Google Ryhmät ei enää tue uusia Usenet-postauksia tai ‐tilauksia. Aiempi sisältö on edelleen nähtävissä.

REC: Creamy Raspberry Fondue

2 katselukertaa
Siirry ensimmäiseen lukemattomaan viestiin

Damsel in dis Dress

lukematon,
4.8.2001 klo 2.03.244.8.2001
vastaanottaja
On Tuesday night, we (Gargoylle, Crash, and I) had our fondue dinner. We
had steak, shrimp, and scallops cooked in oil; bread, asparagus, and
broccoli in cheese; and angel food and pound cake in raspberry sauce. The
raspberry fondue was the hit of the evening, and with good reason. It's
spectacular!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Creamy Raspberry Fondue

Recipe By : Fondue and Tabletop Cooking
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : desserts fondue
fruits

4 ounces whipped cream cheese
20 ounces raspberries, frozen -- thawed
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup brandy

Let cream cheese come to room temperature. In saucepan crush
raspberries slightly. Blend together cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water;
add to berries. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Sieve;
discard seeds. Pour into fondue pot; place over fondue burner. Add
cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in sugar; gradually add
brandy. Spear fruit or cake cube with fondue fork; dip in fondue.

Suggested dippers: Pound cake, pears, peaches.

Source:
"Better Homes and Gardens"
Copyright:
"1970 Meredith Corporation"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Damsel, social secretary to Gar and Crash
--
Damsel's Unofficial Web Home of RFC:
http://home.att.net/~edible-complex/rfc/

Cyndi

lukematon,
4.8.2001 klo 13.54.184.8.2001
vastaanottaja
Thank you Ms. Damsel. I'm saving this one, for sure!

--
Cyndi

ari...@pepper.eajenkins.earthlink.net

lukematon,
4.8.2001 klo 16.25.214.8.2001
vastaanottaja
On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 06:03:24 GMT, Damsel in dis Dress
<dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote:
>On Tuesday night, we (Gargoylle, Crash, and I) had our fondue dinner. We
>had steak, shrimp, and scallops cooked in oil; bread, asparagus, and
>broccoli in cheese; and angel food and pound cake in raspberry sauce. The
>raspberry fondue was the hit of the evening, and with good reason. It's
>spectacular!
[snipped delicious-looking recipe]

Ooh, this one looks like a keeper. I'm dreaming of a plate
of cubed pound cake and chocolate cake for dipping in raspberry
sauce... :)

Ariane

Gargoylle

lukematon,
5.8.2001 klo 10.31.155.8.2001
vastaanottaja

Not being much of a sweet eater, I didn't get around to trying the
cheese cake we made until last night. I topped it with the raspberry
sauce. Both the items might give me a sweet tooth. Wonderful stuff!

Gar

Damsel in dis Dress

lukematon,
5.8.2001 klo 10.55.365.8.2001
vastaanottaja
ari...@pepper.eajenkins.earthlink.net () wrote:

> Ooh, this one looks like a keeper. I'm dreaming of a plate
>of cubed pound cake and chocolate cake for dipping in raspberry
>sauce... :)

We're thinking of dipping brownies into it the next time. And there WILL
be a next time!

Damsel

0 uutta viestiä