Error msg when attempting install on M1 Mac Mini: Apple can't check it

Anne Gaal

Sep 20, 2021, 4:30:39 PM9/20/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hello! I am attempting to download and install Video DownloadHelper on an M1 Mac Mini, from this page: https://www.downloadhelper.net/install-coapp?browser=chrome. When I attempt to run net.downloadhelper.coapp-1.6.3.pkg I get an error message which says:

“net.downloadhelper.coapp-1.6.3.pkg” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

I would very much like to use Video DownloadHelper on my new machine.

Any suggestions on what I could do differently?

Thank you! 💜

Anne

Anne Gaal

Sep 20, 2021, 4:37:10 PM9/20/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Update!

And found my answer.

Jerome wrote:

"You just need to download the app and open it manually and force the opening (not using the launcher). Please read this: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/mh40616/mac"

So, I went there and read the article. Then I used Finder to navigate to the net.downloadhelper.coapp-1.6.3.pkg file, Ctrl+right clicked on it, and selected Open. This time when I open the installer, it gives the error message and a second choice other than "OK" - a grayed-out Open button. When I clicked on that Open button, the installer runs.

Posting it here in case it helps someone else.
Please consider this resolved.

Thank you! 💜

Anne