Bug status report

Tiago Silveira

Jul 2, 2010, 9:48:15 AM7/2/10
to orkut Developer Forum, p...@google.com
At last a light in the end of the tunnel.

1. We found the cause of the issue reading preferences that prevents
an app from posting activities: we're overriding user settings when we
show the app for the first time.

Cause: set-prefs has a bug
Temporary workaround: do not call set-prefs when your gadget is shown
for the first time.
Long-term solution: we'll fix it on our side and let you know so you
can revert back to calling set-prefs when the gadget is loaded.

2. Our cross-team effort worked and you should see data pipelined
requests (os:ViewerRequest and os:OwnerRequest) working on
sandbox.orkut.com. Please test it and reply to this thread if
something doesn't work for you.

We'll keep you informed of our progress.

Sincerely,
Tiago Silveira

Dig Ji

Jul 3, 2010, 9:49:58 AM7/3/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Also Look , There are Lot of Phishing Attacks on Users ,

Attackers Create Orkut Sex Page and Free Mobile Recharge page and ask Usere Login Details  To Hack there Password.

They after Hacking profile Post Harmful Link in About me Section and  use Porn Pics to Harm users Social Image .

Its Better to Take Legal Action against all those Guys Who Hack Innocent Users Profile, This will also Stop other Hackers to Hack Others Profiles But also Give free Popularity to Orkut.without any Investment.

Please Think on this matter , I personally retrive many Hacked profiles but all users dont use Secondary mail and many of them dont remember Security Answer.So they have no option except to Cry .

I feel very Bad when i can't Help all those People who came to me to regain ownership of there profiles.

So please do Something To Block Phishing Attacks

Thanks

Abhishek

Jul 5, 2010, 10:51:29 AM7/5/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hi Tiago,

I feel too sorry to say that data pipelining is still not
working.
Here is what I tried:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Module>
<ModulePrefs title="Viwer Information">

<Require feature="opensocial-0.8"/>

<Require feature="opensocial-data"/>
<Require feature="opensocial-templates">
<Param name="process-on-server">true</Param>

</Require>
</ModulePrefs>
<Content type="html">
<![CDATA[
<script type="text/os-data" xmlns:os="http://ns.opensocial.org/
2008/markup">

<os:OwnerRequest key="owner" fields="name"/>
</script>

<script type="text/os-template" require="owner" xmlns:os="http://
ns.opensocial.org/2008/markup" xmlns:osx= "http://ns.opensocial.org/
2009/extensions">

This app belongs to ${owner.name.familyName}
</script>
]]>
</Content>
</Module>

Regards,
Abhi

Tiago Silveira

Jul 6, 2010, 11:26:06 AM7/6/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hi Abhishek,

The service we use in sandbox (gmodules.com) had to be rolled back due
to other bugs unrelated to orkut. I'm in contact with them and it's
being fixed.

On other news, we have a fix for set-prefs ready to push to
production. I'll let you know when it's rolled out.

We're also working on long term stability improvements. Stay tuned.

Tiago Silveira

Jul 6, 2010, 1:00:43 PM7/6/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hello everyone,

just to let you know that the set-prefs fix is being rolled out to all
machines right now.

We're also updating sandbox today.

Eduardo Rocha

Jul 6, 2010, 2:14:18 PM7/6/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Tiago, thanks for the updates on these issues, they are really
appreciated.

Abhishek Dhote

Jul 6, 2010, 3:19:34 PM7/6/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Tiago for the update, I truly appreciate!

Regards,
Abhi

Regards,
Abhishek Krantikumar Dhote
H + 080 - 41150785
M + 91 - 9901362321
http://in.linkedin.com/in/abhishekkdhote
Be the change that you want to see in the world!

Tiago Silveira

Jul 6, 2010, 3:51:02 PM7/6/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Production and Sandbox are both updated at 100% with the fix for app
permissions.

If you momentarily changed your app to not save preferences when it's
loaded (why should your app be doing it anyway?), you can switch back
now. Posting activities should work for everyone, please reply here if
your app is still unable to send activities.

ViewerRequest and OwnerRequest are unfortunately still broken.

--Tiago

c0da

Jul 6, 2010, 4:52:31 PM7/6/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hi, please, some ETA about this? Are already over 20 days.

Bruno M. V. Souza

Jul 7, 2010, 10:53:17 AM7/7/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Thanks for the updates Tiago!

There are some ETA about the fix of data pipelining requests?

-- Bruno

Sundeep

Jul 7, 2010, 5:23:47 PM7/7/10
to orkut Developer Forum

I am also eagerly waiting for the pipelining fix.

Thanks,
Sundeep

Tiago Silveira

Jul 8, 2010, 3:10:05 PM7/8/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hello everyone,

A little hope this time: we came up with a fix for data pipelining,
but it affects backward compatibility for server-to-server RPCs a
little bit. If you're sending requests from your server to
/social/rpc, you must be ready to accept a JSON response that contains
a "result" or a "data" field in the response. Orkut currently sends
only the "data" field, and the javascript code that you are running
right now only looks for the "result" field. Orkut will start sending
both now. It shouldn't hurt anyone if their code was already written
to expect either of the fields set. It could break clients that expect
the "data" field to be the first or the only field in the response.

To see the main discussion, check out the JIRA issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1144

I'll push sandbox with this change today and include it in the next
orkut push. Once sandbox is pushed and we see no further issues, I'll
give you a final date for the fix to reach production.

Again, let me reiterate that gadgets calling ViewerRequest or
OwnerRequest don't need to be changed. Only look at your server-side
code if your server calls opensocial RPCs directly on Orkut.

Regards,
Tiago

sunnydiv

Jul 9, 2010, 3:32:46 AM7/9/10
to orkut Developer Forum
its working in sandbox - finally
thanks

please do let us know, when this will be pushed to Live version
so that we can notify our users

Abhishek Dhote

Jul 9, 2010, 4:33:26 AM7/9/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Yeh, its finally up and working in sandbox!

360.gif

Sundeep

Jul 13, 2010, 12:17:09 AM7/13/10
to orkut Developer Forum

Do we have a date when the fix will be rolled out to production?

Sundeep

On Jul 9, 1:33 am, Abhishek Dhote <abhishekdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeh, its finally up and working in sandbox![?]
> > opensocial-ork...@googlegroups.com<opensocial-orkut%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut?hl=en.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Abhishek Krantikumar Dhote
> H + 080 - 41150785
> M + 91 - 9901362321http://in.linkedin.com/in/abhishekkdhote
> Be the change that you want to see in the world!
>
>  360.gif
> < 1KViewDownload

Tiago Silveira

Jul 14, 2010, 1:27:37 PM7/14/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Finally I have an answer: we're pushing the fix to production tomorrow
(or tonight if your time zone is west enough).

Fingers crossed, if all bugs are solved we can start talking about the
cool stuff we were doing before it all came down.

sunnydiv

Jul 14, 2010, 3:04:28 PM7/14/10
to orkut Developer Forum
oh thank you brother
and thank the lord

Sundeep

Jul 16, 2010, 1:22:29 AM7/16/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Tiago,

Has the fix been deployed to production? could you pl confirm.

Thx,
Sundeep

Bruno M. V. Souza

Jul 16, 2010, 7:58:26 AM7/16/10
to orkut Developer Forum
I have the same question. =)

Could you please confirm Tiago?

sunnydiv

Jul 16, 2010, 2:25:29 PM7/16/10
to orkut Developer Forum
only working in sandbox here

Sundeep

Jul 17, 2010, 1:04:01 PM7/17/10
to orkut Developer Forum
I have lost 80% of my traffic / viral loops completely destroyed ..
this is insane!

Tiago Silveira

Jul 19, 2010, 9:20:55 AM7/19/10
to orkut Developer Forum
I agree, this is insane.

The fix has been deployed, it should be working for all apps. I don't
see anything wrong in the logs.

May I have an example of app that works on sandbox but not in
production?

> read more »

Abhishek Dhote

Jul 19, 2010, 9:48:26 AM7/19/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Here is the famous app Mapster which is broken I guess because of Data-Pipelining issue

Last week I could see the fix working in production but went down the next time, can you guies confirm?

- Abhi

Tiago Silveira

Jul 19, 2010, 11:04:11 AM7/19/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Thanks, Abhishek.

I just had confirmation that the gmodules service has issues in
production and they are planning to push the fix from last week again
today.

Sorry for the trouble,
Tiago

On Jul 19, 10:48 am, Abhishek Dhote <abhishekdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the famous app Mapster which is broken I guess because of
> Data-Pipelining issue
>
> http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Application?uid=13201810577349551563&appI...
>
> Last week I could see the fix working in production but went down the next
> time, can you guies confirm?
>
> <http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Application?uid=13201810577349551563&appI...>-
>
> read more »

Sundeep

Jul 19, 2010, 12:08:24 PM7/19/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Tiago

Will you pl update this thread as soon as the the fix is deployed?

Thx, Sundeep

> read more »

anatoly

Jul 20, 2010, 7:07:13 AM7/20/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hi Tiago

My app is currently working in sandbox but not in production'
I'm using pipelingin with owner and fetching owner's appdata on
profile view.

Works fine in sandbox.

thnx

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

Eduardo Rocha

Jul 20, 2010, 11:47:03 PM7/20/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Finally I can see this bug fixed!!!

> mais »

Abhishek Dhote

Jul 21, 2010, 2:23:47 AM7/21/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I can see it working now, but last week it was intermittent so lets wait for the official communication from the Orkut.

Regards,
Abhi

anatoly

Jul 21, 2010, 5:33:18 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Doesn't work for me in production.
Works fine in sandbox.

Please don't think it's fixed already 100%.

On Jul 21, 9:23 am, Abhishek Dhote <abhishekdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I can see it working now, but last week it was intermittent so lets
> wait for the official communication from the Orkut.
>
> Regards,
> Abhi

Bruno M. V. Souza

Jul 21, 2010, 7:45:49 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum

Seems to be working for me too.
Tiago, we already have an official note?

Regards,
Bruno Souza

On 21 jul, 03:23, Abhishek Dhote <abhishekdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I can see it working now, but last week it was intermittent so lets
> wait for the official communication from the Orkut.
>
> Regards,
> Abhi

> mais »

anatoly

Jul 21, 2010, 7:55:48 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
doesn't work for me on production.
works on sandbox only.

what's the point pressuring for official note when there are reports
that it is still not 100%?

sunnydiv

Jul 21, 2010, 8:23:54 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
anatoly,
make sure that you tried clt+F5
plus try multiple apps on multiple profile
just to be sure

> read more »

anatoly

Jul 21, 2010, 8:32:44 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
@sunnydiv

yes, I did try ctrl+f5
But I don't get your point, there is no client-side code on profile,
no javascript, etc.

I mean no cache issues to worry about, etc.
The SAME app works in sandbox, but not on production on profile view.
This behavior is the same on all browsers.

So you can be sure there is an issue on orkut side (or the fix was not
fully pushed yet).

Tiago Silveira

Jul 22, 2010, 12:47:55 AM7/22/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hello everyone,

Some machines got a proper push while others didn't. Depending on
where in the world you are, you'll hit a different machine when you
access orkut.gmodules.com. No official annoucement yet, sorry.

Anatoly, can you give me the link to your app please? I bet it works
from some countries...

> read more »

anatoly

Jul 22, 2010, 2:25:27 AM7/22/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hello Tiago

Starting approx. 3 hours ago it started to work for me.
I see it working on all apps.

thnx

Abhishek Dhote

Jul 22, 2010, 4:34:04 AM7/22/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Same is the case with me, its been working for me today {I am feeling lucky}!

- Abhi

Sundeep

Jul 22, 2010, 6:12:38 PM7/22/10
to orkut Developer Forum

But what really matters is what the users are seeing ..

Tiago - would you please confirm if the rollout is complete?

thx

On Jul 22, 1:34 am, Abhishek Dhote <abhishekdh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Same is the case with me, its been working for me today {I am feeling
> lucky}!
>
> - Abhi

> read more »

Tiago Silveira

Jul 23, 2010, 10:13:54 AM7/23/10
to orkut Developer Forum
The rollout is complete! I can promise you we won't turn that off, no
matter what happens. If there are other bugs, we'll do a new push over
it.

Hope you see your usage graphs coming back. I know it was a tough
month for you all and we're taking measures to automatically detect
such issues in the future.

We'll keep an eye on your inputs from the other thread from now on:
http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut/browse_thread/thread/e9ee6d5e4738eead/0560a69a3e5316ad

Big thanks in the name of the orkut apps team.