Building *.dll , *.lib from v8

Robert Moeller

Aug 28, 2022, 12:20:39 PM8/28/22
to v8-dev
Hi everyone! I work under Windows. Can I obtain somewhere a bit of information how to compile v8 into static or (and) dynamic library in order to embed them in my application?

Ben Noordhuis

Aug 29, 2022, 2:52:16 AM8/29/22
to v8-...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 6:20 PM 'Robert Moeller' via v8-dev
<v8-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone! I work under Windows. Can I obtain somewhere a bit of information how to compile v8 into static or (and) dynamic library in order to embed them in my application?

I don't develop on Windows but I believe it works the same. You pass
the following options to tools/dev/gm.py:

1. v8_monolithic=true - build one big library (not strictly necessary
but more convenient than myriads of small libraries)
2. is_component_build=true - build a shared library

More info on building here: https://v8.dev/docs/build-gn

Jakob Kummerow

Aug 29, 2022, 4:59:52 AM8/29/22
to v8-dev
Minor correction: gm.py doesn't take build args; you can use `gn args out/x64.release` to configure them.

(Also, this thread would be more appropriate on v8-users than v8-dev.)