uKENBAK-1 ( Reinforcing the Front Panel )

Ardunaut

Jul 14, 2019, 4:49:14 PM7/14/19
to Altair-Duino
Hello all,
I want to share some changes I made to my uKENBAK-1 Kit  to reinforce the front plane, it may be useful to someone.
(The plastic and the double-face tape thickness match the original nylon washer thickness).

IMG_20190529_155000.jpg
IMG_20190529_155049.jpg
IMG_20190529_155225.jpg
IMG_20190529_160615.jpg
IMG_20190529_161820.jpg
uKENBAK-1_FrontPanel_Frame.dxf

John Kennedy

Jul 14, 2019, 5:12:23 PM7/14/19
to Altair-Duino
Nice! What material did you use?

It’s on my “sometime” list to remake the case in aluminium, although I do like my hand-formed acrylic version too!

Ardunaut

Jul 14, 2019, 5:22:47 PM7/14/19
to Altair-Duino
I used 2.85mm High Impact Polymer Plastic Sheet, but any laserable plastic should work.

Ardunaut

Jul 14, 2019, 5:33:27 PM7/14/19
to uken...@googlegroups.com
Another option is to make the front planel from scratch using this material of 1/16" thickness.

As I did for my KENBAK-1 NANO :

KENBAK-nano_Front_Panel (3).jpg