Seeking YS Nominee Suggestions for the ILA Executive Board

Veronica De Fazio

Oct 21, 2021, 5:35:54 PM10/21/21
to Young Adult Services Forum (YASF)
Hi Everyone,

I am Past President of ILA and Chair of the Nominating Committee. We review nominee suggestions and put together what we hope will be a diverse slate of potential candidates for the election ballot. Those elected will serve a 3-year term on the ILA Executive Board. We are really looking for participation from the Youth Services area.

You do NOT have to be a library Director, have an MLS degree, or even have the title of Librarian. You DO have to be willing to become a personal member of ILA (dues are based on salary, starting at $40 annually). Being on the Board requires about 6-7 meetings annually (Zoom is almost always an option). You would meet colleagues around the state, discuss things like policy, budget and legislation, and you'd attend diversity training. You'd become the Board Liaison to a couple of ILA committees/forums as well. It's an interesting look at the big picture, sometimes fun, always informative, and a great resume-builder. I'm happy to answer any questions that you may have.

These are the positions opening up this year:

- Youth Services
- Two spots for someone from any type of library
- Public Library Trustee
- Vice President / President Elect

Would you like to be considered for a potential spot on the ballot?  Or would you like to recommend someone that you think would do a tremendous job? Here's the direct link to the form:

And here's the official blurb from ILA:

Call for Nominee Suggestions for 2022 ILA Executive Board Election
The ILA Nominating Committee is seeking candidates for the 2022 Executive Board election. In April 2022, members will vote for the ILA Vice-President/President-elect and for four Executive Board positions, which can be public, school, academic, special, or library trustee representatives. These are three-year terms beginning July 2022 and ending June 2025.

The nomination process begins with an open call for suggestions for candidates for these positions. All ILA members are invited to suggest a colleague or self-suggest. The submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 22, 2021. For more information and to submit nominee suggestions, please visit the ILA website.

Thanks for considering it!
Veronica