We need your inputs

Prashant (Google)

Jul 21, 2010, 10:41:54 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hi everyone,

We wanted to do a status check on the issues we're currently working
on, and the ones we believe that have been now fixed. We're trying to
consolidate our efforts in prioritising and fixing the ones that are
still open, and need your inputs to confirm how many of you are still
struggling with them. Please take some time to review the following
and post any comments you may have.

Currently, these are the top issues reported here that we're aware of,
along with their status:

1. The app review process: As Tiago wrote in the other thread, there
was an issue with app reviewer last week, which is fixed.

2. Activity updates: This was broken for most of last month, but
should now be working.

3. Data pipelining: Worked intermittently for a while, but as of now,
still not fixed.

4. 401/Authentication failed/timestamp_refused/Invalid input:
Cccurring randomly with both 2-legged and 3-legged calls: We have a
bug on this and need to fix this. (@Robson: I suppose you were
referring to the same issue in your other responses?)

Please also add anything that may be missing from this list to help us
help you better. Any progress that we make will be updated to the "Bug
status report" thread (http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut/
browse_thread/thread/9056200b5b35c569).

Thanks,
Prashant

anatoly

Jul 21, 2010, 10:52:36 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Regarding #2 seems to be fixed and working.

Regarding #3 I can confirm that it is still not fixed.

Works fine on sandbox, doesn't work on production (all browsers).
Profile view fetching owner and owner appdata (with pipelining).

Prashant (Google)

Jul 21, 2010, 11:10:09 AM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Thanks for your response Anatoly, we need to hear more people.

By the way, there's another one that I was reminded of:

5. Some people are reporting that their apps often show "This app is
still under review". That isn't exactly an orkut-related issue, but we
have to get it out of the way soon, too.

Prashant

Scrapur .com

Jul 21, 2010, 11:48:50 AM7/21/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
App Review Process is Still Not up to the Mark, Apps are appearing in Latest app list but we Dont able to access all those Apps.

"This gadget has not yet cleared the review process"

Second Porn Apps are really a Big Threat for Developers as they are directing users to Wrong Path.

Thx

Eduardo Rocha

Jul 21, 2010, 1:32:26 PM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
anatoly, could you post a profile URL that isn't working?
> > .

Robson Dantas

Jul 21, 2010, 2:09:18 PM7/21/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
@Prashant,

Yes, i was referring to the item number 4.

Tks

Robson Dantas

anatoly

Jul 21, 2010, 3:46:27 PM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Eduardo:
for privacy reasons I prefer not to post urls publicly. I can PM all
neccessary info to orkut team though.

I see it on many apps.
Certain big apps (like buddypoke) have still their profile
functionality temporarily disabled and just use a link to the canvas
with picture while they used to fetch owner/appdata when it used to
work.

Since it works in sandbox and the very same app doesn't work on
production for the very same user
and Prashant just confirmed that the issue is not fixed yet (see the
1st post) I understand that this is an orkut issue and there is no
point of insisting it's "working". Maybe it's working for some apps
but not working for others which make use of different features.
> > >http://groups.google.com/group/opensocial-orkut?hl=en.- Hide quoted text -

Eduardo Rocha

Jul 21, 2010, 5:14:30 PM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
I think nobody insisted that is working 100%.

anatoly

Jul 21, 2010, 5:43:39 PM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
OK.
current official status - "still not fixed".

anatoly

Jul 21, 2010, 6:45:16 PM7/21/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Now started to work on production too BTW

Bruno M. V. Souza

Jul 22, 2010, 11:21:17 AM7/22/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Hi everyone,

About #1:
Is working as expected here.

About #2:
Is working as expected here.

About #3:
Is working as expected for me / my apps since last tuesday.

About #4:
I´ll keep my eyes on that. I didn´t noted yet.

About #5:
I didn´t noticed that, but 'This gadget cannot be dispalyed because of
users age or safety settings' is being showed in some of my soccer
apps if the "safety filter", that I think can ONLY be configured in
old orkut, is set to "do not show inappropriate content ". I think it
is a bug. I can post some samples if you guys need.

Thanks,
Bruno Souza

Allann Jones

Jul 22, 2010, 12:00:52 PM7/22/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
About #4. I'm debugging from my side too for a possible reason to that
problem. Does exist a chance to Orkut OpenSocial server to be sensible
to HTTP headers? Some firewalls rewrite the headers and the server
must be flexible to these common modifications.

The some source code still running without errors on a city, but on
another city that the only modification is the firewall, but the
requesting IP and domain still the same, the application doesn't run.
It's possible to access Orkut and Sandbox through the browser on the 2
cities, it's possible to ping the server, it's possible to get the
Auth key, but it's not possible to get the response from Orkut
OpenSocial requesting commands, getting the following response:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>OAuth Authentication Failuretimestamp_refused</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">
<H1>OAuth Authentication Failuretimestamp_refused</H1>
<H2>Error 401</H2>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Thank you. Best.

> --

Allann Jones

"I received the fundamentals of my education in school, but that was
not enough. My real education, the superstructure, the details, the
true architecture, I got out of the public library. For an
impoverished child whose family could not afford to buy books, the
library was the open door to wonder and achievement, and I can never
be sufficiently grateful that I had the wit to charge through that
door and make the most of it." (from I. Asimov, 1994)

Bruno M. V. Souza

Jul 23, 2010, 2:46:14 PM7/23/10
to orkut Developer Forum
About #4:
'timestamp_refused' just happened on my 2-legged calls. I adjusted
server´s clock and everything's allright now.

Regards,
Bruno Souza

René Tapia

Jul 23, 2010, 3:14:02 PM7/23/10
to opensoci...@googlegroups.com
Hello, my app was working fine last night, but it is not showing today.

If you go to my app's info page:
   http://www.orkut.com/AppInfo.aspx?appId=1078012827336

you get:

   "This gadget has not yet cleared the review process"

My app was approved about 2 years ago, and has been in production since then. I would really appreciate if you could let me know if this is related to issue #1 the app reviewer bug, or whether I am missing something.

Best regards and thanks in advance for your time and consideration,
Rene Tapia

Prashant (Google)

Jul 28, 2010, 11:29:22 AM7/28/10
to orkut Developer Forum
Thanks to everyone who chimed in! We have consolidated this
information in the form of action items and will be working on
resolving all issues as soon as possible.

Prashant