Process stuck in `Run<EscapeAnalysisPhase>()`

Patric Lemo

Nov 24, 2022, 10:22:27 PM11/24/22
to v8-dev
I am using v8 9.1.269.40.

When optimizing a function, the size is within 30K, in the background.

Capture.PNG

It takes 250 seconds to finish `Run<EscapeAnalysisPhase>()`

微信图片_20221125111937.png
These codes `ReduceFrom` loop more than 1,000,000 times.

Is this a known issue or fixed in newer versions?

Patric Lemo

Nov 24, 2022, 10:34:31 PM11/24/22
to v8-dev

Source code of the function Capture.PNG

Marja Hölttä

Nov 25, 2022, 2:25:43 AM11/25/22
to v8-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

Could you try out with a more recent V8 version, and if the problem persists, file a bug in crbug.com/v8 with a repro case attached as text (preferably after all transformations have been done by the compilation pipeline you're using). That would be helpful for debugging this on our end. Thanks!

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian.

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Patric Lemo

Nov 25, 2022, 2:36:55 AM11/25/22
to v8-dev
I tried 10.9.194.4 and then seems to be fixed.

Since I don't plan to upgrade v8 recently, can I turn on `--no-turbo-escape`?  I've done some simple tests, and in my scenario, there is a small performance improvement. I'm not sure if there are any other issues.