"Location" and "Other Name"

Wolfgang Schreiber

Aug 4, 2011, 5:06:14 PM8/4/11
to WSTools, Bohumi...@mestocernosice.cz
Subject: Question

Dear Mr. Schreiber,
I have some problem with attributes "Location" and "Other Name" during
creating of user objects. DSimport reports wrong name of attribute
(the attribute "Location" is unknown in the selected class "User" and
"auxClass"). Can you help me by those two attributes? A have
discovered, that some attributes have mismatches: the attribut "Fax
Number", showed in C1, has correct name "Facsimile Telephone Number"
etc
.
With regards

Bohumil

Wolfgang Schreiber

Aug 4, 2011, 5:11:35 PM8/4/11
to WSTools
Bohumil,

Please be aware that the attribute display names in ConsoleOne do not
necessarily match the eDirectory attribute names.
As you figured out, this applies to "Facsimile Telephone Number" and
actually most attributes names.

ConsoleOne presents colloquial names in your local display language.

To be more specific, "Location" represents "L" and "Other Name" the
values #2-#n of the CN attribute.

DSReport is a great tool to identify the real attribute names.

Good luck

Wolfgang

On 4 Aug., 23:06, Wolfgang Schreiber <dr.w.schrei...@googlemail.com>