong - and so early in the
game, too - what will you do for an encore? If you put your fingers in
your ears and start singing, "La la la, I can't hear you," I _will_
point and laugh.

> If it looks like a Scandinavian, tjalks like a Scandinavian

English has more in common with the Scandinavian languages - that's
Swedish, Norwegian and Danish - than Finnish has, you uninformed
udder.

> and gets depressed like a Scandinavian; it's a Scandinavian.

Episodes like these make me wonder what the hell is wrong with you
self-proclaimed flame-studs (always brings a smile to my face, that
phrase). I can understand getting something like this wrong once in a
while. I can even fathom how someone could make errors like this over
and over again. What I can't figure out is why you chest-buffing
dimbulbs keep insisting you're right, even after it has been made
abundantly clear you're not.

If you had any idea what the fuck you're talking about, you might have
tried to argue that since the most northwestern part of Finland
belongs to the Scandinavian peninsula, the whole country should be
counted as a part of Scandinavia. You could have brought up the fact
that counting Finland as a part of Scandinavia is a common error, even
to the point that some dictionaries make a mention of it after listing
the three correct countries.

Instead you chose to go with this ridiculous flailing. I guess
I should've known better than to expect a decent debate out of you.

> All right? You Scandinavian Scumbag.

Drunken out of your small mind and willfully ignorant is no way to go
through life, Kerro.

>> > [various a.f.u responses]
>> >
>> > Well, those weren't very good flames, and most of them weren't
>> > flames at all. Saying "Knock it off, Kerro", isn't a flame.
>> > I don't know what kind of a delicate blossom you are, but I
>> > didn't lose much sleep over any of it.
>>
>> Drop the strawman to the ground and back away slowly. _Now_, punk.
>>
>> Who on earth claimed those quotes were all flames, never mind very
>> good ones? Did someone in some way imply you lost sleep over them?
>
> You more or less said all those things.

No, I didn't. The closest I got to saying even one of those things was
when I said that some of them seemed to do a better job of flaming
than you here, which is a completely different thing altogether. I
wasn't talking about only the quotes, either.

(Besides, considering the parade of errors you're putting on here,
it's not particularly high praise.)

Yes, you did. Here's what you wrote a couple of response cycles ago:

|> [AFU loves Kerro - or do they?]
|
| Yes, they do.

Are you physically incapable of getting _anything_ right? Is it
against your religion to be correct about even a single bone of
contention? Are you contractually obligated to be wrong about every
controversial detail that comes along? Are you just really, really
drunk?

Whatever it is that's driving you into this sad, sad display of
fucked-in-the-headitude, I hope you know you can tell all about it to
Unca Ari. I promise to seriously consider any mitigating circumstances
you might want to present.

> I said they distrust me. Most of them don't seem to even like me, but
> it doesn't matter. I soldier on anyway. I said they (grudgingly) admit
> I write superb, even superlative, articles.

I've presented quotes of people laughing at your posturing and even
killfiling you. Can you produce quotes of them admitting you write
superb articles?

> Just like in alt.flame.

Is there a single person in alt.flame who is prepared to state -
eagerly, grudgingly or after being threatened with gruesome torture -
that you write superb articles?

I mean, you could probably find someone to vouch that you write
mediocre articles. I'm personally prepared to say that you write
second-rate, run-of-the-mill articles that often are livened up by the
most moronic gaffes imaginable. But that there's actually someone out
there who is familiar with your oeuvre and so utterly lacking in taste
that he is still prepared to publicly say that your posts are
superb, never mind superlative? No, it doesn't sound likely.

>> > Well, I'm the only alt.flamer who hangs out there.
>>
>> Non sequitur.
>
> Another big word from Ari. Two words this time...

If you're going to rag on me for sesquipedality, you should pick
better examples to highlight. "Non sequitur" has practically become a
part of flame lingo. People don't use it to show off their vocabulary.
They use it to point out non sequiturs, like your inexplicable
sentence for example.

(Try complaining about my use of "fucked-in-the-headitude" if you
simply have to take issue with some word or another in every followup.
That's why I put it there.)

Adrian Smith

Apr 6, 2002, 4:42:21 AM4/6/02
"Avoid normal situations." <by...@NOSPAM.olagrande.net> wrote in message news:<a8lj34$ine$2...@og1.olagrande.net>...

> In alt.flame Adrian Smith <adrian_...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Yogi Mothball <ool...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Xns91E599A4...@24.69.255.211>...
>
> [..]
>
> > For me, the whole thing seemed to stem from Stain's little vignette of
> > the academic shark pool he was convinced Howard existed in, with the
> > allegedly missed Shakespeare quote as the drop of blood which induces
> > a feeding frenzy. He was so attached to that image that he just wasn't
> > hearing any of the arguments against it.
>
> What arguments did I "not hear", Adrian?

Everything outlining the near-unfathomable implausibility of your
scenario. Including my offer to go and try to find a member or two of
that shark pool, though as Ari pointed out, turning up in virtual
academia as an emissary from the Usenet flame groups would have
resulted in a few credibility problems.

Ari covered this pretty well, in fact, though with just as little
effect on your conviction as anyone. If TT's now-archived behaviour up
and down Usenet over a period of several years, which included losing
arguments quite badly, wasn't enough to get him ostracised by his
community of fellow-academics, the fact that he identified a
Shakespeare quotation as a cliche (which for most people (not you, I
appreciate) would mean 'a phrase so well-used that identifying the
source would be superfluous, since everyone with any education is
familiar with it') without actually giving chapter and verse was just
not going to be the Straw that Broke the Camel's Back, reputationally
speaking.

But what's the point, eh? We've done this before. Perhaps we and our
successors are doomed to do it every year until the Sun swallows the
Earth. Sort of like Groundhog Day.

Personal Sovereignty : the belief that the more people tell you you're
full of shit, the more right you must be.

--
Adrian "Ours is a high and lonely destiny" Smith

It is loading more messages.