Electronic Snow Card

edusem

Apr 23, 2008, 6:01:42 PM4/23/08
to Volere Requirements
Is there an electronic version of the Snow Card either a stand-alone
application or a plug-in
(i.e., a form with different fields a user can fill out and/or some
sort of database backend)?
I'm curious how something like this is available so that I don't have
to re-invent the wheel.
Any thoughts on this?

Suzanne Robertson

Apr 24, 2008, 12:48:28 PM4/24/08
to vol...@googlegroups.com
There is no official electronic version of the Snow Card although many
Volere users have implemented it using their requirements tools. Some people
have implemented it as an electronic copy of the card, others have
implemented it using an Exel spreadsheet. Maybe some of the users would
agree to publish examples on this group?

Kind Regards
Suzanne

Suzanne Robertson
suz...@systemsguild.net
www.systemsguild.com <http://www.systemsguild.com>
www.volere.co.uk <http://www.volere.co.uk>

New book 'Adrenaline Junkies and Template Zombies - Understanding Patterns
of Project Behavior http://www.dorsethouse.com/books/ajtz.html

James Robertson

Apr 25, 2008, 5:45:20 AM4/25/08
to vol...@googlegroups.com
There is no e-version of the card. Each user seems to want to change
it a little, and each user wants a different format to fit their tool
or Word or Notes or whatever. It will take you about five minutes to
"reinvent the wheel" and put it into your chosen format.

James

____________________________________
James Robertson
the Atlantic Systems Guild
ja...@systemsguild.com
http://www.systemsguild.com
http://www.volere.co.uk

Karl

May 11, 2008, 5:32:11 AM5/11/08
to Volere Requirements
Actually there is one simple and yet not fully completed version of
snowcard managment software. I am just currently developing this kind
of software.
Feel free to try, test and add some comments;)

http://www.karlblum.net/pub/VolereManagerSetup.msi

On Apr 25, 12:45 pm, James Robertson <ja...@systemsguild.com> wrote:
> There is no e-version of the card. Each user seems to want to change
> it a little, and each user wants a different format to fit their tool
> or Word or Notes or whatever. It will take you about five minutes to
> "reinvent the wheel" and put it into your chosen format.
>
>   James

edusem

May 13, 2008, 10:32:00 AM5/13/08
to Volere Requirements
Hi Karl!
I played with your version of the snow card and it seems to be fairly
complete.
I couldn't find any documentation on it so I was unsure on a few
items:
1. Does the database file that needs to be attached has to have a
predefined format (tables, etc) or does it get created on the fly?
2. What mechanism are you using to trace requirements?
3. Do you have a small test file I can use to keep playing with this
product.
4. Current issues/bugs that you know about

Other than that, it looks good and it's intuitive.
Thanks,

Ed.

Karl

May 20, 2008, 6:29:47 AM5/20/08
to Volere Requirements
I recently made some updates to this program and the new version is
available via the same link. With the installer comes a demo database
with a few req. examples. The program uses a predefined database file
that gets copied if new project is created.

Because i have developed it mainly for my bachelors degree, i wouln't
consider it anywhere near complete, but the main functionality should
be ok by now :)
Unfortunatelly I don't have time to deveolp at the moment.