Downloaded videos are +12000 frames per second

Delfor Layme

May 12, 2022, 6:42:58 AM (13 days ago) May 12
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hola: VDH downloads videos with +12000 f/s. In some cases, with +15000 f/s
The audio of the videos sounds fine, but the frames go by quickly.
Most are videos hosted on Vimeo.
Is there any solution?

- Chrome Version 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)
-  VDH premium 7.6.0.0
- Windows 11

Gracias.

Wild Willy

May 12, 2022, 10:59:49 PM (12 days ago) May 12
to Video Download Helper Google Group
You might look over here:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/w9993gUmxr4

It's not a solution but you might find it is a workaround for the time being. I see this
intermittently. I can't recall ever seeing anything higher than 75fps. Your observation
is a really fast frane rate. Do you see the problem on every Vimeo download or just
some? I see it maybe once every 10 or 15 times I record a livestream, & only from NBC
Sports/Golf Channel, never on any other site, neither livestream recording nor regular
download. Do you see it on other sites?

A comment on frame rate. It is not an indication of how fast the video appears when you
watch it. I think some nature photography is recorded at ridiculously high frame rates,
something in the thousands. But when you play it, it looks life-like, sometimes even
slow motion. Usually, a high frame rate is used for the specific purpose of slow motion
playback so you can see what's happening, like the wing beats of a hummingbird. So a
high frame rate by itself does not mean what you're looking at will be fast. When I see
the problem of too-fast video, the frame rate is often only 60fps or 30fps, frame rates
that are typical of ordinary content. The problem is not just the bad frame rate. Don't
get too focused on that.

Wild Willy

May 12, 2022, 11:04:16 PM (12 days ago) May 12
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Also, you might post a handful of specific URLs on which you have observed the problem.
I'd like to see whether other people, not just myself, can download the stuff & observe
the same issue. I don't often download from Vimeo but it seems to me the few times I
have, I have not observed this problem.