Z3の字幕翻訳に関するお願い

marina saga

Dec 17, 2010, 9:55:00 AM12/17/10
to オープンなカンガエカタ
いつもおつかれさまです。

Z3の字幕翻訳のボランティアの方にお願いのご一報です。

字幕翻訳の現在の業界設定は一般的に1秒につき4文字、となっているようです。

例えば、00:11:55:21から00:11:59:19の文章の翻訳は16文字前後以内(4秒 x 4文字)となります。

これに従いますと、場合によってはかなりの意訳、もしくは要約を強いられる事になると思いますが、
映画視聴者の理解をさらに促す意図で、皆さんにこの設定を念頭に入れて頂きながら
翻訳の作業に掛かって頂ければ幸いです。

皆さんがんばりましょうね!

よろしくお願いします。

まりな

***************

Hope this message finds you well.

I would like to make a request to those who are volunteering for Z3
translation.

I have come to learn that subtitle translation generally should be 4
words per second according to the current industry standard.

For example, if a sentence is from 00:11:55:21 to 00:11:59:19, the
translated texts should be within around 16 words (4 seconds x 4
words).

According to this setup, we may be forced from time to time to be
"creative" with our translation by summarizing or combining some words/
sentences (without losing the original meaning in translation..). It
would be great if we can keep this in mind while we do our translation/
proofreading parts so it will be easier for viewers to understand the
movie.

Let's keep on keeping!

Thank you,

Marina