[OT] - PERSONAL - Offline Notice

1 view

Ilias Lazaridis

Dec 21, 2006, 4:30:49 PM12/21/06
to Trac Development
Due to personal problems (relation, financial etc.), I will be most
possibly for a longer time not active within the trac project -
possibly I'll drop all the trac / python efforts totally (that's live -
one developer goes on honeymoon, the other...)

I've already placed the results of several projects under
CreativeCommons and BSD licenses, in order to enable others to build on
the results - for the case that I'll not resume the work one day.

I'll try to complete the results as much as possible (mostly from
internet-cafe's, thus no programming related tasks).

Thank's for your patience, and hopefully as the time passes, some of
those things will be seen as worthfull:

most importantly:

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4446
http://dev.lazaridis.com/base/wiki/TracxVsTrac
http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/TracAudit
http://trac.edgewall.org/query?group=resolution&reporter=ilias%40lazaridis.com&order=priority&desc=1

-

finally, I apologize for upsetting several people.

Thanks a lot.

.

--
http://case.lazaridis.com/

Matt Good

Dec 21, 2006, 6:35:04 PM12/21/06
to Trac Development

Despite our disagreements I'm sorry to hear that you're having personal
and financial problems. If you should return to working on Trac in the
future I'd encourage you to start from a fresh perspecitve. Some of
your good ideas such as documenting the ticket triage process were met
with resistence due to heavy-handed language and attempts to completely
overhaul current practices. I think that the community will be more
receptive to your ideas if you show more willingness to collaborate
rather than expecting everything to change immediately.

Good luck with whatever the future has in store for you.

-- Matt Good

Ilias Lazaridis

Dec 22, 2006, 11:19:22 AM12/22/06
to Trac Development

I will not come back to trac, because the low-evolution-speed of this
project.

"
Egoism

(draft)

Social skills can be used to take 'care' of the Egoism of system
participants. Carefully worded criticism, say some good words etc.

Of cours this costs energy, which could be used to do development
related tasks.
Reverse View

If a system is populated by participants which are driven by egoism
instead of rationality, then this system will most possibly not be
transformable to an high-evolutive one.

Criticising in an open and direct way will help to identify the
weaknesses and especially limits of the participants, enabling to drop
the system immediately without loosing much time.
"
http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Egoism

> Good luck with whatever the future has in store for you.

Thank's a lot.

.

Ilias Lazaridis

Dec 25, 2006, 4:16:24 PM12/25/06