Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Simon Haynes

não lida,
9 de fev. de 2021, 02:55:1409/02/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com

Because my inbox is a rather busy place, I'd like to start a thread which briefly lists open bugs in yWriter.

The idea is to put the version first, if known, and then a brief description of the bug.  Anyone can reply - just add the bug you're aware of.

Any discussion about the bugs should have the subject line changed so as not to clutter things.

yw7 current - Pressing Enter on any but the first scene still opens the first scene
yw7 current - some difficulty dragging items and locations to scenes on main screen
yw7 current - cannot drag items in scene editor (FIXED for next release)

Visit Spacejock Software, the home of yWriter, FCharts and more
Visit spacejock.com.au for my articles on writing and publishing novels.

Peter T.

não lida,
9 de fev. de 2021, 09:44:2209/02/2021
para yWriter
Here is my collection, Simon (still applies to 7.1.1.9):

"Total today" is not updated real-time in the scene editor even after having saved the scene.

Scene editor tabs: No horizontal scrollbar if the content doesn't fit into the window.

Copy & paste of items between projects: Copying scenes between projects works for me.
With characters I get the error message "Unable to paste from the clipboard".
For locations and items, a success message appears and an empty object called "N/A" is inserted.

In the "Character", "Locations" etc. tabs, the items can be selected with the arrow keys, but not opened with the enter key.

Full screen edit mode: Please let the margins be of adjustable size and color, and save the settings, so you can easily toggle the display with "F11".

yWriter itself can use all installed fonts, but the RTF control finds only the globally installed ones (but no user-only fonts) when changing any text format.

Apart from that, yWriter 7 now works really nicely for me. By the way: Ever thought of setting up a bug tracker?

Good luck,
Peter

Simon Haynes

não lida,
9 de fev. de 2021, 11:04:1109/02/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 9 Feb 2021 at 22:44, Peter T. <peter.pape...@gmail.com> wrote:

Apart from that, yWriter 7 now works really nicely for me. By the way: Ever thought of setting up a bug tracker?

Good luck,
Peter

I had one about 10-12 years ago but the admin load was more than just fixing the bugs.

Once we've gathered everything I'll set aside a day and fix them all.

Cheers
Simon

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
10 de fev. de 2021, 00:51:3710/02/2021
para yWriter
I have yWriter 6.6.1.9. Pictures are not showing up in Character/Location/Item reports. I don't really know if it's my version. They show up like if they weren't found by the browser.

willwrite4chocolate

não lida,
10 de fev. de 2021, 10:17:2210/02/2021
para yWriter
yW6 (6.6.1.9 - says it's the most recent version) Search function F3 isn't working properly. Intermittent problem. Sometimes F3 will move through the document smoothly. Other times it will highlight a different chapter, but the scenes from the previous chapter stay in the scene list window. And sometimes it will populate the scene list window with duplicates of the scene title where it found the item I was searching for. It doesn't create duplicate scenes. It just looks as if it is. And sometimes the scene list just goes empty. There should be scenes in that chapter, but the titles disappear. I have to close yWriter and reopen it to get it to work properly.

willwrite4chocolate

não lida,
10 de fev. de 2021, 10:20:0210/02/2021
para yWriter
yW6 - F3/search function issue mentioned above.
I forgot the screen shots.

2021-02-10 (1)_LI.jpg

2021-02-10.png

Marina De Luca

não lida,
10 de fev. de 2021, 11:20:3310/02/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
Good Morning,
I have set a theme white text on blue background (like it was on MS Word, up to 2003) and changed color for characters, places and items.
Randomly, the text will turn black again (especially if the last word of a line is a character, pressing enter and starting a new line will turn the text black again; but it happens also randomly.)
Characters, places and items don't change color, only the text does.

Marina

Immagine.png

A mensagem foi excluída

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
10 de fev. de 2021, 17:42:0610/02/2021
para yWriter
yWriter 6.6.1.9

Theme:
When making the themes, the Scene name box doesn't have a element in the theme creator. Thus, when making the theme black, the box also goes black(with black text).
When changing themes, the colors get partially stuck in the last theme's colors. Happens with chapter word count and some scene titles.

Reports:
-Images for Characters/Items/Locations not showing up on reports, despite being in the image directory inside the project folder.
*My project folder is in a SD Card*
-When printing characters by tags, the report only shows the first name. I don't know if it was devised this way or not.
*I asked about this in another thread because I have like 50 characters in my character list, some show up in many chapters, and others don't. Hard to remember who is who.*

Software:
yWriter itself sometimes gets stuck on a page, like you change chapters and the scene names don't change(I name my scenes depending on what's going on). Can solve with a restart.
Also, with this issue, sometimes it also gets stuck in the character list tab or the project notes tab. Can solve with a restart.

Scenes:
When writing a scene with white text and black background, sometimes, the text goes black, requiring me to write some words, save the scene and reopen it, then the text that was black, shows up white as it should.
*I prefer darker themes because it's easier on my eyes*
Combine Scenes adds the first two scene contents and clones them. I somehow ended with 9000 words just by combining the scenes.

Simon Haynes

não lida,
11 de fev. de 2021, 01:56:1911/02/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
Certain reports are saved as temporary web pages in the system's Temp folder, and the images aren't present in that folder (they're in the Export folder.)

If you save as in your browser, and store the temp page in the Export folder, the images will load.

There are two alternative fixes I can apply: copy all the images to the temp folder on every export (bad), or save all output to the Export folder and not the Temp folder.  This will tend to clutter the folder up, but it's one solution.

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
11 de fev. de 2021, 11:28:4011/02/2021
para yWriter
Report pages are NOW saved as temp pages, right? Because back in yW5, the images used to show up.

Simon Haynes

não lida,
11 de fev. de 2021, 11:59:5611/02/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
They always have been. I need to look at the code, because maybe Windows 10 is preventing files being copied to the temp folder for some reason.

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
11 de fev. de 2021, 13:11:5511/02/2021
para yWriter
Been using Windows 10 since YW5, with the 10586 Windows 10 build(1511).

Aubrey Shaw

não lida,
8 de mar. de 2021, 20:09:4308/03/2021
para yWriter
Saving a file (yw6) with the Android version 1.0.47 erases all text entered in the Goal tab of all scenes.
Goal, conflict, outcome, reaction, dilemma, and decision fields are affected, but action/reaction and plot/subplot fields are not.

willwrite4chocolate

não lida,
17 de mar. de 2021, 09:58:5017/03/2021
para yWriter
yW7.1.1.9 - latest issue
More F3 problems

I created a yWriter7 folder, downloaded yW7 and moved my project into that folder. I opened the project in yW7 and F3 does move through the first few scenes and chapters which yW6 wasn't doing, but I'm still getting weird results.

After a few chapters, when I was clicking F3 pretty quickly, it shut the program down altogether.

I reopened it and moved through using F3 more slowly and it seemed to be working well until I got about 4 chapters in and now the scene titles went wonky. I don't know what you call it so here's a screenshot.

HELP! Book deadline looms.

~ Nita

2021-03-17.png

Peter T.

não lida,
17 de mar. de 2021, 10:29:5917/03/2021
para yWriter
Nita,

I can confirm the problem. Searching the whole project with F3 works for a while, then the places found no longer fit, or the wrong scenes open for editing.
If you are in a hurry because of your deadline, you can also use yWriter's proof read feature to search your whole project in another word processor (e.g. WordPad, Word or LibreOffice):

Select all chapters and then invoke the following command:
Main menu > Chapter > Proofing > Export selected chapter(s) for proofing

You will get everything in one easily searchable RTF document. After editing, simply re-import to yWriter.

Good luck,
Peter

Simon Haynes

não lida,
17 de mar. de 2021, 10:51:4517/03/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
Pretty sure it's redrawing everything each time F3 is pressed, so hit it too frequently and it'll jam the program up.  You're welcome to send me the log.txt so I can check for sure.

The fix (for me) will be to ignore F3 until the previous redraw/processing has finished.

willwrite4chocolate

não lida,
17 de mar. de 2021, 12:57:5517/03/2021
para yWriter
Thanks. And now it seems to be working fine. Thank you!

Peter T.

não lida,
21 de mai. de 2021, 16:38:2021/05/2021
para yWriter
yw7.1.2.3 -- yw5 xml project files are - other than specified in the header - stored in utf-8 encoding. So they are not compatible with old yWriter 5 versions, if titles and descriptions contain non-ASCII characters.
On Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 8:55:14 AM UTC+1 Simon Haynes wrote:

Todd Carnes

não lida,
21 de mai. de 2021, 21:07:1821/05/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com

I wouldn't consider that a bug.

One should expect occasional "breaking changes" when upgrading from one full version number to another - especially if you're moving up 2 full versions from 5 to 7.

Todd

Peter T.

não lida,
22 de mai. de 2021, 01:38:4022/05/2021
para yWriter
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 3:07:18 AM UTC+2 toddc...@gmail.com wrote:

I wouldn't consider that a bug.

One should expect occasional "breaking changes" when upgrading from one full version number to another - especially if you're moving up 2 full versions from 5 to 7.

It is certainly a bug. The ability to save in obsolete file formats can only aim at backward compatibility. Of course, no one should use the .yw5 format anymore unless they -- for whatever reason -- still use the old yWriter 5 alongside.

Cheers, Peter

Todd Carnes

não lida,
22 de mai. de 2021, 02:00:1022/05/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com

Certainly?

I disagree.

You are "certainly" entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean yours is the only acceptable view anyone can have.

You make it sound like backward compatibility is an absolute "must". It is not. If it were, Windows 10 would still be compatible with old 16-bit MSDOS programs written in the 1980's. It is not. Why? Because after a certain point the work required for backward compatibility isn't worth the effort needed to maintain it.

Sometimes you just have to tell your users they need to either upgrade or live with the limitations of the older version.

I'm not interested in getting drawn into a debate over this. I will agree to disagree and let it go at that.

Todd

Peter T.

não lida,
22 de mai. de 2021, 05:53:4422/05/2021
para yWriter
On Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 8:00:10 AM UTC+2 toddc...@gmail.com wrote:

Certainly?

I disagree.

You are "certainly" entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't mean yours is the only acceptable view anyone can have.

You make it sound like backward compatibility is an absolute "must". It is not. If it were, Windows 10 would still be compatible with old 16-bit MSDOS programs written in the 1980's. It is not. Why? Because after a certain point the work required for backward compatibility isn't worth the effort needed to maintain it.

I think there is a misunderstanding here: It is not about whether yWriter 7 needs to be backward compatible or not. Indeed, it can save in .yw5 format, but this is implemented incorrectly. Any XML file should be encoded as its header indicates, shouldn't it?
If you want to express that the .yw5 format is deprecated and should not be used with yWriter 7, I basically agree with you.

Cheers,
Peter

Clifford Farris

não lida,
2 de jul. de 2021, 12:23:5302/07/2021
para yWriter
The current beta, 7.1.2.5 will not let me move scenes around within or without the chapters. I like the beta, but could move scenes fine in version 7.2.1.4. I can select but they will not move. Thanks.

Great product.
Cliff

Simon Haynes

não lida,
2 de jul. de 2021, 12:40:5102/07/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
Have you ticked 'Lock drag and drop' under the project menu?

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
7 de jul. de 2021, 14:45:3707/07/2021
para yWriter
I had some bugs that happened to me:
1-Sometimes, when typing, the text turns to background color. I use white text on black background, and sometimes, the text turns black.
A partial solution to this is to save the scene, close and reopen it. Kinda breaks the writing stream when you feel inspired to write.

2-Stuck text on upper right window. Sometimes, I get the characters/locations/items list stuck on the upper right window, and they don't change when clicking around the tabs. It happens usually when the text is displayed for a long time. Also happens when switching projects.
Partial Solution: Close and reopen yWriter.

Reported bugs that were solved:
1-Character/location/item pictures not showing up on the report:
Apparently, this was solved by having a folder name with no accents(´ ` ~ ^). We usually use accents in portuguese, but I made the change and solved the bug myself. It was a problem on my end.

Em terça-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2021 às 04:55:14 UTC-3, Simon Haynes escreveu:

Simon Haynes

não lida,
8 de jul. de 2021, 03:19:4408/07/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
I need to update yWriter 6.  With yW7 I recently switched away from a custom tab control that was more compatible with themes, but buggy overall.

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
11 de jul. de 2021, 01:45:4911/07/2021
para yWriter
Please do, it needs some maintenance for now, specially to solve the bugs I reported above.

Simon Haynes

não lida,
11 de jul. de 2021, 02:02:3511/07/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
yWriter 6.6.2.6 beta uploaded - this is a copy of the currentt yWriter7 beta

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
11 de jul. de 2021, 16:37:0611/07/2021
para yWriter
Need to get it through the website? The check for updates shows that 6.6.1.9 is the most current version.

Simon Haynes

não lida,
11 de jul. de 2021, 16:45:1311/07/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
Tools - Debug - Check for Beta Update I think?

Otherwise the website.  www.spacejock.com/yWriter6_Beta.html

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
11 de jul. de 2021, 20:04:5411/07/2021
para yWriter
Yup, got it with the Beta check. Thanks.

kingdomhe...@gmail.com

não lida,
12 de jul. de 2021, 03:21:1012/07/2021
para yWriter
Blank line before first paragraph after splitting scenes is back on 6.6.2.6.

Simon Haynes

não lida,
12 de jul. de 2021, 05:36:5312/07/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com

That's an odd one because I haven't changed any code. It's just yWriter 7 recompiled with dotnet 4.6.2

The changes to YW7 involved the UI, not exporting and so on.

Fletcher Kauffman

não lida,
16 de jul. de 2021, 23:51:4116/07/2021
para yWriter
Scene Editor Bugs:
First off, let me say that I actually enjoy using the Scene Editor for writing, as it's just customizable enough that I can make it comfortable, but also restricted enough not to make it a distraction.
That said, I've noticed a couple things happening in the 30-odd hours I've spent with it in the last few days.

1) It does not honor the paragraph-indent setting. It seems that it will, randomly, decide what the indent should be, including negative sometimes. It may go back to normal if the editor is closed, then reopened. It will seemingly re-calculate if the wind is resized to some other number it chooses. Oddly, actually setting the value to something else (say from 20 to 50) does not seem to have any noticeable effect.

2) Occasionally, the text at the entry point will turn black-- and I'm working in a green-on-black scheme. I don't know what the conditions are, but infrequently (it may have happened 4 times in the last couple days), as I'm typing, I will hit the end of a paragraph, then hit enter, then the next text I'm typing will be invisible (in my scheme), but it is there-- the caret is advancing and the text can be highlighted. To fix it, I have to delete back until I'm in the prior paragraph's end. It is very much as if an errant tag the turns the text black was dropped into the stream somehow-- and for people who use black-on-anything, they wouldn't notice it.

Hope this is helpful.

Simon Haynes

não lida,
17 de jul. de 2021, 04:21:0417/07/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com

The text editor in yWriter is based on the Microsoft RichText control (used in Wordpad.)

Anything that happens inside that window relies on the vagaries of that control, unfortunately. I influence it by physically changing the underlying RTF code (for example, editing the paragraph indent then putting the RTF back again) but there is little more I can do.

One thing I will say - yWriter5 uses the XP-era control from dotnet 3.5. yWriter 6 uses the Vista one. And yWriter 7 uses the Windows 7-era control.  This means the later the version of yWriter, the more advanced the text editor, especially when it comes to Unicode.

I have considered writing my own listboxes, tab dialogs, and text editor, (and have already done the listbox for another piece of software) but it would have to be Windows-only and, again, Maui is on the way.  It's possible Maui won't even have an RTF editor, or if it does it might operate completely differently.

Fletcher Kauffman

não lida,
18 de jul. de 2021, 13:08:0918/07/2021
para yWriter
It does appear that the two oddities I experience are, possibly, related to your handling of the control, given what you've just said.

The "black text" issue does appear to be (as someone else reported) when a tagged item (like a character) is the last text on the line. Then the next line you type will be black. My hunch is that whatever code is doing the highlighting of the text is 1) not stopping at just alphanumeric characters (it routinely goes past the, e.g., character name), 2) continuing through other characters (like highlighting following , ? ", etc.), and 3) when it's "done" changing the color, instead of switching back to EditorFG, it switches "back" to black. If there's code in there to prevent a highlight from wrapping, I'd guess this is where the issue is.

The paragraph indent issue is very strange-- it seems to be almost random. Two scene editor windows, side-by-side, can handle it differently at the same time. The one window I'm working in can alter it almost any time I touch the window. I can't even begin to hunch where the issue is, other than something really odd like, rather than reading the indent setting, it's reading a different value that does change over time, including to negative values. My assumption for how it's implemented-- or how I'd do it, I think-- is to have the indent be a number of characters, instead of a point size, and then just insert those characters when the paragraph is rendered; I don't even think it matters if the user can delete them or not, as with each "redraw" (re-render of text), the same number of spaces will be put back. Just a thought. Where it impacts me is that when I'm writing, I need parapgraph indents, or I get lost reading (like, my eyes won't stay on track), so it's when the indent gets really small or disappears that's the biggest problem, and the hanging indent scenario just makes the paragraph that much longer.

Fletcher Kauffman

não lida,
29 de jul. de 2021, 17:19:4629/07/2021
para yWriter
Update on these two issues, after MANY more hours of working with yWriter (aren't you proud I was able to do 130K words with your software?).

What I said above about the black text appears to still apply, the way I said it. It pops up rarely, and it does not require that the preceding line end with a highlighted item. I included a screenshot-- I just opened a scene, went to the bottom, hit enter one time, then typed "New paragraph". I got black text and no indent-- to remedy, I went back up to the previous line, deleted the last character, re-typed it, then hit enter twice, and typed again, getting the expected result. If there's no inline graphic here, I'll attach them.

For the unending highlights, I had a look at the raw RTF and, indeed, the closing tags are missing or misplaced. This also results in a highlighted item's coloring extending as long as I continue typing. If I save the scene, exit, and return, all will be correct, but while I'm typing in it, again, it looks like the closing tag is missing. I didn't test trying a second highlighted item in one of these continuous blocks, but I think the outcome would be deterministic based upon how this situation is handled in code (don't allow a highlight when one is currently open, or both close with the closing tag).
The graphic sequence here, I type the character name "Cooper" -- it is unhighlighted (expected), I type the following punctuation (a question mark, character name is highlighted, punctuation is unhighlighted -- expected), I pressed enter, then the punctuation became highlighted (unexpected), and I then went back up to that line and continued typing, and everything from then on is also highlighted. If there's no inline graphics here, I'll attach them in another post.

New Paragraph. Line ending with a character name like \cf2 Bren.\cf1  So, this worked fine.\par
What about if I end the line with \cf2 Cooper? Then the highlight continues..\cf1\par
\par

It's like the \cf1 tag is getting moved where it shouldn't be, and it's not being corrected because nothing is prompting a re-scan.

I can not find any rhyme or reason for the varying indents (I'm not even clear if it's happening on Windows, also-- I do more of my writing in Wine), except I do know that whatever indent amount it winds up with, it keeps that until a save happens, at which time, it will be changed if it's exhibiting this behavior. It appears, though, that there are only three ways it goes: "Correct" indentation, no indentation, or hanging indentation, and it will just happily flip around betwixt them-- but the amount of indent/overhang looks to be the same for each one (always indented the same, always overhung the same). I did not check and see if it does this in a reliable sequence.

Fletcher Kauffman

não lida,
29 de jul. de 2021, 17:21:3929/07/2021
para yWriter
Clipboarder.2021.07.29-009.png
Clipboarder.2021.07.29-008.png
Clipboarder.2021.07.29-007.png
Clipboarder.2021.07.29-010.png
Clipboarder.2021.07.29-011.png

Brayden Graves

não lida,
1 de ago. de 2021, 17:58:5701/08/2021
para yWriter
I have had an issue where when I try to insert something into a previous sentence, it replaces anything that I've already written there. So if I tried to write, say, "He ran from the dinosaur," and I tried to change it to "He ran from the blue dinosaur," it would show as "He ran from the blue aur." It isn't the biggest deal in that context, but when you have to rewrite an entire paragraph in order to add a single word, it can get really tedious.

Brayden Graves

não lida,
1 de ago. de 2021, 19:18:0101/08/2021
para yWriter

Never mind, I just hit the insert key. My bad!

Simon Haynes

não lida,
1 de ago. de 2021, 19:28:3701/08/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
That's okay, I'm sure we've all done that!

Renato Dias

não lida,
1 de dez. de 2021, 20:05:0801/12/2021
para yWriter
--Getting the Blank Lines after split;
--Text color changes out of nowhere:
I'm normally writing a text(I use white text on black background), and then the text color changes to background color, in the middle of a phrase I'm writing. I don't know what causes this.

Em terça-feira, 9 de fevereiro de 2021 às 04:55:14 UTC-3, Simon Haynes escreveu:

Renato Dias

não lida,
14 de dez. de 2021, 00:47:3114/12/2021
para yWriter
More bugs:
-Huge lag when closing a scene(either after editing or just viewing. App goes into Not Responding for a few seconds, then unlocks.

Henry Boleszny

não lida,
14 de dez. de 2021, 05:22:3414/12/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com

I’ve noticed this bug, too.

It’s most noticeable with a new story, while copy/pasting a number of characters or locations from one project to another.  For me, creating and setting up the story, then closing, then adding characters et al, then closing bypasses the memory overload issue.

Version 7.1.3.0 and earlier (not sure how far back) on Windows 10, now Windows 11.  yWriter 6 and yWriter 5 did not have the bug.

Henry

Sent from Mail for Windows

Simon Haynes

não lida,
14 de dez. de 2021, 08:49:0314/12/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
If someone can send me a log file next time this happens I'll see if there's a load of activity going on.

--

Renato Dias

não lida,
14 de dez. de 2021, 11:21:4714/12/2021
para yWriter
I'm having it with 6.6.2.9. My YW7 doesn't have this "bug".

Henry Boleszny

não lida,
16 de dez. de 2021, 19:32:1816/12/2021
para ywr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Simon,

You asked for a log file in the event the ‘do not respond’ lag occurs when handling characters

Hope this helps

Log_character not responding.txt

Lindsey W

não lida,
5 de fev. de 2022, 11:51:5305/02/2022
para yWriter
Hi Simon, just one bug to report here.

I'm using a new install of Windows 10 and this happens on the most recent yWriter 5, yWriter 6, and yWriter 7.1.3. When I'm in the scene editor and right click the following options don't work: "replace with ...", "set editor background colour" and "set editor font colour" are all clickable but the subsequent boxes where you can do those things don't appear. Nothing happens at all. I haven't tested out all the other options yet. I know it used to work on Windows 10 so I'm a bit perplexed!

Love your software, I've written many books on it and it makes life so much easier. Thanks for your hard work!

Simon Haynes

não lida,
5 de fev. de 2022, 13:39:0405/02/2022
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
Have you recently had a second monitor plugged in? Most likely explanation is that it's trying to display the dialog there.

The other possibility is that your Windows 10 hasn't updated the Dotnet runtimes yet (which is essential.)

Peter T.

não lida,
5 de fev. de 2022, 18:39:2805/02/2022
para yWriter
On Saturday, February 5, 2022 at 5:51:53 PM UTC+1 Lindsey W wrote:
I'm using a new install of Windows 10 and this happens on the most recent yWriter 5, yWriter 6, and yWriter 7.1.3. When I'm in the scene editor and right click the following options don't work: "replace with ...", "set editor background colour" and "set editor font colour" are all clickable but the subsequent boxes where you can do those things don't appear. Nothing happens at all. I haven't tested out all the other options yet. I know it used to work on Windows 10 so I'm a bit perplexed!

I confirm that. I have two monitors connected here, and no popup window appears on either. yWriter version is 7.1.3.0. Installed is Dotnet 4.8.04084

Cheers,
Peter

Lindsey W

não lida,
7 de fev. de 2022, 10:42:2207/02/2022
para yWriter
No second monitors have ever been plugged into this, and Dotnet version is 4.8.04084. I've tested it on another Windows 10 PC, same situation, and I'm having the same issue so it isn't just my new setup. They're both fully updated. Thanks.

Simon Haynes

não lida,
7 de fev. de 2022, 14:35:3107/02/2022
para ywr...@googlegroups.com
Okay, now I realise what's up with the colour menus.

I took a look in the code, and I'd manually switched off both of those, as the new Themes feature replaces them.

Just checked the "replace with ..." as well

That option has no code behind it at all, and I can only assume it was something I'd hidden but Windows has decided to unhide for some reason. (I'll often add menu entries for upcoming features then hide them until they're ready.)

Peter T.

não lida,
8 de fev. de 2022, 11:05:3308/02/2022
para yWriter
Terrific! Software that gives you a glimpse into the future!  XD

Jade Cooper

não lida,
28 de fev. de 2022, 08:16:4428/02/2022
para yWriter
Hi there,

I'm new to this group and I'm happy about it, because I am using yWriter for 10 years now.

I lately came to experience some bugs with the latest versions:

1. The daily wount starts at 4:00 am, not at 0:00 am (which is kinda annoying, but bearable)

2. I couldn't change the highlight colours any more. It only showed the 7 preassigned colours which were already set. No matter how many colours I edited, deleted or added, it showed always the same.

I had these issues when I upgraded from version 6 to 7 with Windows 10.
And they showed up on three different devices.
Unfortunately I have no screenshots of the 2nd issue because I downgraded the software from 7 to Version 6 6.6.1.9, but when the issues were both still there, I downgraded to the last version, which was working on my PC without major issues, which is version 6.0.2.5
272537014_280431487351288_1031730780787723520_n.png
272725983_262098212706188_3118989660798906208_n.png

Peter T.

não lida,
13 de mar. de 2022, 04:10:3513/03/2022
para yWriter
There are two ways to suppress the output of the chapter heading when exporting:
  • Start the chapter title with "@".
  • In the "Chapter Details" dialog, tick the "suppress chapter title when exporting" checkbox.
Both works for HTML export, but not for RTF export.
ywriter 7.1.3.0
Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar