Problem signing into XMind Pro

brodd...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2009, 7:55:54 AM2/6/09
to XMind User Forum
Hey,

I have a lot of trouble signing into XMind Pro. I can without any
problems log in on the website, and check my account, and my
subscription is active etc.

When I start XMind Pro I get a "Sign In" window, but after supplying
user name and password I get a dialog saying "Connection Failed" and a
short text telling me to check my connection, contact support or log
in to xmind.net. I have two buttons, "Sign out" or "Retry". Retry
changes nothing, and Sign out lets me use XMind, but I suppose with a
limited functionality.

If I select "Check for updates" from the help-menu, I get another
dialog saying "Problem Occured" and under details:
Network connection problems encountered during search.
Unable to access "http://www.xmind.net/xmind/updates/xmindpro3".
Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
Premature end of file.
Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.]
Premature end of file.
over and over.

If I chose "My XMind Account" from the help menu, I get another "Sign
In" window, but this time it does not fail, and my account page is
shown in the XMind browser. The only thing that is odd here is the top
of the page, where ut usually says "My account(<account name>)", it
now says "My account(null)", instead of displaying my account name.

In this state, kind of logged in to XMind (The help menu displays
correct account name, and has the option to sign out). I tried to
upload a simple map, but I dont have the option to make it private. So
I guess the login still isnt correct.

Any ideas how to fix this?

stephen zhu

Feb 7, 2009, 9:54:29 PM2/7/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

This is the first time to meet this question. Please re-install your XMind Pro.

Stephen
--
=========
Skype: stephen0928

brodd...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2009, 4:17:42 AM2/9/09
to XMind User Forum
Hey,

I tried reinstalling, and the behavior is the same. After I start it
and log in, I get 3 dialogs at once. 2 are identical, like I described
before. The third one (wich I forgot to describe in the last post)
says:

"Problem Occured"
"An internal error occurred during: "Verify user information".
java.lang.NullPointerException

And I can still semi-log-in as described before.

stephen zhu

Feb 11, 2009, 3:21:04 AM2/11/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
are you using proxy?
--
=========
Skype: stephen0928

brodd...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2009, 3:53:47 AM2/11/09
to XMind User Forum
Yes I suppose we are. And probably with pretty strict settings.
> Skype: stephen0928- Hide quoted text -

igol...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2009, 9:50:31 PM2/11/09
to XMind User Forum
I am also having problems with the sign up, sign in, and download -
worst site I've come across for this... you guys at XMIND need to sort
this out - I'm an expert internet and pc user and I normally never run
into difficulties... Your downlaod/sign-in functionality really
sucks ... please make it more user friendly

stephen zhu

Feb 12, 2009, 6:06:27 AM2/12/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Signup an account is used to let you upload and share the maps online freely.  Download link has some mistakes during Chinese New Year. Because we are in vocation, we can not fix that in time. Now it should work.

Stephen
--
=========
Skype: stephen0928

igol...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2009, 2:40:55 PM2/15/09
to XMind User Forum
Still NOT Working

igol...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2009, 2:49:43 PM2/15/09
to XMind User Forum
Also - I'm just trying to download version 3 - and its not possible.
The email verification is NOT working. Please email me at igoldsmid AT
gmail.com and please provide a simple way for me to download a Version
3 trial

stephen zhu

Feb 16, 2009, 1:31:59 AM2/16/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

During which step did you meet the problem?
You should tell us more to let us help you. And now, everyday, thousands people can download XMind fluently.
Sincerely!

Stephen
--
=========
Skype: stephen0928

gue...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2009, 7:27:05 PM2/17/09
to XMind User Forum
I'm seeing the same issue when I am at the office using a proxy
server. I tried all the possible combinations of proxy configuration
(manual, auto, off...) and it plain does *not* work. When I'm at home
connected to the internet directly: no problem!

Guenael

jason schleifer

Feb 22, 2009, 3:07:41 PM2/22/09
to XMind User Forum
I'm not able to log in and download either.. when I try and log in it
just sits on the login screen.. can't seem to get past it. I've tried
in firefox and safari.. I'm running on os x.

-jason

stephen zhu

Feb 26, 2009, 12:17:56 AM2/26/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Have you signed up an account?  If not, you should sign up an account first at: http://www.xmind.net/signup .
Because based on Eclipse, the proxy in XMind has been tested and worked fluently.
--
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Robert Petkus

Feb 26, 2009, 10:56:28 AM2/26/09
to xm...@googlegroups.com
XMind behind a proxy does not work "fluently".  I posted some log messages and comments about this in another post "Unhappy XMind Pro subscriber".

Behind a proxy with correct XMind settings, the following behavior is observed (at least on Intel OS X Leopard 10.5.6):
1) Auto-sign in always fails.
2) User account name and password never remembered even if checked.
3) Cannot upload maps to the Xmind site.

All of the above actions work properly when not behind a firewall.

Selecting sign-in manually from "help" works, though.

Are there any specific logs or messages (other than what I already posted) that would be helpful in debugging this?

Robert

Dmitry Katsubo

Nov 4, 2010, 6:51:15 AM11/4/10
to Robert Petkus, xm...@googlegroups.com, Dmitry Katsubo
Hi list!

It looks like I have the same problem: I can't login from my office
(under a proxy).
I have Eclipse IDE installed with absolutely the same proxy settings
(manual + proxy host and port defined) and it works well.
I also tried to trick with XMind by specifying:
-Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy
-Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
in xmind.ini but that didn't help. Can somebody confirm that HTTP
proxy is enough for it to function?

XMind v3.2.0
Similar problem is described here:
http://groups.google.com/group/xmind/browse_thread/thread/4a421c72876203c2/fae9fa6664877ef8

On Feb 26 2009, 4:56 pm, Robert Petkus <mrpet...@gmail.com> wrote:
> XMind behind a proxy does not work "fluently".  I posted some log
> messages and comments about this in another post "Unhappy XMind Pro
> subscriber".
>
> Behind a proxy with correct XMind settings, the following behavior is
> observed (at least on Intel OS X Leopard 10.5.6):
> 1) Auto-sign in always fails.
> 2) User account name and password never remembered even if checked.
> 3) Cannot upload maps to the Xmind site.
>
> All of the above actions work properly when not behind a firewall.
>
> Selecting sign-in manually from "help" works, though.
>
> Are there any specific logs or messages (other than what I already
> posted) that would be helpful in debugging this?
>
> Robert
>
> On Feb 26, 2009, at 12:17 AM, stephen zhu wrote:
>
> > Have you signed up an account?  If not, you should sign up an
> > account first at:http://www.xmind.net/signup.
> > Because based on Eclipse, the proxy in XMind has been tested and
> > worked fluently.
>

> > On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 4:07 AM, jason schleifer <jason.schlei...@gmail.com

stephen zhu

Nov 24, 2010, 4:27:11 AM11/24/10
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dmitry

What about setting the proxy in the preferences?

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Ken

Dec 12, 2010, 5:31:20 AM12/12/10
to XMind User Forum
I have the issue trying to log in from both inside and outside
corporate firewall. Initially we thought it may be a PC firewall
problem but then tried a machine without Symantec endpoint and it
still gives the same problem "Failed to connect to..." which is a
truncated message. Can someone help?

On Nov 24, 10:27 am, stephen zhu <stephen0928....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dmitry
>
> What about setting the proxy in the preferences?
>
> Sincerely!
>
> Stephen
> =========
> Skype: stephen0928
>
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Dmitry Katsubo <dmitry.kats...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi list!
>
> > It looks like I have the same problem: I can't login from my office
> > (under a proxy).
> > I have Eclipse IDE installed with absolutely the same proxy settings
> > (manual + proxy host and port defined) and it works well.
> > I also tried to trick with XMind by specifying:
> > -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy
> > -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
> > in xmind.ini but that didn't help. Can somebody confirm that HTTP
> > proxy is enough for it to function?
>
> > XMind v3.2.0
> > Similar problem is described here:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/xmind/browse_thread/thread/4a421c72876...
> > xmind+un...@googlegroups.com <xmind%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

Ken

Dec 12, 2010, 5:55:51 AM12/12/10
to XMind User Forum
Srephen,
Did this get resolved. I seem to have the same problem!

On Nov 24, 10:27 am, stephen zhu <stephen0928....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dmitry
>
> What about setting the proxy in the preferences?
>
> Sincerely!
>
> Stephen
> =========
> Skype: stephen0928
>
> On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Dmitry Katsubo <dmitry.kats...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi list!
>
> > It looks like I have the same problem: I can't login from my office
> > (under a proxy).
> > I have Eclipse IDE installed with absolutely the same proxy settings
> > (manual + proxy host and port defined) and it works well.
> > I also tried to trick with XMind by specifying:
> > -Dhttp.proxyHost=proxy
> > -Dhttp.proxyPort=8080
> > in xmind.ini but that didn't help. Can somebody confirm that HTTP
> > proxy is enough for it to function?
>
> > XMind v3.2.0
> > Similar problem is described here:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/group/xmind/browse_thread/thread/4a421c72876...
> > xmind+un...@googlegroups.com <xmind%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.

stephen zhu

Dec 13, 2010, 3:24:56 AM12/13/10
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ken

Do you use the Proxy to connect internet?

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Felix

Jan 4, 2011, 7:09:58 AM1/4/11
to XMind User Forum
Hi there,

it seems I got the same Problem here.
- I tried the trick with the xmind.ini
- I set the proxy host manually in the preferences
- I set the Java-Proxy in Java configuration
- I made a Firewall exception in my Client Firewall (our company
firewall is not editable by me for sure ^^)

How is the login trying to connect? I know that our Proxy only allows
traffic on ports 443 and 80. If the login uses a socket connection on
other ports than the http-usually ones it seems this won't work at
all.

Is there a way to activate pro mode offline?

On 13 Dez. 2010, 09:24, stephen zhu <stephen0928....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ken
>
> Do you use the Proxy to connect internet?
>
> Sincerely!
>
> Stephen
> =========
> Skype: stephen0928
>
> > xmind%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com<xmind%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>

stephen zhu

Jan 14, 2011, 3:14:09 AM1/14/11
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Felix

XMind can be used offline.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Geoff

Jan 19, 2011, 4:35:25 AM1/19/11
to XMind User Forum
Hi

I am also unable to sign-in as an XMind 3.2.1 Pro user, on a MacBook
running 10.6.5, when trying to connect via my workplace proxy.

I have edited the Network Connections prefs in XMind to "Direct" and
entered the correct proxy settings and port number for my work. The
XMind internal Browser picks up those settings and connects fine. And
from within the internal browser, I can connect to the web page of my
XMind account fine as well.

When I try to sign-in to XMind.net via the main XMind Help menu,
however, the sign in button goes grey, its text changes to "Signing
in" and then it just hangs indefinitely. The "Find Updates" option in
the XMind Help Menu also hangs indefinitely at "0%".

I have reinstalled XMind after deleting it and its associated prefs
using AppDelete. That had no effect.

I can sign-in to the above and upload maps fine from home, where I am
connecting directly, and not via a proxy. But I do most of my mapping
at work.

Many thanks in advance for any advice,

geoff

Geoff

Jan 19, 2011, 5:01:51 AM1/19/11
to XMind User Forum

I did eventually get an error message with the hanging "Find Updates".

"Fail to find new updates of XMind. Please check your network
connection and try again. Malformed reply from SOCKS server."

Geoff

Jan 19, 2011, 11:25:11 AM1/19/11
to XMind User Forum
So this is basically part 3 of my post (the other parts still seem to
be undergoing moderation)

So Im at home now, where as I said before, I can indeed sign-in and
upload maps.

But following up a tip from one of the other threads Ive determined
that the network settings for the "sign-in" and the internal browser
are determined completely independently, by the network prefs set in
two different locations.

1. Sign-in: by settings in XMind Network Connections prefs.
2. Browser: by - in my mac at least- the network prefs set in Safari.

Seems a rather confusing way to do things.

And I do not think these insights will help me to sign-in via my work
proxy, since I had already tried every possible combination of Safari
and XMind network prefs.

cheers

geoff

stephen zhu

Jan 20, 2011, 11:00:30 PM1/20/11
to xm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoff

When you sign in at home, please enable "Remember me on this computer", then you can use the pro feature in office besides uploading map.
As for XMind Proxy, please try to select "Manual" and set the socks. As I know, only socks works well at present.

Sincerely!

Stephen
=========
Skype: stephen0928

Geoff

Jan 20, 2011, 11:37:38 PM1/20/11
to XMind User Forum
Dear Stephen

Many thanks for the reply. I had already read about setting the
"Remember me..." at home strategy, and that does allow me to access
the pro features at work, except of course for the map uploading.

I had also already tried setting the socks proxy via "Manual", both in
combination with the http and https settings, and on its own. None of
those helped with map uploading, signing-in, update checking, etc at
work. Map uploading from work is particularly useful to me because I
use maps in teaching exercises, and I need to be able to revise
mistakes in maps, as they are detected by students.

Having read
- what you say,
- the posts of the other people with the problem,
- the absence of posts from any regular users who have solved this
problem,

Im interpreting that the proxy problem is a bug, and guessing that
XMind doesnt know yet how to fix it. If this is true, it would seem
wise to acknowledge it as such and perhaps to follow up (or at least
address) the suggestion of one of the other posters to allow map
uploading from the account holder's XMind website. Even if the
putative bug is fixed, that would seem a good feature to have.

Cheers

geoff

roirosenthal2

Feb 3, 2011, 3:00:50 AM2/3/11
to XMind User Forum
Thumbs up for Geoff response,

I'm having problems here working from my workplace behind a proxy.
tried the direct & dynamic settings both fail me on the early login
stage - 'Failed to Connect to XMind.net. please check your network
settings...'
I have tried manual as well but that didn't work as well.
I would appreciate an option to provide an automatic proxy script(as
this is what we use at work)

Roi

roirosenthal2

Feb 3, 2011, 4:41:56 AM2/3/11
to XMind User Forum
Had the same issue, also behind a proxy

seems like I needed use the manual configuration and fill the proxy
server for SOCKS as well with port 1080. didn't work with only http&
https proxies (ports 8080 & 443)

it's working for signon & upload now.

I would add a button for checking network settings in the network
settings tab, this will ease some of the frustration.

Roi