Google Grupper støtter ikke lenger nye Usenet-innlegg eller -abonnementer. Historisk innhold er fortsatt synlig.

Visions '98 Convention Update

Sett 16 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

George Fergus

ulest,
19. nov. 1998, 03:00:0019.11.1998
til
On the off-chance that you don't already have all this info:

HME VISIONS '98
The Unconventional Television Convention
Dates: November 26 - 29, 1998
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Hotel: Hyatt Regency O'Hare
9300 West Bryn Mawr Ave.
Rosemont, IL 60018
(847) 696-1234
The is the 9th year for Visions, a fan-run convention that allows you to
interact with your favorite celebrities from various British and American
TV shows. It features 3 days worth of multiple simultaneous autograph,
photograph, and Q&A sessions, plus examples of our guests' work in several
video rooms and many other activities throughout the weekend.
CONFIRMED GUESTS
from BABYLON 5: Tracy Scoggins (Capt. Elizabeth Lochley)
Robin Atkin Downes (Byron, the rebel telepath)
from BUCK ROGERS: Erin Gray (Col. Wilma Deering)
from BUFFY: Anthony Stewart Head (Rupert Giles)
Nicholas Brendon (Xander Harris)
from DOCTOR WHO: Sylvester McCoy (7th Doctor)
Louise Jameson (Leela)
Caroline John (Dr. Liz Shaw)
Mark Strickson (Turlough)
Geoffrey Beevers (various)
Paul Simpson (editor of Dream Watch)
from FOREVER KNIGHT: Nigel Bennett (Lacroix)
and our ARTIST GUEST OF HONOR: John Platt
TYPICAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
On each of Visions' three days, each guest typically does at least one
Question & Answer session, 1 autograph session, and 1 photograph session.

Registration Thursday 7pm-9pm [for pre-registered only]
Friday 8am-5pm, 6pm-9pm
Saturday 8am-5pm
Sunday 9am-2pm
Opening Ceremonies Friday 9:15-10:00am
Closing Ceremonies Sunday 4:00-5:00pm
Panels, Autographs, Photographs Friday 10:15am-4:15pm
Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm
Sunday 9:30am-3:30pm
Dealers Rooms (Pro & Fan) Friday & Saturday 9:30am-7pm
Sunday 9:30am-4pm
Video Rooms Thursday 6pm-2am
Friday & Saturday 9am-2am
Sunday 9am-4pm
Art Show Friday & Saturday 10am-8pm
Art Show Awards & Auction Sunday 11am-1pm
Contributors Party Thursday 8pm-10pm [$60 additional]
Masquerade/Costume/Performance Contest & Show Friday 7:30pm-??
Celebrity Luncheon Saturday 11:30am-1:15pm [$35 additional] SOLD OUT!
Charity Memorabilia Auction Saturday 1:15pm-3:30pm
(our charities are the Lambs Farm and the Make-a-Wish Foundation)
Celebrity Variety Show Saturday 8:00pm-?? [$25]
MEMBERSHIP PRICES
3-day: $75 at the door
2-day: $65 at the door
1-day: $55 at the door
contributing [VIP] membership: $60 in addition to regular membership
(gets you into a Thursday night party with the celebrity guests)
Dealers Room Only [DRO] membership: $10 at the door (1-day)
variety show ticket(s): $25 (no membership required)
celebrity luncheon ticket(s): $35 in addition to regular or DRO membership
fan dealer table [limit=1]: $40 in addition to regular or DRO membership
pro dealer table(s): $275 per table
supporting [non-attending] membership only: $30 [autographed program book]
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH US
world wide web:
http://www.hme-visions.com
regular (post office) mail:
HER MAJESTY'S ENTERTAINMENT
P.O. Box 1202
Highland Park, IL 60035-1202
electronic mail:
re memberships: patt...@aol.com (Patti McLaughlin)
re art show: pha...@aol.com (Jackie Paciello)
other queries: fer...@xnet.com (George Fergus)
telephone answering machine with current convention status:
847-882-8575
discounted air fares to Visions arranged by The Total Traveler:
800-822--0666 [they can also make hotel and car reservations for you]

George Fergus

ulest,
20. nov. 1998, 03:00:0020.11.1998
til
Last-minute correction:

UK actor Anthony Stewart Head has had to cancel.

-George Fergus
-Visions Staff

DRSACE

ulest,
20. nov. 1998, 03:00:0020.11.1998
til
>Last-minute correction:
>
>UK actor Anthony Stewart Head has had to cancel.

Now I won't feel so bad not being able to go this year. Hope he can do other
conventions in my area (Cincinatti)

rwh...@nr.infi.net

ulest,
20. nov. 1998, 03:00:0020.11.1998
til
In <365505C6...@xnet.com>, George Fergus <fer...@xnet.com> writes:
>Last-minute correction:
>
>UK actor Anthony Stewart Head has had to cancel.
>
>-George Fergus
>-Visions Staff

It may be a long shot at this late hour, but it might be possible to arrange
a substitute. I am sure Alyson Hannigan would be well-received by the fans, and
she does "go together" very well as "a package" with N.B.
"I would predict that there are far greater mistakes waiting
to be made by someone with your obvious talent for it."
Orac to Vila. [City at the Edge of the World.]
R.W. Hutchinson. | rwh...@nr.infi.net

0 nye meldinger