WeeWX V4.6.1 released

Tom Keffer

Feb 10, 2022, 7:59:41 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user, weewx-development
This dot-dot releases fixes a few minor glitches in the last release:

4.6.1 02/10/2022
Make the show_rss and show_reports flags work properly. Fixes issue #739.

Added $to_list() utility for use in Cheetah templates.

Fixed a few more untranslated fields in Seasons skin.

Observation types that use the `sum` extractor are set to None if no LOOP
packets contributed to the accumulator. Fixes issue #737.

Added ppm as default group_fraction. Added default label string for ppm.

Added Norwegian translations. Thanks to user Aslak! PR #742.

Fixed problem that caused wee_database --check-strings/--fix-strings to fail on
TEXT fields. Fixes issue #738.

Ryan Stasel

Feb 10, 2022, 8:38:20 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
I'm now seeing what seems like debug info at the top of Seasons after upgrade.

"True True

['outTemp', 'heatindex', 'windchill', 'dewpoint', 'outHumidity', 'barometer', 'windSpeed', 'rain', 'rainRate', 'UV', 'radiation', 'lightning_strike_count', 'inTemp', 'inHumidity', 'extraTemp1', 'extraHumid1', 'extraTemp2', 'extraHumid2', 'pm1_0', 'pm2_5', 'pm10_0']

['outTemp', 'heatindex', 'windchill', 'dewpoint', 'outHumidity', 'barometer', 'windSpeed', 'rain', 'rainRate', 'UV', 'radiation', 'lightning_strike_count', 'inTemp', 'inHumidity', 'extraTemp1', 'extraHumid1', 'extraTemp2', 'extraHumid2', 'pm1_0', 'pm2_5', 'pm10_0']

['foo']

['foo']"

Roger L

Feb 10, 2022, 9:14:09 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
I am seeing the same after the upgrade. Also, I am also seeing output of sensors I do not have on my Vantage Vue.
All worked with v4.6.0

Additional output not seen with v4.6.0
leafTemp1

-89.0
-90.0

°F

leafTemp2

-82.0
-82.0

°F

leafWet1

1
0

leafWet2

8
8

soilTemp1

-89.0
-90.0

°F

soilTemp2

-82.0
-90.0

°F

soilTemp3

-89.0
-90.0

°F

soilTemp4

-90.0
-90.0

°F

soilMoist1

2
0

cb

soilMoist2

8
8

cb

soilMoist3

4
0

cb

soilMoist4

0
0

cb

Tom Keffer

Feb 10, 2022, 9:17:30 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
Hmmm, I'll check with Matthew and see what's going on.

matthew wall

Feb 10, 2022, 9:29:54 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 9:14:09 PM UTC-5 roger...@gmail.com wrote:
I am seeing the same after the upgrade. Also, I am also seeing output of sensors I do not have on my Vantage Vue.
All worked with v4.6.0

when you installed 4.6.0, was that an upgrade or a new install?  how did you do the install/upgrade?

please do a query for one of the observations you listed.  for example, using sqlite3:

sqlite3 /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb
> select dateTime,leafTemp1 from archive;

do you see any non-null values in your database?

Ryan Stasel

Feb 10, 2022, 10:04:36 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
in my case I did an upgrade. I too have a Vantage Vue, but am not seeing those other values.

You can see what I'm seeing here: https://www.staze.org/weewx/

matthew wall

Feb 10, 2022, 10:24:04 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 10:04:36 PM UTC-5 rcst...@gmail.com wrote:
in my case I did an upgrade. I too have a Vantage Vue, but am not seeing those other values.

thank you, ryan.  the junk in the titlebar was my mistake - i inadvertently copied some diagnostic code in titlebar.inc  from a dev site into the area where i do weewx releases.

i am thus far unable to duplicate the behavior described by roger.  as far as i know there were no changes between 4.6.0 and 4.6.1 that would have caused data to show up in 4.6.1.  it is release 4.6.0 that made Seasons display more sensors, but only if there are data from those sensors.

the output from the database query should help us figure it out.

Ryan Stasel

Feb 10, 2022, 10:25:24 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
Awesome, thanks! Should I wait for 4.6.2 and live with this a few days, or should I go ahead and fix the titlebar.inc? Thanks again!

matthew wall

Feb 10, 2022, 10:38:11 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 10:25:24 PM UTC-5 rcst...@gmail.com wrote:
Awesome, thanks! Should I wait for 4.6.2 and live with this a few days, or should I go ahead and fix the titlebar.inc? Thanks again!

to fix titlebar.inc, just remove these lines:

4.6.2 is ready to release, i'm just waiting to see if roger has any more information about his installation.

Roger L

Feb 10, 2022, 11:38:23 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
I believe that I did an upgrade, but not sure.  I ran this command 'sudo apt-get install weewx' and was asked about replacing files, I selected the default values for each question.

Here are the last few lines of the select statement. I did not see any null values.

1644552300|-89.0
1644552600|-89.0
1644552900|-89.0
1644553200|-89.0
1644553500|-89.0
1644553800|-89.0
1644554100|-89.0
sqlite>

Roger L

Feb 10, 2022, 11:48:28 PM2/10/22
to weewx-user
Removing those lines did indeed fix the title bar. That fix worked!

I am still seeing this lines below. I have not seen from 'leafTemp1 ' onward before.

Today

Outside Temperature

77.7
38.8

°F

Heat Index

76.3
37.8

°F

Wind Chill

77.7
37.7

°F

Dew Point

44.3
35.0

°F

Humidity

88
23

%

Barometer

30.225
30.121

inHg

Max Wind

8
58

mph
°

Average Wind

0

mph

RMS Wind

1

mph

Vector Average
Vector Direction

0
71

mph
°

Rain

0.00

in

Rain Rate

0.00

in/h

ET

0.09

in

UV Index

2.2

Radiation

582
0

W/m²

Inside Temperature

77.9
67.0

°F

Inside Humidity

47
35

%

leafTemp1

-89.0
-90.0

°F

leafTemp2

-82.0
-82.0

°F

leafWet1

1
0

leafWet2

8
8

soilTemp1

-88.0
-90.0

°F

soilTemp2

-82.0
-90.0

°F

soilTemp3

-88.0
-90.0

°F

soilTemp4

-90.0
-90.0

°F

soilMoist1

2
0

cb

soilMoist2

8
8

cb

soilMoist3

4
0

cb

soilMoist4

0
0

cb

Roger L

Feb 11, 2022, 12:01:07 AM2/11/22
to weewx-user
Here is part of the output during the install:

Configuration file '/etc/weewx/skins/Standard/index.html.tmpl'
 ==> Modified (by you or by a script) since installation.
 ==> Package distributor has shipped an updated version.
   What would you like to do about it ?  Your options are:
    Y or I  : install the package maintainer's version
    N or O  : keep your currently-installed version
      D     : show the differences between the versions
      Z     : start a shell to examine the situation
 The default action is to keep your current version.
*** index.html.tmpl (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ?
Installing new version of config file /etc/weewx/skins/Standard/lang/en.conf ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/weewx/skins/Standard/skin.conf ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/weewx/skins/Standard/smartphone/barometer.html.tmpl ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/weewx/skins/Standard/smartphone/index.html.tmpl ...
Installing new version of config file /etc/weewx/skins/Standard/week.html.tmpl ...

Hopefully that is helpful.

If you need anything else, let me know.

-Roger

Jonathan Ryshpan

Feb 11, 2022, 3:53:11 AM2/11/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 20:48 -0800, Roger L wrote:
Removing those lines did indeed fix the title bar. That fix worked!

I am still seeing this lines below. I have not seen from 'leafTemp1 ' onward before.
I think I'm seeing what Roger sees; there's some weird text at the top of the screen.  A screenshot is attached.

The station is visible on the web at: http://oaklandweather.ddns.net/

--
Thanks - Jonathan Ryshpan <jon...@pacbell.net>

	Quantula sapientia mundus regitur.
	-- Oxenstierna
Weewx-weird.jpg

t...@tom.org

Feb 11, 2022, 6:49:36 AM2/11/22
to weewx-user
I installed it from the Docker image: mitct02/weewx:4.6.1 and see the problem as well.

Aleš Berka

Feb 11, 2022, 6:56:46 AM2/11/22
to weewx-user
Hi,
I have upgraded 4.5.1 using debian package to 4.6.1 and also had the trouble with titlebar.inc - I have fixed it thanks to posts above.
However I don't understand what's changed, my reports are in US / Imperial units, although I have changed

   [[Defaults]]

        # Which language to use for all reports. Not all skins support all languages.
        # You can override this for individual reports.
        lang = en

        # Which unit system to use for all reports. Choices are 'us', 'metric', or 'metricwx'.
        # You can override this for individual reports.
        unit_system = metricwx

I tried both metric an metricwx.
The rest in [[[Units]]] is commented.

[StdConvert]
  target_unit = US

I did not change this due to the warning...

Any ideas what am I missing?

Thanks,
    Ales

matthew wall

Feb 11, 2022, 7:01:27 AM2/11/22
to weewx-user
On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 11:48:28 PM UTC-5 roger...@gmail.com wrote:
Removing those lines did indeed fix the title bar. That fix worked!

I am still seeing this lines below. I have not seen from 'leafTemp1 ' onward before.

thank you, roger.  if you remove the data for the sensors that you do not have, then those values will not show up in the display.

one of the big changes in 4.6 was to make the Seasons skin automatically adapt to your configuration.  previously it displayed only a fixed set of data, and if you wanted to show data from more sensors, you had to modify the skin.

with 4.6, the Seasons skin displays data for most sensors automatically, but only if there are data in the database.  there is now a 'DisplayOptions' section in the skin.conf that you can use to control which observations are shown.  we did this because if you have many, many sensors, Seasons will show them all, and sometimes it is nice to have a small subset in the 'current' block or in the 'rss' feeds.  this also makes it easier to use the Seasons skin with other types of stations (like power monitoring).

if you see data for sensors you do not have, then somehow data got into your database for those sensors.

remove the junk data from the database, and the display will go back to 'normal'.

matthew wall

Feb 11, 2022, 7:04:50 AM2/11/22
to weewx-user
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 6:56:46 AM UTC-5 ales.b...@gmail.com wrote:
However I don't understand what's changed, my reports are in US / Imperial units, although I have changed

could you try setting `unit_system = metricwx` in the `lang/en.conf` file instead of in defaults?

matthew wall

Feb 11, 2022, 7:16:13 AM2/11/22
to weewx-user
On Thursday, February 10, 2022 at 11:38:23 PM UTC-5 roger...@gmail.com wrote:
Here are the last few lines of the select statement. I did not see any null values.

1644552300|-89.0
1644552600|-89.0
1644552900|-89.0
1644553200|-89.0
1644553500|-89.0
1644553800|-89.0
1644554100|-89.0
sqlite>

roger,

the timestamps for these observations are recent - 1644554100 is  Friday, February 11, 2022 4:35:00 AM UTC

so it looks like *something* is inserting data for leafTemp1...

try the query for the others.  you can do it for multiple observations like this:

select dateTime,leafTemp1,leafTemp2,leafWet1,leafWet2 from archive;
select dateTime,soilTemp1,soilTemp2,soilTemp3,soilTemp4 from archive;
select dateTime,soilMoist1,soilMoist2,soilMoist3,soilMoist4 from archive;

for each query, check the latest dateTime that has data (non-null).  to view the timestamp in human-readable form, use an epoch converter such as this one:

Marius Schamschula

Feb 11, 2022, 7:24:05 AM2/11/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
4.6.0 started showing the Evapotranspiration (empty) plot on my Vantage Pro2, even though it lacks the solar sensor which is required to generate the data.

On the Raspberry PI I had to edit the Seasons skin conf file to delete all references to ET.

On my FreeBSD machine I use a customized version of the Standard skin, and the ET plot never showed up.

matthew wall

Feb 11, 2022, 7:30:23 AM2/11/22
to weewx-user
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 7:24:05 AM UTC-5 mscham...@gmail.com wrote:
4.6.0 started showing the Evapotranspiration (empty) plot on my Vantage Pro2, even though it lacks the solar sensor which is required to generate the data.

you are probably seeing the result of incorrect StdWXCalculate behavior (described in issue 737, fix included in release 4.6.1) and the dynamic behavior of Seasons skin since 4.6.0.

if you delete the ET values from your database, they will not be displayed in the Seasons skin

On the Raspberry PI I had to edit the Seasons skin conf file to delete all references to ET.

there are three approaches to making ET not display:

1) delete the ET data from your database

2) remove ET from the observation lists in DisplayOptions in skin.conf (or by overriding these values in weewx.conf)

3) remove all references to ET in the skin

Jonathan Ryshpan

Feb 11, 2022, 10:41:12 AM2/11/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 2022-02-11 at 00:52 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 20:48 -0800, Roger L wrote:
Removing those lines did indeed fix the title bar. That fix worked!

I am still seeing this lines below. I have not seen from 'leafTemp1 ' onward before.
I think I'm seeing what Roger sees; there's some weird text at the top of the screen.  A screenshot is attached.

The station is visible on the web at: http://oaklandweather.ddns.net/

The problem started after a full system upgrade, as a part of which weewx was upgraded to version 4.6.1.

Info about the station (I forgot to include in the original posting).
Weewx Info
WeeWX version 4.6.1
Skin Seasons 4.6.1

System Info
Operating System: Fedora Linux 35
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.5
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.90.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.16.7-200.fc35.x86_64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: Wayland
Processors: 2 Intel® Pentium® CPU G2030 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 7.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics 2500

--
Sincerely Jonathan Ryshpan <jon...@pacbell.net>

	The mind is not a vessel to be filled; it is
	a fire to be kindled. -- Plutarch

Aleš Berka

Feb 11, 2022, 12:57:24 PM2/11/22
to weewx-user
Still the same, even with unit_system = metric in lang/en.conf...
By the way, do you think my data are broken since upgrade or is just this issue with display units?
See attachment.
Screenshot_119.png
Or is simulator now enabled? :-( I'm confused what's going on after the upgrade, I'm new to weewx, so perhaps sorry for silly questions

Aleš Berka

Feb 11, 2022, 3:39:54 PM2/11/22
to weewx-user
Hi Matthew,
lang/en.conf did help, I just forgot to /etc/init.d/weewx restart, I feel ashamed. Same for the simulator instead of observer, everything back to life after restart and 5 minutes...
Thanks for help.

matthew wall

Feb 11, 2022, 5:44:49 PM2/11/22
to weewx-user
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 3:39:54 PM UTC-5 ales.b...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Matthew,
lang/en.conf did help, I just forgot to /etc/init.d/weewx restart, I feel ashamed. Same for the simulator instead of observer, everything back to life after restart and 5 minutes...

a change to lang/en.conf does not require restart.  so apparently the restart made your changes to weewx.conf take effect, and the entry in lang/en.conf is superfluous.

matthew wall

Feb 11, 2022, 5:47:30 PM2/11/22
to weewx-user
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 10:41:12 AM UTC-5 jonatha...@gmail.com wrote:
On Fri, 2022-02-11 at 00:52 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
On Thu, 2022-02-10 at 20:48 -0800, Roger L wrote:
Removing those lines did indeed fix the title bar. That fix worked!

I am still seeing this lines below. I have not seen from 'leafTemp1 ' onward before.
I think I'm seeing what Roger sees; there's some weird text at the top of the screen.  A screenshot is attached.

The station is visible on the web at: http://oaklandweather.ddns.net/

The problem started after a full system upgrade, as a part of which weewx was upgraded to version 4.6.1.

jonathan,

the debug/diagnostic text in the titlebar was removed in 4.6.2, so if that is the only problem you see, then updating to 4.6.2 will fix it.

matthew wall

Feb 11, 2022, 5:52:51 PM2/11/22
to weewx-user
On Friday, February 11, 2022 at 12:57:24 PM UTC-5 ales.b...@gmail.com wrote:
Or is simulator now enabled? :-( I'm confused what's going on after the upgrade, I'm new to weewx, so perhaps sorry for silly questions

ales,

which driver do you usually use?  did your installation change to simulator after the upgrade?  are you running weewx on a debian-based system?

Rob Cranfill

Feb 11, 2022, 8:53:29 PM2/11/22
to weewx-user
I too am seeing reports from sensors I don't have - leaf and soil temp and moisture, from my 4.6.2 (upgraded via apt) and a VantageVue.

I look forward to hearing more on this, and I'll let y'all know if I figure anything out.....

Roger L

Feb 12, 2022, 1:26:42 AM2/12/22
to weewx-user
Hi Matthew,

It does look like there is something putting data in for those sensors. There are still inserts taking place, some in the last few minutes.

select dateTime,leafTemp1 from archive;

1644646200|-88.0
1644646500|-88.0   <---Friday, February 11, 2022 10:15:00 PM GMT-08:00

It seems I need to stop the new data going in. Removing any previous data would be in vein if new data went in moments after. The data may need to be removed, but stopping new data seems like the first task.

Any pointers on where to look?

Thank you,
Roger

matthew wall

Feb 12, 2022, 7:55:18 AM2/12/22
to weewx-user
On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 1:26:42 AM UTC-5 roger...@gmail.com wrote:
Any pointers on where to look?

roger and rob,

what extensions do you have on your weewx system?

some extensions use existing database fields to store data instead of adding to the schema.  is this the case on your system?

Roger L

Feb 12, 2022, 11:23:24 AM2/12/22
to weewx-user
Hi Matthew,

pi@weather-pi:/usr/share/weewx $ wee_extension --list
Extension Name    Version   Description
Belchertown       1.2       A clean modern skin with real time streaming updates and interactive charts. Modeled after BelchertownWeather.com
purpleair         0.1       Collect Purple Air air quality data.

Happy to uninstall them to try to remove them in order to determine if that would solve the issue.

-Roger

matthew wall

Feb 12, 2022, 12:42:47 PM2/12/22
to weewx-user
On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 11:23:24 AM UTC-5 roger...@gmail.com wrote:
purpleair         0.1       Collect Purple Air air quality data.

this *might* be the culprit.  you can verify by:

1) run weewx directly, then post here a few LOOP packets and REC records from that.  that will tell us which fields are being populated.

2) remove the purple air extension, then run weewx directly again.  see what the LOOP and REC look like then.

3) finally, you might consider the latest purpleair 3.1:

but before you update your purpleair, please run the first two tests so that we can be sure what is happening.

thank you!

vince

Feb 12, 2022, 12:56:43 PM2/12/22
to weewx-user
Matthew - I run the same purpleair extension and version.   It just grabs some simple AQ stuff. And sends it to a secondary db.

CREATE TABLE archive (`dateTime` INTEGER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, `usUnits` INTEGER NOT NULL, `interval` INTEGER NOT NULL, `purple_temperature` REAL, `purple_humidity` REAL, `purple_dewpoint` REAL, `purple_pressure` REAL, `pm1_0_cf_1` REAL, `pm1_0_atm` REAL, `pm2_5_cf_1` REAL, `pm2_5_atm` REAL, `pm10_0_cf_1` REAL, `pm10_0_atm` REAL, `aqi2_5` INTEGER);

Rob Cranfill

Feb 12, 2022, 3:47:09 PM2/12/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Matthew,

pi@pi3b:/etc/weewx $ wee_extension --list

Extension Name    Version   Description
Belchertown       1.2       A clean modern skin with real time streaming updates and interactive charts. Modeled after BelchertownWeather.com
cmon              0.20      Collect and display computer health indicators.

So I have Belchertown as does Roger. The culprit?

Thanks for your help! :)

</rob>

gjr80

Feb 12, 2022, 6:12:06 PM2/12/22
to weewx-user

I would be very surprised if Belchertown is adding data to the database as it is an extension that generates output only, as far as I can see it does not contain any code to add data to loop packets/archive records nor add/alter any archive records to/in the database.

wee_extension --list only shows those extensions that were installed using the wee_extension utility (and that have not been subsequently uninstalled using wee_extension); it does not show any other extensions, add-ons etc that were not installed by wee_extension nor does it tell us anything about what driver or services are being used. Far better to see a startup log with debug=1 as well as a wee_debug report. This will show us exactly how WeeWX is configured and specifically what driver and services are in use.

Gary

Roger L

Feb 13, 2022, 1:09:29 AM2/13/22
to weewx-user
1)  This was the first time have run it directly :)
pi@weather-pi:/etc/weewx/scripts $ sudo ./weewxd
REC:    2022-02-12 21:50:00 PST (1644731400) 'altimeter': '30.2184565672', 'appTemp': '48.4549536262', 'barometer': '30.219', 'cloudbase': '1622.11179175', 'consBatteryVoltage': 'None', 'dateTime': '1644731400', 'dewpoint': '44.2071081163', 'ET': '0.0', 'forecastRule': '1', 'heatindex': '48.287', 'highOutTemp': '50.1', 'highRadiation': '0.0', 'highUV': '0.0', 'humidex': '49.8', 'inDewpoint': '50.480292894', 'inHumidity': '45.0', 'inTemp': '73.1', 'interval': '5', 'leafTemp1': '-88.0', 'leafTemp2': '-82.0', 'leafWet1': '2.0', 'leafWet2': '8.0', 'lowOutTemp': '49.8', 'maxSolarRad': '0.0', 'outHumidity': '81.0', 'outTemp': '49.8', 'pressure': '29.8351421216', 'radiation': '0.0', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'rxCheckPercent': '87.125', 'soilMoist1': '0.0', 'soilMoist2': '32.0', 'soilMoist3': '0.0', 'soilMoist4': '0.0', 'soilTemp1': '-88.0', 'soilTemp2': '-90.0', 'soilTemp3': '-89.0', 'soilTemp4': '-90.0', 'txBatteryStatus': 'None', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '0.0', 'wind_samples': '102.0', 'windchill': '49.8', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': '0.0', 'windSpeed': '0.0'
LOOP:   2022-02-12 21:50:43 PST (1644731443) 'altimeter': '30.2174589679', 'appTemp': '48.4549536262', 'barometer': '30.218', 'cloudbase': '1622.11179175', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.4', 'dateTime': '1644731443', 'dayET': '0.078', 'dayRain': '0.0', 'dewpoint': '44.2071081163', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '8', 'forecastRule': '1', 'heatindex': '48.287', 'humidex': '49.8', 'inDewpoint': '50.480292894', 'inHumidity': '45.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '73.1', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '0.0', 'monthET': '0.55', 'monthRain': '0.01', 'outHumidity': '81.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '49.8', 'pressure': '29.8341548241', 'radiation': '0.0', 'rain': 'None', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.0', 'sunrise': '1644677940', 'sunset': '1644716580', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '0.0', 'windchill': '49.8', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '0.0', 'yearET': '0.96', 'yearRain': '7.57'

2)  Uninstalled Purpleair
pi@weather-pi:/etc/weewx/scripts $ sudo wee_extension --uninstall=purpleair
Request to remove extension 'purpleair'
Finished removing extension 'purpleair'

3)
pi@weather-pi:/etc/weewx/scripts $ sudo ./weewxd
LOOP:   2022-02-12 21:53:53 PST (1644731633) 'altimeter': '30.2174589679', 'appTemp': '48.4549536262', 'barometer': '30.218', 'cloudbase': '1622.11179175', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.4', 'dateTime': '1644731633', 'dayET': '0.078', 'dayRain': '0.0', 'dewpoint': '44.2071081163', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '8', 'forecastRule': '1', 'heatindex': '48.287', 'humidex': '49.8', 'inDewpoint': '50.480292894', 'inHumidity': '45.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '73.1', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '0.0', 'monthET': '0.55', 'monthRain': '0.01', 'outHumidity': '81.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '49.8', 'pressure': '29.8341548241', 'radiation': '0.0', 'rain': 'None', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.0', 'sunrise': '1644677940', 'sunset': '1644716580', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '0.0', 'windchill': '49.8', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '0.0', 'yearET': '0.96', 'yearRain': '7.57'
LOOP:   2022-02-12 21:53:54 PST (1644731634) 'altimeter': '30.2174589679', 'appTemp': '48.4549536262', 'barometer': '30.218', 'cloudbase': '1622.11179175', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.4', 'dateTime': '1644731634', 'dayET': '0.078', 'dayRain': '0.0', 'dewpoint': '44.2071081163', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '8', 'forecastRule': '1', 'heatindex': '48.287', 'humidex': '49.8', 'inDewpoint': '50.480292894', 'inHumidity': '45.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '73.1', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '0.0', 'monthET': '0.55', 'monthRain': '0.01', 'outHumidity': '81.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '49.8', 'pressure': '29.8341548241', 'radiation': '0.0', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.0', 'sunrise': '1644677940', 'sunset': '1644716580', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '0.0', 'windchill': '49.8', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '0.0', 'yearET': '0.96', 'yearRain': '7.57'
LOOP:   2022-02-12 21:53:55 PST (1644731635) 'altimeter': '30.2174589679', 'appTemp': '48.4549536262', 'barometer': '30.218', 'cloudbase': '1622.11179175', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.4', 'dateTime': '1644731635', 'dayET': '0.078', 'dayRain': '0.0', 'dewpoint': '44.2071081163', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '8', 'forecastRule': '1', 'heatindex': '48.287', 'humidex': '49.8', 'inDewpoint': '50.480292894', 'inHumidity': '45.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '73.1', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '0.0', 'monthET': '0.55', 'monthRain': '0.01', 'outHumidity': '81.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '49.8', 'pressure': '29.8341548241', 'radiation': '0.0', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.0', 'sunrise': '1644677940', 'sunset': '1644716580', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '0.0', 'windchill': '49.8', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '0.0', 'yearET': '0.96', 'yearRain': '7.57'

That looks like removing Purpleair did the trick. I no longer see these fields when running after the uninstall.
'soilMoist1': '0.0', 'soilMoist2': '32.0', 'soilMoist3': '0.0', 'soilMoist4': '0.0', 'soilTemp1': '-88.0', 'soilTemp2': '-90.0', 'soilTemp3': '-89.0', 'soilTemp4': '-90.0',

I am still seeing the fields and values in the high/low stats for the day/week/year in the generated  html pages.
Do I need to remove that data from the database? if so, what is the base way to go about that?

Thank you so much for your help,
Roger

matthew wall

Feb 14, 2022, 12:12:31 AM2/14/22
to weewx-user
On Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 3:47:09 PM UTC-5 robcr...@gmail.com wrote:
Matthew,

pi@pi3b:/etc/weewx $ wee_extension --list

Extension Name    Version   Description
Belchertown       1.2       A clean modern skin with real time streaming updates and interactive charts. Modeled after BelchertownWeather.com
cmon              0.20      Collect and display computer health indicators.

So I have Belchertown as does Roger. The culprit?

rob,
could you run weewx directly so that we can see what values are in your LOOP and REC?
also, could you provide a directory listing of your 'user' directory?  do this:  'ls /usr/share/weewx/user'

matthew wall

Feb 14, 2022, 12:22:59 AM2/14/22
to weewx-user
On Sunday, February 13, 2022 at 1:09:29 AM UTC-5 roger...@gmail.com wrote:
[...]

more precisely, you should set those values to NULL.  however, be sure to make a backup first, just in case!

do something like this (NOT TESTED!!!):

# shut down weewx
sudo /etc/init.d/weewx stop
# make a copy of the database
sudo cp -p /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb-220214
# remove the data
sudo sqlite3 /var/lib/weewx/weewx.sdb
> update archive set soilMoist1=NULL where soilMoist1 is not NULL;
> update archive set soilMoist2=NULL where soilMoist2 is not NULL;
# rebuild the daily tables
sudo wee_database --rebuild-daily
# start weewx
sudo /etc/init.d/weewx start

try setting one variable to null, then do a query to make sure it worked:

> select dateTime,soilMoist1 from archive;

Rob Cranfill

Feb 14, 2022, 1:14:09 PM2/14/22
to weewx-user
Here is my user dir:

pi@pi3b:~ $ ls -l /usr/share/weewx/user/
total 232K
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 140K Jul  1  2021 belchertown.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  31K May  9  2020 cmon.orig
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  32K May  9  2020 cmon.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  541 Jul 14  2019 extensions.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  306 Feb 10 19:15 __init__.py
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4.0K Oct 26  2020 installer
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8.8K Jun  9  2021 lowBattery.py
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Feb 11 17:17 __pycache__

Attached is a short output from running directly.

Thanks!
weerun.txt

vince

Feb 14, 2022, 2:27:03 PM2/14/22
to weewx-user
You have to have something mapped to a lot of leaf and soil sensors.   We'd need to see all your skin.conf files and your weewx.conf file to know for sure where they're coming from. If you can't find it, I'd suggest you use StdQC to just filter out the extraneous things (link to User's Guide).

All your bogus temperatures seem to read crazy low numbers.   Set the min/max to a range you'll never see and weewx should ignore them even if you can't find a way to turn them off.  Perhaps something like the following (untested):

[StdQC]
   [[MinMax]]
    leafTemp1 = 200, 201, deg_F
    leafTemp2 = 200, 201, deg_F
    soilTemp1 = 200, 201, deg_F
    soilTemp2 = 200, 201, deg_F
    soilTemp2 = 200, 201, deg_F
    soilTemp2 = 200, 201, deg_F

vince

Feb 14, 2022, 2:28:07 PM2/14/22
to weewx-user
(oops - degree_F there....)

Rob Cranfill

Feb 14, 2022, 6:15:33 PM2/14/22
to weewx-user
First, I guess I'm just confused as to why I'm getting all this good stuff when my previous (<4.6) installation was happy for so long.....

I just did a quick 'grep' looking around, and I do see that the standard Seasons skin *defines* a bunch of these unwanted values. Is that enough to cause them to be reported?

Tom Keffer

Feb 14, 2022, 6:28:09 PM2/14/22
to weewx-user
Rob,

Before this version, weewx only reported on explicit tags. For example, if you didn't put $current.soilTemp1 in the template, you were not going to see it in the report.

Now it basically reports on everything that's in the database.

To stop it, look in the skin.conf file for the Seasons skin. Near the top, you will see a stanza labelled [DisplayOptions]. In this stanza are lists of the various types. Just remove any type for which you do not want to be included in the report.

As for where these values are coming from, I have no idea. Either they are being emitted by your Vantage Vue, or they are being introduced by one of your extensions. It's also possible you are picking up sensors from a neighbor.

In fact, now that I think about it, it would be worth seeing which sensors your Vantage is aware of. Try running

wee_device --info

-tk

Rob Cranfill

Feb 14, 2022, 8:37:03 PM2/14/22
to weewx-user
Well that 'splains it! :-) I'll set about removing those (and cleaning up the DB, right? As detailed elsewhere in this thread?)

As requested,

pi@pi3b:/etc/weewx $ wee_device --info
Using configuration file /etc/weewx/weewx.conf
Using Vantage driver version 3.2.3 (weewx.drivers.vantage)
Unable to wake up console... sleeping
Unable to wake up console... retrying
Querying...
Davis Vantage EEPROM settings:

    CONSOLE TYPE:                   Vantage Vue

    CONSOLE FIRMWARE:
      Date:                         Feb  3 2015
      Version:                      4.18

    CONSOLE SETTINGS:
      Archive interval:             60 (seconds)
      Altitude:                     150 (foot)
      Wind cup type:                large
      Rain bucket type:             0.01 inches
      Rain year start:              1
      Onboard time:                 2022-02-14 17:34:27

    CONSOLE DISPLAY UNITS:
      Barometer:                    mbar
      Temperature:                  degree_F
      Rain:                         inch
      Wind:                         mile_per_hour

    CONSOLE STATION INFO:
      Latitude (onboard):           +47.6
      Longitude (onboard):          -122.3
      Use manual or auto DST?       AUTO
      DST setting:                  N/A
      Use GMT offset or zone code?  ZONE_CODE
      Time zone code:               4
      GMT offset:                   N/A
      Temperature logging:          LAST
      Retransmit channel:           OFF (0)

    TRANSMITTERS:
      Channel   Receive   Repeater  Type
         1      active      none    iss
         2      active      none    (N/A)
         3      active      none    (N/A)
         4      active      none    (N/A)
         5      active      none    (N/A)
         6      active      none    (N/A)
         7      active      none    (N/A)
         8      active      none    (N/A)

    RECEPTION STATS:
      Total packets received:       24546
      Total packets missed:         143
      Number of resynchronizations: 0
      Longest good stretch:         677
      Number of CRC errors:         16

    BAROMETER CALIBRATION DATA:
      Current barometer reading:    29.980 inHg
      Altitude:                     150 feet
      Dew point:                    42 F
      Virtual temperature:          48 F
      Humidity correction factor:   1.8
      Correction ratio:             1.006
      Correction constant:          +0.000 inHg
      Gain:                         0.000
      Offset:                       -33.000

    OFFSETS:
      Wind direction:               +0 deg
      Inside Temperature:           +0.0 F
      Inside Humidity:              +0 %
      Outside Temperature:          +0.0 F
      Outside Humidity:             +0 %

vince

Feb 14, 2022, 8:56:39 PM2/14/22
to weewx-user
So where are the extra leaf1+2 and soil1+2+3+4 (apologies for my earlier typos) sensors coming from ?

Are there references to any of them in your skin.conf or weewx.conf files ?

Tom Keffer

Feb 15, 2022, 2:35:22 PM2/15/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
For some reason, every channel in your console is active. You can try shutting them all off except the ISS. Either do it through the console ( see your owners manual), or wee_device can do this.

Generally the ISS is on channel 1.

--
-tk

salinois

Feb 16, 2022, 9:00:22 AM2/16/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com

hello,

I just upgraded to 4.6.2-1.deb, so far so good.

to be continued.

Patrick

Rob Cranfill

Feb 16, 2022, 2:50:14 PM2/16/22
to weewx-user
Aha, I see that now in the 'info' output.

After repeated applications of the proper wee_device command,

  wee_device --set-transmitter-type=N,10

I now have:
    TRANSMITTERS:
      Channel   Receive   Repeater  Type
         1      active      none    iss
         2      inactive    none    (N/A)
         3      inactive    none    (N/A)
         4      inactive    none    (N/A)
         5      inactive    none    (N/A)
         6      inactive    none    (N/A)
         7      inactive    none    (N/A)
         8      inactive    none    (N/A)

Thanks!

Tom Keffer

Feb 16, 2022, 7:07:40 PM2/16/22
to weewx-user
Rob, I'll be curious to hear whether you continue to get bogus database entries after doing this.

Rob Cranfill

Feb 17, 2022, 2:39:49 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
I do still see various "soil" and "leaf" values in the REC & LOOP data, but I'm happy now that I've simply removed the unwanted graphs from the "plot_groups" entry in Seasons'  skin.conf file. (as seen at http://robcranfill.net/weather/ :-) )

REC:    2022-02-17 11:32:00 PST (1645126320) 'altimeter': '30.465171734312715', 'appTemp': '43.52206836601618', 'barometer': '30.467', 'cloudbase': '1476.5271458098498', 'consBatteryVoltage': 'None', 'dateTime': '1645126320', 'dewpoint': '40.863280558436664', 'ET': '0.0', 'forecastRule': '9', 'heatindex': '44.830000000000005', 'highOutTemp': '46.7', 'humidex': '46.7', 'inDewpoint': '42.72068451224605', 'inHumidity': '59.0', 'inTemp': '56.9', 'interval': '1', 'leafTemp1': '-89.0', 'leafTemp2': '-90.0', 'leafWet1': '1.0', 'leafWet2': '8.0', 'lowOutTemp': '46.7', 'maxSolarRad': 'None', 'outHumidity': '80.0', 'outTemp': '46.7', 'pressure': '30.29821430422651', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'rxCheckPercent': '98.22916666666667', 'soilMoist1': '4.0', 'soilMoist2': '8.0', 'soilMoist3': '4.0', 'soilMoist4': '32.0', 'soilTemp1': '-89.0', 'soilTemp2': '-90.0', 'soilTemp3': '-89.0', 'soilTemp4': '-90.0', 'txBatteryStatus': 'None', 'usUnits': '1', 'wind_samples': '23.0', 'windchill': '46.7', 'windDir': '157.5', 'windGust': '4.0', 'windGustDir': '135.0', 'windrun': '0.03333333333333333', 'windSpeed': '2.0'
LOOP:   2022-02-17 11:32:30 PST (1645126350) 'altimeter': '30.465171734312715', 'appTemp': '43.52206836601618', 'barometer': '30.467', 'cloudbase': '1476.5271458098498', 'consBatteryVoltage': '0.8', 'dateTime': '1645126350', 'dayET': '0.0', 'dayRain': '0.0', 'dewpoint': '40.863280558436664', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '6', 'forecastRule': '9', 'heatindex': '44.830000000000005', 'humidex': '46.7', 'inDewpoint': '42.72068451224605', 'inHumidity': '59.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '56.9', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': 'None', 'monthET': '0.0', 'monthRain': '0.34', 'outHumidity': '80.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '46.7', 'pressure': '30.29821430422651', 'rain': 'None', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.0', 'sunrise': '1645110660', 'sunset': '1645148160', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'windchill': '46.7', 'windDir': '146.0', 'windGust': '2.0', 'windGustDir': '146.0', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '2.0', 'windSpeed10': '1.0', 'yearET': '0.0', 'yearRain': '8.44'
LOOP:   2022-02-17 11:32:30 PST (1645126350) 'altimeter': '30.465171734312715', 'appTemp': '43.52206836601618', 'barometer': '30.467', 'cloudbase': '1476.5271458098498', 'consBatteryVoltage': '0.8', 'dateTime': '1645126350', 'dayET': '0.0', 'dayRain': '0.0', 'dewpoint': '40.863280558436664', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '6', 'forecastRule': '9', 'heatindex': '44.830000000000005', 'humidex': '46.7', 'inDewpoint': '42.72068451224605', 'inHumidity': '59.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '56.9', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': 'None', 'monthET': '0.0', 'monthRain': '0.34', 'outHumidity': '80.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '46.7', 'pressure': '30.29821430422651', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.0', 'sunrise': '1645110660', 'sunset': '1645148160', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'windchill': '46.7', 'windDir': '146.0', 'windGust': '2.0', 'windGustDir': '146.0', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '2.0', 'windSpeed10': '1.0', 'yearET': '0.0', 'yearRain': '8.44'

Tom Keffer

Feb 17, 2022, 8:52:21 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
That's great, but now you have my curiosity piqued! All of the channels have been shut off, yet the driver is still emitting values? How can this possibly be?

Would you mind running weewxd directly from the command line with the attached instrumented version of vantage.py? It will print out exactly what is in the raw LOOP packets.

Oh, and if you could run

wee_device --info

just one more time to make sure all the channels are truly off.

Thanks, Rob!

-tk

vantage.py

Rob Cranfill

Feb 17, 2022, 9:33:15 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
Your wish is my command! :-)
run217.txt
weedevinfo217.txt

Tom Keffer

Feb 17, 2022, 9:44:34 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
Hmm, the RAW and LOOP packets are as to be expected, yet the archive records contain the unwanted data. Something is injecting the bogus data into the data stream. Another request: run

wee_debug --info --output=/var/tmp/sanitized.txt

Look through /var/tmp/sanitized.txt to make sure that it doesn't include any unwanted passwords (they should have been obfuscated), then post it.

Thanks again.

-tk

Rob Cranfill

Feb 17, 2022, 10:28:55 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
No, thank *you*! :-)
sanitized.txt

Tom Keffer

Feb 17, 2022, 10:40:05 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
Everything looks normal there. I'll have to give this a think.

gjr80

Feb 17, 2022, 11:34:24 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
Rob,

Not that I think it has anything to do with the issue at hand but I suspect you have the incorrect sign on your station longitude, unless of course your station is actually in Zalantun, Mongolia. :)

Gary

gjr80

Feb 17, 2022, 11:46:12 PM2/17/22
to weewx-user
That's the setting in weewx.conf, not the console. The console setting appears correct.

Gary

Rob Cranfill

Feb 18, 2022, 12:15:12 AM2/18/22
to weewx-user
Thanks, I thought I'd fixed that!

Tom Keffer

Feb 19, 2022, 8:16:14 AM2/19/22
to weewx-user
Rob, it occurs to me that the origins of the REC archive record wasn't clear in the weewxd output that you posted. Could you run the instrumented version of vantage.py again, but this time capture the output through the generation of an archive record? I believe your archive interval is 60 seconds, so a couple minutes of output is more than enough.

GBJ

Feb 19, 2022, 9:45:37 AM2/19/22
to weewx-user
Hi, guys. First, sorry about any mistakes. My english isn't the best...

I have 2 Raspberrys and I did a fresh 4.6.2 installation on both, via apt-get install weewx.

RPi #1 has a Vantage Pro 2. Everything worked well out of the box.
RPi #2 has a Vantage Vue. Evetything seems to work, except in this case I started to see Leaf and Soil graphs, but my Vantage doesn't have these sensors.

So I stopped weewx, did a database backup and:

update archive set leafTemp1=NULL where leafTemp1 is not NULL;

update archive set leafTemp2=NULL where leafTemp2 is not NULL;

update archive set leafWet1=NULL where leafWet1 is not NULL;

update archive set leafWet2=NULL where leafWet2 is not NULL;

update archive set soilMoist1=NULL where soilMoist1 is not NULL;

update archive set soilMoist2=NULL where soilMoist2 is not NULL;

update archive set soilMoist3=NULL where soilMoist3 is not NULL;

update archive set soilMoist4=NULL where soilMoist4 is not NULL;

update archive set soilTemp1=NULL where soilTemp1 is not NULL;

update archive set soilTemp2=NULL where soilTemp2 is not NULL;

update archive set soilTemp3=NULL where soilTemp3 is not NULL;

update archive set soilTemp4=NULL where soilTemp4 is not NULL;

After that, I ran wee_database --rebuild-daily, and also disabled all other channels by running wee_device --set-transmitter-type=X,10 command.

Finally, just in case, I executed a wee_device --clear

Restarted weewx service and... the bogus data showed again in database.

Is the console generating the bad data? Or is it some kind of bug in the logger?

I'll be happy to help.

Tom Keffer

Feb 19, 2022, 10:50:20 AM2/19/22
to weewx-user
GBJ: your English is excellent. No problem at all. You may have the same problem as Rob.

Both Rob and GBJ: could you please replace your copy of vantage.py with the attached? Then run weewxd directly from the command line for at least one archive interval. Post the results.

Rob: This version is slightly different from the instrumented version I included earlier in that it will print out both the raw LOOP packets and the raw archive records.

-tk

vantage.py

Rob Cranfill

Feb 19, 2022, 1:30:25 PM2/19/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Tom, thanks for your continuing investigations! I’m afraid I am out of town for the next few days so I won’t be able to get back to you till early/mid next week with any new info.--
</rob>

Gentil de Bortoli Jr

Feb 19, 2022, 1:52:37 PM2/19/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Tom!

Here is the output using your vantage.py. This first is from my Vantage Vue.

Keep scrolling because at the and there is the output from the Vantage Pro, from the other Raspberry, using the same modified vantage.py.

Also, looking at Vantage Pro weewx's database, as expected, there is no information registered for these sensors (Leaf and Soil).

RAW PACKET:    2022-02-19 15:30:14 -03 (1645295414) 'barometer': '29744', 'bucket_type': '1', 'consBatteryVoltage': '801', 'dayET': '0', 'dayRain': '1', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraHumid3': '255', 'extraHumid4': '255', 'extraHumid5': '255', 'extraHumid6': '255', 'extraHumid7': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'extraTemp4': '255', 'extraTemp5': '255', 'extraTemp6': '255', 'extraTemp7': '255', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'inHumidity': '59', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '747', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafTemp3': '255', 'leafTemp4': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'leafWet3': '255', 'leafWet4': '0', 'loop': 'LOO', 'monthET': '0', 'monthRain': '920', 'next_record': '51', 'outHumidity': '55', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '834', 'packet_type': '0', 'radiation': '32767', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'rev_type': '-60', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'stormRain': '24', 'stormStart': '10390', 'sunrise': '609', 'sunset': '1857', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'UV': '255', 'windDir': '94', 'windSpeed': '0', 'windSpeed10': '2', 'yearET': '0', 'yearRain': '1983'

LOOP:   2022-02-19 15:30:14 -03 (1645295414) 'altimeter': '29.8903338519', 'appTemp': '88.9124237731', 'barometer': '29.744', 'cloudbase': '6788.899723', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.69', 'dateTime': '1645295414', 'dayET': '0.0', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '65.5100412188', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'heatindex': '85.4007233592', 'humidex': '95.0436629998', 'inDewpoint': '59.4026997841', 'inHumidity': '59.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '74.7', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '758.79256832', 'monthET': '0.0', 'monthRain': '7.244094444', 'outHumidity': '55.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '83.4', 'pressure': '27.0609251606', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.1889763768', 'stormStart': '1645066800', 'sunrise': '1645261740', 'sunset': '1645307820', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'windchill': '83.4', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '2.0', 'yearET': '0.0', 'yearRain': '15.6141731331'

RAW PACKET:    2022-02-19 15:30:16 -03 (1645295416) 'barometer': '29744', 'bucket_type': '1', 'consBatteryVoltage': '801', 'dayET': '0', 'dayRain': '1', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraHumid3': '255', 'extraHumid4': '255', 'extraHumid5': '255', 'extraHumid6': '255', 'extraHumid7': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'extraTemp4': '255', 'extraTemp5': '255', 'extraTemp6': '255', 'extraTemp7': '255', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'inHumidity': '59', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '747', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafTemp3': '255', 'leafTemp4': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'leafWet3': '255', 'leafWet4': '0', 'loop': 'LOO', 'monthET': '0', 'monthRain': '920', 'next_record': '51', 'outHumidity': '55', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '834', 'packet_type': '0', 'radiation': '32767', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'rev_type': '-60', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'stormRain': '24', 'stormStart': '10390', 'sunrise': '609', 'sunset': '1857', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'UV': '255', 'windDir': '94', 'windSpeed': '0', 'windSpeed10': '2', 'yearET': '0', 'yearRain': '1983'

LOOP:   2022-02-19 15:30:16 -03 (1645295416) 'altimeter': '29.8903338519', 'appTemp': '88.9124237731', 'barometer': '29.744', 'cloudbase': '6788.899723', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.69', 'dateTime': '1645295416', 'dayET': '0.0', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '65.5100412188', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'heatindex': '85.4007233592', 'humidex': '95.0436629998', 'inDewpoint': '59.4026997841', 'inHumidity': '59.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '74.7', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '758.669506694', 'monthET': '0.0', 'monthRain': '7.244094444', 'outHumidity': '55.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '83.4', 'pressure': '27.0609251606', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.1889763768', 'stormStart': '1645066800', 'sunrise': '1645261740', 'sunset': '1645307820', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'windchill': '83.4', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '2.0', 'yearET': '0.0', 'yearRain': '15.6141731331'

RAW ARCHIVE:    2022-02-19 15:30:00 -03 (1645295400) 'barometer': '29745', 'bucket_type': '1', 'date_stamp': '11347', 'download_record_type': '0', 'ET': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'forecastRule': '173', 'highOutTemp': '834', 'highRadiation': '32767', 'highUV': '255', 'inHumidity': '60', 'inTemp': '747', 'leafTemp1': '0', 'leafTemp2': '8', 'leafWet1': '0', 'leafWet2': '8', 'lowOutTemp': '829', 'outHumidity': '55', 'outTemp': '834', 'radiation': '32767', 'rain': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'soilMoist1': '0', 'soilMoist2': '8', 'soilMoist3': '0', 'soilMoist4': '40', 'soilTemp1': '0', 'soilTemp2': '0', 'soilTemp3': '0', 'soilTemp4': '0', 'time_stamp': '1530', 'UV': '255', 'wind_samples': '117', 'windDir': '3', 'windGust': '4', 'windGustDir': '2', 'windSpeed': '1'

REC:    2022-02-19 15:30:00 -03 (1645295400) 'altimeter': '29.8913199759', 'appTemp': '88.3491547731', 'barometer': '29.745', 'cloudbase': '6788.899723', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.69', 'dateTime': '1645295400', 'dayET': '0.0', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '65.5100412188', 'ET': '0.0', 'extraAlarm1': '0.0', 'extraAlarm2': '0.0', 'extraAlarm3': '0.0', 'extraAlarm4': '0.0', 'extraAlarm5': '0.0', 'extraAlarm6': '0.0', 'extraAlarm7': '0.0', 'extraAlarm8': '0.0', 'forecastIcon': '7.0', 'forecastRule': '173', 'heatindex': '85.4007233592', 'highOutTemp': '83.4', 'humidex': '95.0436629998', 'inDewpoint': '59.8746251579', 'inHumidity': '60.0', 'insideAlarm': '0.0', 'inTemp': '74.7', 'interval': '5', 'leafTemp1': '-90.0', 'leafTemp2': '-82.0', 'leafWet1': '0.0', 'leafWet2': '8.0', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'lowOutTemp': '82.9', 'maxSolarRad': '759.653821574', 'monthET': '0.0', 'monthRain': '7.244094444', 'outHumidity': '55.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0.0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0.0', 'outTemp': '83.4', 'pressure': '27.061834955', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0.0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'rxCheckPercent': '99.9375', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0.0', 'soilMoist1': '0.0', 'soilMoist2': '8.0', 'soilMoist3': '0.0', 'soilMoist4': '40.0', 'soilTemp1': '-90.0', 'soilTemp2': '-90.0', 'soilTemp3': '-90.0', 'soilTemp4': '-90.0', 'stormRain': '0.1889763768', 'stormStart': '1645066800.0', 'sunrise': '1645261740.0', 'sunset': '1645307820.0', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'wind_samples': '117.0', 'windchill': '83.4', 'windDir': '67.5', 'windGust': '4.0', 'windGustDir': '45.0', 'windrun': '0.0833333333333', 'windSpeed': '1.0', 'windSpeed10': '2.0', 'yearET': '0.0', 'yearRain': '15.6141731331'

RAW PACKET:    2022-02-19 15:30:17 -03 (1645295417) 'barometer': '29744', 'bucket_type': '1', 'consBatteryVoltage': '801', 'dayET': '0', 'dayRain': '1', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraHumid3': '255', 'extraHumid4': '255', 'extraHumid5': '255', 'extraHumid6': '255', 'extraHumid7': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'extraTemp4': '255', 'extraTemp5': '255', 'extraTemp6': '255', 'extraTemp7': '255', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'inHumidity': '59', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '747', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafTemp3': '255', 'leafTemp4': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'leafWet3': '255', 'leafWet4': '0', 'loop': 'LOO', 'monthET': '0', 'monthRain': '920', 'next_record': '51', 'outHumidity': '55', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '834', 'packet_type': '0', 'radiation': '32767', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'rev_type': '-60', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'stormRain': '24', 'stormStart': '10390', 'sunrise': '609', 'sunset': '1857', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'UV': '255', 'windDir': '94', 'windSpeed': '0', 'windSpeed10': '2', 'yearET': '0', 'yearRain': '1983'

LOOP:   2022-02-19 15:30:17 -03 (1645295417) 'altimeter': '29.8903338519', 'appTemp': '88.9124237731', 'barometer': '29.744', 'cloudbase': '6788.899723', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.69', 'dateTime': '1645295417', 'dayET': '0.0', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '65.5100412188', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'heatindex': '85.4007233592', 'humidex': '95.0436629998', 'inDewpoint': '59.4026997841', 'inHumidity': '59.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '74.7', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '758.607941985', 'monthET': '0.0', 'monthRain': '7.244094444', 'outHumidity': '55.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '83.4', 'pressure': '27.0609251606', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.1889763768', 'stormStart': '1645066800', 'sunrise': '1645261740', 'sunset': '1645307820', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'windchill': '83.4', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '2.0', 'yearET': '0.0', 'yearRain': '15.6141731331'

RAW PACKET:    2022-02-19 15:30:18 -03 (1645295418) 'barometer': '29744', 'bucket_type': '1', 'consBatteryVoltage': '801', 'dayET': '0', 'dayRain': '1', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraHumid3': '255', 'extraHumid4': '255', 'extraHumid5': '255', 'extraHumid6': '255', 'extraHumid7': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'extraTemp4': '255', 'extraTemp5': '255', 'extraTemp6': '255', 'extraTemp7': '255', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'inHumidity': '59', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '747', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafTemp3': '255', 'leafTemp4': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'leafWet3': '255', 'leafWet4': '0', 'loop': 'LOO', 'monthET': '0', 'monthRain': '920', 'next_record': '51', 'outHumidity': '55', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '834', 'packet_type': '0', 'radiation': '32767', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'rev_type': '-60', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'stormRain': '24', 'stormStart': '10390', 'sunrise': '609', 'sunset': '1857', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'UV': '255', 'windDir': '94', 'windSpeed': '0', 'windSpeed10': '2', 'yearET': '0', 'yearRain': '1983'

LOOP:   2022-02-19 15:30:18 -03 (1645295418) 'altimeter': '29.8903338519', 'appTemp': '88.9124237731', 'barometer': '29.744', 'cloudbase': '6788.899723', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.69', 'dateTime': '1645295418', 'dayET': '0.0', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '65.5100412188', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '7', 'forecastRule': '173', 'heatindex': '85.4007233592', 'humidex': '95.0436629998', 'inDewpoint': '59.4026997841', 'inHumidity': '59.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '74.7', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '758.546373367', 'monthET': '0.0', 'monthRain': '7.244094444', 'outHumidity': '55.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '83.4', 'pressure': '27.0609251606', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.1889763768', 'stormStart': '1645066800', 'sunrise': '1645261740', 'sunset': '1645307820', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'windchill': '83.4', 'windDir': 'None', 'windGust': '0.0', 'windGustDir': 'None', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '0.0', 'windSpeed10': '2.0', 'yearET': '0.0', 'yearRain': '15.6141731331'

Now the output from Vantage Pro:

RAW PACKET:    2022-02-19 15:45:14 -03 (1645296314) 'barometer': '29785', 'bucket_type': '1', 'consBatteryVoltage': '788', 'dayET': '152', 'dayRain': '1', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraHumid3': '255', 'extraHumid4': '255', 'extraHumid5': '255', 'extraHumid6': '255', 'extraHumid7': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'extraTemp4': '255', 'extraTemp5': '255', 'extraTemp6': '255', 'extraTemp7': '255', 'forecastIcon': '3', 'forecastRule': '189', 'inHumidity': '54', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '854', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafTemp3': '255', 'leafTemp4': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'leafWet3': '255', 'leafWet4': '0', 'loop': 'LOO', 'monthET': '281', 'monthRain': '1086', 'next_record': '1468', 'outHumidity': '62', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '812', 'packet_type': '0', 'radiation': '656', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'rev_type': '-60', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'stormRain': '22', 'stormStart': '10390', 'sunrise': '608', 'sunset': '1856', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'UV': '32', 'windDir': '15', 'windSpeed': '2', 'windSpeed10': '3', 'yearET': '708', 'yearRain': '2030'

LOOP:   2022-02-19 15:45:14 -03 (1645296314) 'altimeter': '29.950829237', 'appTemp': '86.22031314', 'barometer': '29.785', 'cloudbase': '6304.07641922', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.61', 'dateTime': '1645296314', 'dayET': '0.152', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '66.9172637554', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '3', 'forecastRule': '189', 'heatindex': '83.6337504736', 'humidex': '93.9447116274', 'inDewpoint': '66.8309916534', 'inHumidity': '54.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '85.4', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '703.786901859', 'monthET': '2.81', 'monthRain': '8.5511810502', 'outHumidity': '62.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '81.2', 'pressure': '26.7839302681', 'radiation': '656.0', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.1732283454', 'stormStart': '1645066800', 'sunrise': '1645261680', 'sunset': '1645307760', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '3.2', 'windchill': '81.2', 'windDir': '15.0', 'windGust': '2.0', 'windGustDir': '15.0', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '2.0', 'windSpeed10': '3.0', 'yearET': '7.08', 'yearRain': '15.984251871'

RAW PACKET:    2022-02-19 15:45:16 -03 (1645296316) 'barometer': '29785', 'bucket_type': '1', 'consBatteryVoltage': '788', 'dayET': '152', 'dayRain': '1', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraHumid3': '255', 'extraHumid4': '255', 'extraHumid5': '255', 'extraHumid6': '255', 'extraHumid7': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'extraTemp4': '255', 'extraTemp5': '255', 'extraTemp6': '255', 'extraTemp7': '255', 'forecastIcon': '3', 'forecastRule': '189', 'inHumidity': '54', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '854', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafTemp3': '255', 'leafTemp4': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'leafWet3': '255', 'leafWet4': '0', 'loop': 'LOO', 'monthET': '281', 'monthRain': '1086', 'next_record': '1468', 'outHumidity': '62', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '812', 'packet_type': '0', 'radiation': '656', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'rev_type': '-60', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'stormRain': '22', 'stormStart': '10390', 'sunrise': '608', 'sunset': '1856', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'UV': '32', 'windDir': '15', 'windSpeed': '2', 'windSpeed10': '3', 'yearET': '708', 'yearRain': '2030'

LOOP:   2022-02-19 15:45:16 -03 (1645296316) 'altimeter': '29.950829237', 'appTemp': '86.22031314', 'barometer': '29.785', 'cloudbase': '6304.07641922', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.61', 'dateTime': '1645296316', 'dayET': '0.152', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '66.9172637554', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '3', 'forecastRule': '189', 'heatindex': '83.6337504736', 'humidex': '93.9447116274', 'inDewpoint': '66.8309916534', 'inHumidity': '54.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '85.4', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '703.656215557', 'monthET': '2.81', 'monthRain': '8.5511810502', 'outHumidity': '62.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '81.2', 'pressure': '26.7839302681', 'radiation': '656.0', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.1732283454', 'stormStart': '1645066800', 'sunrise': '1645261680', 'sunset': '1645307760', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '3.2', 'windchill': '81.2', 'windDir': '15.0', 'windGust': '2.0', 'windGustDir': '15.0', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '2.0', 'windSpeed10': '3.0', 'yearET': '7.08', 'yearRain': '15.984251871'

RAW ARCHIVE:    2022-02-19 15:45:00 -03 (1645296300) 'barometer': '29785', 'bucket_type': '1', 'date_stamp': '11347', 'download_record_type': '0', 'ET': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'forecastRule': '189', 'highOutTemp': '814', 'highRadiation': '696', 'highUV': '34', 'inHumidity': '54', 'inTemp': '855', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'lowOutTemp': '812', 'outHumidity': '62', 'outTemp': '813', 'radiation': '679', 'rain': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'time_stamp': '1545', 'UV': '33', 'wind_samples': '116', 'windDir': '15', 'windGust': '9', 'windGustDir': '14', 'windSpeed': '3'

REC:    2022-02-19 15:45:00 -03 (1645296300) 'altimeter': '29.9509286812', 'appTemp': '85.8004392578', 'barometer': '29.785', 'cloudbase': '6305.41704904', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.61', 'dateTime': '1645296300', 'dayET': '0.152', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '67.0113649842', 'ET': '0.0', 'extraAlarm1': '0.0', 'extraAlarm2': '0.0', 'extraAlarm3': '0.0', 'extraAlarm4': '0.0', 'extraAlarm5': '0.0', 'extraAlarm6': '0.0', 'extraAlarm7': '0.0', 'extraAlarm8': '0.0', 'forecastIcon': '3.0', 'forecastRule': '189', 'heatindex': '83.7755279251', 'highOutTemp': '81.4', 'highRadiation': '696.0', 'highUV': '3.4', 'humidex': '94.1200903425', 'inDewpoint': '66.9234229558', 'inHumidity': '54.0', 'insideAlarm': '0.0', 'inTemp': '85.5', 'interval': '5', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'lowOutTemp': '81.2', 'maxSolarRad': '704.701208724', 'monthET': '2.81', 'monthRain': '8.5511810502', 'outHumidity': '62.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0.0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0.0', 'outTemp': '81.3', 'pressure': '26.784021105', 'radiation': '679.0', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0.0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'rxCheckPercent': '99.0833333333', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0.0', 'stormRain': '0.1732283454', 'stormStart': '1645066800.0', 'sunrise': '1645261680.0', 'sunset': '1645307760.0', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '3.3', 'wind_samples': '116.0', 'windchill': '81.3', 'windDir': '337.5', 'windGust': '9.0', 'windGustDir': '315.0', 'windrun': '0.25', 'windSpeed': '3.0', 'windSpeed10': '3.0', 'yearET': '7.08', 'yearRain': '15.984251871'

RAW ARCHIVE:    2022-02-10 18:25:00 -03 (1644528300) 'barometer': '29827', 'bucket_type': '1', 'date_stamp': '11338', 'download_record_type': '0', 'ET': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'forecastRule': '45', 'highOutTemp': '749', 'highRadiation': '25', 'highUV': '0', 'inHumidity': '50', 'inTemp': '874', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'lowOutTemp': '745', 'outHumidity': '68', 'outTemp': '745', 'radiation': '23', 'rain': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'time_stamp': '1825', 'UV': '0', 'wind_samples': '117', 'windDir': '6', 'windGust': '4', 'windGustDir': '6', 'windSpeed': '2'

RAW PACKET:    2022-02-19 15:45:17 -03 (1645296317) 'barometer': '29785', 'bucket_type': '1', 'consBatteryVoltage': '788', 'dayET': '152', 'dayRain': '1', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraHumid3': '255', 'extraHumid4': '255', 'extraHumid5': '255', 'extraHumid6': '255', 'extraHumid7': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'extraTemp4': '255', 'extraTemp5': '255', 'extraTemp6': '255', 'extraTemp7': '255', 'forecastIcon': '3', 'forecastRule': '189', 'inHumidity': '54', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '854', 'leafTemp1': '255', 'leafTemp2': '255', 'leafTemp3': '255', 'leafTemp4': '255', 'leafWet1': '255', 'leafWet2': '255', 'leafWet3': '255', 'leafWet4': '0', 'loop': 'LOO', 'monthET': '281', 'monthRain': '1086', 'next_record': '1468', 'outHumidity': '62', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '812', 'packet_type': '0', 'radiation': '656', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'rev_type': '-60', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'soilMoist1': '255', 'soilMoist2': '255', 'soilMoist3': '255', 'soilMoist4': '255', 'soilTemp1': '255', 'soilTemp2': '255', 'soilTemp3': '255', 'soilTemp4': '255', 'stormRain': '22', 'stormStart': '10390', 'sunrise': '608', 'sunset': '1856', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'UV': '32', 'windDir': '12', 'windSpeed': '2', 'windSpeed10': '3', 'yearET': '708', 'yearRain': '2030'

LOOP:   2022-02-19 15:45:17 -03 (1645296317) 'altimeter': '29.950829237', 'appTemp': '86.22031314', 'barometer': '29.785', 'cloudbase': '6304.07641922', 'consBatteryVoltage': '4.61', 'dateTime': '1645296317', 'dayET': '0.152', 'dayRain': '0.0078740157', 'dewpoint': '66.9172637554', 'ET': 'None', 'extraAlarm1': '0', 'extraAlarm2': '0', 'extraAlarm3': '0', 'extraAlarm4': '0', 'extraAlarm5': '0', 'extraAlarm6': '0', 'extraAlarm7': '0', 'extraAlarm8': '0', 'forecastIcon': '3', 'forecastRule': '189', 'heatindex': '83.6337504736', 'humidex': '93.9447116274', 'inDewpoint': '66.8309916534', 'inHumidity': '54.0', 'insideAlarm': '0', 'inTemp': '85.4', 'leafWet4': '0.0', 'maxSolarRad': '703.590896599', 'monthET': '2.81', 'monthRain': '8.5511810502', 'outHumidity': '62.0', 'outsideAlarm1': '0', 'outsideAlarm2': '0', 'outTemp': '81.2', 'pressure': '26.7839302681', 'radiation': '656.0', 'rain': '0.0', 'rainAlarm': '0', 'rainRate': '0.0', 'soilLeafAlarm1': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm2': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm3': '0', 'soilLeafAlarm4': '0', 'stormRain': '0.1732283454', 'stormStart': '1645066800', 'sunrise': '1645261680', 'sunset': '1645307760', 'txBatteryStatus': '0', 'usUnits': '1', 'UV': '3.2', 'windchill': '81.2', 'windDir': '12.0', 'windGust': '2.0', 'windGustDir': '15.0', 'windrun': 'None', 'windSpeed': '2.0', 'windSpeed10': '3.0', 'yearET': '7.08', 'yearRain': '15.984251871'

Please, let me know if you need anything else.

Tom Keffer

Feb 19, 2022, 5:11:26 PM2/19/22
to weewx-user
Thanks, Gentil

Curiouser and curiouser. I don't understand it, but your logger is emitting values for non-existent sensors. I suspect Rob has the same problem. For example, here's a raw archive record from your VantageVue

RAW ARCHIVE:    2022-02-19 15:30:00 -03 (1645295400) 'barometer': '29745', 'bucket_type': '1', 'date_stamp': '11347', 'download_record_type': '0', 'ET': '0', 'extraHumid1': '255', 'extraHumid2': '255', 'extraTemp1': '255', 'extraTemp2': '255', 'extraTemp3': '255', 'forecastRule': '173', 'highOutTemp': '834', 'highRadiation': '32767', 'highUV': '255', 'inHumidity': '60', 'inTemp': '747', 'leafTemp1': '0', 'leafTemp2': '8', 'leafWet1': '0', 'leafWet2': '8', 'lowOutTemp': '829', 'outHumidity': '55', 'outTemp': '834', 'radiation': '32767', 'rain': '0', 'rainRate': '0', 'soilMoist1': '0', 'soilMoist2': '8', 'soilMoist3': '0', 'soilMoist4': '40', 'soilTemp1': '0', 'soilTemp2': '0', 'soilTemp3': '0', 'soilTemp4': '0', 'time_stamp': '1530', 'UV': '255', 'wind_samples': '117', 'windDir': '3', 'windGust': '4', 'windGustDir': '2', 'windSpeed': '1'

Compare this to your VP2:

[...]

If a sensor does not exist, then the highlighted values should all be '255', as they are for your VP2.  However, for the Vue, they have various values, usually zero, but not always.

I'll have to call Davis on Monday and see if they know anything about this.

I have Rob's firmware date and version (3-Feb-2015; 4.18), but just for the record, I would like yours. For both your consoles, could you please run the command

wee_device --info

and post the results.

Gentil de Bortoli Jr

Feb 19, 2022, 6:58:02 PM2/19/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tom! I noticed this difference too, but I also have no idea what could be causing it.

Looking at the backup database (before the update setting values to NULL), I noticed that this has been happening at least since I started using WeeWX (Saturday, August 31, 2019 8:10:00 PM). So maybe it's really something related to the Davis console/logger itself... I don't know.

These are the first lines in my backup database. The values change slightly, but in the vast majority they are like this.

sqlite> select dateTime,leafTemp1,leafTemp2,leafWet1,leafWet2,soilMoist1,soilMoist2,soilMoist3,soilMoist4,soilTemp1,soilTemp2,soilTemp3,soilTemp4 from archive;

1567282200|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|1.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567282800|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|1.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567283400|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|1.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567284000|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|1.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567284600|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|1.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567285200|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|0.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567285800|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|0.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567286400|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|0.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567287000|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|0.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567287600|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|0.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567288200|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|1.0|0.0|0.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

1567288800|-90.0|-82.0|0.0|8.0|0.0|8.0|0.0|32.0|-90.0|-82.0|-90.0|-82.0

Vantage Vue:

      Date:                         Feb  3 2015

      Version:                      4.18

    CONSOLE SETTINGS:

      Archive interval:             300 (seconds)

      Altitude:                     829 (meter)

      Wind cup type:                large

      Rain bucket type:             0.2 mm

      Rain year start:              1

      Onboard time:                 2022-02-19 20:25:46

    CONSOLE DISPLAY UNITS:

      Barometer:                    hPa

      Temperature:                  degree_10C

      Rain:                         mm

      Wind:                         km_per_hour

    CONSOLE STATION INFO:

      Latitude (onboard):           -24.2

      Longitude (onboard):          -49.7

      Use manual or auto DST?       MANUAL

      DST setting:                  OFF

      Use GMT offset or zone code?  ZONE_CODE

      Time zone code:               14

      GMT offset:                   N/A

      Temperature logging:          LAST

      Retransmit channel:           OFF (0)

    TRANSMITTERS:

      Channel   Receive   Repeater  Type

         1      active      none    iss

         2      inactive    none    (N/A)

         3      inactive    none    (N/A)

         4      inactive    none    (N/A)

         5      inactive    none    (N/A)

         6      inactive    none    (N/A)

         7      inactive    none    (N/A)

         8      inactive    none    (N/A)

    RECEPTION STATS:

      Total packets received:       4655

      Total packets missed:         10

      Number of resynchronizations: 0

      Longest good stretch:         1104

      Number of CRC errors:         5

    BAROMETER CALIBRATION DATA:

      Current barometer reading:    29.783 inHg

      Altitude:                     2723 feet

      Dew point:                    64 F

      Virtual temperature:          71 F

      Humidity correction factor:   4.8

      Correction ratio:             1.099

      Correction constant:          +0.000 inHg

      Gain:                         0.000

      Offset:                       0.000

    OFFSETS:

      Wind direction:               +0 deg

      Inside Temperature:           +0.0 F

      Inside Humidity:              +0 %

      Outside Temperature:          +0.0 F

      Outside Humidity:             +0 %

And for VP2:

Using configuration file /etc/weewx/weewx.conf

Using Vantage driver version 3.2.3 (weewx.drivers.vantage)

Querying...

Davis Vantage EEPROM settings:

    CONSOLE TYPE:                   Vantage Pro2

    CONSOLE FIRMWARE:

      Date:                         Jan 22 2018

      Version:                      3.83

    CONSOLE SETTINGS:

      Archive interval:             300 (seconds)

      Altitude:                     932 (meter)

      Wind cup type:                large

      Rain bucket type:             0.2 mm

      Rain year start:              1

      Onboard time:                 2022-02-19 20:26:29

    CONSOLE DISPLAY UNITS:

      Barometer:                    hPa

      Temperature:                  degree_10C

      Rain:                         mm

      Wind:                         km_per_hour

    CONSOLE STATION INFO:

      Latitude (onboard):           -24.2

      Longitude (onboard):          -49.6

      Use manual or auto DST?       MANUAL

      DST setting:                  OFF

      Use GMT offset or zone code?  ZONE_CODE

      Time zone code:               14

      GMT offset:                   N/A

      Temperature logging:          LAST

      Retransmit channel:           OFF (0)

    TRANSMITTERS:

      Channel   Receive   Repeater  Type

         1      active      none    iss

         2      active      none    (N/A)

         3      active      none    (N/A)

         4      active      none    (N/A)

         5      active      none    (N/A)

         6      active      none    (N/A)

         7      active      none    (N/A)

         8      active      none    (N/A)

    RECEPTION STATS:

      Total packets received:       4625

      Total packets missed:         22

      Number of resynchronizations: 0

      Longest good stretch:         1170

      Number of CRC errors:         3

    BAROMETER CALIBRATION DATA:

      Current barometer reading:    29.812 inHg

      Altitude:                     3058 feet

      Dew point:                    64 F

      Virtual temperature:          69 F

      Humidity correction factor:   4.9

      Correction ratio:             1.112

      Correction constant:          +0.000 inHg

      Gain:                         0.000

      Offset:                       -16.000

    OFFSETS:

      Wind direction:               +0 deg

      Inside Temperature:           +0.0 F

      Inside Humidity:              +0 %

      Outside Temperature:          +0.0 F

      Outside Humidity:             +0 %

You're welcome!

Gentil.

Gary Strand

      Date:                         Apr 16 2018
      Version:                      4.33

    CONSOLE SETTINGS:
      Archive interval:             300 (seconds)
      Altitude:                     5480 (foot)

      Wind cup type:                large
      Rain bucket type:             0.01 inches
      Rain year start:              10
      Onboard time:                 2022-02-20 20:56:57

    CONSOLE DISPLAY UNITS:
      Barometer:                    hPa
      Temperature:                  degree_F
      Rain:                         inch
      Wind:                         mile_per_hour

    CONSOLE STATION INFO:
      Latitude (onboard):           +39.9
      Longitude (onboard):          -105.3

      Use manual or auto DST?       AUTO
      DST setting:                  N/A
      Use GMT offset or zone code?  ZONE_CODE
      Time zone code:               5

      GMT offset:                   N/A
      Temperature logging:          LAST
      Retransmit channel:           OFF (0)

    TRANSMITTERS:
      Channel   Receive   Repeater  Type
         1      active      none    iss
         2      inactive    none    (N/A)
         3      inactive    none    (N/A)
         4      inactive    none    (N/A)
         5      inactive    none    (N/A)
         6      inactive    none    (N/A)
         7      inactive    none    (N/A)
         8      inactive    none    (N/A)
    RECEPTION STATS:
      Total packets received:       29290
      Total packets missed:         149
      Number of resynchronizations: 0
      Longest good stretch:         1576
      Number of CRC errors:         52

    BAROMETER CALIBRATION DATA:
      Current barometer reading:    29.653 inHg
      Altitude:                     5480 feet
      Dew point:                    13 F
      Virtual temperature:          51 F
      Humidity correction factor:   0.8
      Correction ratio:             1.233

      Correction constant:          +0.000 inHg
      Gain:                         0.000
      Offset:                       -38.000

    OFFSETS:
      Wind direction:               +0 deg
      Inside Temperature:           +0.0 F
      Inside Humidity:              +0 %
      Outside Temperature:          +0.0 F
      Outside Humidity:             +0 %

Tom Keffer

Feb 21, 2022, 7:26:17 AM2/21/22
to weewx-user
Thanks, Gary.

So, we have 3 Vantage Vues all seeing the same symptoms. Two with firmware version 3-Feb-2015 (4.18), one with version 16-Apr-2018 (4.33).

Dave Webb KB1PVH

Feb 21, 2022, 8:00:19 AM2/21/22
to weewx...@googlegroups.com
Tom,

 I've still got firmware version 3.0 May 1 2012 running on my Vue. I can upgrade my current install from 4.5.1 to the current version or do a fresh install and run it temporarily to see what it shows if that's any help to you.

Dave - KB1PVH

Sent from my Galaxy S21

Tom Keffer

Feb 21, 2022, 8:05:01 AM2/21/22
to weewx-user
Thanks for the offer, Dave, but I don't think that's necessary. We need to hear from Davis.

Tom Keffer

Feb 25, 2022, 5:55:55 PM2/25/22
to weewx-user
I've heard from Davis on the issue of bogus archive record fields. I'm moving the discussion to a dedicated thread to avoid confusion.

-tk