REC: Creamy Raspberry Fondue

Damsel in dis Dress

Aug 4, 2001, 2:03:24 AM8/4/01
On Tuesday night, we (Gargoylle, Crash, and I) had our fondue dinner. We
had steak, shrimp, and scallops cooked in oil; bread, asparagus, and
broccoli in cheese; and angel food and pound cake in raspberry sauce. The
raspberry fondue was the hit of the evening, and with good reason. It's
spectacular!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Creamy Raspberry Fondue

Recipe By : Fondue and Tabletop Cooking
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : desserts fondue
fruits

4 ounces whipped cream cheese
20 ounces raspberries, frozen -- thawed
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup brandy

Let cream cheese come to room temperature. In saucepan crush
raspberries slightly. Blend together cornstarch and 1/2 cup cold water;
add to berries. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Sieve;
discard seeds. Pour into fondue pot; place over fondue burner. Add
cream cheese, stirring until melted. Stir in sugar; gradually add
brandy. Spear fruit or cake cube with fondue fork; dip in fondue.

Suggested dippers: Pound cake, pears, peaches.

Source:
"Better Homes and Gardens"
Copyright:
"1970 Meredith Corporation"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Damsel, social secretary to Gar and Crash
--
Damsel's Unofficial Web Home of RFC:
http://home.att.net/~edible-complex/rfc/

Cyndi

Aug 4, 2001, 1:54:18 PM8/4/01
Thank you Ms. Damsel. I'm saving this one, for sure!

--
Cyndi

ari...@pepper.eajenkins.earthlink.net

Aug 4, 2001, 4:25:21 PM8/4/01
On Sat, 04 Aug 2001 06:03:24 GMT, Damsel in dis Dress
<dam...@spam-me-not.postmark.net> wrote:
>On Tuesday night, we (Gargoylle, Crash, and I) had our fondue dinner. We
>had steak, shrimp, and scallops cooked in oil; bread, asparagus, and
>broccoli in cheese; and angel food and pound cake in raspberry sauce. The
>raspberry fondue was the hit of the evening, and with good reason. It's
>spectacular!
[snipped delicious-looking recipe]

Ooh, this one looks like a keeper. I'm dreaming of a plate
of cubed pound cake and chocolate cake for dipping in raspberry
sauce... :)

Ariane

Gargoylle

Aug 5, 2001, 10:31:15 AM8/5/01

Not being much of a sweet eater, I didn't get around to trying the
cheese cake we made until last night. I topped it with the raspberry
sauce. Both the items might give me a sweet tooth. Wonderful stuff!

Gar

Damsel in dis Dress

Aug 5, 2001, 10:55:36 AM8/5/01
ari...@pepper.eajenkins.earthlink.net () wrote:

> Ooh, this one looks like a keeper. I'm dreaming of a plate
>of cubed pound cake and chocolate cake for dipping in raspberry
>sauce... :)

We're thinking of dipping brownies into it the next time. And there WILL
be a next time!

Damsel