Re: MSN Explorer Address bar

Jennifer Burgin [MSN MVP]

Dec 21, 2005, 5:35:52 PM12/21/05
Have you tried deleting your website history list from within Internet
Explorer? Go to Tools/Internet Options/History/Clear History. Then, check
MSN Explorer and see if the browsing history also clears.

--
Jennifer Burgin :)
> Does anyone know how to delete the drop down list that appears when you
> start
> to type in the address bar. Deleting cookies and history does not remove
> this and in the new version of MSN explorer you cannot delete them when
> you
> are looking at them. I have gone through the help at Verizon and they
> have
> not been able to get rid of them. Does anyone know the file that would be
> holding this information?

Message has been deleted

PA Bear

Dec 21, 2005, 7:23:52 PM12/21/05
That does not address the dropdown list in IE or MSN Explorer.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

Jennifer Burgin [MSN MVP] wrote:
> Have you tried deleting your website history list from within Internet
> Explorer? Go to Tools/Internet Options/History/Clear History. Then,
> check MSN Explorer and see if the browsing history also clears.

Jennifer Burgin [MSN MVP]

Dec 22, 2005, 6:17:12 PM12/22/05
;) Understood.

--
Jennifer Burgin :)

"PA Bear" <PABe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ben B. [US]

Dec 22, 2005, 7:13:23 PM12/22/05
Actually sometimes that does work.

You and winston need to stop acting like the know it alls around here. You
don't need to single people out and tell them they're wrong. Why don't you
instead supply your idea on how to fix the issue and the original poster can
try both ideas? For example why didn't you add to this post how to clear the
dropdown boxes? Because you don't know how? Well if that is the case, you
have no room talking and you're post was unneeded. at least Jennifer
supplied one thing to try. It's a start.

Now that I've singled you out for not supply a possible solution, here is
what I'd do:

First I'd delete the cookies, temporary internet files, and history. If this
didn't work I'd go into the registry (Select Start >> Run "regedit") and
find
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSN6\Users\%msn-email-address%\TypedURLs
and delete everything within it, this will delete the MSN Explorer typed
URLS. I'd then repeat this with
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs, for
Internet Explorer. Let us know if this doesn't work.

--
Ben B. [US]
<http://spaces.msn.com/members/bbodenmiller/>

...winston

Dec 22, 2005, 10:00:39 PM12/22/05
Welcome back Ben, still trying to be the group's parlimentarian ?

With respect to your solution..If I read the op correctly, the op stated
that deleting the cookies, and history didn't clear the drop down box, as
far as the tif while it stores the majority of internet activity, it does
not store addresses or typed urls in IE or MSn.

The registry edit may be the only solution, though for IE addresses and many
folks it should be a last resort to IE's General Tab Clear History option.
For those not registry editing ready, there are a few safer tools and free
out there to clear the IE history(Easy Cleaner free version)...though as
with any utility, similar to regedit caution is warranted).
Since caution is suggested for registry editing, even you should consider
adding that caution and/or suggest to proceed at one's own risk since the
potential always exists with regedit to render the system useless.

For MSn..its always a toss up of what should but doesn't work..inevitably
leading to brute force registry corrective action which is far becoming the
norm.

Choice is good, choice without being informed of the potential consequences
is bad.

Have a good holiday,
..winston

"Ben B. [US]" <NOSPAM.bb...@hotmail.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
: Actually sometimes that does work.

:
:

PA Bear

Dec 22, 2005, 10:16:39 PM12/22/05
cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser/msg/498f7a51c71d5f35

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)