Eduardo - Revenue Falls 20 Percent In November

1 view

PocketRadio

Dec 23, 2008, 9:33:06 PM12/23/08
"Revenue Falls 20 Percent In November"

NEW YORK -- December 22, 2008: November showed the worst revenue
numbers in a long, down year, the RAB reports: Radio revenue was off
by 20 percent compared to November 2007.

Local fell 21 percent last month, with national off 24 percent, with
local and national combining for a 22 percent decline. Off-air
revenue, which has risen most months this year, crept up again in
November, rising 1 percent.

The November dropoff follows reports that grand-total revenue was down
10 percent in October and 8 percent in September.

The RAB bases its local and national figures on about 100 markets as
reported by Miller Kaplan Arase & Co.

http://www.radioink.com/HeadlineEntry.asp?hid=144417&pt=todaysnews

Eduardo - can you spin this in a positive way for HD Radio?

garya...@aol.com

Dec 23, 2008, 11:25:30 PM12/23/08

garya...@aol.com

Dec 23, 2008, 11:29:24 PM12/23/08
On Dec 23, 6:33 pm, PocketRadio <sidwellfrie...@aol.com> wrote:

So what? TV station revenue is down. Auto companies revenue is
down. The whole economy is down. With businesses going under every
day, you should expect this to happen with radio advertising. No
surprise here. When the economy recovers, so will the advertising
income. That's not to say that radio advertising income will ever be
what it was a few years ago, but it will recover somewhat with the
economy recovery. So the stats for November are really worthless as
an argument against radio or HD radio.

rfb...@yahoo.com

Dec 24, 2008, 12:51:49 AM12/24/08

The point is - radio is so strapped that a 20% drop puts pressure on
an already stressed industry. Radio is just trying to keep its head
above water. In that sense 20% IS significant. Isn't that right
Eduardo.

David Eduardo

Dec 24, 2008, 2:32:32 AM12/24/08

<garya...@aol.com> wrote in message

It has nothing to do with HD radio.

However, as I said, any expense item that can be cut right now will be, just
as it is at General Electric or Johnson & Johnson... and that means HD,
streaming, websites, overnight jocks, vans, promotion, travel and anything
else "shrinkable."

dxAce

Dec 24, 2008, 2:33:50 AM12/24/08

David Eduardo wrote:

Your job...

RHF

Dec 24, 2008, 5:14:20 AM12/24/08

- The point is - radio is so strapped that a 20% drop
- puts pressure on an already stressed industry.
- Radio is just trying to keep its head above water.
- In that sense 20% IS significant.
- Isn't that right Eduardo.

little 'rhb',

So you relish the fact that 20% of Americans may be
Out of Work in the Next Year due to a Recession;
and a possible Depression; as long as it is bad news
for Free Over-the-Air Radio; IBOC and HD-Radio

it boggles the mind ~ RHF
.

RHF

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 6:59:43 AM12/24/08
On Dec 23, 11:29�pm, garyarn...@aol.com wrote:
> an argument against radio or HD radio.- Hide quoted text -

LMFAO!

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 7:01:04 AM12/24/08
On Dec 24, 2:32�am, "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote:
> <garyarn...@aol.com> wrote in message
> else "shrinkable."- Hide quoted text -

Yea, it does - stations won't be able to afford the new transmitters/
antennas, if the 10db power increase is approved for FM-HD.

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 7:02:29 AM12/24/08
> > Eduardo - can you spin this in a positive way for HD Radio?- Hide quoted text -

Yup, as long as it is bad news for HD Radio - destroy terrestrial
radio, in order to destroy HD.

David Eduardo

Dec 24, 2008, 10:55:52 AM12/24/08

"PocketRadio" <sidwell...@aol.com> wrote in message

<Yea, it does - stations won't be able to afford the new transmitters/
<antennas, if the 10db power increase is approved for FM-HD.

A large percentage of stations believe the technical sacrifices on this
increase do not justify the potential gains today. The interference to
in-market second adjacents may be too severe to tolerate, and the gains not
quantifiable today.

garya...@aol.com

Dec 24, 2008, 11:58:53 AM12/24/08
On Dec 23, 9:51 pm, rfb...@yahoo.com wrote:

I haven't heard of the radio industry asking congress for a bail out.
I think it's a shame how some people enjoy seeing others suffer. I
guess some of you think as long as it is someone else's job that is in
danger and not your own, it's just fine with you. That's about as
selfish as one can get. And hoping that the radio industry will fold
shows the disgusting person you really are.

GET A LIFE!

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 12:07:12 PM12/24/08
On Dec 24, 10:55�am, "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote:
> "PocketRadio" <sidwellfrie...@aol.com> wrote in message

"FCC to Consider Raising FM-HD Power Levels"

"Why would radio stations take the risk of degrading the quality of
their existing analog service in order to pimp a flawed technology
which nobody's listening to? It's almost as if the strategy of the HD
Radio Alliance is to degrade analog radio service in order to force
digital adoption - kind of a variant on the 'we had to destroy the
village to save it' rationale."

http://tinyurl.com/67bgv7

I'de say appove it, then watch FM turn into the same situation as AM-
HD - but this time, there will be lawsuits:

"Comments of Simmons Media Group, LLC"

"Large-market and large-group stations with more resources will be the
most likely to increase digital operating power, leaving small-market,
rural, and family-owned analog broadcasters to lose revenues from
interference while undertaking large attorney and engineering fees to
fight digital interference at the FCC."

http://tinyurl.com/6fmcx4

Hasn't Struble done a wonderful job pitting broadcasters against one
another. IBOC will eventually destroy the radio industry. Struble must
a a real hate of the industry.

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 12:08:09 PM12/24/08
> GET A LIFE!- Hide quoted text -

LMFAO!

rfb...@yahoo.com

Dec 24, 2008, 3:10:32 PM12/24/08

Hey GET A LIFE - You need to GET REAL. HD radio and other big
business have suffered from GREED for years. It's now catching up
with them. I personally love it.

rfb...@yahoo.com

Dec 24, 2008, 3:24:13 PM12/24/08

Big Business, banks, investors, big media, bloated government
agencies, newspapers, auto manufacturers, retailers and probably YOU
(and shitheads like Eduardo) have been living in financial never-never
land for years and it’s all coming to a head. Now. And they still
justify their self-serving actions while the Titanic sinks to the
bottom. Look at yourself and tell me it's not true.

I can’t wait to see it continue in 2009 I just love it!

Merry Christmas!

Brenda Ann

Dec 24, 2008, 5:34:53 PM12/24/08

"David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote in message

So now you admit that IBOC is a QRM generator??

David Eduardo

Dec 24, 2008, 5:54:36 PM12/24/08

"Brenda Ann" <bre...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message

No, not at current levels. But a 10 db increase would cause some issues.

RHF

Dec 24, 2008, 5:57:39 PM12/24/08
On Dec 24, 2:34 pm, "Brenda Ann" <bren...@shinbiro.com> wrote:
> "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote in message

> > "PocketRadio" <sidwellfrie...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > <Yea, it does - stations won't be able to afford the new transmitters/
> > <antennas, if the 10db power increase is approved for FM-HD.
>
> > A large percentage of stations believe the technical sacrifices on this
> > increase do not justify the potential gains today. The interference to
> > in-market second adjacents may be too severe to tolerate, and the gains
> > not quantifiable today.

- So now you admit that IBOC is a QRM generator??

Yeah - IBOC is "By-Design" a Noise Generator
for Analog Radio Users.

IBOC Planned
http://electronicdesign.com/Files/29/12194/Figure_02.gif
http://www.jampro.com/uploads/images/hd_docs/ALLHD/ALLHD1.jpg

IBOC Actual
http://www.ham-radio.com/k6sti/iboc0.jpg
http://www.contelec.com/images%5CSpectral-plot.jpg

~ RHF
.

RHF

Dec 24, 2008, 5:58:54 PM12/24/08

- And hoping that the radio industry will fold
- shows the disgusting person you really are.

Right-On !

- GET A LIFE!

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 6:04:21 PM12/24/08
On Dec 24, 5:54 pm, "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote:
> "Brenda Ann" <bren...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message

> > "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote in message
>
> >> "PocketRadio" <sidwellfrie...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >> <Yea, it does - stations won't be able to afford the new transmitters/
> >> <antennas, if the 10db power increase is approved for FM-HD.
>
> >> A large percentage of stations believe the technical sacrifices on this
> >> increase do not justify the potential gains today. The interference to
> >> in-market second adjacents may be too severe to tolerate, and the gains
> >> not quantifiable today.
>
> > So now you admit that IBOC is a QRM generator??
>
> No, not at current levels. But a 10 db increase would cause some issues.- Hide quoted text -

"HD Interference: Not Just For AM Anymore"

"Radio World Engineering Extra dropped a bomb this month with a very
provocative cover story: 'What Are We Doing to Ourselves, Exactly?'
Written by Doug Vernier, the man who authored the technical
specifications for an ongoing Corporation for Public Broadcasting-
sponsored HD Radio interference analysis, the report is the first of
its kind to document interference between FM-HD stations around the
country. Using anecdotal reportage, some sophisticated contour-
mapping, and presumably 'early data' from the CPB study, Vernier's
article conclusively proves how stations running in hybrid HD/analog
mode can (and do) interfere somewhat significantly with not only
themselves, but their neighbors on the FM dial."

http://diymedia.net/archive/1207.htm#122307

"Editorial: More Than Half Full"

"AM-HD continues to fight uphill. Several manufacturers showed
impressive new transmitter models designed to optimize and maintain HD
performance. Yet the growth of AM-HD stations coming on the air
appears stalled and we hear murmurings about some broadcasters pulling
back on AM-HD or wishing to renegotiate their commitments with
Ibiquity."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.13363.html

"Citadel Halts AM Nighttime IBOC Operation Amid Complaints"

"An excerpt from his memo to staff reads: In response to the
lackluster performance, the limited benefit and various reports of
significant interference, Citadel is suspending nighttime AM HD
operations at this time. Please reinstate your previous procedures for
daytime-only HD operation as soon as possible.”

http://www.radioworld.com/pages/s.0121/t.8847.html

Cum again ? LOL!

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 6:06:20 PM12/24/08
On Dec 24, 5:54�pm, "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote:
> "Brenda Ann" <bren...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message

> > "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote in message
>
> >> "PocketRadio" <sidwellfrie...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >> <Yea, it does - stations won't be able to afford the new transmitters/
> >> <antennas, if the 10db power increase is approved for FM-HD.
>
> >> A large percentage of stations believe the technical sacrifices on this
> >> increase do not justify the potential gains today. The interference to
> >> in-market second adjacents may be too severe to tolerate, and the gains
> >> not quantifiable today.
>
> > So now you admit that IBOC is a QRM generator??
>
> No, not at current levels. But a 10 db increase would cause some issues.- Hide quoted text -

Edaurdo - you are so full of shit that you make me vomit!

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 6:07:08 PM12/24/08
> - GET A LIFE!- Hide quoted text -

Right-On ! You sure showed me! LOL!

RHF

Dec 24, 2008, 6:07:58 PM12/24/08

- LMFAO!

pOCKETrADIO - We {The USA} are legally in a Recession
-and- May soon be going in to a Depression in the next year
-and- You are slamming the Commercial Radio Advertising
Business for bad economic numbers . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/5d1af1a72b004e2a

Real People *Your Fellow US Citizens* Are Losing Their
Jobs, Homes, Business; and You Rejoice ! ! !

it boggles the mind ~ RHF
.

(OT) : PONG - PocketRadio You Put The "F" in LM_AO ! ~ RHF
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/024d0a6a7df0ccda
PR - Sadly everyone knows that in your 'special case' : The
"F" stands for "Farce" and not the more common F-Word.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a38522565be4482c
.
Set Newsgroup Reader Filters for :
(OT) = OT = Off-Topic
RHF
BoobleStubble = BS
PocketRadio
PONG = Ping-Pong Game
IBOC = iBiquity
hdradio = HD Radio
farce = Farce
blogspot = Blog Spot
.

Telamon

Dec 24, 2008, 6:12:04 PM12/24/08
In article <R4z4l.8795$W06....@flpi148.ffdc.sbc.com>,
"David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote:

It causes me listening issues right now and I'm not alone on this.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

RHF

Dec 24, 2008, 6:13:19 PM12/24/08

PocketRadio -proclaims- Destroy Terrestrial Radio :
In Order To Destroy HD Radio

(OT) : PONG - PocketRadio You Put The "F" in LM_AO !

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/9fe9096d25c86eac

.
Set Newsgroup Reader Filters for :
(OT) = OT = Off-Topic
RHF
BoobleStubble = BS
PocketRadio
PONG = Ping-Pong Game
IBOC = iBiquity
hdradio = HD Radio
farce = Farce
blogspot = Blog Spot

-add- 'rfb'
.

RHF

Dec 24, 2008, 6:17:08 PM12/24/08
- Hey GET A LIFE - You need to GET REAL.  HD radio and other big
- business have suffered from GREED for years.   It's now catching up
- with them.  I personally love it.

"rfb" - We {The USA} are legally in a Recession

-and- May soon be going in to a Depression in the next year
-and- You are slamming the Commercial Radio Advertising
Business for bad economic numbers . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/5d1af1a72b004e2a

Real People *Your Fellow US Citizens* Are Losing Their

Jobs, Homes, Business; and You Relish It and Rejoice !

RHF

PocketRadio

Dec 24, 2008, 6:20:53 PM12/24/08
> Business for bad economic numbers . . .http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/5d1af1a72b004e2a

> Real People *Your Fellow US Citizens* Are Losing Their
> Jobs, Homes, Business; and You Rejoice ! ! !
>
> it boggles the mind ~ RHF
> �.
> (OT) : PONG - PocketRadio You Put The "F" in LM_AO ! ~ RHFhttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/024d0a6a7df0ccda

> PR - Sadly everyone knows that in your 'special case' : The
> "F" stands for "Farce" and not the more common F-Word.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/a38522565be4482c

> �.
> Set Newsgroup Reader Filters for :
> (OT) = OT = Off-Topic
> RHF
> BoobleStubble = BS
> PocketRadio
> PONG = Ping-Pong Game
> IBOC = iBiquity
> hdradio = HD Radio
> farce = Farce
> blogspot = Blog Spot

Booble Struble = rubbish, Harvard con-artist, Harvard con-man, liar,
pond-scum, Kevin Martin's cock-sucker and personal whore, JR Ewing,
Andy Enron Fastow, low-life, money-grubber, etc... BTW, I've gotten a
few visits to my blog from Harvard - LOL!

dxAce

Dec 24, 2008, 6:22:56 PM12/24/08

PocketRadio wrote:

Damn, he made 'em vomit in Ecuador too!

rfb...@yahoo.com

Dec 24, 2008, 7:43:38 PM12/24/08
On Dec 24, 5:54 pm, "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote:
> "Brenda Ann" <bren...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message

> > "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote in message
>
> >> "PocketRadio" <sidwellfrie...@aol.com> wrote in message

> >> <Yea, it does - stations won't be able to afford the new transmitters/
> >> <antennas, if the 10db power increase is approved for FM-HD.
>
> >> A large percentage of stations believe the technical sacrifices on this
> >> increase do not justify the potential gains today. The interference to
> >> in-market second adjacents may be too severe to tolerate, and the gains
> >> not quantifiable today.
>
> > So now you admit that IBOC is a QRM generator??
>
> No, not at current levels. But a 10 db increase would cause some issues.

Holy shit. Eduardo I can't believe you're admitting that. There is
hope for you after all. You're coming back from the dark side.

RHF

Dec 24, 2008, 10:24:26 PM12/24/08
On Dec 24, 4:43 pm, rfb...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Dec 24, 5:54 pm, "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Brenda Ann" <bren...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message

> > > "David Eduardo" <da...@davideduardo.com> wrote in message

> > > So now you admit that IBOC is a QRM generator??
>
> > No, not at current levels. But a 10 db increase would cause some issues.

- Holy shit.  Eduardo I can't believe you're admitting that.   There
is
- hope for you after all.  You're coming back from the dark side.

'rfb' to use your own words "Holy Shit" - 'rfb' you are
another PocketRadio & BoobleStubble Sock-Puppet
{Internet-Radio Shill and Satellite-Radio Shill}

.
Set Newsgroup Reader Filters for :
(OT) = OT = Off-Topic
RHF
BoobleStubble = BS
PocketRadio

rfb

PONG = Ping-Pong Game
IBOC = iBiquity
hdradio = HD Radio
farce = Farce
blogspot = Blog Spot

.
(OT) : 'rfb' One More Anti-Terrestrial-Radio "Sock-Puppet"
blah, Blah. BLAH ! - IBiquity
blah, Blah. BLAH ! - IBOC
blah, Blah. BLAH ! - HD-Radio
blah, Blah. BLAH ! - AM & FM Terrestrial-Radio [.]
= = = Bash and Trash ~ RHF
.
.

RHF

Dec 25, 2008, 7:21:30 AM12/25/08
Deutsche Welle [DW] in German on 9545 kHz @ 00:50 UTC
DW = http://www2.dw-world.de/
.
yes i heard it on the ray-di-oh ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA-
.
Shortwave Listener QSL Reports Newsgroup : SWR3
.
.

rfb...@yahoo.com

Dec 25, 2008, 9:42:28 AM12/25/08

You're a screwball

RHF

Dec 25, 2008, 1:49:48 PM12/25/08
AFN Key West "Sports By-Line USA" on 7811 kHz [USB] @ 00:30 UTC
AFN SW Radio = http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/ShortWave.aspx

Heard "Sports By-Line USA" host Ron Barr interviewed
http://www.sportsbyline.com/
http://www.sportsbyline.com/bios/ronbarr.htm
US Baseball Hall-of-Famer Rollie Fingers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollie_Fingers
-followed-by "Face-the-Nation" {CBS News} with Bob
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/ftn/main3460.shtml
Schieffer talking about Caroline Kennedy seeking the
New York US Senate Seat of Hillary Clinton.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_Kennedy
.
AFN Current Shortwave Radio High Frequencies
Single-Side-Band [SSB] using Upper Sideband [USB]
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/ShortWave.aspx
Source-Location : Key West, Florida -USA-
[ Atlantic Ocean & Caribbean Sea ]
5446.5 kHz [USB] both Day and Night
7811 kHz [USB] both Day and Night {Listed as 7812.5}
12,133.5 kHz [USB] both Day and Night
.
AFN Radio Program Schedule
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/AFNRadio.aspx
.
American Forces Network (AFN) -aka- AFRTS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_Radio
.
AFN Shortwave Radio [HF-USB] Broadcasts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_Radio#Short_Wave_.28USB.29

.
yes i heard it on the ray-di-oh ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -USA-
.

Shortwave Listener QSL Reports Newsgroup : SWR3 : 417
http://groups.google.com/group/shortwave-listener-qsl-reports/msg/8a9ae78fa2f3f469
.
.