minifying prototype, is it allowed?

huda salam

Oct 14, 2009, 12:22:14 AM10/14/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi all,

is it allowed to minify prototype.js? are there any prototype-min.js
peckaged by prototype.js team?

thanks.

regards,
huda salam

T.J. Crowder

Oct 14, 2009, 4:13:14 AM10/14/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi,

> is it allowed to minify prototype.js?

Yup, more info here:
http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/prototype:tip-minimizing-download-times

> are there any prototype-min.js
> peckaged by prototype.js team?

No.

HTH,
--
T.J. Crowder
Independent Software Consultant

Buda

Oct 17, 2009, 6:39:49 PM10/17/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
But there 1.6.0.3 version is minified not 1.6.1 :(
> > huda salam- Скрыть цитируемый текст -
>
> - Показать цитируемый текст -

T.J. Crowder

Oct 19, 2009, 3:36:30 AM10/19/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
> But there 1.6.0.3 version is minified not 1.6.1 :(

There was no official minified version of any version of Prototype to
the best of my knowledge. There was something being maintained by a
member of the community (up to 1.6.0.2, I believe), but he decided to
stop maintaining it. It was never official.

-- T.J.

Buda

Oct 19, 2009, 6:17:05 AM10/19/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
I know it, but previuos versions were well formed in the view of
syntax and there was no problem to minify with any tool.
But the latest version is not syntax well formed :(
> > > - Показать цитируемый текст -- Скрыть цитируемый текст -

T.J. Crowder

Oct 19, 2009, 7:54:18 AM10/19/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi,

> But the latest version is not syntax well formed :(

Of course it is; if it weren't, it wouldn't work.

If you find any *specific* issues that prevent you from minifying it
(for instance, a missing semicolon -- I found one a couple of weeks
back), please raise tickets in Lighthouse[1]. If there are any, those
would be bugs (IMV).

[1] https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886-prototype/overview

Cheers,

-- T.J.

T.J. Crowder

Oct 20, 2009, 10:59:17 AM10/20/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
Hi,

This thread[1] may be of use -- someone who's taken the time to
identify the missing semis and give line numbers! (And opened a
ticket in lighthouse.)

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous/browse_thread/thread/9212100bb09a86e3

-- T.J.

Alex McAuley

Oct 20, 2009, 11:23:15 AM10/20/09
to prototype-s...@googlegroups.com
i'll write a parser when i have time to check for these things and ammend
the code to have the semi colons...

will try to get it done in the next day or 2

Alex Mcauley
http://www.thevacancymarket.com

Buda

Oct 20, 2009, 6:40:19 PM10/20/09
to Prototype & script.aculo.us
To see all of missings and errors - try to test library in this tool
http://jsutility.pjoneil.net/

On 20 окт, 17:59, "T.J. Crowder" <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This thread[1] may be of use -- someone who's taken the time to
> identify the missing semis and give line numbers!  (And opened a
> ticket in lighthouse.)
>
> [1]http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-scriptaculous/browse_thread/...

Tobie Langel

Oct 21, 2009, 12:31:00 PM10/21/09