MyLifeOrganized products roadmap

Andrey Tkachuk (MLO)

Sep 16, 2010, 5:48:23 AM9/16/10
to MyLifeOrganized
Hello!

I would like to share with you the roadmap of MyLifeOrganized
products. As you know are working hard on several MLO products at the
moment and I would like to give you more information on this.

MLO-Desktop
-----------------------
We have started working on new major version. Here is the part of what
we plan to add:
- Tabbed interface and new windows
- Time tracking in some way
- Full Unicode support
- Will consider a way to see tasks in a calendar view (did not decide
the implementation details yet)
Before new major version we may release a few 3.x versions with minor
updates.
As always our goal is to keep MLO lightweight and as powerful as you
want it to be in your setup!

MLO-Cloud
---------------------
The MyLifeOrganized Cloud Sync service doing very well and we will
continue working on optimization the cloud: https://sync.mylifeorganized.net/
Once released MLO-iPhone, MLO-Android will be connected to MLO Cloud.

MLO-BlackBerry
--------------------------
As you know we successfully released FINAL version 1.0. It was a major
achievement for us!
Right now we are working on new version 1.1 which will include:
- Reminders
- Auto open database
- More optimizations for touch devices
- Check for updates
- Optimize Cloud sync
- Other optimizations and improvements

MLO-iPhone
---------------------
Here is the functionality we need to finish before the final release:
- Manage contexts and locations
- Nearby view
- Memory usage optimization
- Multitasking support
- Reminders (or delay the implantation after the final release)
- WiFi sync (or delay the implantation after the final release)

The rest of the functionality is implemented already.
We plan to release the next beta with recurrence and other
improvements soon. I will send the update to registered beta testers
and to those new beta team members who selected.

Our planned target for the FINAL release is November.

MLO-Android
-----------------------
We continue working on design and porting BlackBerry java code to
Android.
No release or beta date defined at the moment but the team is doing
very well. I will let you know once we check all the design decisions
after which we can plan the release schedule.

MLO-PocketPC
--------------------
We will continue supporting existed version of MLO-PocketPC. With new
release we already connected it to MLO Cloud so that you can sync with
your desktop over-the-air even without ActiveSync.

MyLifeOrganized forum
--------------------------------
We are planning to move from google groups to a new forum. If you have
any suggestions – let me know. The option to read forum and respond
with email is preferable. Alternatively the forum may be replaced by a
complex communication system (see below).

Customer communication
-----------------------------------
We plan to setup the complex customer communication system which may
include:
- customer satisfaction forum (like UseVoice or Getsatisfaction)
- Facebook fan page
- Twitter (already done)
- Blog
- New forum
With all new exciting products we will definitely need new
communication system in place. So we need to decide how all these
things will connect to each other. For example will we need a regular
forum if we start using getsatsfaction? If you have ideas or
suggestions – let us know on this google forum. It will work until we
implement the new setup.

I really appreciate Mark’s effort to setup UserVoice for MLO:
http://groups.google.com/group/mylifeorganized/browse_thread/thread/b88ef5daa0c3a91a#
http://mlo.uservoice.com/forums/9235-general
Let’s consider it as a temporal unofficial MLO community until we have
the full community system in place.
I will review the forum regularly and the information there will
definitely help us to understand priorities of our customers.

MyLifeOrganized website
--------------------------------
With new products added to MyLifeOrganized we do need to redesign our
website and we are working on it.

We are very excited about all the new products and power we are adding
to MyLifeOrganized. We really appreciate your patience while we are in
this transition mode. You know launching new products always requires
much effort and concentration. Especially if you want to deliver high
quality. Your suggestions and support are really helpful for us!

With your support we will bring MyLifeOrganized task management
application to the new level!

Thank you.
Andrey Tkachuk and MLO-Team

This conversation is locked