Took some photos in the shop today....

Gunner

Dec 29, 2012, 12:08:48 AM12/29/12
Pardon the dust and a little rust.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#

Just my hobby shop. Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug

1. Lie

jon_banquer

Dec 29, 2012, 12:13:09 AM12/29/12
What a shit hole.

Fred C. Dobbs

Dec 29, 2012, 12:26:28 AM12/29/12
On 12/28/2012 9:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#

Just looks like junk. No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.

know what's good for you, you won't monkey around with Fred C. Dobbs.

Ray Keller

Dec 29, 2012, 12:36:33 AM12/29/12

"Gunner" <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
> Just my hobby shop. Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
> the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
> again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug

Nice!

Steve from Colorado

Dec 29, 2012, 12:38:50 AM12/29/12
On 12/28/2012 10:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
> Just my hobby shop. Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
> the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
> again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug

Quite impressive. Thanks for sharing.

Gunner

Dec 29, 2012, 1:36:34 AM12/29/12
On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:26:28 -0800, "Fred C. Dobbs"
<trea...@sierramadre.con> wrote:

>On 12/28/2012 9:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
>> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>>
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
>Just looks like junk. No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.

Earn a living? What part of "hobby shop" did you fail to understand?

Oh..thats right...all of it was beyond you.

If its not based on modeling clay..you arent allowed to touch it.

And only edible clay at that.

Gunner

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Dec 29, 2012, 12:47:52 PM12/29/12
<trea...@sierramadre.con> wrote:

>On 12/28/2012 9:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
>> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>>
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
>Just looks like junk. No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.
It's obvious some people have never seen what can come out of some
"third world" shops. I've seen many that make that look like a
"sterile environment" - and turn out some beautiful work.

I'll bet half the chinese and Indian job shops that much of North
America outsources to are no better.

Jonathan Banquer

Dec 29, 2012, 12:55:27 PM12/29/12
On Dec 29, 9:47 am, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:26:28 -0800, "Fred C. Dobbs"

I've seen plenty of the equipment that comes out of "third world"
shops like Gummer's. It has to be stripped down and completely rebuilt
if you want a decent piece of equipment.

Many of the more successful Chinese shops are modernizing and
improving.

Steve B

Dec 29, 2012, 1:14:44 PM12/29/12

> On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:26:28 -0800, "Fred C. Dobbs"
> <trea...@sierramadre.con> wrote:
>
>>On 12/28/2012 9:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
>>> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>>>
>>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>>
>>Just looks like junk. No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.
>
> Earn a living? What part of "hobby shop" did you fail to understand?
>
> Oh..thats right...all of it was beyond you.
>
> If its not based on modeling clay..you arent allowed to touch it.
>
> And only edible clay at that.
>
> Gunner

One could look inside my shop, and see "worthless junk", and then others see
just what they're looking for, and get out that fat wallet.

It's all in the eye, and it takes a while to learn that.

I got a new neighbor. He's a former biker, but likes to tinker with motors.
So far, he has fixed two ATVs. Cost - zero. Cost at a shop, probably a
couple of hundred. I got him five mowers, an edger, and a gas trimmer,
either free, or $5-10 at yard sales. We started a coffee can, and both
kicked in a Franklin. Now I'm going to bring in stuff, he's going to get it
running, and we'll raid the coffee can as needed. So far,we got about a
$500 inventory, $175 in the coffee can, and an outlay of about $25.

Some people would look at this stuff and see junk. I see money. And I
ain't above wheeling in to a curb on trash day, or dumpster diving to save a
treasure.

A clean shop is the sign of a sick mind.

Steve

Jon Elson

Dec 29, 2012, 1:40:29 PM12/29/12
jon_banquer wrote:

> What a shit hole.
Well, actually, doesn't look that much worse than my production
shop. I don't have much dust or dogs to worry about, but
I do have some junk and materials sitting around.

Jon

clark

Dec 29, 2012, 2:26:28 PM12/29/12
to gunner...@gmail.com
Gunner,
Thanks for posting that.
What fraction of the time are you working on hobby stuff in the shop and what fraction are you on the computer?

I was 50/50 until 2012 hunting season. Since I am just on the computer:(

Jonathan Banquer

Dec 29, 2012, 2:28:01 PM12/29/12
How does your production shop compare to this one?

http://www.pyramidprecision.com/

How did this shop grow to this size and become as successful as they
are? Part of the reason they do so well is that they know that trying
to produce tight tolerance parts in a shit hole doesn't make good
business sense.

They do work for Cymer and Solar Turbines. If Cymer or Solar sent
their people over to your shit hole they would stop doing business
with you immediately. If they were looking for quality production
shops to do their work your shop would not be considered.

RogerN

Dec 29, 2012, 3:35:44 PM12/29/12
"Gunner" wrote in message
> [...]
Don't you feel the need to spend thousands of dollars on your place fixing
it up so your property value will increase? Just think of the advantage of
being able to pay more property tax every year because you spent money and
labor on your place to make it more pleasing to other peoples eyes!

Some around here build their house inside a pole barn just to save on
property taxes. I can't figure out how the government thinks they deserve a
reward because a person fixes their place up. I'll take a shit hole in
appearance over paying a premium for a premium home plus paying another
premium in property taxes. My grandfathers home was around $1000 per month
in property taxes alone because he spent his life earnings to have a nice
retirement home.

When I visited Germany I saw many old homes, we were told that a price for a
modest home was 500,000 (euros or dollars?). They spend this kind of money
to have a house that will last 300 years but I didn't meet anyone that had
lived in their house for 300 years. I think the Israelites had the right
idea when they lived in tents. I want more than a tent, but nothing
elaborate.

RogerN

Too_Many_Tools

Dec 29, 2012, 3:50:49 PM12/29/12
This is a common ploy of Gummer's...been repeated many times in the
past.

When he realizes that he has burnt his bridges, he feels the need to
rebuild cred to cover his tracks.

Now if in the future he restricts himself to posting METALWORKING ONLY
related posts I will be happy as will the rest of the RCM group.

My opinion..not a chance in Hell that will happen.

TMT

Mighty Wannabe

Dec 29, 2012, 3:53:59 PM12/29/12
Very impressive. This is no sissy stuff. Most women would have no idea
what those are. Those are real man's toys.

Winston_Smith

Dec 29, 2012, 4:07:27 PM12/29/12
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:50:49 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
<too_man...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Now if in the future he restricts himself to posting METALWORKING ONLY
>related posts I will be happy as will the rest of the RCM group.

Why are you bitching about metal working only but doing it in
alt.survival and misc.survivalism?

Face it, you and Gunner are the same sort of animal. Political zealots
that just have to inflict yourselves on every aspect of life.

(Yes, I know I sent this to the two metal groups also as I'm
commenting on posts that have appeared there AND are spam to both
pairs of groups.)

Ignoramus6127

Dec 29, 2012, 4:16:57 PM12/29/12
On 2012-12-29, Steve B <ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One could look inside my shop, and see "worthless junk", and then others see
> just what they're looking for, and get out that fat wallet.
>
> It's all in the eye, and it takes a while to learn that.
>
> I got a new neighbor. He's a former biker, but likes to tinker with motors.
> So far, he has fixed two ATVs. Cost - zero. Cost at a shop, probably a
> couple of hundred. I got him five mowers, an edger, and a gas trimmer,
> either free, or $5-10 at yard sales. We started a coffee can, and both
> kicked in a Franklin. Now I'm going to bring in stuff, he's going to get it
> running, and we'll raid the coffee can as needed. So far,we got about a
> $500 inventory, $175 in the coffee can, and an outlay of about $25.
>
> Some people would look at this stuff and see junk. I see money. And I
> ain't above wheeling in to a curb on trash day, or dumpster diving to save a
> treasure.
>
> A clean shop is the sign of a sick mind.

I am the same way 100%.

And the best is, walk into a shop, see treasures, but the owner sees
only junk. "I can buy that pile of metal in the corner and on two
pallets for $30".

Too_Many_Tools

Dec 29, 2012, 4:22:42 PM12/29/12
> RogerN- Hide quoted text -

LOL..Roger lives in a shithole worse than Gummers.

Figures.

But I bet that Roger has more mop handles than Gummer.

Laugh..laugh..laugh...

TMT

Basement Bandy

Dec 29, 2012, 4:29:51 PM12/29/12
I'd expect that with most non-union shops. They couldn't modernize if
it slapped 'em in the face. They tend to wanna do things their own
way. The way their fathers and grandfathers and on and on do things.
(they'd probably say something like "this is how we've been doing
things for thousands of years" - Pathetic)

Basement Bandy

Dec 29, 2012, 4:33:11 PM12/29/12
On Dec 29, 3:35 pm, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote:
> "Gunner"  wrote in message

> >Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> >https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
> >Just my hobby shop.  Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
> >the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
> >again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug
>
> >The methodology of the left has always been:
>
> >1. Lie
> >2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible
> >3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible
> >4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie
> >5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw
> >6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
>
>Don't you feel the need to spend thousands of dollars on your place
fixing
> it up so your property value will increase?  Just think of the advantage

Pearls. Swine.

jon_banquer

Dec 29, 2012, 4:36:51 PM12/29/12
Cleanliness and modernization have nothing to do with being a union or
non-union shop. It has to do with the ability to more easily produce
very close tolerance parts. Dust, dirt, etc. are not your friend when
you're trying to machine and inspect close tolerance parts.

Ignoramus6127

Dec 29, 2012, 4:45:25 PM12/29/12
On 2012-12-29, Gunner <gunne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:26:28 -0800, "Fred C. Dobbs"
><trea...@sierramadre.con> wrote:
>
>>On 12/28/2012 9:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
>>> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>>>
>>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>>
>>Just looks like junk. No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.
>
> Earn a living? What part of "hobby shop" did you fail to understand?
>
> Oh..thats right...all of it was beyond you.
>
> If its not based on modeling clay..you arent allowed to touch it.

And it is easy to make money with such a shop also.

Gunner

Dec 29, 2012, 4:51:29 PM12/29/12
Most of this stuff Was stripped down and completely rebuilt.
<VBG>

Did you notice the gear box from the Hardinge tool room lathe on the
bench in the machine end of the shop? Its being rebuilt. Then my
1989 Hardinge will be accurate again when cutting threads.

I just dont spend a lot of time worrying about paint. Shrug

You seem to forget what I do for a living.

>Many of the more successful Chinese shops are modernizing and
>improving.

So are the Maquadoras.

And? This is my hobby shop. Where I go and putter in the evenings and
on weekends.

And the fun part is..I dont have $5k invested in all of it. That
includes fuel to go pick it up.

<VBG>

Gunner

jon_banquer

Dec 29, 2012, 4:52:59 PM12/29/12
On Dec 29, 1:45 pm, Ignoramus6127 <ignoramus6...@NOSPAM.6127.invalid>
wrote:
Yeah, right.

Gummer is getting rich and making a pile of dough doing machining work
in his shit hole of a shop.

Gunner

Dec 29, 2012, 4:54:32 PM12/29/12
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 14:35:44 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
wrote:
Crom no!

Hell...that rollup door on the end hardly ever gets opened.
Frankly..I dont want the neighbors or the tax collector to see what I
have in there. In fact...they just dropped my property taxes to $220
a year. <VBG>

And I live in California.

Gunner

Gunner

Dec 29, 2012, 5:01:50 PM12/29/12
Ive taught women to run many of those machines along with a few local
kids. One of my roommates wants me to set up one of the CNC lathes I
have tucked away out in the bone yard so she can make jewelry on it.

Anybody who wants to learn to machine, or to see how its done is more
than welcome to come over and make chips.
Ive got some retired guys who use the stuff regularly as well. Have a
friend in a wheel chair about 70ish who was a machinist for Chevron
that comes over..but its not set up for wheelchair work very well..so
I got the guy his own Southbend lathe and a couple of us rigged up his
garage into his own workshop and set him up fopr wheel chair access.
But he comes over to visit and critique my work pretty regularly. I
think his wife appreciates having the old fart out of the
house...chuckle

Gunner

whoyakidding

Dec 29, 2012, 5:59:11 PM12/29/12
Right. Even a crummy shop can earn a good living provided the owner
has the skills and knows how to get off his ass. Otherwise it's just a
collection of crap that others threw out, and that the penniless
hoarder himself defines as a "hobby shop" while relaxing on his
computer TALKING about working.

whoyakidding

Dec 29, 2012, 6:01:50 PM12/29/12
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 13:51:29 -0800, Gunner <gunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>And the fun part is..I dont have $5k invested in all of it. That
>includes fuel to go pick it up.

What's "fun" about that? It only proves that a lifetime of imagined
heroic endeavors can't pay for squat. Teens with summer jobs have
earned more in a few months.

whoyakidding

Dec 29, 2012, 6:03:24 PM12/29/12
wrote:

>Don't you feel the need to spend thousands of dollars on your place fixing
>it up so your property value will increase? Just think of the advantage of
>being able to pay more property tax every year because you spent money and
>labor on your place to make it more pleasing to other peoples eyes!

Arf arf. Gunner has an even better plan: don't pay any taxes at all!
That way all the chumps with jobs pay for his healthcare and the roads
he uses to acquire his treasures. Imagine if everybody used his
system. Fortunately most people have some self esteem, unlike the two
of you.

>I want more than a tent, but nothing
> elaborate.

It's good to have dreams. Keep posting and someday maybe you'll be
able to afford a tired travel trailer... assuming somebody gave you a
singlewide to move down from.

jon_banquer

Dec 29, 2012, 6:10:05 PM12/29/12
On Dec 29, 2:59 pm, whoyakidding <whoyakidd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 15:45:25 -0600, Ignoramus6127
>

> <ignoramus6...@NOSPAM.6127.invalid> wrote:
> >On 2012-12-29, Gunner <gunnera...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Earn a living?  What part of "hobby shop" did you fail to understand?
>
> >> Oh..thats right...all of it was beyond you.
>
> >> If its not based on modeling clay..you arent allowed to touch it.
>
> >And it is easy to make money with such a shop also.
>
> Right. Even a crummy shop can earn a good living provided the owner
> has the skills and knows how to get off his ass. Otherwise it's just a
> collection of crap that others threw out, and that the penniless
> hoarder himself defines as a "hobby shop" while relaxing on his
> computer TALKING about working.

Crap equipment can make you a better machinist.You can get away with
crap equipment if time isn't a factor (when is time ever not a factor
in today's world?) but you still have to have the right mentality do
so close tolerance work.

Problem is that Gummer doesn't have either the mentality or the skill
set to do close tolerance work.

Note the lack decent inspection equipment or even a proper place to
inspect tight tolerance parts.

Stormin Mormon

Dec 29, 2012, 6:17:29 PM12/29/12
Being too material leads to stress.

Don't want to over do it, or you'll be two tents.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote in message

David Lesher

Dec 29, 2012, 6:56:07 PM12/29/12
The dust is optional, the dogs add soul.

Gunner

Dec 29, 2012, 7:20:57 PM12/29/12
Probably 35% computer, 45% shop, the remaining time is either spend
reading, or working in my reloading/electronics shop

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/HomeShop?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeUu5PErfKiRA#5773371299310252690

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/HomeShop?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeUu5PErfKiRA#5773371400551305954

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/HomeShop?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeUu5PErfKiRA#5773371332800995266

Now that winter is here that is. During the summer months...its
mostly out in the outside shop or in the hills or out at the lake on
one of the sail boats.

I do post a lot from a laptop out in the shop. Ill take a break from
puttering, read the messages, post and then go back to puttering.

In fact..Im out here right now. Im working on a 1891 Argentine
Engineers Carbine, Its missing the rear sight leaf and Im trying
various peep sights to see if I should put on a peep, or simply
manufacture a new rear replacement sight. Ive had it for at least 4
yrs..but cant remember where or when I got it. That stroke
thingy..shrug.

I found a LOT of bullet moulds and Stuff that I cant remember where
or when I got em. There is a hole from about 2007-2009 that is
"spongey" in my memory. Kinda like a jig saw puzzle with the odd
missing piece or 3.

I had a newsgroup reader on my cell phone..and decided to delete it.
It was taking far too much of my time.

Keep in mind..that I had heart surgery and then followed it up with a
nice stroke in 2009. And I didnt do anything at all except work or lay
around at home for over a year and a half while the brain was healing
up. My energy levels were very small, had no endurance and didnt
trust myself in many physical tasks. Thats has mostly..mostly changed
back to nearly normal. Im now 59 and dont have the stones I had 5 yrs
ago. Shrug.

I didnt reload a single round of ammo in those nearly 4 yrs and the
family used the reloading shop for "storage". I kinda zoned it..knew
I wasnt capable of doing serious load development for the first 2 yrs
and was more worried about trying to keep bread on the table than
spending time out there. Now that work has turned to utter shit..Ive
had more than enough time to get my ducks back in a row and have been
spending a fair amount of time doing exactly that.

Hell..Ive got machinery and a 1 ton van down in the LA area that I
need to get home as well. No money to get tags on the van, no money to
fix the forklift, etc etc. I can load the machines into my trailer
down there..but getting them out here at the homestead...is an issue.
Which is why Ive got a Hardinge DSM-59 sitting on the engine hoist at
the moment. I HAD to get it out of the going out of business shop 2
weeks ago. Now its sitting in the middle of the yard, in the
way..damnit.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#5827202839970991314

And Ive got another complete Feeler DSM-50 with all the accessories
out in the cargo container that I cant get out without the forklift..

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/NewForSale#5678315793966013074

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/NewForSale#5678315534047903506

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/NewForSale#5678316141286154322

Oh..and Ive forgotten this one.. I need some Turcite to finish
it...damnit. Its been pinned and welded and machined back to proper
working order..just need to get some turcite to do it right..

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/MakinoMill

Hell..Id forgotten that I even owned the van for a year after the
stroke. Ive mentioned before that I went into my buddies shop and he
asked me if he could move it.

Van? What van?
The van you parked out back.
I dont have a van
Sure you do
I had a van, but I gave it away to a friend a year ago.
No you didnt.
Yes I did!
Come with me
(sound of roll up door opening)

Ooooooh...I do own a van dont I?
Blush!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Van

Shrug..

This is what that Larios horizontal mill looked like when I found it.

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/Larios

Only took me 5 yrs to get around to fixing it up. Shrug

Working away from home 20-25 days a month for years..I didnt have a
lot of energy to get stuff done when I got home..or had family
responsiblities that got in the way. Or little money..shrug again.

Which reminds me..Ive got this 5x10 Brunswick snooker table that needs
to be sold to someone...early 20th century table....but cant move the
slate without the forklift.....

sigh.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Dec 29, 2012, 7:22:19 PM12/29/12
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 09:55:27 -0800 (PST), Jonathan Banquer
<jonatha...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 29, 9:47�am, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Dec 2012 21:26:28 -0800, "Fred C. Dobbs"
>>
>> <treas...@sierramadre.con> wrote:

>> >Just looks like junk. �No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.
>>
>> �It's obvious some people have never seen what can come out of some
>> "third world" shops. I've seen many that make that look like a
>> "sterile environment" - and turn out some beautiful work.
>>
>> I'll bet half the chinese and Indian job shops that much of North
>> America outsources to are no better.
>
>I've seen plenty of the equipment that comes out of "third world"
>shops like Gummer's. It has to be stripped down and completely rebuilt
>if you want a decent piece of equipment.
>
>Many of the more successful Chinese shops are modernizing and
>improving.
There are many shops in many parts of the world that do surprizingly
good work with a lot less than Gunner's shop has.Throughout central
America, Africa, and Asia. Keeping the dirt out is a full time job.

jon_banquer

Dec 29, 2012, 7:44:44 PM12/29/12
Right, because labor and the cost of living aren't a factor like they
are in America. Gummer has roommates for a reason. Gummer often
complains he's broke for a reason. I will grant him this: His
electronics / gun loading area looks a hell of a lot better than his
machining area does.

whoyakidding

Dec 29, 2012, 8:29:10 PM12/29/12
You're making perfect sense in general but none at all in the case at
hand. Anyone capable of accurate and profitable work with old
equipment would be capable of adding a fourth wall to his building and
sealing the floor, thereby dramatically lessening the dirt problem.
Instead of doing that he blames his dogs! And in the first world even
the smartest and most hard working with old equipment would be
fighting a major battle against the issues of time and efficiency.
Which would preclude the luxury of writing about his serial adventures
such as the 264 mph motorcycle ride. Them's the facts Jack.

David R. Birch

Dec 30, 2012, 1:41:25 AM12/30/12
On 12/29/2012 6:20 PM, Gunner wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 11:26:28 -0800 (PST), clark
> <clarkm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Gunner,
>> Thanks for posting that.
>> What fraction of the time are you working on hobby stuff in the shop and what fraction are you on the computer?
>>
>> I was 50/50 until 2012 hunting season. Since I am just on the computer:(
>
> Probably 35% computer, 45% shop, the remaining time is either spend
> reading, or working in my reloading/electronics shop
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/HomeShop?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeUu5PErfKiRA#5773371299310252690
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/HomeShop?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeUu5PErfKiRA#5773371400551305954
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/HomeShop?authkey=Gv1sRgCMeUu5PErfKiRA#5773371332800995266
>
> Now that winter is here that is. During the summer months...its
> mostly out in the outside shop or in the hills or out at the lake on
> one of the sail boats.
>
> I do post a lot from a laptop out in the shop. Ill take a break from
> puttering, read the messages, post and then go back to puttering.
>
> In fact..Im out here right now. Im working on a 1891 Argentine
> Engineers Carbine, Its missing the rear sight leaf and Im trying
> various peep sights to see if I should put on a peep, or simply
> manufacture a new rear replacement sight. Ive had it for at least 4
> yrs..but cant remember where or when I got it. That stroke
> thingy..shrug.

Did you check out that contact info I sent about the '91 carbine rear sight?

> I found a LOT of bullet moulds and Stuff that I cant remember where
> or when I got em. There is a hole from about 2007-2009 that is
> "spongey" in my memory. Kinda like a jig saw puzzle with the odd
> missing piece or 3.
>
> I had a newsgroup reader on my cell phone..and decided to delete it.
> It was taking far too much of my time.
>
> Keep in mind..that I had heart surgery and then followed it up with a
> nice stroke in 2009. And I didnt do anything at all except work or lay
> around at home for over a year and a half while the brain was healing
> up. My energy levels were very small, had no endurance and didnt
> trust myself in many physical tasks. Thats has mostly..mostly changed
> back to nearly normal. Im now 59 and dont have the stones I had 5 yrs
> ago. Shrug.

Have you checked out Strokenet?

<http://www.strokenetwork.org/>

My best buddy (since 4th grade) upstairs celebrated his 5th year since
his stroke on 12/27. To celebrate, he bought a Star Model S .380. He's
now a southpaw, as not much on the right side works well.

> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#5827202839970991314

DAMN!! I put a lot of hours a long time ago pounding out parts on one of
those. Turn off your mind, pound parts.

> Working away from home 20-25 days a month for years..I didnt have a
> lot of energy to get stuff done when I got home..or had family
> responsiblities that got in the way. Or little money..shrug again.
>
> Which reminds me..Ive got this 5x10 Brunswick snooker table that needs
> to be sold to someone...early 20th century table....but cant move the
> slate without the forklift.....

None of those companies had a clapped out forklift you could cobble back
together?

David

Jonathan Banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 1:54:52 AM12/30/12
On Dec 29, 4:22 pm, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:
Check out the pictures of the inspection equipment he has. Note the
lame attempt to try and protect said inspection equipment from dirt.
If you look closely at the bottom of the cabinet containing his
inspection equipment you can see just how much dirt has made its way
into the cabinet. He's an idiot who has no idea how to hold tight
tolerances or how to properly measure said tolerances.

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 5:02:35 AM12/30/12
Po ol Jonny the TV repair guy, bitching about the dial indicators and
extra Stuff Ive got stored in that cabinet.
So Jonny boi...a Tessla or B&S dial indicator that isnt in a box..is
no longer any good? oh prease Mr Johannsen..er Banqueer..tell me it
aint so!!!!

Snicker!!

Shit boi...you blind ? You didnt see the carefuly closed boxes that
hold the good stuff?
Second shelf down...5 sets of pin gages..from .005(!) all the way up
to 1"..all class Z or better

2 sets of gage blocks...one a Class A Mity and the other a class B
Pratt and Whitney ...the P&W I use nearly all the time if I need
blocks, along with (1) 5" sine bar and a 5" sine plate...oh..and a set
of Kern blocks..with about 3 of the smaller ones missing. The Mity
came out of a metro shop in a plant in Anaheim I closed down, the
other two were given to me when they upgraded to CMM and all new
ceramic blocks.

123 blocks up the ass, with ASA and Metric dimensions (and screw
threads)

(2) Starrett planer gauges, which I use regularly on both the shaper
and the horizontal mill. Well..I use (1)..the other is NOS

Ive got a half dozen or more dial test indicators...most are .0005 but
I have 3 that are .0001, plus a Mity tenths out in the truck.

Want me to take an inventory Jonny boi? Really?
I charge $75 an hour for customers, so send me a PO along with an RFI
and Ill get started right the fuck away. After the holidays. Oh..and
you will need to fill out a NDS. That ok with you? Any standard NDS
would be fine, as long as its signed and I have a lawyer look it over.
With your motor mouth..no one is gonna do business with you without an
NDS.

Was there anything else you needed? If so, fill out another PO and
RFI and Ill get one of the kids to start work on it..after the
holidays.

Ill be setting up a machine shop, empty building to First Article
sometime in January, 18 machines to install and make operational so
get your paperwork in else it goes farther down the stack. That ok
with you? Sinclair gets first priority. Pissants like you have to wait
your turn.

Jonathan Banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 8:12:16 AM12/30/12
On Dec 30, 2:02 am, Gunner <gunnera...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 22:54:52 -0800 (PST), Jonathan Banquer

When you're nailed all you can ever do is lie. I've never repaired a
TV in my life and the rest of your post is filled with the kind of
worthless ramblings that you're by now famous for.

Your shop is a complete shit hole and you're not capable of doing
quality, close tolerance machine work. About all you are capable of
doing is regurgitating the lies of losers.

Tom Gardner

Dec 30, 2012, 8:23:13 AM12/30/12
What are "close tolerance parts"? +/-???

Tom Gardner

Dec 30, 2012, 8:25:47 AM12/30/12
On 12/29/2012 6:03 PM, whoyakidding wrote:

> Arf arf. Gunner has an even better plan:

SIT! BEG! ROLL-OVER! SHAKE! Bad boy! quit humping Gunner's leg!

Tom Gardner

Dec 30, 2012, 8:29:53 AM12/30/12
On 12/29/2012 12:08 AM, Gunner wrote:
> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
> Just my hobby shop. Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
> the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
> again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug

Some people recognize what's important and what your organization is. I
see flecks of gold in that bucket of swarf. (I like some of your
"other" tool cabinets)

jon_banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 8:39:17 AM12/30/12
+/- .0001 is what I would consider a close tolerance part. Others may
have a different opinion.

An example of my idea of a different opinion:

You say you like to hire Hispanics because they work hard, are loyal
etc.

I say you like to hire people who don't question how you run Ohio
Brush.

jon_banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 8:46:03 AM12/30/12
"whoyakididing" post makes many very valid points about Gummers shit
hole of a shop. Your lame attempt to discredit his valid points
doesn't fly for those that understand what's needed to accomplish
close tolerance machining.

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 9:29:09 AM12/30/12
No I didnt, but thank you very much just the same. I got counting my
pennies and I didnt have the money to buy a rear sight and probably
wont for a while. Until either I take different employment or the
economy changes. Cringe... So Im simply going to have to make or
install something I may have on hand.

But I saved the contact information and many thanks again!!

>> I found a LOT of bullet moulds and Stuff that I cant remember where
>> or when I got em. There is a hole from about 2007-2009 that is
>> "spongey" in my memory. Kinda like a jig saw puzzle with the odd
>> missing piece or 3.
>>
>> I had a newsgroup reader on my cell phone..and decided to delete it.
>> It was taking far too much of my time.
>>
>> Keep in mind..that I had heart surgery and then followed it up with a
>> nice stroke in 2009. And I didnt do anything at all except work or lay
>> around at home for over a year and a half while the brain was healing
>> up. My energy levels were very small, had no endurance and didnt
>> trust myself in many physical tasks. Thats has mostly..mostly changed
>> back to nearly normal. Im now 59 and dont have the stones I had 5 yrs
>> ago. Shrug.
>
>Have you checked out Strokenet?
>
><http://www.strokenetwork.org/>
>
>My best buddy (since 4th grade) upstairs celebrated his 5th year since
>his stroke on 12/27. To celebrate, he bought a Star Model S .380. He's
>now a southpaw, as not much on the right side works well.

No! Many many thanks again!

I was VERY lucky. Ive got full use of both sides, with no residual
damage whatsoever. Just some dings in the memory for the most part.
Im not as fast with a handgun as I used to be, nor as good with a
sword or knife,..probably a 25% change ... and my endurance is about
50% of that it used to be. Nor am I as fast in wit or thinking
processes. I still crack one liners..but it takes me a couple seconds
longer now to form one. Before..they simply popped up in my head.

How much of this is aging..how much of this is the result of much
smaller blood vessels feeding the heart., and the stroke.I dont have a
clue. Crom knows they butchered my leg pretty well getting the veins
out.

Ive not been back to a doctor since the day I walked out of the
hospital after the stroke..and have been treating myself with herbal
and OTC meds for blood pressure, etc etc. I passed a heart
/blood/chlorestiral screen at the local cardiac center a month or two
ago with flying colors....so Im doing something right. Shrug

No insurance, the doctors want cash I dont have, just to get a
checkup...shrug. But Ive had a pretty decent medical background..so
check my BP etc etc, regularly..every couple days..the wife is a
cardiac care patient so we have all the tools...shrug.

>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#5827202839970991314
>
>DAMN!! I put a lot of hours a long time ago pounding out parts on one of
>those. Turn off your mind, pound parts.

Need another one? <G>

>> Working away from home 20-25 days a month for years..I didnt have a
>> lot of energy to get stuff done when I got home..or had family
>> responsiblities that got in the way. Or little money..shrug again.
>>
>> Which reminds me..Ive got this 5x10 Brunswick snooker table that needs
>> to be sold to someone...early 20th century table....but cant move the
>> slate without the forklift.....
>
>None of those companies had a clapped out forklift you could cobble back
>together?
>
>David

Nope. They all went to new owners. To repair my fork lift is only
about $250 max. 5 yrs ago..that would have been pocket change.

But today..Im feeding 6 adults and 2 grandchildren. As Im the sole
income...shrug.

My total gross income this year was $26, 275. Gross. Before fuel,
before food, before utilities etc etc. And Ive been feeding 4 until 4
months ago..when I moved the kids back in from Utah..which was another
4 mouths.

The DIL is going to be getting food stamps for her family..so that
will help a bit.

But Ill sell a gun or a machine and hopefuly a bill wont come in and
snatch the bucks like it has the last 4 times Id saved the cash, and
Ill be able to order the new parts for the carby and its computer.

shrug

At least Im alive and everything generally works well enough. Ive
been my own worst critic for years and Ive had to ease up on kicking
my own ass somewhat.

whoyakidding

Dec 30, 2012, 10:11:16 AM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 00:41:25 -0600, "David R. Birch"
<dbi...@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>On 12/29/2012 6:20 PM, Gunner wrote:

> Im working on a 1891 Argentine

>Did you check out that contact info I sent about the '91 carbine rear sight?

Nope, he can't afford it until Obama gets out from between him and his
precision production capability.

whoyakidding

Dec 30, 2012, 10:20:07 AM12/30/12
<dbi...@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>On 12/29/2012 6:20 PM, Gunner wrote:

>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#5827202839970991314
>
>DAMN!! I put a lot of hours a long time ago pounding out parts on one of
>those. Turn off your mind, pound parts.

It's a distance thing. His keyboard is closer and it calls to him...
"poundddd out morrrrre horseshiiiiiiiiit... poundddd out morrrrre
horseshiiiiiiiiit"

dca...@krl.org

Dec 30, 2012, 10:26:01 AM12/30/12
On Dec 29, 12:13 am, jon_banquer <jonbanq...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What a shit hole.

So post some pictures of your shop so we can see the difference. But
that is your shop I am asking about , not the shop of your employers.

Dan

dca...@krl.org

Dec 30, 2012, 10:29:25 AM12/30/12
On Dec 29, 12:26 am, "Fred C. Dobbs" <treas...@sierramadre.con> wrote:

> Just looks like junk.  No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.

So post a picture of your hobby shop.

I have not made any money from my shop. But I have made things for
school and museums, gave those thing away and charged nothing.

Dan

dca...@krl.org

Dec 30, 2012, 10:35:19 AM12/30/12
On Dec 29, 3:50 pm, Too_Many_Tools <too_many_to...@yahoo.com> wrote:
as many times as possible

> This is a common ploy of Gummer's...been repeated many times in the
> past.
>
> When he realizes that he has burnt his bridges, he feels the need to
> rebuild cred to cover his tracks.
>
> Now if in the future he restricts himself to posting METALWORKING ONLY
> related posts I will be happy as will the rest of the RCM group.
>
> My opinion..not a chance in Hell that will happen.
>
> TMT

Now if in the future TMT restircts himself to posting METALWORKING
ONLY related post, I will be happy as well as the rest of the RCM
group.

In my opinion there is not a chance in Hell that we will ever see any
of the tools that TMT claims to have.

Dan

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 11:24:26 AM12/30/12
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

><snip>
>Now if in the future he restricts himself to posting METALWORKING ONLY
>related posts I will be happy as will the rest of the RCM group.
>
>My opinion..not a chance in Hell that will happen.
>
>TMT

What happened to your on topic posts? I looked up archives, you used to
have on topic posts, interesting stuff about making machines portable,
gantry crane, repairing electronics, lots of interesting posts. Now your
interesting posts are just in the archives, all you do now is instigate
arguments over politics. Have you become addicted to stirring crap?

If you must keep trolling you can but how about sprinkling some on topic
posts in the mix? Did you make a mobile base for your machines? Did you
find out what the strange probe connector was on your Gould oscilloscope?
How about the observatory in a trailer? Did you just give up everything
else to become a political troll?

RogerN

whoyakidding

Dec 30, 2012, 11:44:28 AM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:24:26 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
wrote:
I can't speak for TMT but I will say that I'm not willing to provide
any information that might help gasbags and those who support them. If
you think I'm ever going to take ten minutes to write up advice for
some anti abortion crackpot who claims to get his driving directions
from an imaginary being, or for someone who says he sent my name to
his culling squad, or any of their friends or supporters, then please
see my ad for a bargain space elevator. And try facing reality for
once in your life. The only reason I know you're a nutjob is because
you can't stop telling the world every stupid thought in your tiny
mind.

jon_banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 11:55:56 AM12/30/12
I use the shop of one of my clients which I have the keys to. You can
see many quality home machine shops and how similar they are to
professional machine shop detailed on the web. Do you need links?

Steve Walker

Dec 30, 2012, 12:00:30 PM12/30/12
On 12/29/2012 00:08, Gunner wrote:
> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
> Just my hobby shop. Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
> the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
> again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug
>

> The methodology of the left has always been:
>
> 1. Lie
> 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible
> 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible
> 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie
> 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw
> 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

Damn!! I wish I had half that stuff, and the room to keep/use it. You
don't got a Bridgeport mill Y-axis gib do you?

--
Steve Walker
Fusi...@frontierbrain.com (remove brain when replying)

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 1:02:54 PM12/30/12
"whoyakidding" wrote in message

>On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:24:26 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
>wrote:
<snip>
>>If you must keep trolling you can but how about sprinkling some on topic
>>posts in the mix? Did you make a mobile base for your machines? Did you
>>find out what the strange probe connector was on your Gould oscilloscope?
>>How about the observatory in a trailer? Did you just give up everything
>>else to become a political troll?
>>
>>RogerN
>
>I can't speak for TMT but I will say that I'm not willing to provide
>any information that might help gasbags and those who support them. If
>you think I'm ever going to take ten minutes to write up advice for
>some anti abortion crackpot who claims to get his driving directions
>from an imaginary being, or for someone who says he sent my name to
>his culling squad, or any of their friends or supporters, then please
>see my ad for a bargain space elevator. And try facing reality for
>once in your life. The only reason I know you're a nutjob is because
>you can't stop telling the world every stupid thought in your tiny
>mind.

Speaking of tiny minds, atheists are the most closed minded people on Earth.
Their little mind can't dare to consider there could be something that
exists that they don't know about. Your tiny mind must exclude anything
that you don't know an explanation for. In a world that you haven't
explored very much of, that is a very small part of a galaxy, that is a very
small part of everything that exists, why would your kind think they know
what can and can't exist? Answer: your mind is very very narrow!

Imaginary beings don't give driving directions. Jesus' disciples wouldn't
have been willing to die for the claim that they had seen him resurrected if
they knew it was a lie. Paul wrote that there were 500 eye witnesses and
many were still alive at the time of the writing, indicating to the readers
that they could find the eye witnesses and talk to them themselves. Jesus
is all over in the Old Testament starting in Genesis at mankind's fall.
Can't deal the the facts because of your narrow mind.

RogerN

LyndellThompson

Dec 30, 2012, 1:06:26 PM12/30/12
Looks better than my shop. I think some of these guys need to work about
four 120 hour weeks
back to back, be on 24 hour call and listen to the better half holler, we
are late for the wedding,
and then we will have a look at their shops. :-)
Lyndell

<trea...@sierramadre.con> wrote:

>On 12/28/2012 9:08 PM, Gunner wrote:
>> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>>
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
>Just looks like junk. No wonder you can't earn a living with any of it.

Earn a living? What part of "hobby shop" did you fail to understand?

Oh..thats right...all of it was beyond you.

If its not based on modeling clay..you arent allowed to touch it.

And only edible clay at that.

Gunner

whoyakidding

Dec 30, 2012, 1:40:30 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:02:54 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
wrote:

>"whoyakidding" wrote in message
>
>>On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 10:24:26 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
>>wrote:
><snip>
>>>If you must keep trolling you can but how about sprinkling some on topic
>>>posts in the mix? Did you make a mobile base for your machines? Did you
>>>find out what the strange probe connector was on your Gould oscilloscope?
>>>How about the observatory in a trailer? Did you just give up everything
>>>else to become a political troll?
>>>
>>>RogerN
>>
>>I can't speak for TMT but I will say that I'm not willing to provide
>>any information that might help gasbags and those who support them. If
>>you think I'm ever going to take ten minutes to write up advice for
>>some anti abortion crackpot who claims to get his driving directions
>>from an imaginary being, or for someone who says he sent my name to
>>his culling squad, or any of their friends or supporters, then please
>>see my ad for a bargain space elevator. And try facing reality for
>>once in your life. The only reason I know you're a nutjob is because
>>you can't stop telling the world every stupid thought in your tiny
>>mind.
>
>Speaking of tiny minds, atheists are the most closed minded people on Earth.

>Imaginary beings don't give driving directions.

You said they did. "So I'm driving down the road planning to ask pull
over somewhere to ask directions. I decide since I'm speaking to God,
why not just ask him for directions, so I ask him. Then I got a
vision of a road and a direction"
http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics.guns/msg/226b04ad4d1bbf20

> Jesus' disciples wouldn't
>have been willing to die for the claim that they had seen him resurrected if
>they knew it was a lie.

Playing along here... Do you think they were any different from any of
these other disciples http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_suicide who
died for lies?

> Paul wrote that there were 500 eye witnesses

That and a couple bucks will buy you a cup of coffee.

>Can't deal the the facts because of your narrow mind.
>
>RogerN

That post, like most of your others, proves in your own words that
you're incapable of knowing the difference between fact, fairytale,
and belief. You "know" all these things you believe in the same way a
child knows that Santa Claus came down the chimney, or a fly knows
it's nighttime as the shadow of the swatter descends.

rbowman

Dec 30, 2012, 1:52:10 PM12/30/12
RogerN wrote:

> Imaginary beings don't give driving directions. Jesus' disciples wouldn't
> have been willing to die for the claim that they had seen him resurrected
> if they knew it was a lie.

Throughout recorded history how many people have been willing to die for a
claim that was absolute bullshit? How many died in the Thirty Years war in
part because two flavors of Christianity couldn't get their claims straight?
How many jihadis are willing to blow themselves up for a claim of paradise?

> Paul wrote that there were 500 eye witnesses
> and many were still alive at the time of the writing, indicating to the
> readers that they could find the eye witnesses and talk to them
> themselves.

Paul, of course, wasn't among those eyewitnesses and was a dispenser of
secondhand information and personal prejudices.

> Jesus is all over in the Old Testament starting in Genesis at
> mankind's fall. Can't deal the the facts because of your narrow mind.

The best thing the Christians could have done would have been to follow
Marcion's lead and left the OT and its bloodthirsty demiurge to the Jews.
That tortured seach for vague and often mistranslated passages to indicate
'prophecy' is beneath the dignity of a living religion.

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 2:50:13 PM12/30/12

>On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:02:54 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
>wrote:

<snip>
>>Imaginary beings don't give driving directions.
>
>You said they did. "So I'm driving down the road planning to ask pull
>over somewhere to ask directions. I decide since I'm speaking to God,
>why not just ask him for directions, so I ask him. Then I got a
>vision of a road and a direction"
>http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics.guns/msg/226b04ad4d1bbf20

Duh, God's not an imaginary being. But there are false "gods" that are
imaginary beings. All through the Bible, the real God is the one that
performs. God's test for a real prophet? The one who's prophecies come
true. The test for the true God was the one that answers, by fire in the
instance I'm thinking of. The real God is very against false religion and
imaginary gods, he forbids it.

>> Jesus' disciples wouldn't
>>have been willing to die for the claim that they had seen him resurrected
>>if
>>they knew it was a lie.
>
>Playing along here... Do you think they were any different from any of
>these other disciples http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_suicide who
>died for lies?

Yes, a very big difference. For example if someone dies because they'll get
a dozen virgins in heaven, they are dying for what the believe by blind
faith. If a person sees someone that has been raised from the dead and will
not deny it unto their death, it means they believe what they saw with their
own eyes. See the difference? One believe in blind faith from
(possibly)lies they have heard, the other believes in actual evidence they
have seen with their own eyes. So it's like believing in the tooth fairy
verses believing in the Statue of Liberty. To someone that has never heard
of the tooth fairy or the Statue of Liberty, they are both the same.

>> Paul wrote that there were 500 eye witnesses
>
>That and a couple bucks will buy you a cup of coffee.

Paul would have been invalidating his own claim if it were not so. Paul
didn't make a huge point of it, just a mention so the original readers could
check it out for themselves.

>>Can't deal the the facts because of your narrow mind.
>>
>>RogerN
>
>That post, like most of your others, proves in your own words that
>you're incapable of knowing the difference between fact, fairytale,
>and belief. You "know" all these things you believe in the same way a
>child knows that Santa Claus came down the chimney, or a fly knows
>it's nighttime as the shadow of the swatter descends.

It's like vinegar and baking soda, mix them together and you get a real
reaction, if you don't get the real reaction then your vinegar and/or baking
soda is not right.

Look up "biblical artifacts", do fairytales have real artifacts?

1000+ years of failure of people like whoyakidding.

For 1000 years, "people like whoyakidding" pointed to the Old Testament
references to Assyria and its capital, Ninevah. They claimed such places
never existed. Assyria was written off as a "mythical empire." The reason
for this conclusion was that no secular references to Assyria and Ninevah
had ever been found. Then, in 1840 a British explorer by the name of Henry
Layard had the temerity to discover evidence of the existence of Assyria,
and soon after, another Englishman proceeded to dig up the city of Nineveh.

By 1800 "people like whoyakidding" were pointing to the New Testament
references to the towns of Capernaum, Chorazin, and Bethsaida as proof
positive that the Bible is full of myth, legend and superstition. "No such
towns ever existed," they claimed. Today, thanks to archeology, you can
visit these places.

The "people like whoyakidding" then turned their attention to the Hittites,
a nation the Bible mentions 40 times. They were classified an "imaginary"
people who existed only in the pages of the Old Testament. But then, in 1905
archeologists uncovered the city of Boghas-Keui in central Turkey which
proved to be the former capital city of this "bogus" empire.

So with 1000+ year track record of proven failure by "people like
whoyakidding", and 2000+ years "faith" being proven correct, why do "people
like whoyakidding" think others should adopt their flawed thinking?

RogerN

David R. Birch

Dec 30, 2012, 3:26:11 PM12/30/12
So you're saying that because some references in the Christian bible(s)
have shown to have a historic basis, then the fantasy elements must also
be true?

Because Capernaum and the Hittite empire existed, the early Christian
mythology borrowed from Mithraism must also be real?

Sorry, I wasn't one of those kids with "invisible friends", maybe it's
time for you to outgrow yours.

David

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 3:39:02 PM12/30/12
So you are admitting you cant repair TVs for shit? Must be getting
hungry these days eh wot?

>Your shop is a complete shit hole and you're not capable of doing
>quality, close tolerance machine work. About all you are capable of
>doing is regurgitating the lies of losers.

My hobby shop? Bitching about a hobby shop? Tsk tsk tsk. Best you can
do boi? Close tolerence machine work? Why would I? All I do at home
is "hobby" work. Now fixing/installing/modifying close tolerence
machines and setting up shops...that I do pretty regularly.

Empty building to first article

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopsIveBuilt

And another

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/GosscoStartupAlsoSeeGosscoShutdown

And yours are where?

Hummm?

Hell Jonni...your history is written on billboards all over the
internet. And its pretty fucking sad from all aspects.

Now was there anything else you wished to spew?
If not..off you go into the bozo bin again.

<plink>

Ned Simmons

Dec 30, 2012, 3:49:21 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:00:30 -0500, Steve Walker
<fusi...@frontierbrain.com> wrote:

>don't got a Bridgeport mill Y-axis gib do you?

What Bridgeport calls the saddle/knee gib? Dimensions? I have two
here, one used and one new, that I'm pretty sure are saddle/knee gibs.

--
Ned Simmons

whoyakidding

Dec 30, 2012, 4:08:41 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 13:50:13 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
wrote:

>"whoyakidding" wrote in message
>
>>On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:02:54 -0600, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net>
>>wrote:
>>
><snip>
>>>Imaginary beings don't give driving directions.
>>
>>You said they did. "So I'm driving down the road planning to ask pull
>>over somewhere to ask directions. I decide since I'm speaking to God,
>>why not just ask him for directions, so I ask him. Then I got a
>>vision of a road and a direction"
>>http://groups.google.com/group/talk.politics.guns/msg/226b04ad4d1bbf20
>
>Duh, God's not an imaginary being.

LOL And here comes the invisible proof of that...

> But there are false "gods" that are
>imaginary beings.

I've heard that... from most every religion, declaring that theirs is
the only true god. Maybe it's where sports fans got the idea to beat
up supporters of other teams.

> All through the Bible, the real God is the one that
>performs.

Ah yes, the false logic you always get to - that the fairytale
"proves" itself!

>>> Jesus' disciples wouldn't
>>>have been willing to die for the claim that they had seen him resurrected
>>>if
>>>they knew it was a lie.
>>
>>Playing along here... Do you think they were any different from any of
>>these other disciples http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cult_suicide who
>>died for lies?
>
>Yes, a very big difference. For example if someone dies because they'll get
>a dozen virgins in heaven, they are dying for what the believe by blind
>faith. If a person sees someone that has been raised from the dead and will
>not deny it unto their death, it means they believe what they saw with their
>own eyes. See the difference?

There is no difference. You have not witnessed anyone rising from the
dead nor do you have any proof that it ever happened. You merely have
blind faith that it happened, and insist that your faith equals proof,
but that others' faith is worthless.

> One believe in blind faith from
>(possibly)lies they have heard, the other believes in actual evidence they
>have seen with their own eyes.

Do you seriously believe that there are no other religions based on
what believers claimed to have seen with their own eyes? What about
these believers
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2009/04/02/how-easy-is-it-to-fool-ufo-believers-easy-if-you-have-a-flare-for-it/,
or these http://www.top10craziestmormonbeliefs.com/a/299

>>> Paul wrote that there were 500 eye witnesses
>>
>>That and a couple bucks will buy you a cup of coffee.
>
>Paul would have been invalidating his own claim if it were not so.

So we have your word that his word about his indirect knowledge is
true! How is that better than someone claiming to have ridden a
motorcycle 264 mph?

>>That post, like most of your others, proves in your own words that
>>you're incapable of knowing the difference between fact, fairytale,
>>and belief. You "know" all these things you believe in the same way a
>>child knows that Santa Claus came down the chimney, or a fly knows
>>it's nighttime as the shadow of the swatter descends.
>
>It's like vinegar and baking soda, mix them together and you get a real
>reaction, if you don't get the real reaction then your vinegar and/or baking
>soda is not right.

Oh man you never run out of strange rationalizations.

>Look up "biblical artifacts", do fairytales have real artifacts?

Obviously they do because people like you can't stop putting them up
as "evidence." Here's one of the better ones
http://skepdic.com/shroud.html

>So with 1000+ year track record of proven failure by "people like
>whoyakidding", and 2000+ years "faith" being proven correct,

You have proven absolutely nothing but you're utterly incapable of
admitting it.

jon_banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 4:10:26 PM12/30/12
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/GosscoStartupAlsoS...
>
> And yours are where?
>
> Hummm?
>
> Hell Jonni...your history is written on billboards all over the
> internet.  And its pretty fucking sad from all aspects.
>
> Now was there anything else you wished to spew?
> If not..off you go into the bozo bin again.
>
> <plink>
>
> Gunner
>
> The methodology of the left has always been:
>
> 1. Lie
> 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible
> 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible
> 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie
> 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw
> 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

You said awhile ago that I was already in your bozo bin, plonked or
whatever moronic name you want to label it when you can't handle what
I have to say. What am I doing out? Perhaps this is just another one
of the many, many lies you have told and been nailed on.

My history is well written by the few in the CADCAM industry press
that have a clue about what they are talking about and who realize I
know my shit cold when it comes to CADCAM:

http://cadinsider.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/06/siemens-plm-promises-support-of-solid-edge-again.html

I'm published and have been published for many, many years by the
oldest and most respected CADCAM blog on the Internet:

http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/

My LinkedIn Group CADCAM Technology Leaders is growing like crazy and
now has over 400 members:

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/CADCAM-Technology-Leaders-4538703

My Mastercam blog is easily the most popular independent Mastercam
blog on the Internet:

http://whymastercamisthewrongchoice.blogspot.com/

My CADCAM Technology Leaders blog is also very popular:

http://cadcamtechnologyleaders.blogspot.com/

My LinkedIn profile shows how many contacts I have in the CADCAM
industry and who my connections are:

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=101238280&trk=tab_pro

Would you like to see pictures of what a quality hobby shop looks
like, moron? I'd be more than happy to embarrass you even further than
you have already embarrassed yourself and will continue to embarrass
yourself.

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 4:44:40 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:00:30 -0500, Steve Walker
<fusi...@frontierbrain.com> wrote:

Actually...yes I do. Or it may be a x axis. Brand new. Let me see if I
can find it. I know its out there in the Stuff.

All those drawers are filled with Stuff. Lots O Stuff

Gunner

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 4:50:06 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 13:06:26 -0500, "LyndellThompson"
<lynd...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>Looks better than my shop. I think some of these guys need to work about
>four 120 hour weeks
>back to back, be on 24 hour call and listen to the better half holler, we
>are late for the wedding,
>and then we will have a look at their shops. :-)
> Lyndell

My customers are on average...165 miles away..one way. Takes me at
minimum 3 hrs to go south..so when I go..I dont come home for 4-8 days
at a time. Shrug..makes it a bit hard to keep up with the shops when
the wind blows. Someday Ill buy another property with a nice big
concrete floored shop on it...but until then..I gotta do what I gotta
do. In the Good Ol Days, when I was making money..property was damned
expensive, which is no longer the case..but Im not making much money
thse days..so while Id love to move to bigger and better digs...shrug.
The place is paid for..so its Home until things get better. Crom knows
Ill never retire.

Steve Walker

Dec 30, 2012, 5:01:21 PM12/30/12
Yes. Gib is at work, so can't measure right now. IIRC about 13 inches long.

Cydrome Leader

Dec 30, 2012, 5:36:21 PM12/30/12
In rec.crafts.metalworking jon_banquer <jonba...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2:59?pm, whoyakidding <whoyakidd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 15:45:25 -0600, Ignoramus6127
>>

>> <ignoramus6...@NOSPAM.6127.invalid> wrote:

>> >And it is easy to make money with such a shop also.
>>
>> Right. Even a crummy shop can earn a good living provided the owner
>> has the skills and knows how to get off his ass. Otherwise it's just a
>> collection of crap that others threw out, and that the penniless
>> hoarder himself defines as a "hobby shop" while relaxing on his
>> computer TALKING about working.
>
> Crap equipment can make you a better machinist.You can get away with
> crap equipment if time isn't a factor (when is time ever not a factor
> in today's world?) but you still have to have the right mentality do
> so close tolerance work.
>
> Problem is that Gummer doesn't have either the mentality or the skill
> set to do close tolerance work.
>
> Note the lack decent inspection equipment or even a proper place to
> inspect tight tolerance parts.

maybe he doesn't do or need close tolerance work.

jon_banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 5:42:11 PM12/30/12
On Dec 30, 2:36 pm, Cydrome Leader <prese...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:
He can't do it.

He doesn't understand how to do it.

Steve B

Dec 30, 2012, 5:49:37 PM12/30/12

"Ignoramus6127" <ignora...@NOSPAM.6127.invalid> wrote

> And the best is, walk into a shop, see treasures, but the owner sees
> only junk. "I can buy that pile of metal in the corner and on two
> pallets for $30".

I once bought two pallets of welding cable from the US Govt. for $40. My
truck barely made it back to Vegas from the Nevada Test Site, it was so
heavily loaded. I guess no one needed any welding cable, or just saw junk.
I made out good on that one.

Bring on the junk.

Steve

Steve B

Dec 30, 2012, 5:50:31 PM12/30/12

"Basement Bandy" <walter_...@post.com> wrote in message
On Dec 29, 3:35 pm, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote:
> "Gunner" wrote in message

> >Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> >https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
> >Just my hobby shop. Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
> >the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
> >again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug
>
> >The methodology of the left has always been:
>
> >1. Lie
> >2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible
> >3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible
> >4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie
> >5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw
> >6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
>
>Don't you feel the need to spend thousands of dollars on your place
fixing
> it up so your property value will increase? Just think of the advantage

Pearls. Swine.

............plonk

pyotr filipivich

Dec 30, 2012, 5:53:54 PM12/30/12
"RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> on Sat, 29 Dec 2012 14:35:44 -0600 typed
in alt.survival the following:

>Some around here build their house inside a pole barn just to save on
>property taxes. I can't figure out how the government thinks they deserve a
>reward because a person fixes their place up. I'll take a shit hole in
>appearance over paying a premium for a premium home plus paying another
>premium in property taxes. My grandfathers home was around $1000 per month
>in property taxes alone because he spent his life earnings to have a nice
>retirement home.
>
>When I visited Germany I saw many old homes, we were told that a price for a
>modest home was 500,000 (euros or dollars?). They spend this kind of money
>to have a house that will last 300 years but I didn't meet anyone that had
>lived in their house for 300 years. I think the Israelites had the right
>idea when they lived in tents. I want more than a tent, but nothing
>elaborate.

One of the things about European Housing in some areas, is that it
was built 300 or more years ago, and has been in the family ever
since. They have been added on, and modernized. Running water,
electricity, that sort of thing. Of course, some neighborhoods got
extreme makeovers in the mid teens and the 1940s. But they also have
their versions of Mc Mansions, tossed up when money was good.

--
pyotr filipivich
Question for the gun Control advocates, "Do you agree with

whoyakidding

Dec 30, 2012, 5:57:53 PM12/30/12
There's no evidence he does any real work with all that crap, and
plenty of evidence that any work he says he does is merely another of
his stories. I've known some hoarders of tools. It's all about the
acquiring. Maybe they believe they'll someday put the stuff to work,
but they tend to be too busy acquiring. In Gunner's case there's all
the horseshit spinning and nut blog reading as well. Throw in a little
scrapping to pay for his smokes and there's no time left to master any
skills, and barely enough to tell his lies so badly that only an idiot
would believe them. Have you heard the one about how I'll be hanging
from a lamp post by tomorrow night? Let's see if Gunner is out trying
to make it happen, or sitting there as usual making up excuses.

Mighty Wannabe

Dec 30, 2012, 5:58:23 PM12/30/12
According to the Bible, Jesus' corpse disappeared from the cave.
Nobody witnessed Jesus rising from the dead.

Jesus' record was missing from age 12 to age 30. Reportedly Jesus had
secretly traveled to India to study herbal medicine and Buddhism.

Jesus mysteriously reappeared as a 30-year-old adult after missing
since 12-year-old, Jesus used the herbal medicine skills from India to
heal the sick. Jesus might have fed the followers with marijuana and
opium (both herbs originated from India) so that the followers were
constantly psychedelic and euphoric. If you feed me with marijuana and
opium brownies I will be seeing God and euphoric too.

Jesus likely didn't die on the cross. Someone bribed the Roman
soldiers to look the other way, and Jesus survived the crucifixion by
using opium and morphine which originated in India. Jesus' disciples
stole Jesus' body from the cave and revived him, and later invented
the story of resurrection.

The lost years of Jesus:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_years_of_Jesus

Ignoramus13070

Dec 30, 2012, 6:21:07 PM12/30/12
Yeah. At a forklift dealership auction, I bought four crates of
forklift service/maintenance manuals for $50.

The other people were scrappers interested in metal only.

Let me just say that I am making good on this one too, books sell
daily for very nice prices. It is not just a buy and resell, it is a
source of income.

Steve B

Dec 30, 2012, 6:33:04 PM12/30/12

"Ignoramus6127" <ignora...@NOSPAM.6127.invalid> wrote

> And it is easy to make money with such a shop also.

I'll take those tax free $25 to $150 a week deals any day. That lasts for
many weeks. OR even years.

Steve

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 6:33:04 PM12/30/12
"David R. Birch" wrote in message news:kbq81...@news1.newsguy.com...

>On 12/30/2012 1:50 PM, RogerN wrote:
<snip>
>> So with 1000+ year track record of proven failure by "people like
>> whoyakidding", and 2000+ years "faith" being proven correct, why do
>> "people
>> like whoyakidding" think others should adopt their flawed thinking?
>>
>> RogerN
>
>So you're saying that because some references in the Christian bible(s)
>have shown to have a historic basis, then the fantasy elements must also be
>true?

No, but I'm saying that the people that claim it's all myth and fairytales
are wrong. It's easy to write off something you don't want to believe as a
fairytale and not give it another thought, but that's simply what a person
decides to believe, it has no basis in reality.

>Because Capernaum and the Hittite empire existed, the early Christian
>mythology borrowed from Mithraism must also be real?

Sorry but Christianity is tightly woven into the OT scriptures, the claims I
have seen about it being borrowed from other religions is beyond moronic.
On alt atheism one atheist tried to tie in the story of Jesus with
Horace(?), another atheist that knew the facts discredited it.

>Sorry, I wasn't one of those kids with "invisible friends", maybe it's time
>for you to outgrow yours.
>
>David

The God I believe in performs the humanly impossible, if you don't believe
in evidence that's up to you, believe in your faith based fairytale know as
atheism.

RogerN

Steve B

Dec 30, 2012, 6:36:26 PM12/30/12

"RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote

> What happened to your on topic posts? I looked up archives, you used to
> have on topic posts, interesting stuff about making machines portable,
> gantry crane, repairing electronics, lots of interesting posts. Now your
> interesting posts are just in the archives, all you do now is instigate
> arguments over politics. Have you become addicted to stirring crap?
>
> If you must keep trolling you can but how about sprinkling some on topic
> posts in the mix? Did you make a mobile base for your machines? Did you
> find out what the strange probe connector was on your Gould oscilloscope?
> How about the observatory in a trailer? Did you just give up everything
> else to become a political troll?
>
> RogerN

Dear Whatever:

I notice you have taken to task a writer about whether or not a post is on
topic, is spelled correctly, or is correct in some other minute detail.

I would like to inform you that the post of Netnanny is already filled. It
is held by Newton Fillmore, of Pacoima, California, although Mr. Fillmore is
currently in a coma in a facility in Riverside, and has been for three
years, eight months now. We just could not bring ourselves to demote him
without a proper hearing and him being present.

Please be advised that there are currently over 500 applicants and wannabes
for the position. That does not include people like yourself who have
broken with protocol and currently act like they are in the cherished
position.

If and when and if ever the post becomes available, you will be required to
write an essay of no longer than 1500 words, single spaced, using the words
there, they're, their, your, you're, and any others you can come up with in
as many incorrect grammatical situations as possible.

You must also describe the difference between "lose" and "loose" in 25 words
or less.

You must also include the reason that you think entitles you the lifelong
right to hold this post, and review the rest of humanity on its daily
heretofore
unobserved unsupervised act of Usenet Posting.

Steve
3rd Poohbah and Grand Mucky Muck
of the Society of Netnannies.

Addended by hr(bob)hof...@att.net 4/19/2011

You forgot three of my favorites, its and it's, lightning and
lightening, and to, too and two

Addendum from Smitty Two:

"Would've" spelled out as "would of" instead of "would have."

"Voila" spelled "wallah" or some variation thereof.

Makes me want to go out and kill again.

Ignoramus13070

Dec 30, 2012, 6:41:55 PM12/30/12
On 2012-12-30, Steve B <ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Ignoramus6127" <ignora...@NOSPAM.6127.invalid> wrote
>> And it is easy to make money with such a shop also.
>
> I'll take those tax free $25 to $150 a week deals any day. That lasts for
> many weeks. OR even years.

They are not tax free.

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Dec 30, 2012, 6:45:27 PM12/30/12
Well, David - Christianity, and Judaism before it, are the ONLY
religion in the world that withstands historical scrutiny - and in a
lot of cases the religious texts are the oldest historical records of
civilizations that are being unearthed by archeologists over the last
several hundred years.

Should the old testament be taken 100% literally as a historic
timeline? Or as an accurate history of the world? Not necessarily -
that is not what it was intended to be. It is a recording of the oral
traditions of the earliest monotheistic religeous tradition, and their
recollections of the interaction of their "god" with mankind.

As for the new testament - there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that has been,
or to this point, cvan be disproven - and a whole lot that can be
independently historically verified.

What the catholic church in particular has done in the name of
Christianity over the centuries is a different story - and has NOTHING
to do with the veracity of the christian and jewish scriptures.

I agree that it takes a pretty small and narrow mind to dismiss
theology and the existance of a "god" or "higher power" with all the
evidence that supports it.

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 6:47:05 PM12/30/12
"whoyakidding" wrote in message
<snip>
>>So with 1000+ year track record of proven failure by "people like
>>whoyakidding", and 2000+ years "faith" being proven correct,
>
>You have proven absolutely nothing but you're utterly incapable of
>admitting it.

God hasn't changed, he still performs miracles today.

You are the one with absolutely nothing, you have no reason for your faith
than it's what you want to believe. My faith has been confirmed by
evidences, that is multiple evidences, healings, revelations, etc. You have
absolutely nothing except an empty shoe box therefore you figure there is no
God(s). There are even experts on evolution that believe in God, all you
have is an empty shoe box to base your faith.

RogerN
---

The science to which I pinned my faith is bankrupt. Its counsels, which
should have established the millennium, have led directly to the suicide of
Europe. I believed them once. In their name I helped to destroy the faith of
millions of worshipers in the temples of a thousand creeds, and now they
look at me and witness the great tragedy of an atheist who has lost his
faith.
George Bernard Shaw

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Dec 30, 2012, 6:51:48 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 13:10:26 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
<jonba...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>My history is well written by the few in the CADCAM industry press
>that have a clue about what they are talking about and who realize I
>know my shit cold when it comes to CADCAM:
>
>http://cadinsider.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/06/siemens-plm-promises-support-of-solid-edge-again.html
>
>I'm published and have been published for many, many years by the
>oldest and most respected CADCAM blog on the Internet:
>
>http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/
>
>My LinkedIn Group CADCAM Technology Leaders is growing like crazy and
>now has over 400 members:
>
>http://www.linkedin.com/groups/CADCAM-Technology-Leaders-4538703
>
>My Mastercam blog is easily the most popular independent Mastercam
>blog on the Internet:
>
>http://whymastercamisthewrongchoice.blogspot.com/
>
>My CADCAM Technology Leaders blog is also very popular:
>
>http://cadcamtechnologyleaders.blogspot.com/
>
>My LinkedIn profile shows how many contacts I have in the CADCAM
>industry and who my connections are:
>
>http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=101238280&trk=tab_pro
>
>Would you like to see pictures of what a quality hobby shop looks
>like, moron? I'd be more than happy to embarrass you even further than
>you have already embarrassed yourself and will continue to embarrass
>yourself.

Talking about Cad-Cam - does the name Gary Hedges ring any bells about
an ancient cad-cam fakir??

Steve B

Dec 30, 2012, 6:56:51 PM12/30/12

"Ignoramus13070" <ignoram...@NOSPAM.13070.invalid> wrote in message
I'd fix that. The only paperwork I do is in the bathroom.

Steve

jon_banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 7:02:09 PM12/30/12
On Dec 30, 3:51 pm, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 13:10:26 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
>

> <jonbanq...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >My history is well written by the few in the CADCAM industry press
> >that have a clue about what they are talking about and who realize I
> >know my shit cold when it comes to CADCAM:
>
> >http://cadinsider.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/06/siemens-plm-promises-...
>
> >I'm published and have been published for many, many years by the
> >oldest and most respected CADCAM blog on the Internet:
>
> >http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/blog/
>
> >My LinkedIn Group CADCAM Technology Leaders is growing like crazy and
> >now has over 400 members:
>
> >http://www.linkedin.com/groups/CADCAM-Technology-Leaders-4538703
>
> >My Mastercam blog is easily the most popular independent Mastercam
> >blog on the Internet:
>
> >http://whymastercamisthewrongchoice.blogspot.com/
>
> >My CADCAM Technology Leaders blog is also very popular:
>
> >http://cadcamtechnologyleaders.blogspot.com/
>
> >My LinkedIn profile shows how many contacts I have in the CADCAM
> >industry and who my connections are:
>
> >http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=101238280&trk=tab_pro
>
> >Would you like to see pictures of what a quality hobby shop looks
> >like, moron? I'd be more than happy to embarrass you even further than
> >you have already embarrassed yourself and will continue to embarrass
> >yourself.
>
> Talking about Cad-Cam - does the name Gary Hedges ring any bells about
> an ancient cad-cam fakir??

No. Was he associated with a particular CADCAM system?

The CADCAM industry is filled with so many bullshit artists and liars
that it's hard for me to keep up. What makes it worse is how little
knowledge the CADCAM press has about CADCAM. I started this blog one
day when I was particularly disgusted:

http://whatwrongwiththecadcampress.blogspot.com/

I haven't put much effort into any of my blogs lately. In my opinion
very little of significance has happened in the CADCAM world in the
last six months besides Geomagic Spark which isn't available yet. I'm
hoping 2013 will be a much better year for CADCAM than 2012 was.

Ignoramus13070

Dec 30, 2012, 7:19:05 PM12/30/12
On 2012-12-30, Steve B <ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Ignoramus13070" <ignoram...@NOSPAM.13070.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 2012-12-30, Steve B <ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> "Ignoramus6127" <ignora...@NOSPAM.6127.invalid> wrote
>>>
>>> I'll take those tax free $25 to $150 a week deals any day. That lasts
>>> for many weeks. OR even years.
>>
>> They are not tax free.
>
> I'd fix that. The only paperwork I do is in the bathroom.

I am just saying, it is none of my business. Certainly not being
judgmental about it or anything.

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 8:04:40 PM12/30/12
"Ignoramus13070" wrote in message

>On 2012-12-30, Steve B <ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
>> Bring on the junk.
>
>Yeah. At a forklift dealership auction, I bought four crates of
>forklift service/maintenance manuals for $50.
>
>The other people were scrappers interested in metal only.
>
>Let me just say that I am making good on this one too, books sell
>daily for very nice prices. It is not just a buy and resell, it is a
>source of income.

I wonder if it would be worth scanning or photographing the manuals before
selling. Make electronic copies and sell the manuals on CD for equipment
that's out of date.

RogerN

David R. Birch

Dec 30, 2012, 8:06:03 PM12/30/12
On 12/30/2012 5:33 PM, RogerN wrote:
> "David R. Birch" wrote in message news:kbq81...@news1.newsguy.com...
>
>> On 12/30/2012 1:50 PM, RogerN wrote:
> <snip>
>>> So with 1000+ year track record of proven failure by "people like
>>> whoyakidding", and 2000+ years "faith" being proven correct, why do
>>> "people
>>> like whoyakidding" think others should adopt their flawed thinking?
>>>
>>> RogerN
>>
>> So you're saying that because some references in the Christian bible(s)
>> have shown to have a historic basis, then the fantasy elements must also be
>> true?
>
> No, but I'm saying that the people that claim it's all myth and fairytales
> are wrong. It's easy to write off something you don't want to believe as a
> fairytale and not give it another thought, but that's simply what a person
> decides to believe, it has no basis in reality.

Not really answering the question, since I started with the
acknowledgement that some details do have a historical basis. That basis
tells us nothing about the "reality" of alleged magic and miracles of
the time.

>> Because Capernaum and the Hittite empire existed, the early Christian
>> mythology borrowed from Mithraism must also be real?
>
> Sorry but Christianity is tightly woven into the OT scriptures, the claims I
> have seen about it being borrowed from other religions is beyond moronic.

So it must be mere coincidence that much of the story of Yeshua of
Nazareth is similar to the mythology of several other religions of that
time and area.

> On alt atheism one atheist tried to tie in the story of Jesus with
> Horace(?), another atheist that knew the facts discredited it.

And is your point here is that two atheists disagreed, so Christian
mythology must be true?

>> Sorry, I wasn't one of those kids with "invisible friends", maybe it's time
>> for you to outgrow yours.
>>
>> David
>
> The God I believe in performs the humanly impossible, if you don't believe
> in evidence that's up to you, believe in your faith based fairytale know as
> atheism.

I looked into atheism at one time, but its just another belief system
based on a lack of knowledge about the unknowable.

Unfortunately, the "evidence" presented by believers seems to require
that I first believe.

David

whoyakidding

Dec 30, 2012, 8:22:00 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 18:45:27 -0500, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:

>I agree that it takes a pretty small and narrow mind to dismiss
>theology and the existance of a "god" or "higher power" with all the
>evidence that supports it.

Please take all of your testable "evidence that supports the existence
of a god or higher power" here
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html to collect one
million dollars. Note: I gave Roger N. the link several months ago but
since then he has done nothing but TALK about his mountain of
evidence. Maybe you can combine yours with his and the two of you can
do something more than talk for a change.

After you've finished making excuses for why you don't need a million
dollars and wouldn't lower yourselves to receiving money for nothing
and blubber about how idiotic it is that serious people refuse to
accept your belief that belief = evidence, take whatever you'd like to
submit here
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/home/37-static/256-pigasus-awards.html
to compete for the Pigasus Award for the most persistent refusal to
face reality. Competition is stiff but the prize is a trophy of a bent
spoon mounted on a crappy plastic base. Which I guarantee is more
substantial than anything either of you will ever put up as
"evidence."

David R. Birch

Dec 30, 2012, 8:28:07 PM12/30/12
On 12/30/2012 5:45 PM, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:26:11 -0600, "David R. Birch"

>> So you're saying that because some references in the Christian bible(s)
>> have shown to have a historic basis, then the fantasy elements must also
>> be true?
>>
>> Because Capernaum and the Hittite empire existed, the early Christian
>> mythology borrowed from Mithraism must also be real?
>>
>> Sorry, I wasn't one of those kids with "invisible friends", maybe it's
>> time for you to outgrow yours.
>>
>> David
> Well, David - Christianity, and Judaism before it, are the ONLY
> religion in the world that withstands historical scrutiny - and in a
> lot of cases the religious texts are the oldest historical records of
> civilizations that are being unearthed by archeologists over the last
> several hundred years.

That might be related to the fact that our Western culture has uncovered
a lot more of our culture's history than those of the Eastern or New
World beliefs. Some of the Hindu texts predate the Old Testaments
accounts of Creation. I suppose your god created those to test your faith.

> Should the old testament be taken 100% literally as a historic
> timeline? Or as an accurate history of the world? Not necessarily -
> that is not what it was intended to be. It is a recording of the oral
> traditions of the earliest monotheistic religeous tradition, and their
> recollections of the interaction of their "god" with mankind.

So therefore no different from the oral history of other religions.

> As for the new testament - there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that has been,
> or to this point, cvan be disproven - and a whole lot that can be
> independently historically verified.

Beyond the historical truth of the events of the Roman Empire in that
era and area, all we have is hearsay and even that has been edited to
support the Christian hegemony.

> What the catholic church in particular has done in the name of
> Christianity over the centuries is a different story - and has NOTHING
> to do with the veracity of the christian and jewish scriptures.

Yes, like Monty Python, I doubt that Yeshua expected the Spanish
Inquisition.

> I agree that it takes a pretty small and narrow mind to dismiss
> theology and the existance of a "god" or "higher power" with all the
> evidence that supports it.

I suspect that all the religions are talking about the same things, the
differences arise from the agendas of the con men and scam artists who
misrepresent themselves as "Holders of the One and Only Truth."

To misquote Edward de Vere, "there are more things in heaven and earth
that are dreamt of in your philosophy." Whatever may be out there, we
are not yet capable of sensing it beyond a vague awareness of... something.

That doesn't mean we have to regress to believing in invisible friends.

David

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 8:43:24 PM12/30/12
"Mighty Wannabe" wrote in message

>On Dec 30, 1:02 pm, "RogerN" <re...@midwest.net> wrote:
<snip>

>According to the Bible, Jesus' corpse disappeared from the cave.
>Nobody witnessed Jesus rising from the dead.

Yes, they saw him alive. He supposedly was wrapped up in his clothing and
one thing they noticed is how his close was undisturbed but the body was
gone. Not like a person getting up and removing their grave clothes but
like the body went right through the cloth, body gone clothes undisturbed.

>Jesus' record was missing from age 12 to age 30. Reportedly Jesus had
>secretly traveled to India to study herbal medicine and Buddhism.
>
>Jesus mysteriously reappeared as a 30-year-old adult after missing
>since 12-year-old, Jesus used the herbal medicine skills from India to
>heal the sick. Jesus might have fed the followers with marijuana and
>opium (both herbs originated from India) so that the followers were
>constantly psychedelic and euphoric. If you feed me with marijuana and
>opium brownies I will be seeing God and euphoric too.
>
>Jesus likely didn't die on the cross. Someone bribed the Roman
>soldiers to look the other way, and Jesus survived the crucifixion by
>using opium and morphine which originated in India. Jesus' disciples
>stole Jesus' body from the cave and revived him, and later invented
>the story of resurrection.
>
>The lost years of Jesus:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_years_of_Jesus

Why wouldn't Jesus have just worked with his earthly father Joseph in
carpentry? What about when Jesus went to his home town and they didn't have
faith in him because they knew him as a local boy, Jesus the son of Joseph.
Or maybe he went to Mars and grew up their, I mean if we're just going to
pull absurd ideas out of our imagination let's have him go to mars.

The details of Jesus' life was foretold and/or foreshadowed in the old
testament, including the rejection by the Jews, this is still true today.
Matthew, a Jew, reveals Jesus as King and references the old testament
throughout the Gospel according to Matthew. Matthew traces Jesus' genealogy
through Joseph, the right to be king must be from the father, but the
lineage was cursed at Jechoniah, Jesus had to be of a bloodline through
David, must be king through Jechoniah, but could not be through the blood
line through Jechoniah. Luke traces Jesus' lineage through his mother and
his blood line to David came from his mother but, according to scripture,
could not be through his father.

So how could Jesus be king through his father but not blood related to his
father and be of the bloodline through David? The virgin birth. It was
foretold and foreshadowed in the Jewish scripture long before the birth of
Jesus. You see, atheists are working at a less than tic-tac-toe level and
the scripture is written beyond chess level, so atheists that proclaim
themselves so smart can't even understand the simple things in the
scripture.

1 Corinthians 1:27 Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in
order to shame those who think they are wise.

RogerN

cl...@snyder.on.ca

Dec 30, 2012, 8:55:24 PM12/30/12
Canadian Cad Cam Centers - which he drove into bankrupsy twenty years
or so ago.

jon_banquer

Dec 30, 2012, 9:00:52 PM12/30/12
Twenty years ago I was using Cadkey. Cadkey was a decent wireframe 3D
modeler and was much better at 3D then AutoCAD was. Seemed like
everyone in Connecticut (where Cadkey was based out of) was using
Cadkey back then.

Ignoramus13070

Dec 30, 2012, 9:20:30 PM12/30/12
It is a good question. I thought about it briefly, and decided against
it. First, the copyright belongs to Hyster (Nacco) and they sell these
manuals. These are not orphan products without a corporation to
support them.

Hyster is an existing brand and you can buy the manuals that I am
selling, directly from them or dealers, for about $300 apiece. So, to
me, photographing and copying them would carry a lot of legal risk,
since it violates their copyright.

Additionally, there is not much money that I can make from selling CDs
and I find CD selling to be distasteful.

What remains is scanning them and releasing them clandestinely
(remember that it is a copyright violation) to the public.

I do not feel that there is enough public good in this to spend a
fortune on scanning old manuals. And it will make it harder to sell
the physical manuals that I have.

I have this website, liberatedmanuals.com, but those manuals are
supposed to be in public domain.

RogerN

Dec 30, 2012, 9:30:16 PM12/30/12
"David R. Birch" wrote in message news:kbqpn...@news4.newsguy.com...

>On 12/30/2012 5:45 PM, cl...@snyder.on.ca wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:26:11 -0600, "David R. Birch"
<snip>
>> Well, David - Christianity, and Judaism before it, are the ONLY
>> religion in the world that withstands historical scrutiny - and in a
>> lot of cases the religious texts are the oldest historical records of
>> civilizations that are being unearthed by archeologists over the last
>> several hundred years.
>
>That might be related to the fact that our Western culture has uncovered a
>lot more of our culture's history than those of the Eastern or New World
>beliefs. Some of the Hindu texts predate the Old Testaments accounts of
>Creation. I suppose your god created those to test your faith.
<snip>

Kind of like the flood stories claim, atheists claim that somehow multiple
cultures having a similar flood story means it never happened. By that
logic then the World Trade Center towers never got destroyed because
multiple news sources reported it, if only one news source told the story
it's more likely to be true? How absurd!

If the following acts have nothing to do with faith then anyone should be
able to do them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUdc5h10zTo

So go ahead, visit the church, grab a handful of rattlers and copperheads,
drink a glass of strychnine, and prove that you can do the same things they
do.

Not sure if they have the snakes in the cold weather, would you be satisfied
with a glass or two of strychnine?

RogerN

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 9:31:03 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 22:36:21 +0000 (UTC), Cydrome Leader
<pres...@MUNGEpanix.com> wrote:

>In rec.crafts.metalworking jon_banquer <jonba...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 29, 2:59?pm, whoyakidding <whoyakidd...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>> Right. Even a crummy shop can earn a good living provided the owner
>>> has the skills and knows how to get off his ass. Otherwise it's just a
>>> collection of crap that others threw out, and that the penniless
>>> hoarder himself defines as a "hobby shop" while relaxing on his
>>> computer TALKING about working.
>>
>> Crap equipment can make you a better machinist.You can get away with
>> crap equipment if time isn't a factor (when is time ever not a factor
>> in today's world?) but you still have to have the right mentality do
>> so close tolerance work.
>>
>> Problem is that Gummer doesn't have either the mentality or the skill
>> set to do close tolerance work.
>>
>> Note the lack decent inspection equipment or even a proper place to
>> inspect tight tolerance parts.
>
>maybe he doesn't do or need close tolerance work.

Close tolerance work in a dirt floored hobby shop? Crom no!

Well..I generally shoot for a half thou..but most of the work only
requires .001-.003 and even then thats probably closer than necessary.

Shit..Im not making aerospace parts. Mostly gun parts, the odd
motorcycle part, bushings, pins and so forth. Ive got a bout 80
reamers from .125- 2.75" if I need something 'snug" etc etc. and cant
do it in the lathes

Hell..the wheel adapters I did a couple years ago, were good enough
at 5 thous even though they were done to .002 -/0

https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/CurrentProjects02#5461778728551673026

Ive done 2 more complete sets since then. Guys liked em I guess.

I suppose I could take the prints down to a buddies shop, and run em
on CNC and do em in a much shorter time...but they wont be any more
accurate. And it would cost me for machine time. My way..no machine
time charges. And the machines are long ago paid for. And I sharpen
my own cutters on the KO Lee B300

Hell..I do more "money" business out back in the welding shop. Wed
this week, neighbor brought his kids new Chistmas bike over...(Chinese
made piece of shit) with a cracked frame. I tigged it back together.
It was an aluminum one. He is an oil field welder..but only does
stick. He brought me over a carton of smokes. I tried to do it for
free..he wouldnt hear of it. He brings me steel now and then and I do
some machining for his dune buggies/motorcyles etc etc. Gave him a new
frame mounted trailer hitch some time back that Id had kicking
around. Then we modified it to fit on his wifes Toyota Tundras frame.

Just hobby stuff.

Gunner

Gunner

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 9:32:43 PM12/30/12
<dbi...@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>So you're saying that because some references in the Christian bible(s)
>have shown to have a historic basis, then the fantasy elements must also
>be true?

So you are saying that you know what is currently fantasy and what is
real?

Odd..you must be far far smarter than all those boffins who had their
bubbles busted when the fantasy cites were found.

Kewl dude!!

Scott M. Kozel

Dec 30, 2012, 9:33:00 PM12/30/12
On Dec 29, 12:08 am, Gunner <gunnera...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pardon the dust and a little rust.
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/104042282269066802602/ShopDec282012#
>
> Just my hobby shop.  Damned dogs romp and chase each other all through
> the yard and shop and I can dust on Sunday..by Saturday its covered
> again. Living here in the desert has its ups and downs....shrug
>
> The methodology of the left has always been:
>
> 1. Lie
> 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible
> 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible
> 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie
> 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw
> 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie

Agreed !

Gunner

Dec 30, 2012, 9:35:04 PM12/30/12
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 19:28:07 -0600, "David R. Birch"
<dbi...@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>That might be related to the fact that our Western culture has uncovered
>a lot more of our culture's history than those of the Eastern or New
>World beliefs. Some of the Hindu texts predate the Old Testaments
>accounts of Creation. I suppose your god created those to test your faith.

My but that was an unexpected goal post change wasnt it?

Tom Gardner

Dec 30, 2012, 9:40:39 PM12/30/12
On 12/30/2012 8:39 AM, jon_banquer wrote:
> On Dec 30, 5:23 am, Tom Gardner <Mars@Tacks> wrote:

>>> Cleanliness and modernization have nothing to do with being a union or
>>> non-union shop. It has to do with the ability to more easily produce
>>> very close tolerance parts. Dust, dirt, etc. are not your friend when
>>> you're trying to machine and inspect close tolerance parts.
>>
>> What are "close tolerance parts"? +/-???
>

> +/- .0001 is what I would consider a close tolerance part. Others may
> have a different opinion.
>
> An example of my idea of a different opinion:
>
> You say you like to hire Hispanics because they work hard, are loyal
> etc.
>
> I say you like to hire people who don't question how you run Ohio
> Brush.

I see. Don't ask Johny any simple questions he might react with a
personal attack. I think there's a common name for that...

1. Ad hominem
An attack upon an opponent in order to discredit their arguement or
opinion. Ad hominems are used by immature and/or unintelligent people
because they are unable to counter their opponent using logic and
intelligence.

Yep, THAT'S the term! Do you think coming across as an asshole makes
people respect and admire you? If so, list a few, maybe I'm all wrong
and you are REALLY a cool guy if so many people think so. (don't
include your mommy in the list)

It is loading more messages.