BigBlueButton 0.8-beta-4 Released

44 vues

Fred Dixon

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 12:22:4206/03/2012
à BigBlueButton-dev,bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com,BigBlueButton-users
The BigBlueButton core development team is pleased to announce the release of BigBlueButton 0.8-beta-4.

We've been developing and testing 0.8-beta-4 for over three months now.  We want to thank everyone on this mailing list who has given us feedback, recorded issues, and helped test the earlier betas.   We recommend you update your servers to beta-4.

For a list of what's new in 0.8-beta-4, see:

For installation/upgrade instructions for 0.8-beta-4:

For download and setup of the BigBlueButton 0.8-beta-4 Virtual Machine:

All the core development in BigBlueButton 0.8 has now been completed.  You can see the remaining issues here:

We expect this to be the last beta for 0.8.  Going forward, until we release 0.8 final, we'll be fixing any remaining items, testing, and periodically updating the public repository.   In this way, we can close out any remaining issues and get the fixes to you quickly.

We release on quality, not dates.  To help us reach 0.8 final -- and to make sure it's a quality release -- you can help by setting up a BigBlueButton 0.8-beta-4 server (or download the VM), test it with a group of users, and post the results of your tests to this mailing list.   These posts will greatly help us resolve any remaining issues as we finish this development cycle.

We're looking forward to reading your feedback on testing 0.8-beta-4.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Dan

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 16:57:2506/03/2012
à bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hello, all,

Dan

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 17:07:5006/03/2012
à bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Oops, sent by mistake before I entered content:
   Upgrade of 0.8-beta-4 was easily done according to instructions for upgrade from beta-3.  However, FreeSWITCH gave an error due to connecting to 127.0.0.1, while I think bbb-conf --setip set the configuration to use my server IP address.  The bbb-conf --check reported the error, which resulted in audio not working.  However, the error report says to fix the problem with bbb-conf --setfreeswitchip 127.0.0.1.  This parm isn't yet configured in bbb-conf, unless my version was somehow not upgraded.  Manually editing /usr/share/red5/webapps/sip/WEB-INF/bigbluebutton-sip.properties to set the IP to 127.0.0.1 fixed the problem.

Dan

Fred Dixon

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 17:12:0606/03/2012
à bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing this.  We were going to have  --setfreeswitchip parameter, but now that we have it binding to 127.0.0.1, for vast majority of the BigBlueButton installs, the administrator will never have to change the setting.

For those that do need to change it -- because they are accepting incoming SIP calls -- they can manually edit

   /usr/share/red5/webapps/sip/WEB-INF/bigbluebutton-sip.properties

and change the value of sip.server.host to connect to a different IP.

We'll fix the message in bbb-conf and update it shortly.  When we do update, you'll be able to do

  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and get in the fix.

Regards,... Fred
--
BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

Andrew Ensley

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 17:13:1406/03/2012
à bigblueb...@googlegroups.com,bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com,BigBlueButton-users
Great work as always!

I am having an issue now with the API that I didn't have before. Now, the create API call fails 100% of the time with an Internal Server Error 500. I do not have this issue with any other API calls, although I'm only using the create, join, and getMeetingInfo calls right now.

Here are the parameters I'm specifying for my create calls:
  • name (user's full name, only letters and spaces in my test scenarios)
  • meetingID (letters, numbers, and underscores only)
  • attendeePW (letters and numbers only)
  • moderatorPW (letters and numbers only)
  • voiceBridge (random number between 70000 and 79999)
  • welcome (letters, spaces, newlines, and one comma)
  • logoutURL (fully qualified URL)

What's interesting is that the meeting is actually created. So the next time I refresh my app interface, I am able to join the meeting. But creating always returns error 500.

I did remove bbb-demo when I first upgraded thanks to the new advice provided by bbb-conf. I thought that might have been the cause, so I reinstalled bbb-demo. The problem remains.

I'd be happy to provide further log information, etc. I just didn't know where to look.

Andrew

Andrew Ensley

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 17:18:5106/03/2012
à bigblueb...@googlegroups.com,bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com,BigBlueButton-users
Oops... clarification: for the welcome parameter, by newline, I meant in HTML.  I didn't realize it until after posting. So since those are "<br>", the welcome parameter has letters, spaces, <, >, and one comma.

Dan

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 17:38:2206/03/2012
à bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
I have the same error using the demo "Create" link,  IE9 reported:
- <response>
<returncode>FAILED</returncode>
<messageKey>invalidMeetingIdentifier</messageKey>
<message>The meeting ID that you supplied did not match any existing meetings</message>
</response>

after I clicked the link to "start meeting".

Dan

Fred Dixon

non lue,
6 mars 2012, 19:47:4506/03/2012
à bigblueb...@googlegroups.com,bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com,BigBlueButton-users
Answered in bigbluebutton-setup

In the future, please don't cross-post questions.

HostBBB.com

non lue,
7 mars 2012, 10:15:2707/03/2012
à bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com,bigblueb...@googlegroups.com,bigbluebu...@googlegroups.com
Great work as always,

I upgraded a beta3 to beta4 4 no problems on ec2,  needed to change sip to 127.0.0.1 and touch the war as instructed in bbb-conf --check.

Just finished a fresh install on bare metal server,   everything is working great, however

bbb-conf --check is  telling me.
** Potential problems described below **
# Error: The voice application failed to register with the sip server.

Even though audio. and esl working fine in listeners window?

So looks like bbb-conf check failed, but server working fine.

Regards,
Stephen
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur