contest questions (LSJ)

Stone

Jul 20, 2009, 6:31:14 AM7/20/09
1/ Wormwood is in play (10 counters). One copy of Arika is in play. A 2nd
copy of Arika is brought into play and enters the contest. Does the 2nd
Arika lose blood to Wormwood before entering the contest ? I don't think so,
but would like to confirm.

2/ If an uncontrolled vampire of X capacity has X+1 counters at the end of
influence phase and enters the contest, does the extra blood roll off
immediately, or would it wait until the next untap phase (provided the
contest is won) ? I guess the latter.

2-1/ follow-up : if the extra blood rolls off, would it make a withdraw
attempt fail ?

3/ If an influenced Tariq enters a contest, does his special kick in before
entering the contest ? I guess not

4/ If an influenced Victor Pelletier enters a contest, can you use his
special (When Victor enters play, you may pay 1 pool... ) before he actually
is contested ? I guess you can, same template as Anarch Convert (i.e. you
can use the Convert's ability "When the convert enters play..." even though
the Convert is about to enter a contest).

5/ If a vampire of capacity X has Grand Madre de Dio and a vampire of X-1
capacity is influenced and enters a contest, does the Grand Madre effect
kick in (When your predator or prey puts a minion in play in any phase...) ?
I guess not (well depends of whether "puts into play" means "really put it
into play" or "putting into play" or something).

thanks
Stone

LSJ

Jul 20, 2009, 6:48:26 AM7/20/09
Stone wrote:
> 1/ Wormwood is in play (10 counters). One copy of Arika is in play. A 2nd
> copy of Arika is brought into play and enters the contest. Does the 2nd
> Arika lose blood to Wormwood before entering the contest ? I don't think so,
> but would like to confirm.

Correct. (A similar fate awaits Tariq if contested).

> 2/ If an uncontrolled vampire of X capacity has X+1 counters at the end of
> influence phase and enters the contest, does the extra blood roll off
> immediately, or would it wait until the next untap phase (provided the
> contest is won) ? I guess the latter.

Correct.

> 2-1/ follow-up : if the extra blood rolls off, would it make a withdraw
> attempt fail ?

Moot, but yes.

> 3/ If an influenced Tariq enters a contest, does his special kick in before
> entering the contest ? I guess not

Correct.

> 4/ If an influenced Victor Pelletier enters a contest, can you use his
> special (When Victor enters play, you may pay 1 pool... ) before he actually
> is contested ? I guess you can, same template as Anarch Convert (i.e. you
> can use the Convert's ability "When the convert enters play..." even though
> the Convert is about to enter a contest).

Correct.

> 5/ If a vampire of capacity X has Grand Madre de Dio and a vampire of X-1
> capacity is influenced and enters a contest, does the Grand Madre effect
> kick in (When your predator or prey puts a minion in play in any phase...) ?
> I guess not (well depends of whether "puts into play" means "really put it
> into play" or "putting into play" or something).

Gran Madre di Dio.
Correct.

Blooded Sand

Jul 21, 2009, 3:29:14 AM7/21/09
On Jul 20, 12:48 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Stone wrote:

> > 3/ If an influenced Tariq enters a contest, does his special kick in before
> > entering the contest ? I guess not
>
> Correct.

3.1 Can a contested vampire be merged?
3.1.1 If Tariq can be merged while being contested, would Tarig
(merged) be at full blood when he comes into play then?

LSJ

Jul 21, 2009, 6:34:49 AM7/21/09
Blooded Sand wrote:
> On Jul 20, 12:48 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Stone wrote:
>
>>> 3/ If an influenced Tariq enters a contest, does his special kick in before
>>> entering the contest ? I guess not
>> Correct.
>
> 3.1 Can a contested vampire be merged?

No. (Although a merged vampire can be contested, before anyone takes my answer
the wrong way.)