bwi driver

Eitan Adler

Aug 14, 2009, 8:41:53 AM8/14/09
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org
I have a Lenovo G530 laptop with a broadcom wireless card.
I downloaded the drivers referenced here:
I installed them and loaded them.

However pciconf -lv|grep bwi produces no output and ifconfig does not
mention any wireless cards.

What should I try now?

--
Eitan Adler
"Security is increased by designing for the way humans actually behave."

Brian A. Seklecki

Aug 14, 2009, 12:49:03 PM8/14/09
to Eitan Adler, freebsd-...@freebsd.org
On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 12:41 +0000, Eitan Adler wrote:
> I have a Lenovo G530 laptop with a broadcom wireless card.
> I downloaded the drivers referenced here:

If the driver didn't attach because IBM chose some exotic OEM PCI ID,
then the grep wont find it.

You really should post the full pciconf(8) and dmesg(8) for us, as well
as kldstat(8) -v.

uname(1) -a would also be helpful.

~BAS

Neal Hogan

Aug 14, 2009, 12:49:07 PM8/14/09
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 7:41 AM, Eitan Adler<eitanad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a Lenovo G530 laptop with a broadcom wireless card.
> I downloaded the drivers referenced here:
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=170
> I installed them and loaded them.
>
> However pciconf -lv|grep bwi produces no output and ifconfig does not
> mention any wireless cards.
>
> What should I try now?

man iwconfig
man lspci

> --
> Eitan Adler
> "Security is increased by designing for the way humans actually behave."
> -Jakob Nielsen

Mel Flynn

Aug 14, 2009, 1:19:50 PM8/14/09
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org, Neal Hogan
On Friday 14 August 2009 08:49:07 Neal Hogan wrote:

> man lspci

?? wrong "distribution". Try pciconf.
--
Mel

Neal Hogan

Aug 14, 2009, 1:22:00 PM8/14/09
to Mel Flynn, freebsd-...@freebsd.org

Ah . . . sorry, got mixed up with mailing lists. Thanks for correcting me!

> --
> Mel

Eitan Adler

Aug 14, 2009, 9:39:02 AM8/14/09
to sekl...@noc.cfi.pgh.pa.us, freebsd-...@freebsd.org

> You really should post the full pciconf(8) and dmesg(8) for us, as well
> as kldstat(8) -v.
http://pastebin.com/f368e0550
http://pastebin.com/f7d5f883d
http://pastebin.com/f7500570e
http://pastebin.com/f606e2c81

Neal Hogan

Aug 14, 2009, 1:36:04 PM8/14/09
to freebsd-...@freebsd.org

BTW - The same goes for iwconfig

>> --
>> Mel

Eitan Adler

Aug 15, 2009, 8:58:20 PM8/15/09
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM, Eitan Adler<eitanad...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> You really should post the full pciconf(8) and dmesg(8) for us, as well
>> as kldstat(8) -v.
I sent an email previously which may have been caught by some spam
filters as having too many links so I'm resending this.
The links include dmesg, kldstat -v, and pciconf -lv
https://groups.google.com/group/lucky.freebsd.questions/msg/4cd06e29318614ce