emulating action_replace_with_url() feature of MIMEDefang

Kurt Lieber

May 17, 2006, 1:28:56 PM5/17/06
I've seen a few questions from other folks about similar programs to
MIMEDefang that work under postfix. However, I'm really only
interested in one specific feature of MIMEDefang -- the ability to
strip off certain MIME attachments, save them to a defined directory
and replace the attachment with a URL in the email.

Is there a way to do something similar in Postfix?

Also, since the next version of Postfix will offer milter support,
does that mean MIMEDefang may/should work at that point?

Thanks.

--kurt

Noel Jones

May 17, 2006, 1:59:52 PM5/17/06
At 12:28 PM 5/17/2006, Kurt Lieber wrote:
>I've seen a few questions from other folks about similar
>programs to
>MIMEDefang that work under postfix. However, I'm really only
>interested in one specific feature of MIMEDefang -- the
>ability to
>strip off certain MIME attachments, save them to a defined
>directory
>and replace the attachment with a URL in the email.
>
>Is there a way to do something similar in Postfix?

I believe anomy sanitizer can be convinced to do something
similar.
http://mailtools.anomy.net/

You could also use maia mailguard to quarantine mail with
those specific attachments. The recipient has the ability
to release the message from quarantine.
http://www.renaissoft.com/maia/

>Also, since the next version of Postfix will offer milter
>support,
>does that mean MIMEDefang may/should work at that point?

It may, we'll have to wait and see. The initial postfix
milter implementation will likely be limited to a large
enough subset to get existing DKIM and SenderID milters to
work, with full milter support coming later.

--
Noel Jones

Wietse Venema

May 17, 2006, 2:18:41 PM5/17/06
Kurt Lieber:

I haven't had time to implement Milter message body replacement
yet, and don't want to delay the 2.3 release further. It is likely
that message body replacement will be added in the 2.4 release cycle.

Wietse