Address Drop-Down Box Entries

已查看 0 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Regina Litman

未读,
2003年9月28日 18:23:262003/9/28
收件人
I make good use of the Address drop-down box - I've been a bit lax in
putting things into Favorites, so sometimes I just rely on History and
the Address drop-down box to get me back to somewhere I've been.

Sometimes, the entries in the Address drop-down box disappear. Does
anyone know what causes this? Also, is there a place in Tools | Internet
Options or anywhere else on the system that can be accessed simply (that
is, not by doing any kind of Registry Edits or the like) where I can do
any of the following? I'm using Internet Explorer 6.0 under Windows XP.
It's XP Professional, but I'm using it more like XP Home, and I'm an
administrator.

1. Determine how many entries can go into this drop-down box.

2. Clear it out myself (although as you can see above from my reaction
when it has disappeared, this is not something I'll usually want to do).

3. Individually remove one or more entries in the drop-down box while
keeping the others there. (I suspect that if this is doable at all, it
requires a Registry Edit type of function.)

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.
--
Please note my correct email address:

rslitman [at-sign] infionline [dot] net

DVarnau

未读,
2003年9月28日 22:05:162003/9/28
收件人
Hi,
1. The TypedURLs key holds 25. I don't think that can be changed.
2. Start> Settings> Taskbar. Advanced> Clear. That, however, clears other
lists as well.
DelTypedURL.inf from http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/download.htm
or manually:
157729 - How to Clear the History Entries in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q157729
3. DelTypedURL.inf from http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/download.htm
or manually:
157729 - How to Clear the History Entries in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q157729

Additional info: If you type URLs in via File> Open or Ctrl + o, they don't
end up in the address bar dropdown list. I'd an easy way to keep just a
select few entries there. When the TypedURLs list gets cleared out, I'd
suspect human intervention, since there are several ways to [inadvertently]
clear it.

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com

"Regina Litman" <rslitman[at]infi.net> wrote in message

0 个新帖子