Why obese people are such rarity in churches while plentiful on streets (JP)

janp...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2008, 10:58:28 PM1/23/08
In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case. The first
fact that shocks me is that it is so difficult to actually see an
unhealthily fat person in a church. In turn the second shocking fact
is that, as so-far, I never encountered a case that someone took
notice of this lack of unhealthily fat people in churches and it seems
to be impossible to find someone who would investigate reasons for
this strange paradox of present times. Why it is so. Let us consider
possible reasons for this domination of slim churchgoers.

The first possible explanation for this strange link between the
belief in God and the lack of overweight in believers, could be that
believers display incomparably stronger discipline than non-believers.
After all, the majority of so-called "atheists" are softies and people
without strong will, who are unable to mobilise themselves even to
rational thinking, not mentioning the discipline of systematic going
to church. About the laziness, inability to organise themselves, and
chaotic thinking of typical atheists certify quite well discussions
between believers and non-believers. Namely, while believers as a rule
are able to present logical evidence and sound arguments e.g. about
the existence of God, eternal soul, other world, etc., atheists are
only able to swear, spit, scare, yell, blackmail, etc. Examples of
such discussions about scientific evidence for the existence of God,
in which atheists were mainly able to spit and swear, but they were
lacking the knowledge and skills to argue rationally, are discussions
from addresses http://groups.google.com/group/talk.origins/browse_thread/thread/8040cef26d37261f#de22942cb8fe3aee
, http://groups.google.com/group/sci.logic/browse_thread/thread/3511120c588e0a16/6c4ba1babcee49b5#6c4ba1babcee49b5
, or http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/browse_thread/thread/0b85905d2dc9f083#c374dc041f3c5fdf
. However, I believe that this typical for atheists lack of discipline
can account for slightly a larger percentage of slim people in
churches, than it is visible on streets, but is unable to explain the
true present situation in churches when it is really difficult to see
there someone unhealthily obese - means more obese than we could
consider to be a healthy norm for a given country.

A further explanation for this "paradox of lack of obesity in
churches" could be that believers are more open for new ideas and
think more rationally. After all, in present times when not only the
education, but also newspapers and TV are flooding everyone with
atheistic propaganda of the type that there is no evidence for the
existence of God, soul, other world, etc., or that there is no room in
the universe where God could live undetected by scientists, one needs
to really have an open mind and must think rationally to see truth
beyond this official disinformation and propaganda. In turn if someone
has an open mind and thinks rationally, he or she is going to try new
methods of sliming, new diets, etc. For example, the method of sliming
with the use of Korean's "kim-chi" that keeps slim almost the entire
population of wealthy South Korea, and which I offered on the web page
"korea.htm", was tried almost exclusively by totalizts (totalizts are
believers in God).

Another explanation for this "paradox of lack of obesity in churches"
could be that obese people do not have their own (firm) opinion. Thus
obese people could be easily influenced by atheistic propaganda
disseminated by the same individuals which were discussed on threads
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.logic/browse_thread/thread/f43b7ee2d9d8e837/ecabc492dd893a64#ecabc492dd893a64
, or http://groups.google.com/group/alt.philosophy/browse_thread/thread/f43b7ee2d9d8e837/ecabc492dd893a64#ecabc492dd893a64
. In turn when they are easily influenced by atheistic propaganda,
they simply do NOT go to churches.

Some people could also argue that believers in God are poorer than
atheists. Thus they also eat less and are slimmer. But this does NOT
seem to be the case in real life.

I personally think that actual reason why churchgoers in average tend
to be slimmer than typical people from streets, is the "lack of
compensating by eating" in those ones who believe in God. Namely, it
is well known that people who feel the lack of 'something in their
lives, e.g. a lack of love, attention, job, friendship, etc., usually
compensate this lack by excessive eating. In the result people with
lacking something usually are obese. So it is highly probable that
also atheism, means the lack of belief in God, is the source of
similar feeling, which, probably, is compensated by excessive eating.
And this may be why in churches it is difficult to spot people
excessively fat.

I am curious what the reader thinks. The reason why I consider this
matter to be very important, is that the lack of obesity in churches
seems to prove that believing in God is a natural thing for humans,
while becoming an atheist is highly unnatural and leads to various
problems, including obesity. If this is the case (and churches free of
obese people seem to confirm this), then it would mean that human body
was especially designed and programmed to make us believe in God. This
in turn would be just another scientific evidence for the existence of
God and for the creation of people by God (while being a strong
evidence against natural evolution).

Further 16 items of scientific evidence for the existence of God
(apart from the item discussed above), are listed in #F2 and #F1 of
the totaliztic web page named "bible.htm" (update of 23rd January
2008, or later), which should be available at following addresses:

http://bible.webng.com/bible.htm
http://energy.atspace.org/bible.htm
http://evidence.ueuo.com/bible.htm
http://evil.thefreehost.biz/bible.htm
http://fruit.sitesled.com/bible.htm
http://fruit.xphost.org/bible.htm
http://god.ez-sites.ws/bible.htm
http://karma.freewebpages.org/bible.htm
http://memorial.awardspace.info/bible.htm
http://newzealand.myfreewebs.net/bible.htm
http://nirvana.scienceontheweb.net/bible.htm
http://pigs.freehyperspace.com/bible.htm
http://parasitism.about.tc/bible.htm
http://parasitism.xphost.org/bible.htm
http://rubik.hits.io/bible.htm
http://tornado.99k.org/bible.htm
http://wszewilki.greatnow.com/bible.htm

It is also worth to know that under each address indicated above all
the web pages of totalizm should be available (unless some of these
web pages were sabotaged in the meantime). Thus, if someone wishes to
view descriptions from any other web pages of totalizm, e.g. from web
pages listed in this message, or in other my messages, then in the
above addresses the name "bible.htm " is just enough to exchange for
the name of the web page that he or she wishes to view, e.g. the web
page "evil.htm", "malbork_uk.htm", "evolution.htm", "god.htm",
"telepathy.htm", "text_1_5.htm", "dipolar_gravity.htm", "nirvana.htm",
etc.

Some matters discussed here are also addressed on blogs of totalizm
which are available at addresses:
http://www.getablog.net/totalizm
http://totalizm.wordpress.com
http://totalizm.myblog.net
http://www.newfreehost.com/weblog/?u=god

With the totaliztic salute,
Jan Pajak

Michael Gray

Jan 24, 2008, 12:30:49 AM1/24/08
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:58:28 -0800 (PST), janp...@gmail.com wrote:

>In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
>people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
>full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case. The first
>fact that shocks me is that it is so difficult to actually see an
>unhealthily fat person in a church.

:

Visit a Baptist church.

Message has been deleted

Michael Gray

Jan 24, 2008, 2:30:39 AM1/24/08
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:26:42 -0800 (PST), chessucat
<ches...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 24, 12:30 am, Michael Gray <mikeg...@newsguy.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:58:28 -0800 (PST), janpa...@gmail.com wrote:
>> >In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
>> >people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
>> >full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case. The first
>> >fact that shocks me is that it is so difficult to actually see an
>> >unhealthily fat person in a church.
>>
>> :
>>
>> Visit a Baptist church.
>

>Vote for Huckabee in '08!
>
>Why do preachers put on the pounds when the enter ministry?
>
><chessucat twitches>

Because the Lard provides?

Nosterill

Jan 24, 2008, 5:45:22 AM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 3:58 am, janpa...@gmail.com wrote:
> In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
> full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case.

I didn't think obese people were capable of swarming!

Being a Brit, I don't get into US churches much, but the mental image
that I have is very much formed by people like the late Jerry Falwell
or John Hagee.

Dag Yo

Jan 24, 2008, 6:52:47 AM1/24/08
Well this is pretty funny actually.

> [...]

> It is also worth to know that under each address indicated above all
> the web pages of totalizm should be available (unless some of these
> web pages were sabotaged in the meantime). Thus, if someone wishes to
> view descriptions from any other web pages of totalizm, e.g. from web
> pages listed in this message, or in other my messages, then in the
> above addresses the name "bible.htm " is just enough to exchange for
> the name of the web page that he or she wishes to view, e.g. the web
> page "evil.htm", "malbork_uk.htm", "evolution.htm", "god.htm",
> "telepathy.htm", "text_1_5.htm", "dipolar_gravity.htm", "nirvana.htm",
> etc.
>
> Some matters discussed here are also addressed on blogs of totalizm

Mark K. Bilbo

Jan 24, 2008, 7:40:24 AM1/24/08
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 19:58:28 -0800 in
ca04f844-4272-4858...@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com,
janp...@gmail.com wrote:

> In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be full
> of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case.

WHAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!

Yeah, riiiiight....

--
Mark K. Bilbo a.a. #1423
EAC Department of Linguistic Subversion

Robibnikoff

Jan 24, 2008, 12:14:55 PM1/24/08

<janp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
> full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case.

Baloney - Obviously you've never set foot in a church.
--
Robyn
Resident Witchypoo

Hatter

Jan 24, 2008, 12:30:35 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 12:14 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> <janpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Well Anglicans tend towards the lean side. However, Baptists...you
have a point.
Southern Baptists, doubly so. Black Southern Baptists, trebly so. And
When you get to the Choir of a Black Southern Baptish Church....the
average Choir robe size is triple extra enormous.

Hatter

Robibnikoff

Jan 24, 2008, 12:48:48 PM1/24/08

"Hatter" <Hatt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I've been mainly to Catholic churches over the past couple of years and I
don't recall seeing a lot of thin people ;)

Lucifer

Jan 24, 2008, 12:51:06 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 3:58 am, janpa...@gmail.com wrote:
> In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
> full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case.

Yes it is. I, on the other hand, am an atheist with a 26" waist so
your silly theory really should bugger off now.

--

Lucifer the Unsubtle, EAC Librarian of Dark Tomes of Excessive Evil
and General Purpose Igor

The Anti-Theist, BAAWA Lowly Evilmeister and tamer of the Demon Duck
of Doom

Convicted by Earthquack

"Don't worry, I won't bite.......hard"

Rev. Karl E. Taylor

Jan 24, 2008, 1:55:46 PM1/24/08

panam...@hotmail.com

Jan 24, 2008, 3:09:03 PM1/24/08
On Jan 23, 10:58 pm, janpa...@gmail.com wrote:
> In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
> full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case.

snip

Most ridiculous apologia ever?

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/KoBAAWA!

Hatter

Jan 24, 2008, 3:57:17 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 12:48 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 24, 12:14 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
>

> > <janpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> > > people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
> > > full of such veryfatindividuals. But it is NOT the case.

> > Baloney - Obviously you've never set foot in a church.
> > --
> > Robyn
> > Resident Witchypoo
> > BAAWA Knight!
> >Well Anglicans tend towards the lean side. However, Baptists...you
> >have a point.
> >Southern Baptists, doubly so. Black Southern Baptists, trebly so. And
> >When you get to the Choir of a Black Southern Baptish Church....the
> >average Choir robe size is triple extra enormous.
>
> I've been mainly to Catholic churches over the past couple of years and I
> don't recall seeing a lot of thin people ;)
> --
> Robyn
> Resident Witchypoo
> BAAWA Knight!

I was raised Catholic, and more or less, Catholics are average to
slightly fatter than average. However, Being a Baltimorean, I do get a
lot of exposure to black southern Baptists congregations, and their
Gospel Choirs tend to be composed of young african american women over
300 pounds.

Oh and the workplace is just rife with theism. Nearly every coworker
has a bible on their desk, and regularly I deal with their radios on
the gospel stations, and blaming the slightest mishap on satan, and
the slightest bit of good fortune gets responded to with a rousing
"Praise Jesus" <eyeroll> Payer meeting are advertised and Devotionals
posted in cubicles. So work always involves being surrounded by
lunatics. Don't get me wrong, I like them ok, I just think they are
nuts, and I certainly try to keep my cosmological thoughts on the down
low.

Hatter

Robibnikoff

Jan 24, 2008, 6:16:48 PM1/24/08

On Jan 24, 12:48 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 24, 12:14 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> > <janpa...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> > > people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
> > > full of such veryfatindividuals. But it is NOT the case.
>
> > Baloney - Obviously you've never set foot in a church.

> >Well Anglicans tend towards the lean side. However, Baptists...you

> >have a point.
> >Southern Baptists, doubly so. Black Southern Baptists, trebly so. And
> >When you get to the Choir of a Black Southern Baptish Church....the
> >average Choir robe size is triple extra enormous.
>
> I've been mainly to Catholic churches over the past couple of years and I
> don't recall seeing a lot of thin people ;)
> --

>I was raised Catholic, and more or less, Catholics are average to
>slightly fatter than average. However, Being a Baltimorean, I do get a
>lot of exposure to black southern Baptists congregations, and their
>Gospel Choirs tend to be composed of young african american women over
>300 pounds.

I bet. My daughter and I were in Nyack, NY shopping when a local black
Baptist church let out. They were all so finely dressed, but a lot of the
women were huge!

>Oh and the workplace is just rife with theism. Nearly every coworker
>has a bible on their desk, and regularly I deal with their radios on
>the gospel stations, and blaming the slightest mishap on satan, and
>the slightest bit of good fortune gets responded to with a rousing
>"Praise Jesus" <eyeroll>

Really? Holy crap (literally). The people I used to work for were all
Jewish, so we didn't have any of that nonsense.

> Payer meeting are advertised and Devotionals
>posted in cubicles. So work always involves being surrounded by
>lunatics.

Do they ever hassle you?

> Don't get me wrong, I like them ok, I just think they are
>nuts, and I certainly try to keep my cosmological thoughts on the down
>low.

I would imagine so.

Darwin123

Jan 24, 2008, 6:22:39 PM1/24/08
On Jan 23, 10:58 pm, janpa...@gmail.com wrote:

> The first possible explanation for this strange link between the
> belief in God and the lack of overweight in believers, could be that
> believers display incomparably stronger discipline than >non-believers.

I suspect that it is a greater frequency of cosmetic surgery.
By any chance, is your church in Beverley Hills?

Darwin123

Jan 24, 2008, 6:23:45 PM1/24/08
On Jan 24, 12:48 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I've been mainly to Catholic churches over the past couple of years and I

> don't recall seeing a lot of thin people ;)
> --
> Robyn
> Resident Witchypoo
> BAAWA Knight!

Or synogogues.

janp...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2008, 9:50:22 PM1/24/08
On Jan 25, 9:57 am, Hatter <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was raised Catholic, and more or less, Catholics are average to
> slightly fatter than average. However, Being a Baltimorean, I do get a
> lot of exposure to black southern Baptists congregations, and their
> Gospel Choirs tend to be composed of young african american women over
> 300 pounds.

This is contradictive to my findings. I attend only Roman Catholic
masses, but in several countries. I look for fat people because I am
myself a bit round (93 kg). I am repetitively noticing that my size
(i.e. around 93 kg) is usually the maximal size in Catholic churches.
However on streets, my size looks slim, as there is ever increasing
number of really obese people in the world lately, which are
significantly over 100 kg. I suppose some strict scientific research
should be completed to draw valid conclusions in that matter, but my
initial findings indicate that there is something more than just a
coincidence in this lack of obese people in Catholic Churches.

Chris H. Fleming

Jan 24, 2008, 10:06:30 PM1/24/08

Shinto practitioners would be even healthier on average.

Michael Gray

Jan 25, 2008, 3:25:51 AM1/25/08

Not Ted Haggard?

Michael Gray

Jan 25, 2008, 3:27:28 AM1/25/08
Catholics get tax exempt wine and biscuits, you fool!

Michael Gray

Jan 25, 2008, 3:28:54 AM1/25/08
On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:09:03 -0800 (PST), panam...@hotmail.com
wrote:

>On Jan 23, 10:58 pm, janpa...@gmail.com wrote:
>> In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
>> people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
>> full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case.
>
>snip
>
>Most ridiculous apologia ever?

Not when compared to say Descartes, or Fallwell.

Michael Gray

Jan 25, 2008, 3:29:32 AM1/25/08

And I do believe that they ARE!

Michael Gray

Jan 25, 2008, 3:30:05 AM1/25/08

I do not think that it is on this planet.

Hatter

Jan 25, 2008, 8:22:45 AM1/25/08
On Jan 24, 6:16 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

> > Payer meeting are advertised and Devotionals
> >posted in cubicles. So work always involves being surrounded by
> >lunatics.
>
> Do they ever hassle you?

Not really, A couple of " I'll pray for you"s, that's about it. They
are nice lot overall. Yes and two of the nicest include a reverend and
a otherwise quite intelligent(one of the few more knowlegable than
myself) young earth creationist. However, they seem genuinely
dumbfounded that I don't operate at their wavelength. Add to the fact
I'm male, which is severely in the minority, and white, also in the
minority, and a hard worker(though not as much as I used to be), also
in the minority...I'm viewed as an outsider.

Hatter

Robibnikoff

Jan 25, 2008, 9:46:18 AM1/25/08

On Jan 24, 6:16 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>

> > Payer meeting are advertised and Devotionals
> >posted in cubicles. So work always involves being surrounded by
> >lunatics.
>
> Do they ever hassle you?
>
>Not really, A couple of " I'll pray for you"s, that's about it. They
>are nice lot overall.

Whew! Thank goodness ;)

>Yes and two of the nicest include a reverend and
>a otherwise quite intelligent(one of the few more knowlegable than
>myself) young earth creationist. However, they seem genuinely
>dumbfounded that I don't operate at their wavelength.

Yeah, I've gotten a lot of that myself. It sort of amazes me how so many
people are unable to comprehend someone not believe in a god.

> Add to the fact
>I'm male, which is severely in the minority, and white, also in the
>minority, and a hard worker(though not as much as I used to be), also
>in the minority...I'm viewed as an outsider.

I know that feeling as well - but then again, that's an image I've
cultivated over the years ;)

Christopher A.Lee

Jan 25, 2008, 10:05:35 AM1/25/08
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:46:18 -0500, "Robibnikoff"
<witc...@broomstick.com> wrote:

>"Hatter" <Hatt...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>On Jan 24, 6:16 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
>> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > Payer meeting are advertised and Devotionals
>> >posted in cubicles. So work always involves being surrounded by
>> >lunatics.
>>
>> Do they ever hassle you?
>>
>>Not really, A couple of " I'll pray for you"s, that's about it. They
>>are nice lot overall.
>
>Whew! Thank goodness ;)
>
>>Yes and two of the nicest include a reverend and
>>a otherwise quite intelligent(one of the few more knowlegable than
>>myself) young earth creationist. However, they seem genuinely
>>dumbfounded that I don't operate at their wavelength.
>
>Yeah, I've gotten a lot of that myself. It sort of amazes me how so many
>people are unable to comprehend someone not believe in a god.

I've told this story before, but...

My Specialest And Most Bestest Friend is a devout Catholic. Thrugh her
I met many of of her friends who have since become mine. Including two
Pakistani Catholic sisters and then their brother who is a priest.

Their family were religious refugees - Pakistan is not a good country
for Christians, especially priests.

Being seriously religious and having a priest in the family, they
often have private masses conducted by their brother, at family
events.

In Sepember I was invited to a ninth birthday party for the daughter.
And of course there was a private mass that I sat in with even though
I couldn't participate.

One of the guests asked me - you're not Catholic? No. But you are
Christian? No. You're Jewish (slight surprise]? It doesn't matter what
I am, I'm here to celebrate the birthday of my friend's daughter.
You're not [gasp] atheist?

The priest squashed it, firmly and slightly less diplomatically
repeating what I had just said.

Of course by that time he had been a friend for a while. We talk about
what we have in common, not what we don't. Thngs like cricket,
computers, music etc.

He seems a lot more aware than some of his flock.

Hatter

Jan 25, 2008, 10:44:37 AM1/25/08
On Jan 25, 9:46 am, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jan 24, 6:16 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
>
> > "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > > Payer meeting are advertised and Devotionals
> > >posted in cubicles. So work always involves being surrounded by
> > >lunatics.
>
> > Do they ever hassle you?
>
> >Not really, A couple of " I'll pray for you"s, that's about it. They
> >are nice lot overall.
>
> Whew! Thank goodness ;)
>
> >Yes and two of the nicest include a reverend and
> >a otherwise quite intelligent(one of the few more knowlegable than
> >myself)  young earth creationist.  However, they seem genuinely
> >dumbfounded that I don't operate at their wavelength.
>
> Yeah, I've gotten a lot of that myself.  It sort of amazes me how so many
> people are unable to comprehend someone not believe in a god.

At least a pleasant and helpful person like me....I think they have
some stereotype image of atheists(either a cold scientist or a foreign
commie) and since I don't meet that image, it causes some confusion.
Even to the point people insist that I am not an atheist, but an
agnostic. I don't think they can quite handle that I'm both.

Hatter

panam...@hotmail.com

Jan 25, 2008, 1:54:56 PM1/25/08
On Jan 25, 3:29 am, Michael Gray <mikeg...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:06:30 -0800 (PST), "Chris H. Fleming"
>

> <chris_h_flem...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> snip
>
> >> Most ridiculous apologia ever?
>
> >> -PanamaFloyd, Atlanta.

> >> aa#2015/KoBAAWA!
>
> >Shinto practitioners would be even healthier on average.
>
> And I do believe that they ARE!

Yum! Nihon Ryori! Daaaiiiii suki desu!

I'll start with one o' them there grilled unagi donburis, hot udon
soup with abura-age, and...uh...hey, it's still close to New
Year..throw in a mochi appetizer.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/86676139_c89b2d33e8.jpg

Itadakimasu!

-PF, Atl.
etc.

Robibnikoff

Jan 25, 2008, 2:11:23 PM1/25/08

"Christopher A.Lee" <ca...@optonline.net> wrote in message

I would say so ;)

Robibnikoff

Jan 25, 2008, 2:12:47 PM1/25/08

"Hatter" <Hatt...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I guess not. I don't think that so many people that meet me are surprised
I'm an atheist - I have a bit of an off-beat appearance and personality.
Though I'm sure they think the only reason why I'm an atheist is because I'm
a bit rebellious ;)

Hatter

Jan 25, 2008, 2:21:14 PM1/25/08
On the Offbeat appearance note: Has anybody commented on those
earrings I made for you?

Hatter

magilla

Jan 25, 2008, 2:58:08 PM1/25/08
On Jan 23, 10:58 pm, janpa...@gmail.com wrote:
> In recent years streets of cities are swarming from unhealthily obese
> people. Thus similarly like these streets, also churches should be
> full of such very fat individuals. But it is NOT the case.

The most recent issue of the Journal of the American Medical
Association has an article about gastric banding surgery and Type II
diabetes. It's a study from Australia, but there's an editorial on the
subject also. It begins with the sentence, "Approximately one-third of
adults in the United States are obese, and largely because of this, at
least as many have diabetes or prediabetes."*

Are you telling me that of those approximately 85 000 000 people,
none- or hardly any- of them go to church?

You are barking mad, my friend.

Chris

*David E. Cummings, MD; David R. Flum, MD, MPH. Gastrointestinal
Surgery as a Treatment for Diabetes. JAMA. 2008;299(3):341-343.

Michael Gray

Jan 25, 2008, 6:07:46 PM1/25/08
On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:54:56 -0800 (PST), panam...@hotmail.com
wrote:

>On Jan 25, 3:29 am, Michael Gray <mikeg...@newsguy.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 19:06:30 -0800 (PST), "Chris H. Fleming"
>>

>> <chris_h_flem...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >Shinto practitioners would be even healthier on average.
>>
>> And I do believe that they ARE!
>
>Yum! Nihon Ryori! Daaaiiiii suki desu!

Yoshi!!

>I'll start with one o' them there grilled unagi donburis, hot udon
>soup with abura-age, and...uh...hey, it's still close to New
>Year..throw in a mochi appetizer.
>
>http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/86676139_c89b2d33e8.jpg

Sore wa oishisou!

>Itadakimasu!

Sumimasen, okanjou kudasai.

bob young

Jan 26, 2008, 1:43:01 AM1/26/08

Robibnikoff wrote:

You confirm the picture I already had of ya Robyn.

I frequently give a lift in my car to an elderly Chinese lady as she struggles
on foot with her shopping up the long steep hill to our residences, she is a
Buddhist and I bet she doesn't have me down as an atheist either.

Bob
Humanist Brit.
Hong Kong

You people don't seem to realize, most of us atheists are ex-religious. We've
scrutinized your religion, probably more than you have, and have found it
unbelievable, wrong, and the furthest thing from reality there is. We don't
want it forced down our throats, or our childrens'. We don't want to be saved.
What is there to be saved from? As much as you don't want it to be so, death
is inescapable. We are not immortal, nothing is. Believing in anything, even
as hard as you do, does not make it true. Death is the end, and the sooner you
come to terms with that, the sooner you get over your fear of it.
[Acknowledgements to Vic Sagerquist]

By the way, where is Vic these days?

Father Haskell

Jan 26, 2008, 1:58:00 AM1/26/08
On Jan 24, 12:30 pm, Hatter <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well Anglicans tend towards the lean side. However, Baptists...you
> have a point.

You're saying Anglicans make better steaks?

Michael Gray

Jan 26, 2008, 2:53:55 AM1/26/08
On 26 Jan 2008 00:43:01 -0600, bob young <alasp...@netvigator.com>
wrote:

*most* of us: possibly.
Some of us have been atheists since before conception.
I am an example of that phenomenon, as Mr. Lee claims to be.

Michael Gray

Jan 26, 2008, 2:54:52 AM1/26/08

janp...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2008, 7:35:35 PM1/26/08
On Jan 26, 7:43 pm, bob young <alaspect...@netvigator.com> wrote:

> You people don't seem to realize, most of us atheists are ex-religious. We've
> scrutinized your religion, probably more than you have, and have found it
> unbelievable, wrong, and the furthest thing from reality there is.

I do hope you distinguish between religion - being an institution run
by errorneous people, and belief in God - which is acknowledgement of
a true situation of our universe.

With the totalitztic salute,
Jan Pajak

Enkidu

Jan 26, 2008, 7:47:36 PM1/26/08
janp...@gmail.com wrote in

> On Jan 26, 7:43ÿpm, bob young <alaspect...@netvigator.com> wrote:
>
>> You people don't seem to realize, most of us atheists are
>> ex-religious. We
> 've
>> scrutinized your religion, probably more than you have, and have
>> found it unbelievable, wrong, and the furthest thing from reality
>> there is.
>
> I do hope you distinguish between religion - being an institution run
> by errorneous people, and belief in God - which is acknowledgement of
> a true situation of our universe.

No, we don't.

--
Enkidu AA#2165
EAC Chaplain and ordained minister,

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been
searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

Christopher A.Lee

Jan 26, 2008, 7:52:09 PM1/26/08
On 27 Jan 2008 00:47:36 GMT, Enkidu <fox_r...@trashmail.net> wrote:

>janp...@gmail.com wrote in
>
>> On Jan 26, 7:43ÿpm, bob young <alaspect...@netvigator.com> wrote:
>>
>>> You people don't seem to realize, most of us atheists are
>>> ex-religious. We
>> 've
>>> scrutinized your religion, probably more than you have, and have
>>> found it unbelievable, wrong, and the furthest thing from reality
>>> there is.
>>
>> I do hope you distinguish between religion - being an institution run
>> by errorneous people, and belief in God - which is acknowledgement of
>> a true situation of our universe.
>
>No, we don't.

Don't they realise they beg the question?

Don't they know that an atheist is somebody who isn't theist, ie
doesn't believe in any god?

Don't they understand their particular god belief is part of their
theistic religion?

Don't they understand that there are hundreds of different religions
out there, each with their own gods, that are only believed by their
own members?

None of this is rocket science.

janp...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2008, 7:53:25 PM1/26/08
On Jan 25, 4:06 pm, "Chris H. Fleming" <chris_h_flem...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> > Most ridiculous apologia ever?

The thesis on predominatly slim people that populate Catholic churches
may be argued simply because no-one completed rigid scientific
research on that matter. However, this is complemented with the
extremely well-researched fact that people who believe in God have
much better quality of life. Means, scientific research quite clearly
show that those believing in God are healthier, happier, live longer,
have less problems in their lives, and are much nicer in interacting
with (perhaps this explains why atheists always are so unpleasant in
discussions and in co-existence - they are very unhappy and unhealthy
lot). So the scientific research support the thesis, that the human
bodies were created to believe in God. In this situation the beliving
seems to be normal, while non-believing seems to be abnormal. In turn
if human body was created to believe in God, this means that God does
exist. In turn if God does exist, it means that Catholics must be
taken care of by God Himself, and thus there are almost exclusively
slim people in Catholic churches.

Christopher A.Lee

Jan 26, 2008, 7:55:42 PM1/26/08

What a fucking moron.

Michael Gray

Jan 26, 2008, 8:37:42 PM1/26/08
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:35:35 -0800 (PST), janp...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Jan 26, 7:43 pm, bob young <alaspect...@netvigator.com> wrote:
>
>> You people don't seem to realize, most of us atheists are ex-religious. We've
>> scrutinized your religion, probably more than you have, and have found it
>> unbelievable, wrong, and the furthest thing from reality there is.
>
>I do hope you distinguish between religion - being an institution run
>by errorneous people,

You are describing a church, not a religion.

> and belief in God - which is acknowledgement of
>a true situation of our universe.

Idiot.

Michael Gray

Jan 26, 2008, 8:38:56 PM1/26/08
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:53:25 -0800 (PST), janp...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Jan 25, 4:06 pm, "Chris H. Fleming" <chris_h_flem...@yahoo.com>
>wrote:
>
>> > Most ridiculous apologia ever?
>
>The thesis on predominatly slim people that populate Catholic churches
>may be argued simply because no-one completed rigid scientific
>research on that matter. However, this is complemented with the
>extremely well-researched fact that people who believe in God have
>much better quality of life. Means, scientific research quite clearly
>show that those believing in God are healthier, happier, live longer,
>have less problems in their lives, and are much nicer in interacting
>with (perhaps this explains why atheists always are so unpleasant in
>discussions and in co-existence - they are very unhappy and unhealthy
>lot). So the scientific research support the thesis, that the human
>bodies were created to believe in God. In this situation the beliving
>seems to be normal, while non-believing seems to be abnormal. In turn
>if human body was created to believe in God, this means that God does
>exist.

Get a basic education in logic, skippy.
And wipe your chin.
You are dribbling shit.

Opus-

Jan 26, 2008, 8:53:01 PM1/26/08
On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:35:35 -0800 (PST), janp...@gmail.com spake
thusly:

There is no god, just all of us on this planet shouting out "WE ARE
HERE, WE ARE HERE!!" over and over until Horton friends believe him.

--
jbu...@hotmail.com
(Jim, daddy to Lesleigh [Autistic] 04/20/94)

"With God, all atrocities are acceptable and embraced"

Please note: All unsolicited e-mail sent to me may, at
my discretion, be posted in this newsgroup verbatim.

bob young

Jan 26, 2008, 9:15:02 PM1/26/08

"Christopher A.Lee" wrote:

Most religionists still wear the blinkers [blinders] that their parents
fitted them with

Robibnikoff

Jan 27, 2008, 2:24:30 PM1/27/08

On Jan 25, 2:12 pm, "Robibnikoff" <witchy...@broomstick.com> wrote:
> "Hatter" <Hatte...@gmail.com> wrote in message

snip

> I guess not. I don't think that so many people that meet me are surprised
> I'm an atheist - I have a bit of an off-beat appearance and personality.
> Though I'm sure they think the only reason why I'm an atheist is because
> I'm
> a bit rebellious ;)
> --
>On the Offbeat appearance note: Has anybody commented on those
>earrings I made for you?

Oh yeah. Wore them to a family party. Got lots of eye rolling and "that
figures" from the SILs ;)

Robibnikoff

Jan 27, 2008, 2:25:12 PM1/27/08

"bob young" <alasp...@netvigator.com> wrote in message

> Robibnikoff wrote:

>> I guess not. I don't think that so many people that meet me are
>> surprised
>> I'm an atheist - I have a bit of an off-beat appearance and personality.
>> Though I'm sure they think the only reason why I'm an atheist is because
>> I'm
>> a bit rebellious ;)
>
> You confirm the picture I already had of ya Robyn.

LOL - Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing ;)