Call for Input: LRMI Use Cases

Greg Grossmeier

Aug 22, 2011, 11:09:55 AM8/22/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Please find attached the LRMI Use Case templates (in Microsoft Word and
Open Document formats).

If you are a member of an organization, company, or project that will
potentially adopt the LRMI standard (upon finalization) please submit a
Use Case to lr...@creativecommons.org (this address goes to the LRMI
Technical Working Group co-chairs; myself and Mike Linksvayer).

Simply follow the outline in the template and address all of the points
you are able.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me
(gr...@creativecommons.org) or lr...@creativecommons.org .

Best,

Greg

--
Greg Grossmeier
Education Technology & Policy Coordinator

LRMIUseCaseTemplate.doc
LRMIUseCaseTemplate.odt

Paul Libbrecht

Aug 23, 2011, 2:40:49 AM8/23/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Greg,

I fear this triggers a flood of fancy use cases which are not really realistic use cases.
Do you share this fear?
Or is the template probably sufficiently limiting. I like the "If you are going to adopt LRMI".

paul

> <LRMIUseCaseTemplate.doc><LRMIUseCaseTemplate.odt>

Greg Grossmeier

Aug 24, 2011, 3:31:23 PM8/24/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
On 08/23/2011 12:40 AM, Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Greg,

That'd be great!

> I fear this triggers a flood of fancy use cases which are not really realistic use cases.
> Do you share this fear?
> Or is the template probably sufficiently limiting. I like the "If you are going to adopt LRMI".

Maybe when you forward it you could include a note about realistic
and/or "planned adoptions" to keep out the unrealistic submissions?

Thanks!

Joshua Marks

Aug 31, 2011, 5:41:44 PM8/31/11
to Learning Resource Metadata Initiative
It seems I can not attach a file in a message or replay here. I have
sent Greg the Curriki use cases form and a spreadsheet with the data
model directly.

On Aug 22, 8:09 am, Greg Grossmeier <g...@creativecommons.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Please find attached the LRMI Use Case templates (in Microsoft Word and
> Open Document formats).
>
> If you are a member of an organization, company, or project that will
> potentially adopt the LRMI standard (upon finalization) please submit a
> Use Case to l...@creativecommons.org (this address goes to the LRMI
> Technical Working Group co-chairs; myself and Mike Linksvayer).
>
> Simply follow the outline in the template and address all of the points
> you are able.
>
> If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me
> (g...@creativecommons.org) or l...@creativecommons.org .
>
> Best,
>
> Greg
>
> --
> Greg Grossmeier
> Education Technology & Policy Coordinatorhttp://creativecommons.org /  g...@creativecommons.org
>
>  LRMIUseCaseTemplate.doc
> 31KViewDownload
>
>  LRMIUseCaseTemplate.odt
> 11KViewDownload

Greg Grossmeier

Sep 1, 2011, 5:30:46 PM9/1/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Joshua,

I have attached the documents with this message. Hopefully this makes them findable on the LRMI Google Group.

Best,

Greg
LRMIUseCase_curriki.doc
Curriki Resource Information and Tags.xls

Brian Ausland

Sep 21, 2011, 7:01:21 PM9/21/11
to Learning Resource Metadata Initiative
Greg, enjoyed your information in Mountain View today, jetlagged or
not...will be in touch more as things move along and look forward to
Friday's discussion.
-Brian

On Aug 22, 8:09 am, Greg Grossmeier <g...@creativecommons.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Please find attached the LRMI Use Case templates (in Microsoft Word and
> Open Document formats).
>
> If you are a member of an organization, company, or project that will
> potentially adopt the LRMI standard (upon finalization) please submit a
> Use Case to l...@creativecommons.org (this address goes to the LRMI
> Technical Working Group co-chairs; myself and Mike Linksvayer).
>
> Simply follow the outline in the template and address all of the points
> you are able.
>
> If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me
> (g...@creativecommons.org) or l...@creativecommons.org .
>
> Best,
>
> Greg
>
> --
> Greg Grossmeier

Pieter Kleymeer

Sep 22, 2011, 1:26:43 PM9/22/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Will the use cases be made public soon? Also, where are you on the published timeline: http://wiki.creativecommons.org/LRMI/Timeline?

thanks-

-Piet

Greg Grossmeier

Sep 22, 2011, 6:53:45 PM9/22/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Piet,

Thanks for your inquiry.

For now, the Use Cases are linked to from our Face to Face meeting
agenda that can be found here:
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/LRMI/Face-to-Face

I can make a cleaner, more straight-forward page shortly.

I have also updated the timeline page with our current status/expected
dates for next steps. http://wiki.creativecommons.org/LRMI/Timeline

As always, let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Greg

Greg Grossmeier

Sep 27, 2011, 5:31:07 PM9/27/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
On 09/22/2011 03:53 PM, Greg Grossmeier wrote:
> I can make a cleaner, more straight-forward page shortly.

"Shortly" is relative.

Here is the public listing of LRMI Use Cases. There are two newly
submitted cases that I am clearing with public posting now and will add
when they are cleared.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/LRMI/UseCases

Best,

Greg

--
Greg Grossmeier
Education Technology & Policy Coordinator

twitter: @g_gerg / identi.ca: @greg / skype: greg.grossmeier

Alan Paull

Sep 28, 2011, 4:28:20 AM9/28/11
to lr...@googlegroups.com
We have a major initiative called eXchanging Course Related Information (XCRI) here in the UK to encourage and standardise learning provider course advertising information. The standard relates to outputs from learning providers (universities and colleges, plus it can apply to others, such as training providers). There *ought* to be a relevant use case in respect of LRMI, I guess, but we have not established any links or mappings between LRMI and XCRI.

More information about XCRI can be found here: http://www.xcri.co.uk/.

I think that some form of simple mapping between XCRI and LRMI can be left till later, but I'd welcome any guidance on whether more immediate action might be useful.

Alan Paull

--

Alan Paull
APS Ltd