ubunchu 09,10 and 11

david

Dec 3, 2014, 10:54:32 PM12/3/14
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
I can't find the english version of chapter 9 to 11, i can find the japanese version (http://www.aerialline.com/comics/ubunchu). is it because they dont have been translated or because (http://seotch.wordpress.com/ubunchu/) is not up to date ? I find it strange since they are two year old and all the previous chapter have been translated.

pd12

Dec 4, 2014, 8:15:18 AM12/4/14
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I was going to start doing the Ubunchu c09 this month but I'm doing 2 intense summer courses so I'll be starting in January instead. Also got a personal kanban and limiting my WIP so I should have much lower lead times than last chapter's 1 year! xD

Anton Ekblad

Dec 4, 2014, 8:18:15 AM12/4/14
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Not translated AFAIK. I'd gladly do it if someone steps up to do the editing.

/Anton
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Anton Ekblad

Jan 4, 2015, 7:35:31 PM1/4/15
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
OK, here's a rough draft of the translation. I couldn't find that spreadsheet, so I did it the old fashioned way. This will need some rephrasing and possibly some corrections as well, but it's a starting point at least. Some notes:

* Kaname's poetic sentence on P4 needs rephrasing to sound more poetic. It also needs a TL check.
* P5, I keep looking for a good translation for "benkyoukai" but "study meetup" is the best thing I can come up with right now. Suggestions?
* On P7, Kaname is typing up a sentence from a BL story review. This would be a bloody pain to translate without much gain. Would probably be less painful to replace it with an original English sentence in the same spirit, peppered with BL lingo.
* On P9, there are two insanely obscure BL-related words I'd be in favor of entirely replacing with something original as well. The exact meaning is pretty much irrelevant, the point is that they're obscure.
* Also on P9, the translation of Kaname's line expressing disbelief in Akane's mad Anthy dictionary skills is shit - suggestions for rephrasing?
* Last page may need some rephrasing as well.

It was a fun chapter to work on. Now I'm going to go watch Revolutionary Girl Utena, and see if any references beyond the obvious ones managed to slip by unnoticed.

On Thursday, 4 December 2014 04:54:32 UTC+1, david wrote:
ubunchu09.txt
Message has been deleted

Sysy2013

Jan 8, 2015, 11:52:39 AM1/8/15
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
http://fr.ulule.com/etherpad-framapad/ perhap's to translate one day ?

With Pad private ?

I can't find the english version of chapter 9 to 11, i can find the japanese version (http://www.aerialline.com/comics/ubunchu). is it because they dont have been translated or because (http://seotch.wordpress.com/ubunchu/) is not up to date ? I find it strange since they are two year old and all the previous chapter have been translated.

Message has been deleted

Sysy

Jan 13, 2015, 9:39:39 AM1/13/15
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
P5 study meeting  Ok

BL lingo perhap's don't translate it . Boy's Love words else free to you to do it in english or transform in other words children maybe
P9  More explanation an other time an other message. For me, Page 9,10,11 is ok to french and english translations. Again a little re-reading of course but it's ok to finish it this month...

John Smith

Mar 19, 2017, 7:44:13 PM3/19/17
to Ubunchu!
So, since I have been unable to find any of the volumes beyond 8 translated, I took your rough translation draft, and applied it to volume 9. This is a pretty basic job, however, but I do hope that, for now at least, people will be able to enjoy it.

Thank you for the work you did translating volume 9 Anton!

ubunchu09_en_rtl (file was to big to attach)

Yuen Hoe Lim

Mar 20, 2017, 6:20:27 AM3/20/17
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Hey!

Nice work. I hope you have the sources as well?

Let's see, *brushes off the cobwebs in the group*. So we have a gitlab here: https://gitlab.com/ubunchu-translators/ubunchu/ which contains releases for english and japanese. That appears to be where we last left off. Maybe someone with write access should push this in there as well? Also it looks like we don't have the sources of the previous chapters hosted there.

Also I think Anton secured ubunchu.moe, but it didn't end up pointing to anything? According to the previous discussions that kind of trailed off, we could just point that to a VPS somewhere (I can volunteer mine) and host a simple wordpress site or something that links to the releases in a nice manner.

----
Lim Yuen Hoe, Jason (moofang)
http://yuenhoe.com/

MomoCentral | A-List Contractors in one place for hire

John Smith

Mar 20, 2017, 8:28:34 PM3/20/17
to Ubunchu!
Thank you!

If by sources, you mean the original Japanese copies, than yes, I do, for volumes 9, 10 and 11. If you mean otherwise, please let me know and I will try to give an ample answer.

Anton Ekblad

Mar 21, 2017, 6:57:31 AM3/21/17
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
He's likely referring to the PSDs or GIMP files you used, with the layer information intact. These are very useful for other translations as well as touching up on the English one, if a V2 is needed for instance.

If there's interest, I could go through my draft again and see if I can fix the problems with with it. I should probably also get working on chapters 10 and 11, I guess. It's been a while. :)

/Anton

Message has been deleted

John Smith

Mar 21, 2017, 10:38:46 AM3/21/17
to Ubunchu!
I'm afraid that I do not. If they are of importance though, I have no problem recreating them and saving the GIMP images. Just let me know  >:]
/Anton

Yuen Hoe Lim

Mar 22, 2017, 12:47:38 AM3/22/17
to ubunchu-t...@googlegroups.com
Actually we seem to have lost the sources for the previous chapters as well, although it'd be good if we can have them for future releases I guess.

Well, we only have a couple chapters left, so if we have at least translators and people to clean/typeset, we should certainly try to finish up the work! Anyone with write access to the gitlab still around? If not I could just make a clone of it. Do we still have ubunchu.moe domain?

----
Lim Yuen Hoe, Jason (moofang)
http://yuenhoe.com/

MomoCentral | A-List Contractors in one place for hire

/Anton

Sysy

Apr 18, 2017, 9:57:22 AM4/18/17
to Ubunchu!