Re: [iaemp] Illumination

SOLAR SARMA

Aug 23, 2009, 9:27:24 AM8/23/09
to ia...@yahoogroups.com, omkar mandre, Om Jai, green-india
Dear Mr.Mandre,

Following is the detailed response for your queries and hope you will
find this as the most apt and useful.

1.The point of measurement of the value of Lux Level for any kind of
fitting: Varies as per distance and angle at which point you measure.
For example light falling from centre of place from a luminary
perpendicular to the ground (at 90 degrees angle) may be 15lux for
comfortable reading. This implies 15lumens light spread across 1
square metre area. Lumens and Lux is different as Lumens is
measurement of light emitted by a light source where as lux is
measured lumen o/p across 1 square metre area

2.When you specify that the lux level at reading room should be 75 to
100 lux then the measurement should be at what distance from the
fitting. Answer for this question is very tricky as lux has to be
always mentioned relative to height and angle. Ideally reading areas
require 75 to 100 Lux at FTL/CFL Down Lighter/LED Down Lighter mounted
to roof(ceiling/false ceiling) at 4metres height

3.I am serious in knowing about the illuminations in around the
house.40 Lux in corridors, etc and 75 to 100 lux in reading, kitchen,
wherever light is an important issue for that activity

4.Specific data on the illumination levels on street lights of
internal roads of society:-If it is meant for walking purpose, 15 lux
and in case of any vehicular(2 wheeler, cars, etc but not heavily
loaded trucks and so on) movement is more then 40lux is recommended
and this is considering street light pole heights as 4metres

Please feel free to contact for any more info required on subjects
related to Energy Conservation, Renewable Energy Solutions,etc.

Best Wishes,
N.M.K.D.Sarma Ambatipudi
(Also known as SOLARSARMA)
Mobile:+919246475056
Skype ID:solarsarma
On 8/21/09, Pradeep Mandre <pradee...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Dear Mr Ravindra Datar
> I wish to know the point of measurement of the value of Lux Level fo any
> kind of fitting.
> When you specify that the lux level at readinng room should be 75 to 100 lux
> then the measurement should be at what distance from the fitting. Kindly
> reply as i am serious in knowing about the illuminations in around the
> house.
> Also let me know if thereis any specific data on the illumination levels on
> street lights of internal roads of society.
> Await your reply.
> Mandre

Ravi Shankar Nagarajan

Aug 23, 2009, 11:21:50 AM8/23/09
to green...@googlegroups.com
I AM HERE WITH REPRODUCING SOME TECH DETAILS

FROM www.energymanagertraining.com on the above subject .

HOPE THIS WILL ADD VALUE AND CLARIFY MORE

SINCERELY

RAVI SHANKAR
CHENNAI

Fight Global Warming
This signature helps fight global warming if you click to 'Always Display Images'
RaviShankar and Engineers Without Borders-USA prevented 261 kg of CO₂ from entering our skies. What's replyforall about? Click to learn more »
261 kg

GREEN INDIA LIGHTING.pdf