わかりやすい?

Kelly

Jan 16, 2011, 6:54:55 PM1/16/11
to オープンなカンガエカタ
http://zmjp.net/home/index.php?option=com_ninjaboard&view=topic&id=14&post=29&Itemid=10#p29

It has come to my attention that many translators feel that the
content of Zeitgeist: Moving Forward is too difficult for the typical
Japanese audience to absorb. There are many 'scientists' which speak
in the film and they use big words that are not commonly used in
Japan. This makes understanding the message more complicated than
necessary.

One idea is to change the English transcript into something that is
easier to understand and translate while conveying the same message.
This effort would require the English native members of the group to
join the translation team and begin simplifying some aspects of the
transcript. Obviously the whole thing does not need to be changed. If
the Japanese Translators would 'flag' sections that need modification
for easier understanding it would make the process that much more
simple.

Another idea is to start working on a Glossary of difficult words and
other jargon that is used with in the Movement. For example "Resource
Based Economy" can be translated in different ways and doesn't
entirely make sense in Japanese. This could be both defined and
explained in the glossary, thus making things easier to understand AND
enabling consistent translations.

Which is easier? Which is simpler? We could do both.

What are your thoughts?

Christopher Madden

Jan 16, 2011, 7:02:23 PM1/16/11
to zeitgei...@googlegroups.com
Glossary; great! Should be on the website in plain view.
Simplification; much needed.
I will get started on it today.

Question is, do we start at the beginning?
c.

2011/1/17 Kelly <fun.f...@gmail.com>

--
このメールは Google グループのグループ「オープンなカンガエカタ」の登録者に送られています。
このグループに投稿するには、zeitgei...@googlegroups.com にメールを送信してください。

--
よろしくお願いします

Christopher Philip Madden, MA-TESOL
Special English Instructor
Language and Communication Research Center
University of Shizuoka
Shizuoka City, Japan

http://www.u-shizuoka-ken.ac.jp/

Mel Ushikubo

Jan 16, 2011, 9:39:33 PM1/16/11
to zeitgei...@googlegroups.com, zeitgei...@googlegroups.com
Even if we start at the beginning, the translation already done will not be wasted.

One important thing is consistency from beginning to end.

Let's discuss this at the meeting coming to make a decision all together.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Mel Ushikubo