DS Import

allenflame

Sep 15, 2011, 9:49:22 AM9/15/11
to WSTools
Can you use DS Import to import Zenworks Applications? To test, I
created a notepad application, just to run notepad, and associated it
with one user. I exported an existing Application, deleted the empty
fields, and changed all the notepad to wordpad. Then I tried to
import it in, but got errors. I was hoping this would work so when I
start creating apps for printer installs for my schools. I'm getting
errors about the Aux Class, which I have no idea what an
App:Application Class would use for Aux Class. Any ideas?

Phillip Allen
Marion School District 1

Wolfgang Schreiber

Sep 26, 2011, 3:36:03 AM9/26/11
to WSTools
Be aware that ZEN does not store all it's information in eDirectory.
However, all info that ZEN stores in eDirectory could however be set/
modified by DSImport.

Not being an expert for ZEN, I could not be of much help for how the
req'ed attributes need to look like, but you may use other tools like
iManager or LDAP tools to test and identify the necessary syntax, then
use DSImport for automation.
Use DSReport or LDAP tools to check, how the attribute values _should_
look like, and what Aux Classes are set for properly working objects.

To be more specific, I'd need more details on what exactly you
changed, samples, error codes, etc.

Good luck

Wolfgang