Does V8 now allow C++20?

Ho Cheung

Jun 18, 2024, 10:56:25 AM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to v8-dev
I am planning to make some C++20 related contributions to V8. Is V8 allowed to use C++20 now?

Ronald Fenner

Jun 18, 2024, 4:44:21 PM (11 days ago) Jun 18
to v8-dev
They probably use what chromium uses and I've seen a concept used in the gin framework which is a c++20 feature so they probably do but they can confirm for sure.

Clemens Backes

Jun 19, 2024, 4:44:30 AM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to v8-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, V8 allows the use of C++ language and library features since ~two weeks (https://crrev.com/c/5587859). Note though that GCC and MSVC do not always agree with clang on what's valid C++20. See Hannes' mails on reducing support for those compilers.

Clemens Backes

Software Engineer

clem...@google.com

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Ho Cheung

Jun 19, 2024, 5:20:53 AM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to v8-...@googlegroups.com

OK thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "v8-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/v8-dev/CAGO%3DqhCWsa9B9UXiNrp%3Dbsa_hcJUSow2f0mhfGMtbUSaXsJCTA%40mail.gmail.com.