Compile errors with ICS 4 + JavaScriptCore's JIT.cpp

t0mm13b

Nov 22, 2011, 6:06:08 PM11/22/11
to Android Building
Hi, I have attached the pastebin output found here @ http://pastebin.com/UsqGpnYu,
which is a dump of the error when compiling the JIT.cpp. For brevity,
the last few lines is what's most interesting.
external/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/assembler/ARMAssembler.h:482:
instantiated from here
external/webkit/Source/JavaScriptCore/assembler/AssemblerBuffer.h:120:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/tmp/ccbOjhcR.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccbOjhcR.s:14059: Error: invalid immediate: 983040 is out of
range
/tmp/ccbOjhcR.s:14059: Error: value of 983040 too large for field of 2
bytes at 2046
make: *** [out/target/product/blade/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/
libjs_intermediates/Source/JavaScriptCore/jit/JIT.o] Error 1

As my handset is Zte Blade, Armv6 chipset, and as of now there is no
official Armv6 chipset support within ICS, so am attempting to build
with Armv5te support instead, however, this error caught my eye and
wondering this, a few devs out there are compiling for their armv6
devices, and using the armv5te support, and experiencing bootloops/
segmentation faults as a result of incorrect/faulty code being emitted
for that chipset.

Any way of getting past this webkit compile?

Cheers :)

t0mm13b

Nov 22, 2011, 8:28:31 PM11/22/11
to Android Building

The only workaround is this: remove the ob/STATIC_LIBRARIES/
libjs_intermediates/Source/JavaScriptCore directory completely within
the target product in out directory. Follow the linky @
http://groups.google.com/group/android-building/t/4f43ecf394088957, to
the lastmessage and set both variables to false and make again, which
should resume build of JavaScriptCore prior to linking into webcore
lib.

:)

On Nov 23, 12:06 am, t0mm13b <tommie.bren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have attached the pastebin output found here @http://pastebin.com/UsqGpnYu,

Anton Herzfeld

Nov 23, 2011, 7:40:36 AM11/23/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Am 23.11.2011 02:28, schrieb t0mm13b:
> age and set both variables to false and make again, which
> should resume build of JavaScriptCore prior to linking into webcore
> lib.
there is another way to get rid of this issue:
ENABLE_JSC_JIT = false (Boardconfig.mk)

then delete external/webrpc completly
now goto framework/base/core/media/libeffects and delete Android.mk
unfortunately you'll loose animated gif in browser but it at least
builds alright.
good luck

Hackun.Liu

Dec 14, 2011, 10:38:34 AM12/14/11
to Android Building

maybe https://github.com/TeamICS/ICS_Fixes is useful.
with the file OLD/spl_inl.h, webrtc can build alright.