Cannot add calendar

Ray Lodato

May 23, 2016, 5:04:39 PM5/23/16
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
I have a user who is trying to export her calendar dates into Google calendar, but is getting the error message "Cannot add calendar ...", "You do not have access to ...". (See attached photo.) I tried the same thing and didn't have a problem. What kinds of things should I be looking for that would prevent her from adding calendar information to Google?
Cannot add calendar.PNG

Kathy Arabie

May 24, 2016, 10:22:08 AM5/24/16
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com

Ray,

Is it possible that the Calendar was added, but that she just saw the “error” message and didn’t check to see if the calendar was actually added?  Could she be looking for it with other calendars she created in Google Calendar, and didn’t see it under “Other Calendars”?  In my case, I have to use the drop-down arrow to open the list of Other Calendars.

When this feature was first added, I remember having trouble with adding the MSP Calendar as well.  It was a while ago, but I think the issue was something like what I described above.  The MSP Calendar gets added under Other because she cannot update it from within Google Calendar.  Maybe the error message is not correctly worded and it really means it can’t add the calendar under My Calendars and then defaults to Other Calendars.

Also make sure she is not looking for something that says MSP, but “St Patrick Parish: Scheduled Services”.

Just guessing, but worth a try.

Kathy Arabie

Prince of Peace Catholic Community

Houston, TX

MSP Tech Support

May 24, 2016, 10:48:16 AM5/24/16
to Using Ministry Scheduler Pro
Hi Ray,

Can you double-check with the volunteer that they are logged into a Gmail account that includes calendars, and also that they were logged into their Web Terminal at the time they clicked the "Export to Google Calendars" option?

Thanks!
Mikki

Ray Lodato

May 24, 2016, 12:20:49 PM5/24/16
to using-ministry...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mikki!

I was pretty sure, but I asked the user. Her answers were yes and yes. As a point of fact, she has a similar situation to my own, but I'm not having the problem. My MSP profile uses my Yahoo! email account, but my Gmail calendar uses my Gmail email account. I do not get any error message when exporting to Google Calendar. Are there any other specific things I can look at to try to determine what's causing the problem? Thanks!

Ray
rloda...@gmail.com

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
  -- Robert A. Heinlein
When the rich wage war it is the poor who die.
  -- Jean-Paul Sartre

MSP Tech Support