Re: Biochemistry of the obesity epidemic; interview with pediatric endocrinologist

1 view

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 21, 2007, 6:55:39 AM7/21/07
convicted neighbor Susan wrote:

> http://www.abc.net.au/rn/healthreport/stor...007/1969924.htm
>
> The obesity epidemic
> Listen Now - 09072007 |Download Audio - 09072007
>
> A researcher in the United States claims that the reason for the obesity
> epidemic is more than just the calories we eat and the lack of exercise.
> It's a substance that food manufacturers are widely using.
>
> Show Transcript |
> Hide Transcript
>

> Transcript
> This transcript was typed from a recording of the program. The ABC
> cannot guarantee its complete accuracy because of the possibility of
> mishearing and occasional difficulty in identifying speakers.
>
> Norman Swan: Good morning and welcome to the program. Today on the
> Health Report a theory with scientific evidence behind it as to why the
> obesity epidemic is perhaps worse than it should be. The food industry,
> especially in the United States, hates the message you're about to hear
> and while certain manufacturing practices mentioned don't happen in
> Australia, as you'll hear, some in fact do.
>
> The question is whether there's stuff in our food which makes us even
> fatter than our calorie excess would suggest. It's about how a
> carbohydrate may be behaving like a dietary fat. One of the key people
> pushing this idea is Dr Robert Lustig who's Professor of Pediatric
> Endocrinology at the University of California, San Francisco.
>
> Robert Lustig: I'm very interested in what's happened over the last 30
> years that has fomented this obesity epidemic. And of course everyone
> says well, that's because you're eating too much, and you're exercising
> too little and of course that's true. But the question is what about our
> physiology allows this to happen, we have some built-in negative
> feedback mechanisms that are supposed to stop us from gaining too much
> weight but clearly they are not working. The question I've been
> interested in now for the last ten years is what is actually blocking
> that signal to the brain to tell our bodies to eat less and exercise
> more? Clearly something is getting in its way.
>
> Over the course of those ten years I've done numerous experiments in
> people and have come up with the notion that this is actually one of the
> main functions of the hormone insulin. Insulin's job is to store energy,
> insulin's job is to make you gain weight.

Actually insulin's primary job is to lower blood glucose.

This primary job being defined by the independent variable that is
being sensed by the beta cells in determining how much insulin is
release.

That independent variable is blood glucose.

> Norman Swan: Transports sugar from the blood into cells.
>
> Robert Lustig: Exactly, that's insulin's job.

Incorrect. The insulin via its receptors and second messengers
activates glucose transport into the cells of target organs.

> Let's take a diabetic off
> the street, blood sugar is 300 -- in Australian terms that would
> probably be something in the order of 15. We give them a shot of
> insulin, the blood sugar goes down to 100, that would be something like
> 4 or 5, the question is where did the sugar go? It went to the fat for
> storage.

Incorrect. It went into muscle and liver for storage as glycogen and
not fat (especially in a type-1 diabetic but in low-carbing type-2
diabetics as well).

It seems that Dr. Lustig has either forgotten or never learned
physiology and biochemistry.

It remains wiser to eat less, down to the optimal amount to lose the
VAT, cure the IR/MetS, and possibly cure the type-2 diabetes:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Healing

Be hungry... be healthy... be blessed:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/PressRelease

Prayerfully in Jesus' awesome love,

Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Cardiologist

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 21, 2007, 7:01:22 AM7/21/07
friend Chris Malcolm wrote:
> convicted neighbor Susan <neve...@nomail.com> wrote:
>
> Wow! He's put enough of the jigsaw together that we can begin to see
> the whole picture!

Sadly, the picture is wrong because the pieces were forced together
incorrectly:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.diabetes/msg/c1c6666267edf6fb?

> Very impressive indeed!

Very sad.

> Thanks for taking the trouble to find and post this!

It remains wiser to eat less, down to the right amount to lose the
VAT, cure the IR/MetS, and possible cure the type-2 diabetes:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/Healing

Be hungry... be healthy.... be blessed:

Al

Jul 21, 2007, 9:12:34 AM7/21/07
Andrew B. Chung, Phony wrote:

> Sadly, the picture is wrong because the pieces were forced together
> incorrectly:

> It remains wiser to eat less, down to the right amount to lose the
> VAT, cure the IR/MetS, and possible cure the type-2 diabetes:

Why would anyone listen to a "doctor" who is denied hospital admitting
privileges and has repeatedly been proven to be a liar?

Sanity's Little Helper

Jul 22, 2007, 7:44:17 AM7/22/07
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <heart...@emorycardiology.com> wrote in
news:1185015339.4...@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com to
sci.med.cardiology:

> convicted neighb

HO! <whack>

--
David Silverman F.L.A.H.N.
aa #2208

"If you are informed by God, you can be misinformed by nobody" - Osama Bin
Laden

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 22, 2007, 1:03:27 PM7/22/07
convicted neighbor David Silverman (Sanity's Little Helper) slaps
himself silly:

> > http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med.cardiology/msg/c1c6666267edf6fb?
>
> HO! <whack>

This simply shows that Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict you:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

Sanity's Little Helper

Jul 22, 2007, 2:32:56 PM7/22/07
"Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <hear...@emorycardiology.com> wrote in
news:1185123807.6...@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com to
alt.christnet.christianlife:

> convic

Don Kirkman

Jul 22, 2007, 4:31:57 PM7/22/07
It seems to me I heard somewhere that Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD wrote in
article <1185123807.6...@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>:

>convicted neighbor David Silverman (Sanity's Little Helper) slaps
>himself silly:

>This simply shows that Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict you:

That can't be the same Holy Spirit that the Bible tells about, though,
cuz I showed you a long time ago that the word "convict" is only used
one time, and that a questioned passage, in the entire Bible. I.e.,
convicting people is not the work of God.
--
Don Kirkman

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 22, 2007, 6:06:29 PM7/22/07
convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
> >convicted neighbor David Silverman (Sanity's Little Helper) slaps
> >himself silly:
> >> Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>
> >This simply shows that Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict you:
>
> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

> That can't be the same Holy Spirit that the Bible tells about, though,
> cuz I showed you a long time ago that the word "convict" is only used
> one time, and that a questioned passage, in the entire Bible. I.e.,
> convicting people is not the work of God.

>From Acts 5:1-11

Now a man named Ananias, together with his wife Sapphira, also sold a
piece of property. With his wife's full knowledge he kept back part of
the money for himself, but brought the rest and put it at the
apostles' feet. Then Peter said, "Ananias, how is it that satan has so
filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and have kept
for yourself some of the money you received for the land? Didn't it
belong to you before it was sold? And after it was sold, wasn't the
money at your disposal? What made you think of doing such a thing? You
have not lied to men but to GOD."

When Ananias heard this, he fell down and died. And great fear seized
all who heard what had happened. Then the young men came forward,
wrapped up his body, and carried him out and buried him.

About three hours later his wife came in, not knowing what had
happened. Peter asked her, "Tell me, is this the price you and Ananias
got for the land?"

"Yes," she said, "that is the price."

Peter said to her, "How could you agree to test the Spirit of the
LORD? Look! The feet of the men who buried your husband are at the
door, and they will carry you out also."

At that moment she fell down at his feet and died. Then the young men
came in and, finding her dead, carried her out and buried her beside
her husband. Great fear seized the whole church and all who heard
about these events.

** end Scripture reading **

"Just as Bob Pastorio has died, so you will also die if you do not
repent." -- Holy Spirit

Amen.

"Fear not those who can kill the body and do nothing more. Fear HIM
Who can destroy the soul after killing the body." -- LORD Jesus Christ

Amen.

The brethren of LORD Jesus Christ are neither perfect nor more
special...

... we are simply forgiven by GOD:

http://www.interviewwithgod.com/forgiven/

May you wisely choose to repent and be forgiven by GOD by publicly
declaring with your mouth that "Jesus is LORD:"

http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay

Don Kirkman

Jul 23, 2007, 2:05:11 AM7/23/07
article <1185141989.7...@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>:

>> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

>>From Acts 5:1-11

You're not reading, you're writing. But exactly where do you see the
word "convict" in that passage?
--
Don Kirkman

Andy is Evil

Jul 23, 2007, 2:57:44 AM7/23/07
Self exposed LIAR "Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD" <heartdoc9
@emorycardiology.com> wrote in news:1185141989.736528.271230
@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Sock Notice: heartdoc9 in use. "Socks of Satan"tm 11 thru 17 and "andrew"
howling in pain whilst reloading their spam launchers from hell.

> convicted neighbor Don Kirkman wrote:
>> >convicted neighbor David Silverman (Sanity's Little Helper) slaps
>> >himself silly:
>>
>> >This simply shows that Holy Spirit is absolutely right to convict you:
>>
>> > http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

SPAMMED HATE LIST
SPAM
SPAM
SPAM

snip
Bible not considered authoritative in sci.med groups.

> http://HeartMDPhD.com/HolySpirit/TheWay
SPAM SITE
SPAM
SPAM
SPAM

> http://HeartMDPhD.com/PressRelease
SCAM ALERT
SPAM
SPAM
SPAM

To complain about the excessive use of socks and the spamming of above
url:

multiple Google accounts. All of these @emorycardiology.com,
i.e. hear...@emorycardiology.com:
andrew
heartdoc9
heartdoc11
heartdoc12
heartdoc13
heartdoc14
heartdoc15
heartdoc16
heartdoc17

Complain to:groups...@google.com

posted to Usenet sent via bellsouth IP addresses
68.211.197.166 or 67.34.27.12 or 68.19.48.236 :
RAbuseHandle: ABUSE81-ARIN
RAbuseName: Abuse Group
RAbusePhone: +1-404-499-5224
RAbuseEmail: ab...@bellsouth.net

heartmdphd.com appears to be hosted by Softcom:
RTechHandle: TY12-ARIN
RTechName: Yustein, Tony
RTechPhone: +1-416-957-7400
RTechEmail: to...@softcomca.com

emorycardiology.com appears to be hosted by godaddy:
OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE51-ARIN
OrgAbuseName: Abuse Department
OrgAbusePhone: +1-480-624-2505
OrgAbuseEmail: ab...@godaddy.com

Judge for yourself the quality of our resident spam-boi:
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.support.diabetes/msg/d559bc684dd89f72
?hl=en&

Andy is Evil

snip
> --
> 2PD-O-Fries Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD/NJ/WOKA/SCM**
> Ex-Cardiologist

Andy is Evil

**NJ-->NutJob,WOKA-->Winner Of K00K Awards,SCM-->Sad Counter Monkey

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 23, 2007, 3:52:24 AM7/23/07

You are not understanding what you are reading.

> But exactly where do you see the word "convict" in that passage?

Clearly, Ananias and Sapphira were convicted by the Holy Spirit...

... and then slain by HIM.

Just as Bob Pastorio was convicted by the Holy Spirit...

... and then slain by HIM.

Just as you are convicted by the Holy Spirit...

... and will be slain by HIM if you do not repent:

http://HeartMDPhD.com/Convicts

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jul 23, 2007, 8:31:26 AM7/23/07
friend Chris Malcolm wrote:
> > friend Chris Malcolm wrote:
> >> convicted neighbor Susan <neve...@nomail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Wow! He's put enough of the jigsaw together that we can begin to see
> >> the whole picture!
>
> > Sadly, the picture is wrong because the pieces were forced together
> > incorrectly:
>
> > http://groups.google.com/group/alt.support.diabetes/msg/c1c6666267edf6fb?
>
> >> Very impressive indeed!
>
> > Very sad.
>
> Your quibbles would I think be relevant criticisms of a scientific
> paper, but look like quarrels with choice of words, questions of
> emphasis, and simplifications of a kind I consider acceptable in an
> interview. I don't see that they're sufficiently wrong to condemn the
> general message.

Multiple fundamental errors in explaining biochemistry and physiology
sadly discredit the speaker in any setting.

Be hungry... be healthy... be blessed:

flyingrat

Jul 23, 2007, 12:24:24 PM7/23/07
In article <1185141989.7...@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
hear...@emorycardiology.com says...

> "Just as Bob Pastorio has died, so you will also die if you do not
> repent." -- Holy Spirit

here's why Chung is dancing on Bob's grave, and has been for months
now.

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.support.diabetes/msg/d5d5097f3e03f7
1a?dmode=source&hl=en

from that post:

"Funny thing about that. No reason why they should admit it. Chung was
fired for giving substandard medical care. An arbitrator upheld the
firing. He was out of there in less than 3 months. If Chung's story were
true, he'd at least have had grounds for a suit himself. Ooops. No suit.
Canned. Out the door. Bad doctoring."

(Bob Pastorio)

Bob showed up Chung the Demonic for being what he is, a twelve week
wonder who fled the State of Florida. Some cardiologist and Christian
isn't he?

Now Bob is dead, Chung shrieks and howls and spams Bob's web journal.
Just like a good little ghoul who wants his revenge.