Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

=SDC= Q6: See the connection

15 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Jerry Friedman

no leída,
31 ago 2012, 1:29:37 p.m.31/8/12
para
Alexis wrote a poem, and a work of the same title is quoted by a buck
again. What is the evangelical connection?

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

James Hogg

no leída,
31 ago 2012, 2:46:43 p.m.31/8/12
para
Jerry Friedman wrote:
> Alexis wrote a poem, and a work of the same title is quoted by a buck
> again. What is the evangelical connection?

This is really frustrating. I've got the poem and the work quoted by the
buck, but I'm not sure of the evangelical connection; I can only see
half the connection. Anyway, I'll say Saint John.

--
James

Jerry Friedman

no leída,
31 ago 2012, 2:52:10 p.m.31/8/12
para
Thank you! Note the name of the real person that Buck Mulligan was
based on (or that the Panel thinks he was based on).

James Hogg

no leída,
31 ago 2012, 2:57:51 p.m.31/8/12
para
Of course. It's obvious now.

--
James

Snidely

no leída,
1 sept 2012, 1:43:24 p.m.1/9/12
para
Jerry Friedman formulated the question :
> On Aug 31, 12:48ï¿œpm, James Hogg <Jas.H...@gOUTmail.com> wrote:
>> Jerry Friedman wrote:
>>> Alexis wrote a poem, and a work of the same title is quoted by a buck
>>> again. ï¿œWhat is the evangelical connection?
>>
>> This is really frustrating. I've got the poem and the work quoted by the
>> buck, but I'm not sure of the evangelical connection; I can only see
>> half the connection. Anyway, I'll say Saint John.
>
> Thank you! Note the name of the real person that Buck Mulligan was
> based on (or that the Panel thinks he was based on).

Which Alexis opened the clew?

/dps

--
Who, me? And what lacuna?

James Hogg

no leída,
1 sept 2012, 1:48:29 p.m.1/9/12
para
Snidely wrote:
> Jerry Friedman formulated the question :
>>>
>>> This is really frustrating. I've got the poem and the work quoted by the
>>> buck, but I'm not sure of the evangelical connection; I can only see
>>> half the connection. Anyway, I'll say Saint John.
>>
>> Thank you! Note the name of the real person that Buck Mulligan was
>> based on (or that the Panel thinks he was based on).
>
> Which Alexis opened the clew?

Alexis Leger, who used the pseudonym Saint-John Perse.

--
James

Snidely

no leída,
1 sept 2012, 3:14:05 p.m.1/9/12
para
James Hogg used his keyboard to write :
Ah, I only got as far as Anyone For Tennyson.

Snidely

no leída,
1 sept 2012, 3:17:23 p.m.1/9/12
para
on 9/1/2012, Snidely supposed :
But I did read a translation of Xenophon in my wild and reckless days.

/dps "probably Penguin's"
0 mensajes nuevos