Reminder: DxAce LIES about his shortwave reports

Anne Onime

Nov 1, 2010, 2:13:23 AM11/1/10
He also lies about the number of countries he has QSL'ed. he claims he has heard from 239 different countries.
Well dipshit, there aren't 239 countries in the world. Maybe the dickhead is thinking of COUNTIES, not countries.
Asshole.

Mike

Nov 1, 2010, 9:38:00 AM11/1/10

Chill, dude. He's using the NASWA list that counts many countries that
are no longer sovereign entities.

D. Peter Maus

Nov 1, 2010, 10:40:37 AM11/1/10

You may wish to consider that as long as he's been an SWL, dozens
of countries have redefined their boundaries, changed their names,
or been formed out of other countries after revolution, or poltical
upheaval. One could, for instance, from the same station in
Slovakia, and received three QSL's from three different countries.

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 11:15:59 AM11/1/10
I saw a program on How It's Made, on tv.How Globes are made.They change
those World Maps on those Globes sometimes because of the difference in
the Countries around the World.

National Geographic would probally tell you about that too, I think so.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 11:31:49 AM11/1/10
http://www.devilfinder.com
How It's Made Globes

I have two very old big Globes that date back to the 1940's.I don't use
them much, but I like them anyway.Yep, I bought them at Goodwill many
years ago.You ought to see my nice very old wooden office desk and my
very nice very old wooden office chair in my dining room.Of course the
desk is filled with junk and the desk has junk piled sky high on top of
the desk.I Likes my junk, but it isn't all junk.
cuhulin

dave

Nov 1, 2010, 4:44:06 PM11/1/10

In amateur radio they are called "entities".

Message has been deleted

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 4:45:11 PM11/1/10
WAC's = Women's Army Corps.
Dontchoo pick on my Wimmins!
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 4:51:13 PM11/1/10
http://www.history.army.mil/brochures/wac/wac.htm

Wimmins in the Army.
GO ARMY!
cuhulin

RHF

Nov 1, 2010, 5:14:36 PM11/1/10

- In amateur radio they are called "entities".

'Special Dave' Do You Believe In "Entities"...

Amateur Radio Operator 'Art Bell' Wants To Know ?
.

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 7:01:59 PM11/1/10
GM ends agreement with Pontiac dealers.
http://www.clarionledger.com
(Business section)

That's too bad.Pontiac has built some Great cars before, years and years
ago.I never owned a Pontiac before.

Gone, gone, gone, oh goney gone gone, like a turkle turkle turkle in the
green cut corn,,,,,,,,,
Pontiac is gone.The Big Chief is gone.
cuhulin

RHF

Nov 1, 2010, 8:21:19 PM11/1/10
On Nov 1, 4:01 pm, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> GM ends agreement with Pontiac dealers.http://www.clarionledger.com

> (Business section)
>
> That's too bad.Pontiac has built some Great cars before, years and years
> ago.I never owned a Pontiac before.
>
> Gone, gone, gone, oh goney gone gone, like a turkle turkle turkle in the
> green cut corn,,,,,,,,,
> Pontiac is gone.The Big Chief is gone.
> cuhulin

Cuhulin,

YEP ! Pontiac Is Gone : Thank You Prez Obama
-facts-are-facts-
Prez Obama and the Obama Regime had GM cut
7,000 to 8,000 Union Factory Jobs in the
USA; and Terminate 2,600+ Dealers by 2010.
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_27/b4185010570308.htm

Meanwhile Prez Obama and the Obama Regime has
had GM Investing American Taxpayers Money in
Mexico and sending more American Union Jobs
overseas . . .
http://nofluer.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/08/4844970-gm-to-build-new-vehicle-at-plant-in-mexico-

prez obama the american job exterminator
and us business destroyer ~ RHF
.
Just Vote NO on Sending American Jobs Overseas :
Say NO to Obama, Pelosi and Reid !
.
Just Vote NO on Sending American Tax Dollars
Overseas as Foreign Capital Investments :
Say NO to Obama, Pelosi and Reid !
.
.

Joe from Kokomo

Nov 1, 2010, 9:05:20 PM11/1/10

On 11/1/2010 4:02 PM, Bob Dobbs wrote:

> So that's what the "C" stands for in WAC<g>

Well, actually, no...the "C" in WAC stands for Worked All CONTINENTS
(not countries).

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 9:29:02 PM11/1/10
Do you know what WAF means? I am not going to be nasty and say it.
cuhulin

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 9:27:03 PM11/1/10
There is a new Chrysler/Dodge engines factory in/near
Saltillo,Mexico.When I visited Mexico in June 1992 I drove right pass a
GM factory and a Chrysler/Dodge factory in/near Saltillo.

There is a Saltillo,Mississippi too.It would be better if those
factories were in Saltillo,Mississippi, or anywhere in America, for that
matter.
cuhulin

arthr...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 11:54:22 PM11/1/10

Some well-made globes actually contain a hidden bar.

arthr...@webtv.net

Nov 1, 2010, 11:59:36 PM11/1/10
On Nov 1, 8:21 pm, RHF <rhf-newsgro...@pacbell.net> wrote:
> On Nov 1, 4:01 pm, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
>
> > GM ends agreement with Pontiac dealers.http://www.clarionledger.com
> > (Business section)
>
> > That's too bad.Pontiac has built some Great cars before, years and years
> > ago.I never owned a Pontiac before.
>
> > Gone, gone, gone, oh goney gone gone, like a turkle turkle turkle in the
> > green cut corn,,,,,,,,,
> > Pontiac is gone.The Big Chief is gone.
> > cuhulin
>
> Cuhulin,
>
> YEP ! Pontiac Is Gone : Thank You Prez Obama
> -facts-are-facts-
> Prez Obama and the Obama Regime had GM cut
> 7,000 to 8,000 Union Factory Jobs in the
> USA; and Terminate 2,600+ Dealers by 2010.http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/10_27/b4185010570308.htm

> Meanwhile Prez Obama and the Obama Regime has
> had GM Investing American Taxpayers Money in
> Mexico and sending more American Union Jobs
> overseas . . .http://nofluer.newsvine.com/_news/2010/08/08/4844970-gm-to-build-new-...

> prez obama the american job exterminator
> and us business destroyer ~ RHF
>  .
> Just Vote NO on Sending American Jobs Overseas :
> Say NO to Obama, Pelosi and Reid  !
>  .
> Just Vote NO on Sending American Tax Dollars
> Overseas as Foreign Capital Investments :
> Say NO to Obama, Pelosi and Reid  !
>  .
>  .

Obama gave away trillions to save various corporations. Naturally, all
at the tax-payers expense and that's the way it was before he became a
Chief. Nothing new.

Brenda Ann

Nov 2, 2010, 1:46:54 AM11/2/10

<arthr...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> Obama gave away trillions to save various corporations. Naturally, all
> at the tax-payers expense and that's the way it was before he became a
> Chief. Nothing new.

While we're at it, let's blame Obama for GM dropping Oldsmobile and Buick as
well. GM is on a long, slow slide to the bottom... and has been for a
decade or more (so why did they buy Daewoo???)

arthr...@webtv.net

Nov 2, 2010, 3:39:14 AM11/2/10
On Nov 2, 1:46 am, "Brenda Ann" <newsgro...@fullspectrumradio.org>
wrote:
> <arthrny...@webtv.net> wrote in message

Losers like the company of other losers. Daewoo went bancrupt in the
late 90's. What a shame... Anyways, GM discontinued OLDSmobile brand
in 2004,obviously not because BHO was getting into politics in
Illinois. And Buick brand is still around- last I heard GM was selling
more Buicks in PRC than in the US ! "Mark of Exellence". What a joke.

RHF

Nov 2, 2010, 5:13:35 AM11/2/10

- Some well-made globes actually contain a hidden bar.

Cuhulin... What Do They Serve At That "Bar' . . .
.

RHF

Nov 2, 2010, 5:30:57 AM11/2/10

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/412ff62b2b257021

- Obama gave away trillions to save various
- corporations. Naturally, all at the tax-payers
- expense and that's the way it was before
- he became a Chief. Nothing new.

Reality Check,,,

Prez's - Just Sign the Bills into Law [.]

It is the US Congress :
1 - That Writes The Bills/Laws
2 - That Passes The Bills/Laws

The US Congress : In 2010 Throw The Bums Out !

and Prez's like Congress do
what they are told to do ~ RHF
.
Had John 'Smiley' McCain become the Prez
IMHO 'The Big Picture' would not change.
.
Idiot's-R-Us : This NOV 2010 US National Election :
Throw The Bums Of Both Parties Out ! ! !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/eb8e5b92e0d0b7a4
.
Voting - = None-of-the-Above = - { Throw Da Bums Out }
.
Voting Your Principles {Values / Deeply Held Beliefs}
Is Never A Wasted Vote - Just Vote !
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/88a072dcdbb910c3
.
Go Green Recycle Congress !
Say 'No' to Pelosi & Reid
and All Their Secret Big Money Lobbyist Friends
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.radio.shortwave/msg/5b507cea80522b22
.
.

Message has been deleted

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 2, 2010, 8:01:17 AM11/2/10
I just now saw Bobby Gasaway (he lives in Brandon, just across the
mighty Pearl River, about thirteen miles East behind doggy's couch)
talking.He was in the U.S.Army, 2nd Infantry Division, in World War
Two.He said after a while he was offered a chance to drive a truck, he
took it, better than being in a foxhole, he said.

http://www.WLBT.com
Veterans History Project

Yeah, in fact of the business, I drove trucks in Vietnam too.Like the
man said, Better than being in a foxhole.
cuhulin

dave

Nov 2, 2010, 10:12:41 AM11/2/10
Bob Dobbs wrote:
> dave wrote:

>> In amateur radio they are called "entities".
>

> So that's what the "C" stands for in WAC<g>

I would ask the WAC people about that. Hawaii and Alaska are not
countries, but do count as discrete DX entities.

dave

Nov 2, 2010, 10:21:00 AM11/2/10
arthr...@webtv.net wrote:

> Obama gave away trillions to save various corporations. Naturally, all
> at the tax-payers expense and that's the way it was before he became a
> Chief. Nothing new.

All but 200 billion of TARP is already paid back. Chrysler I believe is
paid back. GM will eventually pay back 100% plus a profit.

The only crisis is in the news media and its tenuous grip on the facts.

(Why won't the big media complain about money in politics? Because they
are the recipients of all the dirty money!)

dave

Nov 2, 2010, 10:28:38 AM11/2/10
Bob Dobbs wrote:
> As of Halloween Pontiac is no longer.

About friggin' time. Chevy with chrome trim.

Joe from Kokomo

Nov 2, 2010, 2:05:43 PM11/2/10
On 11/2/2010 1:46 AM, Brenda Ann wrote:

> While we're at it, let's blame Obama for GM dropping Oldsmobile and
> Buick as well.

Dropping Buick? Possibly a slip of the keyboard, as Pontiac and Saturn
were dropped, Buick is alive and well, thanks in no small part to our
friends in China who favor Buicks.

And, yes, why not blame Obama for anything and everything? Whatever the
problem, it's obviously all his fault... :-D

Message has been deleted

cuh...@webtv.net

Nov 2, 2010, 4:00:45 PM11/2/10
England is a Kingdom, not a Country.
That's why the U.K.,,, United Kingdom.
Furr enstince, that married Irish woman (married to that Irish guy, she
is from Caherconlish,Ireland, he is from Fethard,Ireland,
http://www.fethard.com
I don't think Caherconlish has a website, yet) wayyyyyyy over yonder
across the big pond works for West Sussex County Council in Bognor
Regis,England.
http://www.westsussex.gov.uk
Nowadays, is England a Queendom? A Beaverdom?
cuhulin

RHF

Nov 2, 2010, 5:24:47 PM11/2/10
On Nov 2, 11:05 am, Joe from Kokomo <j...@indy.net> wrote:
> On 11/2/2010 1:46 AM, Brenda Ann wrote:
>
> > While we're at it, let's blame Obama for GM dropping Oldsmobile and
> > Buick as well.
>
> Dropping Buick? Possibly a slip of the keyboard, as Pontiac and Saturn
> were dropped, Buick is alive and well, thanks in no small part to our
> friends in China who favor Buicks.

- And, yes, why not blame Obama for anything
- and everything?
- Whatever the problem, it's obviously all his fault...
- :-D

Joe-from-Kokomo : Alas We Agree On Something :-D ~ RHF

blame obama,,, Blame Obama... BLAME OBAMA ! ! !

Cause He's the Prez-A-Duntz !

Just Say NO To Prez Obama !

Vote NO on Prez Obama !

no obama,,, No Obama ... NO OBAMA ! ! !
.

RHF

Nov 2, 2010, 6:49:41 PM11/2/10
On Nov 2, 1:00 pm, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> England is a Kingdom, not a Country.
> That's why the U.K.,,, United Kingdom.
> Furr enstince, that married Irish woman (married to that Irish guy, she
> is from Caherconlish,Ireland, he is from Fethard,Ireland,http://www.fethard.com

> I don't think Caherconlish has a website, yet) wayyyyyyy over yonder
> across the big pond works for West Sussex County Council in Bognor
> Regis,England.http://www.westsussex.gov.uk

> Nowadays, is England a Queendom? A Beaverdom?
> cuhulin

The United Kingdom(s) [UK] of Great Britain
and Northern Ireland
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK

Great Britain : England, Scotland and Wales
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain

England
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England

You can be 'British' without being "English" ~ RHF
.

arthr...@webtv.net

Nov 3, 2010, 12:42:35 AM11/3/10
On Nov 2, 4:00 pm, cuhu...@webtv.net wrote:
> England is a Kingdom, not a Country.
> That's why the U.K.,,, United Kingdom.
> Furr enstince, that married Irish woman (married to that Irish guy, she
> is from Caherconlish,Ireland, he is from Fethard,Ireland,http://www.fethard.com

> I don't think Caherconlish has a website, yet) wayyyyyyy over yonder
> across the big pond works for West Sussex County Council in Bognor
> Regis,England.http://www.westsussex.gov.uk

> Nowadays, is England a Queendom? A Beaverdom?
> cuhulin

It may become a Foxedome !!! Fox-hunting is being phased out .
Completely. Too cruel.

dave

Nov 3, 2010, 9:10:52 AM11/3/10
cuh...@webtv.net wrote:
> England is a Kingdom, not a Country.
> That's why the U.K.,,, United Kingdom.
Wrong. Used to be a kingdom. The queen is a hag.

bpnjensen

Nov 3, 2010, 11:56:00 PM11/3/10
On Nov 1, 7:40 am, "D. Peter Maus" <dpeterm...@att.net> wrote:

> On 11/1/10 01:13 , Anne Onime wrote:
>
> > He also lies about the number of countries he has QSL'ed. he claims he has heard from 239 different countries.
> > Well dipshit, there aren't 239 countries in the world. Maybe the dickhead is thinking of COUNTIES, not countries.
> > Asshole.
>
>    You may wish to consider that as long as he's been an SWL, dozens
> of countries have redefined their boundaries, changed their names,
> or been formed out of other countries after revolution, or poltical
> upheaval. One could, for instance, from the same station in
> Slovakia, and received  three QSL's from three different countries.

Moreover, the NASWA countries list is for all nations existing since
the end of WWII; so that official SWL list will contain numerous
nations beyond those in existence at any one time.

I don't think the original poster is very clear on the accepted
conventions of the hobby.

D. Peter Maus

Nov 4, 2010, 1:21:58 AM11/4/10

You're likely right.

dxAce

Nov 4, 2010, 6:39:34 AM11/4/10

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

> On 11/1/10 01:13 , Anne Onime wrote:
> > He also lies about the number of countries he has QSL'ed. he claims he has heard from 239 different countries.
> > Well dipshit, there aren't 239 countries in the world. Maybe the dickhead is thinking of COUNTIES, not countries.
> > Asshole.
> >

> You may wish to consider that as long as he's been an SWL, dozens
> of countries have redefined their boundaries, changed their names,
> or been formed out of other countries after revolution, or poltical
> upheaval. One could, for instance, from the same station in
> Slovakia, and received three QSL's from three different countries.

Actually, no. Using the NASWA Country List, one might have heard Radio Prague back in the 60's and counted that as a
QSL from Czechoslovakia.

Now, since the country has split in two, one might have heard Radio Prague back in the 60's from a transmitter in what
is now the Czech Republic which counts as one country, and heard Radio Prague from a transmitter in what is now
Slovakia which counts as one country.

Or, one might hear whatever broadcast service today, emanating from each transmitter location (location, location,
location!), and count them as two separate countries, not three, using the NASWA Country List, i.e., there is no
separate listing for Czechoslovakia, only listings for the Czech Republic and Slovakia.

See: http://naswa.net/list/ where the List can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

D. Peter Maus

Nov 4, 2010, 8:57:38 AM11/4/10

Thanks for the clarification. It's clear, despite 40 years
immersed in SW listening, that I've not pursued QSL's (Veries, for
those in Glendale) to any serious extent. And never with the NASWA
listt. I've got a handful, here. And those are filed away with my
receiver docs.