Paulo de Castille ?

Wedge

Aug 31, 2010, 2:09:05 PM8/31/10
Sabbat: When Paulo is put into play during your influence phase, you
may move 1 blood from him to any Lasombra in your uncontrolled region.

If Paulo comes into play with more blood than his capacity, can you
order effects so that the excess is moved to a Lasombra in your
uncontrolled region?

Sim

Aug 31, 2010, 2:17:29 PM8/31/10
The blood would fall off before you have a chance to do that.

Wedge

Aug 31, 2010, 2:57:03 PM8/31/10
On Aug 31, 11:17 am, Sim <nex...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The blood would fall off before you have a chance to do that.

At the end of your influence phase, any vampire in your uncontrolled
region with a number of blood counters on him equal to (or more than)
his capacity becomes controlled. The vampire is turned face up and
moved to the ready region, untapped. The counters are kept on him to
represent his blood (counters in excess of his capacity drain off
immediately as usual). Other types of crypt cards are handled
similarly.

I was checking, if (immediately) took priority over the usual order
of statement by statement. When during this sequence is a minion
considered put into play.

Juggernaut1981

Aug 31, 2010, 6:10:46 PM8/31/10

Paulo must actually enter play before you can trigger his text.

"When Paulo IS PUT into play..."

While the blood-check happens as the vampire is put into play.

LSJ

Aug 31, 2010, 6:41:47 PM8/31/10

Yes. The blood drains off before yo can move it.

Wedge

Aug 31, 2010, 8:14:30 PM8/31/10

4.1. Contested Cards

Some of the cards in the game represent unique resources, such as
specific locations, equipment or people. These cards will be
identified as "unique" in their card text. In addition, all crypt
cards represent unique minions. If more than one unique card with the
same name is brought into play, that means control of the card is
being contested. For the duration of the contest, all of the contested
cards are turned face down and are out of play. If another unique card
with the same name is brought into play, it is **immediately**
contested and turned face down as well.

So the order is

1 check capacity
2 check card text
3 check uniqueness

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/cd912f43065fa72b?hl=en&dmode=print

So if you transferred 4 counters onto Jacob the Glitch 2 would flow
off, then his capacity would increase due to text?

Juggernaut1981

Aug 31, 2010, 9:59:32 PM8/31/10
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/cd91...

> So if you transferred 4 counters onto Jacob the Glitch 2 would flow
> off, then his capacity would increase due to text?- Hide quoted text -

Check Uniqueness
Check Capacity
Check Text

Wedge

Aug 31, 2010, 10:12:32 PM8/31/10

Then an anarch convert would contest before you could use his special.

Juggernaut1981

Sep 1, 2010, 3:00:41 AM9/1/10
> > Check Uniqueness
> > Check Capacity
> > Check Text
>
> Then an anarch convert would contest before you could use his special.- Hide quoted text -

The Convert would check at the same time as Uniqueness would check.
Instead of contesting you MAY remove it before that point. Unlike
Jacob... Points highlighted below.

Anarch Convert
Clan: Caitiff (group 0)
Capacity: 1
Powers (Disciplines):
Independent. Anarch: **When the convert enters play, you may remove
him from the game** to make a non-titled vampire you control anarch
and either gain 1 pool or draw a card from your crypt.

Jacob, The Glitch
Clan: Tremere antitribu (group 3)
Capacity: 2
Disciplines: THA
Sabbat: Jacob's capacity is increased by 4 **while he is controlled**.
Your predator can use a master phase action to discard a master card
to force you to discard your hand. Draw back up to your hand size
afterward.

floppyzedolfin

Sep 1, 2010, 3:54:16 AM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 9:00 am, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 12:12 pm, Wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Aug 31, 6:59 pm, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Check Uniqueness
> > > Check Capacity
> > > Check Text
>
> > Then an anarch convert would contest before you could use his special.- Hide quoted text -
>
> The Convert would check at the same time as Uniqueness would check.
> Instead of contesting you MAY remove it before that point.  Unlike
> Jacob... Points highlighted below.

First move to ready region:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d56f896a7175c74f

As the vampire moves to the ready region, "as he / she enters play"
effects are triggered. For instance :
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/209ab7c438407573
[Victor Pelletier]

I suppose that cardtext (which contains information such as
uniqueness) is checked at that time. (rulebook uses "brought into
play" instead of "when enters play", but I think we can safely assume
they have the same meaning).

Wedge

Sep 1, 2010, 2:09:46 PM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 12:54 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 9:00 am, Juggernaut1981 <brasscompo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Then an anarch convert would contest before you could use his special.- Hide quoted text -
>
> > The Convert would check at the same time as Uniqueness would check.
> > Instead of contesting you MAY remove it before that point.  Unlike
> > Jacob... Points highlighted below.
>
> First move to ready region:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d56f...

> As the vampire moves to the ready region, "as he / she enters play"
> effects are triggered. For instance :http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/209a...

> [Victor Pelletier]
>
> I suppose that cardtext (which contains information such as
> uniqueness) is checked at that time. (rulebook uses "brought into
> play" instead of "when enters play", but I think we can safely assume
> they have the same meaning).

From

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/post?hl=en&inreplyto=209ab7c438407573&forward=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Frec.games.trading-cards.jyhad%2Fbrowse_thread%2Fthread%2Fba4f6c60ffea8b8a%2F2f817387ca526e2d%3Fhl%3Den%26lnk%3Dgst%26q%3Dwormwood%2Bcontest%26&

we see that capacity does not take priority over contesting.

and from

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/post?inreplyto=46d91f309a98a642&forward=1&_done=%2Fgroup%2Frec.games.trading-cards.jyhad%2Fbrowse_thread%2Fthread%2F76b9fbc07686ba04%2F9ae0a41908d34e57%3Flnk%3Dgst%26q%3Dscarce%2Bcontest%26&

we see that enters play may (in some cases must) take place before
contesting.

So that means there is a distinction between IS PUT (in play) and
ENTERS (play).
Truth be told, I thought they were the same.

LSJ

Sep 1, 2010, 2:16:27 PM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 2:09 pm, Wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 1, 12:54 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The Convert would check at the same time as Uniqueness would check.
> > > Instead of contesting you MAY remove it before that point.  Unlike
> > > Jacob... Points highlighted below.
>
> > First move to ready region:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d56f...
>
> > As the vampire moves to the ready region, "as he / she enters play"
> > effects are triggered. For instance :http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/209a...
> > [Victor Pelletier]
>
> > I suppose that cardtext (which contains information such as
> > uniqueness) is checked at that time. (rulebook uses "brought into
> > play" instead of "when enters play", but I think we can safely assume
> > they have the same meaning).
>
> From
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/post?hl=...

> we see that capacity does not take priority over contesting.
>
> and from
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/post?inr...

> we see that enters play may (in some cases must) take place before
> contesting.
>
> So that means there is a distinction between IS PUT (in play) and
> ENTERS (play).
> Truth be told, I thought they were the same.

Your links are teh borken, but you're right about the terms: they both
mean "is played", as far as crypt cards are concerned.

So REVERSAL: You can use Paulo's ability before the extra blood drains
off.

Wedge

Sep 1, 2010, 2:30:24 PM9/1/10

Great, now I can make that crappy deck I was thinking about.

I also understand the influence phase better.

Thank You,
Matt

XZealot

Sep 1, 2010, 2:54:23 PM9/1/10

Sweet Turbo Paulo Descent into Darkness Deck Blammo!

Robert Scythe

Sep 1, 2010, 3:47:56 PM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 11:54 am, XZealot <xzea...@cox.net> wrote:

> Sweet Turbo Paulo Descent into Darkness Deck Blammo!

Soon to be in a bargain basement bin at a Deck Building shop near you!

Haze

Sep 1, 2010, 5:52:16 PM9/1/10
On Sep 1, 1:16 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

Does this apply to Hermana Hambrienta's ability also? So if 3 blood
are on the 2 cap vampire when influenced, it can burn 2 blood before
the extra blood is drained, and then be ready with 1 blood remaining,
right?

Sabbat. Mexico City Circle: Hermanas are not unique. When moved to the
ready region in your influence phase, this vampire burns 2 blood or is
burned.

Juggernaut1981

Sep 1, 2010, 7:50:20 PM9/1/10
> Sweet Turbo Paulo Descent into Darkness Deck Blammo!- Hide quoted text -

Um, Paulo lacks [obt]...

LSJ

Sep 2, 2010, 9:44:01 AM9/2/10

No. http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/6ea9cad6173fc938

Meaning the original answer for Paulo was correct: The blood drains
off before it can be moved.
(REVERSAL of the REVERSAL above).

Sorry about that.

XZealot

Sep 2, 2010, 10:55:18 AM9/2/10
> No.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/6ea9...

> Meaning the original answer for Paulo was correct: The blood drains
> off before it can be moved.
> (REVERSAL of the REVERSAL above).
>
> Sorry about that.

Thank got Paulo doesn't have obtenebration, because that could have
been a disaster!

Wedge

Sep 2, 2010, 4:37:17 PM9/2/10
> No.http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/6ea9...

> Meaning the original answer for Paulo was correct: The blood drains
> off before it can be moved.
> (REVERSAL of the REVERSAL above).
>
> Sorry about that.

No worries, but I am confused again.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/209ab7c438407573?hl=en&dmode=print

I hope I got the link right this time.

It seems to me that this contradicts. I believe this implies "as
played" is before both capacity check and contesting.
Nothing in 4.1 or 7.0 of the rulebook lead me to think otherwise.

4.1. Contested Cards

Some of the cards in the game represent unique resources, such as
specific locations, equipment or people. These cards will be
identified as "unique" in their card text. In addition, all crypt
cards represent unique minions. If more than one unique card with the
same name is brought into play, that means control of the card is
being contested. For the duration of the contest, all of the contested
cards are turned face down and are out of play. If another unique card
with the same name is brought into play, it is **immediately**
contested and turned face down as well.

7. Influence Phase

At the end of your influence phase, any vampire in your uncontrolled
region with a number of blood counters on him equal to (or more than)
his capacity becomes controlled. The vampire is turned face up and
moved to the ready region, untapped. The counters are kept on him to
represent his blood (counters in excess of his capacity drain off
immediately as usual). Other types of crypt cards are handled
similarly.

Who cares if, someone can choose to pay 3 for a 2cap with 1 blood.
When they could pay 4 for a 4cap with 2 blood and fortitude.

Scourge of the Enochians - blah blah blah

LSJ

Sep 2, 2010, 5:23:24 PM9/2/10
to vtes-...@yahoo-groups.com
On Sep 2, 4:37 pm, Wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Meaning the original answer for Paulo was correct: The blood drains
> > off before it can be moved.
> > (REVERSAL of the REVERSAL above).
>
> > Sorry about that.
>
> No worries, but I am confused again.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/209a...

> I hope I got the link right this time.

It's got a "print me" embedded in it, but at least it's usable.
What you want is the URL behind the: "more options" -> "individual
message" link.

> It seems to me that this contradicts. I believe this implies "as

That's because you're paying attention. :-)

> played" is before both capacity check and contesting.
> Nothing in 4.1 or 7.0 of the rulebook lead me to think otherwise.
>
> 4.1. Contested Cards
>
> Some of the cards in the game represent unique resources, such as
> specific locations, equipment or people. These cards will be
> identified as "unique" in their card text. In addition, all crypt
> cards represent unique minions. If more than one unique card with the
> same name is brought into play, that means control of the card is
> being contested. For the duration of the contest, all of the contested
> cards are turned face down and are out of play. If another unique card
> with the same name is brought into play, it is **immediately**
> contested and turned face down as well.
>
> 7. Influence Phase
>
> At the end of your influence phase, any vampire in your uncontrolled
> region with a number of blood counters on him equal to (or more than)
> his capacity becomes controlled. The vampire is turned face up and
> moved to the ready region, untapped. The counters are kept on him to
> represent his blood (counters in excess of his capacity drain off
> immediately as usual). Other types of crypt cards are handled
> similarly.
>
> Who cares if, someone can choose to pay 3 for a 2cap with 1 blood.
> When they could pay 4 for a 4cap with 2 blood and fortitude.

Well, I'm sure someone cares. But that's not exactly the whole issue.

I think the best solution to make everything non-conflicting and
rulebook-matching is to make the over-capacity blood get handled
first, as part of the "play the crypt card" mechanic.

(Which would be a REVERSAL of the ruling you cited above, whose basic
link is
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2f817387ca526e2d
)

So:

Influence (Discipline cards don't apply at this point.)
Drain excess (Discipline cards' capacity bonuses support blood at this
point.)
Do "as played" stuff.
Begin contesting.

Wedge

Sep 2, 2010, 5:35:54 PM9/2/10
> link ishttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2f81...

> )
>
> So:
>
> Influence (Discipline cards don't apply at this point.)
> Drain excess (Discipline cards' capacity bonuses support blood at this
> point.)
> Do "as played" stuff.
> Begin contesting.

Makes since to me. And that's all I wanted.

Thank you Scott

Vincent

Sep 3, 2010, 10:48:23 AM9/3/10
> link ishttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/2f81...

> )
>
> So:
>
> Influence (Discipline cards don't apply at this point.)
> Drain excess (Discipline cards' capacity bonuses support blood at this
> point.)
> Do "as played" stuff.
> Begin contesting.

Does it change anything to Jacob whose text isn't "as played" but
"while controlled" ? = if I influence 4 on Jacob, does it keep his 4
blood or only 2?

Name: Jacob, The Glitch
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Tremere antitribu
Group: 3
Capacity: 2
Discipline: THA
Sabbat:
Jacob's capacity is increased by 4 while he is controlled. Your

Wedge

Sep 3, 2010, 11:38:14 AM9/3/10

IANLSJ but, I believe most cards if not all that affect capacity (if
not all cards on a vampire) are while controlled.

Tariq, the Silent, 7, AUS cel FOR OBF QUI, Assamite, 2, [FN:U2]
Independent: Tariq's capacity is reduced by 4 while he is CONTROLLED.
Tariq can enter combat with a vampire controlled by another Methuselah
as a (D) action. Blood hunts cannot be called on Tariq. The Blood
Curse doesn't affect Tariq.