after school snacks?

Rachael Bild

Sep 2, 2021, 9:19:54 AMSep 2
to ya...@googlegroups.com

Hi folks,

We were told that the Greater Chicago Food Depository is no longer doing after school snacks.

With COVID, things are a bit harder to figure out in terms of providing food to folks who come in hungry.

What are other libraries doing?

Thanks!

--

Rachael Bild

Young Adult Librarian

Skokie Public Library

5215 Oakton Street

Skokie, IL 60077

847-324-3134

[she, her, hers]

Yvette Garcia

Sep 2, 2021, 12:04:18 PMSep 2
to ya...@googlegroups.com
First, double-check with GCFD.  The CPL fall sign-up just went out and we were told that they are transitioning back to normal distribution policy (pre-COVID).
Second, we aren't participating due to staff issues; however, we are going to partner with other organizations that can 'set up shop" at the library as a pop-up.
-Yvette

Rachael Bild

Sep 2, 2021, 3:31:10 PMSep 2
to ya...@googlegroups.com

Hi Yvette,

Thanks for the clarification! Turns out GCFS isn’t offering the grab-and-go option that they’ve been providing, and that was what our youth folks wanted (so they didn’t have unvaccinated kids unmasking and eating together).

What other organizations are you partnering with?

Thanks!!

--

Rachael Bild

Teen Services Librarian

Skokie Public Library

5215 Oakton Street

Skokie, IL 60077

847-324-3134

[she, her, hers]

Yvette Garcia

Sep 2, 2021, 4:01:22 PMSep 2
to ya...@googlegroups.com
Everything is pending admin approval; however, the resurrection project gets food donations from Amazon and distributes boxes of food; we've been asked to be a distribution site.