Gerrit Site Down?

mhorn

Sep 1, 2011, 11:43:13 PM9/1/11
to Android Contributors
I've not been able to connect to the Gerrit server for several hours:
https://review.source.android.com/

Is there some known issue?

Dan Morrill

Sep 2, 2011, 12:01:54 PM9/2/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Yes, android.git.kernel.org and review.source.android.com are down right now. We have taken them offline while we verify that the Android source code has not been affected by the recent kernel.org security breach. We reviewing the code now and will and restore these systems as quickly as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Dan

eren

Sep 6, 2011, 6:23:15 AM9/6/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is there a mirror that we can use to do repo init and repo sync while the servers are offline? (Github uses a different path configuration for the repositories, so it would require quite a manual work to update the manifest file, if all the repositories used by android are mirrored at github, that is.)

BR,
Eren

Michael Zoech

Sep 7, 2011, 9:02:20 AM9/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Any news to when gerrit/git will be up again?

thanks,
Michael

naresh tanniru

Sep 7, 2011, 8:42:37 AM9/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
This can help .....
--
Thanks & Regards,
Naresh.Tanniru

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 8, 2011, 4:15:40 PM9/8/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Please note that this isn't an official mirror, and that at the moment
there are no official mirrors anywhere.

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 8, 2011, 4:17:05 PM9/8/11
to android...@googlegroups.com

József Király

Sep 8, 2011, 4:16:57 PM9/8/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Jean, some info about the availability of the git server would be greatly appreciated! Or you'll hold it back till ICS code release?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 8, 2011, 5:40:32 PM9/8/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
The official word:
http://groups.google.com/group/repo-discuss/msg/06ce4bb4b70b5b52

Thanks,
JBQ

Adam

Sep 10, 2011, 12:07:07 PM9/10/11
to Android Contributors
Is there any plan for the Android team to place the Android source
online at another location, ie an official github mirror, surely you
have copies of the repositories that was stored at kernel.org that
would not have been compromised.

Android 2.3.6 has been released and we can not even browse GPL based
material ie up to date kernel sources, this is obviously a concern to
myself and many others in the community.

I sincerely hope that something can be done in a timely fashion as
this is a huge loss to the open-source community that is working on
Android.

Myself and I'm sure others would appreciate a more in-depth update on
the situation rather than the one line sentence quoted in the post JBQ
referred to.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 10:40:22 AM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
We are working on restoring git access, but the whole process is
complex enough that there's nothing new to announce at this point.

We have plans to make sure that the GPL source files for Gingerbread
and Honeycomb can be distributed independently, in case we decide to
make releases beyond 2.3.5 and 3.2.

JBQ

Matt Oakes

Sep 12, 2011, 10:47:17 AM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
So there's no ETA for the foreseeable future, and no place we can temporarily access the source at (like a mirror)?

Thanks

Matt

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 10:51:42 AM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
That is correct.

JBQ

Mark Murphy

Sep 12, 2011, 10:55:26 AM9/12/11

Does that mean that https://github.com/android is not an official mirror?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.6 Available!

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 10:58:44 AM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, this is not an official mirror.

JBQ

Matt Oakes

Sep 12, 2011, 11:00:23 AM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I think they said before it's not official. It's not complete anyway, there are some bits that are missing from that, like the vendor packages.

Thanks for the update though JBQ. Hopefully you get it sorted soon!

Adam

Sep 12, 2011, 11:08:19 AM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com

You have already made a release beyond 2.3.5, it seems my whole question has been avoided.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 1:06:12 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I've asked around, and you're right. Build GRK39C (version 2.3.6) was
distributed to a handful of users. I'm on it. Sorry for the delay.

JBQ

Dan Morrill

Sep 12, 2011, 1:10:34 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
We're working on getting the copyleft source online. As kernel.org was our distribution infrastructure for this, we are unfortunately without hosting entirely at the moment. We still prefer to use git to host source as it's a friendlier tool, but until we get git infrastructure back up, we are working on a temporary distribution method.

- Dan

József Király

Sep 12, 2011, 2:51:43 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
The best solution would be to make github the main host, and mirror their repos back to kernel.org, gitorious, etc.. This all could be done, and even if one goes down, you got backup servers where you can push changes, and with some help of the site owners, you can make it automatically sync between each host.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 3:32:32 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Actually that would cause some significant difficulties, the first of
which being the lack of Gerrit code reviews, which I'm sure is quite
relevant to this specific group.

JBQ

József Király

Sep 12, 2011, 3:34:17 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
That could be made too. Gerrit should link to the main page, every commit goes there, and the other two mirrors that. This way, Gerrit is handling the whole stuff, while everything gets mirrored. Of course, if the main server dies, it's hard to make Gerrit read from that, but for that time, commits can be denied.

Adam

Sep 12, 2011, 4:02:40 PM9/12/11
to Android Contributors
gerrit is known to work with github, you only have to look at the
cyanogenmod repositories to know that,

regards

On Sep 12, 8:32 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Actually that would cause some significant difficulties, the first of
> which being the lack of Gerrit code reviews, which I'm sure is quite
> relevant to this specific group.
>
> JBQ
>
> 2011/9/12 József Király <fonix...@gmail.com>:
>

> > The best solution would be to make github the main host, and mirror their
> > repos back to kernel.org, gitorious, etc.. This all could be done, and even
> > if one goes down, you got backup servers where you can push changes, and
> > with some help of the site owners, you can make it automatically sync
> > between each host.
>
> > 2011/9/12 Dan Morrill <morri...@google.com>
>
> >> We're working on getting the copyleft source online. As kernel.org was our
> >> distribution infrastructure for this, we are unfortunately without hosting
> >> entirely at the moment. We still prefer to use git to host source as it's a
> >> friendlier tool, but until we get git infrastructure back up, we are working
> >> on a temporary distribution method.
> >> - Dan

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 4:09:33 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
For all I know CyanogenMod's Gerrit doesn't run at GitHub, it runs on
a separate server, such that GitHub isn't the primary copy.

JBQ

József Király

Sep 12, 2011, 4:59:15 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com

Github is the primary copy while they run gerrit on their own server.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 5:25:26 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I'm guessing that's very different from the way we've been running
AOSP: for AOSP Gerrit is the primary copy and kernel.org is a mirror:
if we were to make a change directly on kernel.org, it would get
overwritten when replicating from Gerrit.

JBQ

Al Sutton

Sep 12, 2011, 5:24:26 PM9/12/11
to Android Contributors
I'm wondering why the Google Code project which handles b.android.com
hasn't been used as the repository. Seems like a good home to tie it
up with the bug database and now that Google Code handles git
repositories there would seem to be few (if any) obstacles.

Al.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 12, 2011, 5:27:27 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
There are some difficulties, which I can't provide in greater detail.

JBQ

József Király

Sep 12, 2011, 5:29:12 PM9/12/11
to android...@googlegroups.com

AFAIK on CM Gerrit is really Just a overview tool, and it manages the Github repos.

Gergely Kis

Sep 21, 2011, 12:00:46 PM9/21/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just for the record: As far as I know Gerrit requires direct
filesystem access to its primary git repositories containing both the
committed and the proposed changes, so Cyanogen is probably running
Gerrit on its own server like AOSP does / did, and uses github as the
distribution mirror the same way AOSP used kernel.org.

So theoretically it should be possible to migrate to github for the
source mirrors. However, after the kernel.org fiasco, I would totally
understand if Google wanted to keep the whole infrastructure inhouse.

Best Regards,
Gergely

2011/9/12 Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com>:

--
Kis Gergely
ügyvezető / CEO

--
Kis Gergely
ügyvezető / CEO

Suryandaru Triandana

Oct 5, 2011, 7:57:05 AM10/5/11
to Android Contributors
Any news with this? Last time I check kernel.org today, it has been
back online.

On Sep 13, 12:10 am, Dan Morrill <morri...@google.com> wrote:
> We're working on getting the copyleft source online. As kernel.org was our
> distribution infrastructure for this, we are unfortunately without hosting
> entirely at the moment. We still prefer to use git to host source as it's a
> friendlier tool, but until we get git infrastructure back up, we are working
> on a temporary distribution method.
>
> - Dan
>

> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Adam <green...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You have already made a release beyond 2.3.5, it seems my whole question
> > has been avoided.
>
> > On Sep 12, 2011 3:40 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Queru" <j...@android.com> wrote:
>
> > > We are working on restoring git access, but the whole process is
> > > complex enough that there's nothing new to announce at this point.
>
> > > We have plans to make sure that the GPL source files for Gingerbread
> > > and Honeycomb can be distributed independently, in case we decide to
> > > make releases beyond 2.3.5 and 3.2.
>
> > > JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 5, 2011, 9:10:49 AM10/5/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
We've obviously been in touch with kernel.org over their relaunch, but
at this point there's nothing to announce.

We're working on getting back online, and we'll let everyone know as
soon as we have something that people can use.

JBQ

Adam

Oct 6, 2011, 10:26:30 PM10/6/11
to Android Contributors
I have seen the source for 2.3.7 posted online only to be removed a
few days later, if other sites are able to obtain this code how come
the general public can't?

**We're working on getting back online, and we'll let everyone know
as
soon as we have something that people can use. **

Can you elaborate on this please?

Surely it doesn't take 6+ weeks to setup a git instance so everybody
can browse and clone the code again, this is pretty shocking how long
it has been offline now.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 7, 2011, 8:46:01 AM10/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I could tell you, but first I'd have to hire you.

Joke aside, we're working on it, but I can't provide any additional
details at the moment.

JBQ

József Király

Oct 7, 2011, 9:15:11 AM10/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Just asking, but do You think that the service will be restored till the day of the possible ICS release (Oct. 11.)? The Nexus Prime will be announced that day, and it is said it's coming with ICS already, so it would be great if developers could access the source code that day.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 7, 2011, 9:29:05 AM10/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
There's still nothing to announce at the moment, sorry.

JBQ

Daniel Callaghan

Oct 7, 2011, 9:16:28 AM10/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com

Ha Ha please hire me ild love to work for google :-)

www.LinuxBoxSolution.com

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 7, 2011, 9:31:46 AM10/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com

Leif Andersen

Oct 7, 2011, 2:16:32 PM10/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
How about Student Intern positions?  Would the Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a different position be more appropriate? http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/students/us/internships/eng/

Thank you.
--

~Leif Andersen

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 7, 2011, 2:49:18 PM10/7/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Sorry everyone, we're getting deeply off-topic, so I'll try to keep
this post short.

You're looking for Software Engineering Intern position for Mountain
View (listed under North America). I can't possibly make any promise
that there'd be an internship position open in my team, or that you'd
get it, but if you apply be sure to mention AOSP in whichever part of
the process would be the most appropriate (I don't now what that would
be).

JBQ

Adam

Oct 19, 2011, 2:39:39 PM10/19/11
to Android Contributors
2 months down now, still looking at the electric sheep, any idea how
much longer the Android source is going to be unavailable for? days/
weeks/months?

On Oct 7, 7:49 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Sorry everyone, we're getting deeply off-topic, so I'll try to keep
> this post short.
>
> You're looking for Software Engineering Intern position for Mountain
> View (listed under North America). I can't possibly make any promise
> that there'd be an internship position open in my team, or that you'd
> get it, but if you apply be sure to mention AOSP in whichever part of
> the process would be the most appropriate (I don't now what that would
> be).
>
> JBQ
>

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Leif Andersen <l...@leifandersen.net> wrote:
> > How about Student Intern positions?  Would the Software Engineer, Software
> > Developer, or a different position be more appropriate?
> >http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/students/us/internships/eng/
>
> > Thank you.
>
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 07:31, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>
> >>http://www.google.com/jobs- and specifically Software Engineer in
> >> Mountain View:
> >>http://www.google.com/intl/en/jobs/uslocations/mountain-view/swe/inde...
>
> >> JBQ

Mark Murphy

Oct 19, 2011, 5:16:42 PM10/19/11

http://groups.google.com/group/android-building/msg/c73c14f9b0dcd15a

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 4.0 Available!

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 19, 2011, 5:25:58 PM10/19/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
You probably got the honor of being the last person to ask this
question before the re-launch... and you question was stuck in the
moderation queue while we were double-checking that everything was
fine with the servers.

Our next step is now to get Gerrit back online, and there's nothing
specific to announce on that other than "we're working on it".

JBQ

Adam

Oct 19, 2011, 5:32:26 PM10/19/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update, you guys have obviously had your work cut out for you having to update every branch and push new tags in every repo.

Leonardo Kim

Oct 19, 2011, 5:28:06 PM10/19/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Adam

AOSP is back. (http://groups.google.com/group/android-building/msg/c73c14f9b0dcd15a)
But it would seem Gerrit is not able to use yet. manifest.xml file
doesn't have a proper review uri.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<remote name="aosp"
fetch=".." />
<default revision="master"
remote="aosp"
sync-j="4" />

Regards,
Leonardo YongUk KIM

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 19, 2011, 5:37:22 PM10/19/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, it's going to take a little while to get everything back in.
We focused on restoring first what we thought would be the most
useful.

That being said, all the releases mentioned on
http://source.android.com/source/build-numbers.html are there, along
with the froyo, gingerbread and master branches.

JBQ

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 19, 2011, 5:38:11 PM10/19/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
That is correct. We'll add a review URL after we get Gerrit running again.

JBQ

József Király

Oct 19, 2011, 5:27:43 PM10/19/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Just continue the work, don't care about such jerks rushing you. Let the community deal with them ;)

Mike Reid

Dec 28, 2011, 7:59:58 PM12/28/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I'm disappointed to see that "a little while" is more than 2 months.

Is there any better time estimate after almost 4 months down ?

I am doubting it will ever come back.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 29, 2011, 11:57:26 AM12/29/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Software doesn't write itself. Worse, it doesn't debug itself.

Gerrit is now self-hosted, and the Gerrit engineers have been using it
as their day-to-day tool. At this point, they're in the process of
hunting the last few bugs, and (like you know) once you're down to a
handful of bugs it's very hard to give any kind of precise estimates.

After we lost all the AOSP servers, the top priority was to get some
git hosting again, to restore the proper files there, and to release
ICS. That took us into mid-November. Since then, the efforts on that
side have been focused on Gerrit, but it's really only been 6 weeks.
AOSP will have a Gerrit server again, hopefully soon, but there's
simply no way to give any kind of reliable estimate at this point.

JBQ

Shachar Shemesh

Dec 29, 2011, 3:27:17 PM12/29/11
On 12/29/2011 06:57 PM, Jean-Baptiste Queru wrote:
Software doesn't write itself. Worse, it doesn't debug itself.

Gerrit is now self-hosted, and the Gerrit engineers have been using it
as their day-to-day tool. At this point, they're in the process of
hunting the last few bugs, and (like you know) once you're down to a
handful of bugs it's very hard to give any kind of precise estimates.

After we lost all the AOSP servers, the top priority was to get some
git hosting again, to restore the proper files there, and to release
ICS. That took us into mid-November. Since then, the efforts on that
side have been focused on Gerrit, but it's really only been 6 weeks.
AOSP will have a Gerrit server again, hopefully soon, but there's
simply no way to give any kind of reliable estimate at this point.

JBQ
Hi Jean,

I understand everything you say, and you are, of course, correct. However, if you look at Android as a community, rather than a Google owned project, it is now close to a year since community participation in AOSP in the form of patch submittal was practically possible. Gingerbread was released Dec 2010, and Honeycomb Feb 2011. By January 2011 submitting patches against AOSP became difficult.

I completely accept the decision not to release Honeycomb. I do not understand it. I think it was a mistake on Google's part, but I accept it. I also realize that the kernel.org hack was an unexpected event, and that you had to work around it, and that repo was of higher priority than gerrit. All I'm asking is for you to understand that people are frustrated, and have every right to be so.

Personally, I'm not even sure I'll resume my Android work once Gerrit is back up. My professional focus shifted elsewhere, and my personal interest is not enough to justify the significant upgrade required for my hardware in order to even get ICS to compile. I like the platform, so I'll do my best, but judging from past FOSS projects I participated in, in all likelihood, you've lost me as a developer.

Shachar
--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 29, 2011, 3:54:33 PM12/29/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I share your frustration. In fact I share everyone's frustration here,
because it's my job, so you can probably imagine how frustrated I am.
2011 has had some highs and lows in AOSP, and the difficulties in
accepting external contributions has been one of the lows.

I am surprised though that the decision to not Open-Source Honeycomb
is still not understood after 10 months. Google has explained it many
times already, it's really simple: Honeycomb wasn't shippable on
phones as-is. The apps had a mix-and-match of the Gingerbread look and
the Honeycomb look, the system UI for phones was missing elements
that'd have been necessary for compatibility (e.g. the action bar). We
release code when it's ready for all OEMs to use and ship, and
Honeycomb never was. That's it. There's no longer explanation, that's
really all there is to it.

I hope we see you contribute again once Gerrit is running again, but I
understand that life flows and will take contributors to other places.
Android and AOSP are still here and they're not going away.

JBQ

Mike Reid

Dec 29, 2011, 4:14:28 PM12/29/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I had no idea this was a software development project. I thought it was a repair job. Gerrit went down when kernel.org went down and I guess I made the wrong assumption when I assumed kernel.org resumption meant an imminent Gerrit resumption.

There is code I want to access that is not available anywhere else, AFAICT. It's now been unavailable for about 4 months, and the project associated with this code is now going nowhere. That's a HUGE amount of time in the fast paced mobile software development world. And nobody at the 208 billion dollar market cap Google Corp can even post backed up copies of this code somewhere ??

And nobody at Google can even postulate an ETA after 4 months ?

Call me impatient or pushy if you wish, but from a business perspective, I have to assume at this point that Google may never restore Gerrit and that the project I am interested in is effectively dead.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Dec 29, 2011, 4:26:59 PM12/29/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
Indeed, we're not bringing back an identical copy of Gerrit, since
it'd be vulnerable to the same attacks, which history has just shown
aren't just theoretical.

The whole Android platform code has been available on googlesource.com
since mid-October, and the git downtime was only about 7 weeks (i.e. 4
releases). Please ask on android-platform which exact code you're
looking for and I'll try to help you find it. As far as I know I've
restored everything all the way back to donut.

Would you feel better if I gave you an estimate from /dev/random?

I don't need to tell you that Android isn't dead, you can see it for
yourself. Look at the number of changes from Gingerbread to ICS to get
convinced.

JBQ

Mike Reid

Dec 29, 2011, 11:33:29 PM12/29/11
to android...@googlegroups.com
I'm looking for the "ST-Ericsson originated, proposed Android FM Radio API". This was one of the URLs: https://review.source.android.com//#change,20506 . Is asking for that a suitable question on android-platform ?

I understand that providing reasonably accurate time estimates for software development is real work and can take some time. I've done S/W design and development professionally for over 20 years and have done estimates for just about every one of the 20+ companies I've worked for. Very few companies just say "Start work and let us know when you are done".

If a development project is happening I can't imagine there aren't internal time estimates. I would feel better if somebody at Google could at least give a rough estimate, even if it's "Between 1 and 12 months". Even a commitment to do the research needed for a time estimate would be helpful. As in "We will announce estimated ETAs within 1 month".

As it is now, assuming Google IS planning to bring Gerrit back, and not drop it, the impression conveyed is that Google refuses to share whatever internal time estimates they have. I just can NOT imagine a project is underway and nobody inside Google has any idea of when it might be done.

So I presume all we can do is wait, and hope, and one day it will magically be up again, or it's demise will be announced.

Whatever. Whenever.

Thanks for your replies. Please tell your manager(s) that "the natives are getting restless" for better answers 4 months after a "server outage".

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Jan 3, 2012, 11:04:20 AM1/3/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure that in your engineering experience you've hit some crazy bug
every now and then for which no fix could be found for amazingly long
periods of time. I could tell my own war stories but that'd be
off-topic here.

We're hitting one such bug on Gerrit. The development phase completed
on schedule a while ago, but there's a very annoying bug that makes
Gerrit impossible to deploy in public at the moment and that we can't
manage to pinpoint. There's simply no way to provide any estimate for
a bugfix for such a bug. No amount of wanting that bug fixed today or
yesterday or 3 months ago will fix that bug.

Google is not trying to hide anything here, we're just as frustrated
with the current situation as everyone else.

JBQ

Al Sutton

Jan 3, 2012, 11:13:47 AM1/3/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
In relation to the STE FM Radio API, you can find some documents linked to in http://groups.google.com/group/android-platform/browse_thread/thread/7858717ecc6a20c7/b6a5a29d8b210fe7?lnk=gst&q=FM+Radio+API#b6a5a29d8b210fe7

As for Gerrit; I'd rather see things done right than done to a timetable.

Al.
--
T: @alsutton W: www.funkyandroid.com

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.

Dan Morrill

Jan 3, 2012, 11:33:18 AM1/3/12
to android...@googlegroups.com

I AM the manager. Unfortunately we have no ETA to provide.

It is your prerogative to disbelieve what we (and specifically I and JBQ) have said to date, of course. But we aren't going to give half-baked estimates that would be misleading.

I apologize for the continued downtime of the AOSP gerrit instance. It will be restored as soon as we have it working reasonably bug-free.

- Dan

David Kohen

Jan 4, 2012, 3:43:29 AM1/4/12
to Android Contributors
I have an idea, yet I'm not sure how feasible it is:
Considering Gerrit is open source (in the assumption that it is,
still), have you considered releasing the current version and perhaps
one of the contributors could look at the issue you are facing from a
different perspective?
I know the claims that with software "adding people to a late project
only makes it later", but if there are only a few issues and the
purpose is not writing new code, I think it has the potential to save
time rather than wasting it.
These are just my two cents on the matter.

David Kohen

On Jan 3, 6:33 pm, Dan Morrill <morri...@google.com> wrote:
> I AM the manager. Unfortunately we have no ETA to provide.
>
> It is your prerogative to disbelieve what we (and specifically I and JBQ)
> have said to date, of course. But we aren't going to give half-baked
> estimates that would be misleading.
>
> I apologize for the continued downtime of the AOSP gerrit instance. It will
> be restored as soon as we have it working reasonably bug-free.
>
> - Dan
> On Jan 3, 2012 7:49 AM, "Mike Reid" <mikerei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I'm looking for the "ST-Ericsson originated, proposed Android FM Radio
> > API". This was one of the URLs:
> >https://review.source.android.com//#change,20506. Is asking for that a

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Jan 4, 2012, 11:11:50 AM1/4/12
to android...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately the issue is related to the interaction between Gerrit
and Google's internal server infrastructure, so the only people who
can actually look at the issue are Google engineers. We're looking for
such a different perspective internally, from someone familiar with
the part of the code we're having issues with.

JBQ