PROJECT - Some Suggestions and Offline Notice

1 view

Ilias Lazaridis

Dec 22, 2006, 11:54:17 AM12/22/06
to TurboGears
So, with a little of my last energy I like to suggest the community and
the team a few things.

* ensure a simple schema-evolution-support
* Update the projects trac instance to 0.11dev (Genshi based)
* Use the trac-wiki for development plans (interlinking issues, svn
etc.)
* Use embedded queries within the wiki pages
* similar to: http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/TracAudit
* ensure good interoperability with Genshi
* make "identity" work with trac
* deepen usage of trac more and more.
* become the framework for trac

Trac development becomes more and more complex. It implements more and
more constructs of a typical webframework.

Both projects could cooperate in order to make trac better and to
provide a 'killer application' for turbogears:

PROJECT - Decoupling Core (Framework) from Trac (Application)
http://groups.google.com/group/trac-dev/browse_frm/thread/94c62b02b2c4b33

-

It is easier to realize own weaknesses and faults when seeing them made
by others.

Thus, team and community should take a look a the trac audit. Possibly
they can get some ideas for the project organization etc.:

http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/TracAudit

-

Offline notice:

I'll be for some time inactive, see: