Correction Pl..Flora of Kaiga_ID_Please_11082011 PJ1

PUTTARAJU K

Aug 16, 2011, 10:33:00 PM8/16/11
to indiantreepix, Smita Raskar

Pl consider this post as PJ 3 Instead of PJ1, already posted PJ1 & PJ 2 under

Flora of Kaiga_ID_Please_11082011. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Puttaraju, K

Dear All,

Flora of Kaiga_ID_Please_11082011 PJ1. Commonly grow on in our Township garden & Park.

Date/Time-:11/08/11   -    08:30

Location- Place, Altitude - Kaiga , Uttar Kannada ,Karnataka, 380 mtrs

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-   wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Herb

Height/Length- 6.5cm

With Regards,
PUTTARAJU K,
SCIENTIFIC OFFICER,
KAIGA ATOMIC POWER PLANT,
POST-KAIGA, U.K.DISTRICT,
KARNATAKA -581400
MOB : 9448999150
EMAIL : pakshir...@gmail.com
             kputt...@npcil.co.in

DSC_0027.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 17, 2011, 1:13:34 PM8/17/11
to efloraofindia
Isnt this some Utricularia?
Pankaj
> EMAIL : pakshirajka...@gmail.com
>              kputtar...@npcil.co.in
>
>  DSC_0027.JPG
> 336KViewDownload

Vijayasankar

Aug 17, 2011, 2:25:12 PM8/17/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Lindernia hyssopioides, perhaps.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 17, 2011, 3:51:01 PM8/17/11
to efloraofindia
Yeah Acanthaceae.... sorry I skipped the fruits... :(
Pankaj

On Aug 17, 11:25 pm, Vijayasankar <vijay.botan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Lindernia hyssopioides*, perhaps.
>
> Regards
>
> Vijayasankar Raman
> National Center for Natural Products Research
> University of Mississippi

Vijayasankar

Aug 17, 2011, 4:01:11 PM8/17/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
No dear, it is Scrophulariaceae (or now Linderniaceae) :)

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 17, 2011, 4:23:08 PM8/17/11
to Vijayasankar, efloraofindia
:( sorry thats second mistake in one day....I should take some rest.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Giby Kuriakose

Aug 18, 2011, 1:46:29 AM8/18/11
to harisha puttahariyappa, Vijayasankar Raman, indiantreepix, PANKAJ KUMAR
I too think that this is Lindernia hyssopioides, as Vijay suggested.

I would like to get few more information on the plant, if available.  Whether the stamens are bearded. Whether the fruiting pedicel is deflexed or not.

Please refer the attached publication.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

J.M. Garg

Sep 20, 2013, 12:50:52 AM9/20/13
to efloraofindia, Puttaraju K, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, surajit koley, Giby Kuriakose, Vijayasankar Raman

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Lindernia hyssopioides, perhaps.
Regards
 Vijayasankar Raman

I too think that this is Lindernia hyssopioides, as Vijay suggested.
I would like to get few more information on the plant, if available.  Whether the stamens are bearded. Whether the fruiting pedicel is deflexed or not.
Please refer the attached publication.
Regards,
Giby

Feedback from another thread:
"................ Instead, I try to figure out what is Dopatrium lobelioides Benth.

We have two posts in eFI -
There is a 3rd post. by me, irrelevant here, i have already posted info-plates in this thread.

I pray Puttaraju Ji's permission for modifying (magnifying) part of his uploaded photographs. And i attach the same herewith. I also attach relevant entries from Icones and Flora Indica (on Gratiola lobelioides).
The DATA I find from all these documents (excluding illustrations plates of Icones, Coromandel) -
  • I am skipping leaf and capsule descriptions, because there are plenty space to form misconceptions from conflicting data in those descriptions
  • peduncles axillary (Roxb.); long peduncled (Roxb.); pedicels capillary (Hooker); longish pedicelled (Wight)
  • corolla nearly 5 times the length of the calyx (against 3 or 4 times in Bonnaya hissopioides Benth,)
  • as for globose capsule, it is not clear if "IMG_8549.jpg" of Prashnt Ji's post is a capsule; if it is a capsule, i think, we can see same in the modified photo of Pottaraju Ji's post
  • even blue markings on corolla are very similar in all the posts discussed here; we can ignore the color  blue or purplish.
The post at https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/indiantreepix/K19PuNKreBg is surely Dopatrium lobelioides Benth. (assuming Dinesh Ji's and Prashant Ji's posts are correctly identified, though have some doubt over one photograph in Dinesh Ji's post).
Thank you
Regards,
surajit"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

surajit koley

Sep 20, 2013, 1:27:06 PM9/20/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Puttaraju K, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Giby Kuriakose, Vijayasankar Raman
Dear Garg Sir,

In the following mails in my thread (referred here) I also pasted links of various Gratiola herbarium. in Linnean.org. Also, I have already expressed my sincere apology in my post. This plant is not Dopatrium lobelioides Benth.

Thank you,

Regards,

surajit

surajit koley

Sep 20, 2013, 2:02:23 PM9/20/13
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Puttaraju K, Dinesh Valke, Prashant awale, Giby Kuriakose, Vijayasankar Raman
Garg Sir,

In continuation i would like to copy here the description of Bonnaya hyssopioides Benth. from "A Synopsis of the East Indian Scrophularineae" (George Bentham) -

B. hyssopioides (Benth. in Wall. Cat. n.3867), caule elongato laxo, foliis oblongislanceolatisve remotis, pedunculis axillaribus elongatis filiformibus, corollis calyce 3-4-plo longioribus. - Gratiola hyssopioides, Linn. Mant, 174. - Roxb. Pl. Corom. 2. 16. t. 128.
Hab. in Hindustania et Sillet, Wallich, China, Nelson.

Thank you

Regards

surajit