stellaria again...

Alok & Isabelle

Feb 17, 2011, 9:18:22 AM2/17/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends...
There was a post yesterday about stellaria.. (could not find it again
today).. anyway I just wanted to confirm if these two are also
stellarias (media/graminea or what??)..
Again from my area of Dalhousie,HP, Alt 2300mts
Thanks
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

dscn4759a.jpg
dscn4761a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2011, 10:03:53 AM2/17/11
to Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
Please always upload with leaves to enable identification up to species level. The first is perhaps Stellaria media, second possibly Cerastium

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Alok & Isabelle

Feb 17, 2011, 10:28:25 AM2/17/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gurcharan ji,
Here's a photo of the leaves..
sincerely with regards
Alok
dscn4763.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2011, 10:28:23 AM2/17/11
to Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
This is Cerastium fontanum (syn: C. vulgatum)

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Alok & Isabelle

Feb 17, 2011, 12:29:53 PM2/17/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank yopu Gurcharan ji,
You're a walking encyclopedia... :))
So this last one would be... stellaria graminea..??
regards sincerely
Alok

On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 20:58 +0530, Gurcharan Singh wrote:
> Cerastium fontanum (syn: C. vulgatum)
--
dscn3845a.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2011, 8:56:05 PM2/17/11
to Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
Not able to count number of styles but from leaves it looks like Myosoton aquaticum (syn: Stellaria aquatica) which differs from Stellaria in having 5 styles.
Stellaria graminea has much narrower almost grass-like leaves

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Gurcharan Singh

Feb 17, 2011, 8:57:43 PM2/17/11
to Alok & Isabelle, indian...@googlegroups.com
But you should not mix different species in the same thread. Send then in separate posts with different subject line.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

JM Garg

Apr 17, 2017, 3:04:32 AM4/17/17
to efloraofindia, Alok Mahendroo, Gurcharan Singh
I think the first image is of Stellaria media as per keys & images herein.
dscn4759a.jpg
dscn4761a.jpg

JM Garg

Jun 13, 2021, 8:10:47 AM6/13/21
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
I think it will be Cerastium glomeratum as per images and details herein and as per discussions at Id request for this species of Arenaria

J.M. Garg

Jun 13, 2021, 8:15:08 AM6/13/21
to efloraofindia

With regards,
J.M.Garg
dscn4761a.jpg

JM Garg

Jun 13, 2021, 8:24:25 AM6/13/21
to Alok Mahendroo, efloraofindia
Jun 13, 2021, 9:17:41 AM6/13/21
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok, saadiks...@gmail.com, GurcharanSingh
On further consideration, I think it will be Cerastium glomeratum as per discussions at

Confusion between Cerastium fontanum subsp. vulgare and Cerastium glomeratum

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg