Compass Sport Cup Results

3 views
Skip to first unread message

Alison Smith

unread,
Mar 14, 2022, 5:43:00 AMMar 14
to tvoc list
Dear All,

The Compass Sport Cup was very close this year but despite an excellent turnout from the club, we narrowly lost to SN. Results can be found here Compass Sport Cup (Rushall Woods) 13-Mar-22 | Berkshire Orienteers (bko.org.uk). This shows everyone's points, and the ones in bold are the top 24 runners for each club whose points contributed to the total. There is a max of four scorers for each club from each course. All runners can also help to push scorers from other clubs further down the list, even if their score was not in the top 24.

(Ignore the points in italics as those are the smaller clubs who were competing in the separate Compass Sport Trophy competition.)

Many thanks to everyone who ran! I hope you enjoyed it, even though it was quite tough out there. It was great to see so many of you there, including quite a few newcomers, and lets hope that we can build on this to get through to the final next year.

Alison

Roger Baker

unread,
Mar 14, 2022, 7:59:26 AMMar 14
to tvoc-m...@googlegroups.com

A slight correction:  It is the top 25 runners for each club that count in the cup competition; 12 runners for the trophy competition.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Thames Valley Orienteering Club" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tvoc-members...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvoc-members/CAMNSTTcfShd-ay4iO3EYh%3DdhGAZb8%3D4C6Z3-PhUMDQQVeaMdYQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Robin Bishop

unread,
Mar 14, 2022, 8:29:26 AMMar 14
to tvoc-m...@googlegroups.com
Stripping out all the clubs apart from TVOC and SN gives the
following list. Shows where all the points went between the
two teams and how we compare.
Robin

1 Brown (length 9.1km, climb 235m, 27 controls)

1 Tom Bray SN M35 54:15 100
2 Dane Blomquist SN M21 55:18 99
3 Colm Moran TVOC M21 57:00 98
4 Tim Beale SN M35 62:24 97
7 Ben Green TVOC M45 75:02 96
10 Adam Poole TVOC M21 76:04 95
11 Marcin Krzysztofik TVOC M35 76:06 94
14 Patrick Butlin TVOC M35 94:58 93

2 Short Brown (length 8.1km, climb 190m, 20 controls)

3 Richard Barrett SN M50 58:27 100
4 Mark Saunders TVOC M40 60:09 99
5 Nigel Bunn TVOC M55 60:15 98
6 Jan Travnicek TVOC M45 64:09 97
7 Paul Taylor TVOC M45 64:50 96
12 Ross Maclagan SN M45 77:36 95

3 Blue Women (length 7.1km, climb 160m, 19 controls)

1 Sarah Rollins SN W45 51:46 100
3 Frida Forshallen SN W21 54:17 99
4 Katherine Bett SN W21 62:15 98
5 Ruth Beale SN W35 66:36 97
9 Tilly Woods TVOC W21 80:28 96

4 Blue Men (length 7.0km, climb 155m, 20 controls)

3 Keith Belsey SN M55 59:33 100
4 Paul Martin SN M55 62:05 99
6 Tim Must TVOC M50 63:49 98
7 Richard Sharp TVOC M55 64:14 97
8 Simon Kippin TVOC M50 64:35 96
9 Gary Walford TVOC M55 65:32 95
11 Vladimir Kuznetsov TVOC M65 69:13 94
12 Jens Moller-Butcher SN M50 69:41 93
13 Ian Buxton TVOC M55 71:14 92
18 Steve McKinley SN M55 77:12 91
21 Chris Ashenden SN M55 79:17 90
25 Alastair Lovegrove SN M50 86:04 89
26 James Cunnane TVOC M55 86:21 88
29 Chris Poole TVOC M60 91:06 87
31 John Tzanetis SN M55 92:13 86
37 Stephen Gurd SN M50 123:41 85
Martin Dennett TVOC M50 dnf No finish time

5 Green Women (length 4.5km, climb 115m, 18 controls)

1 Mel Slade SN W50 46:52 100
2 Carol Lovegrove SN W50 47:15 99
6 Sue Bett SN W55 60:19 98
8 Debbie Robinson SN W55 61:08 97
9 Helen Le Page SN W45 63:41 96
10 Katie Clarke SN W50 64:13 95
13 Sarah Francis SN W50 68:14 94
14 Alison Smith TVOC W55 73:58 93
16 Helen Sharp TVOC W55 80:10 92
20 Heidi Lloyd TVOC W45 93:04 91
22 Helen Ashenden SN W55 96:58
25 Joanna Belsey SN W55 119:52 90

6 Green Men (length 4.5km, climb 95m, 16 controls)

1 Roger Thetford TVOC M60 35:49 100
2 Pete Jones SN M65 36:11 99
3 Dave Kingham TVOC M65 37:44 98
4 Steve Bailey SN M60 39:09 97
5 Paul Fox SN M60 42:44 96
6 Alun Jones TVOC M65 43:45 95
7 Neville Baker TVOC M65 43:56 94
10 Dave Chapman SN M65 45:42 93
17 Frank Edge SN M65 54:50 92
19 Colin Swallow SN M65 56:41 91
22 Peter Narramore TVOC M65 59:48 90
23 Mark Thompson TVOC M65 65:57 89
31= Mike Bray SN M65 81:40 88
mp Bruce Snelling SN M60 50:49 Missing no 3

7 Vets Short Green (length 3.4km, climb 85m, 13 controls)

1 Axel Blomquist SN M70 33:34 100
8 Bob Beresford TVOC M70 48:15 99
9 Paul Kilpin TVOC M70 48:39 98
10 Jim Prowting TVOC M75 51:33 97
12 Gill Prowse SN W60 52:18 96
13 Dave Lane SN M70 54:27 95
16 Marie-Anne Fischer TVOC W60 55:00 94
18 John Turner TVOC M70 55:41 93
21 Jenny Bray SN W65 57:50 92
23 Greg Birdseye TVOC M75 61:23 91
27 Steve Peacock SN M70 64:37 90
29 Jane Archer SN W65 66:30 89
32 Gill Sharp SN W60 68:49 88
39 Kathryn Turner TVOC W65 123:54 87
Paul Wallace-Stock SN M75 rtd Missing nos 1-9,11

8A Green Junior Men (length 4.5km, climb 95m, 16 controls)

1 Tommy Rollins SN M16 36:30 100
2 Joel Taylor TVOC M18 41:52 98
3 Jonathan Cunnane TVOC M18 48:08 96
5 Nathan Taylor TVOC M16 67:02 94
6 Christian Moller-Butcher SN M16 89:05 92

8B Short Green Junior Women (length 3.5km, climb 70m, 13 controls)

1 Jocie Hilton SN W16 32:43 100
2 Carys Sharp TVOC W18 36:24 98
4 Laura Barrett SN W18 42:40 96
5 Sophie Dennett TVOC W16 44:19 94
6 Rebecca Lovegrove SN W16 49:29 92

9A Orange M14- (length 2.7km, climb 60m, 13 controls)

1 Aidan Hilton SN M14 23:42 100
2 Jake Hilton SN M12 29:44 98
3 Owen Le Page SN M14 46:21 96
5 Henry Mansfield SN M12 60:27 94
7 Freddie Moller-Butcher SN M14 81:25 92
mp Joshua Longley TVOC M14 66:07 Missing nos 10,12

9B Orange W14- (length 2.7km, climb 60m, 13 controls)

1 Charlotte Slade SN W14 32:56 100
2 Charlotte Lovegrove SN W14 35:10 98
3 Amy Dennett TVOC W14 83:29 96
mp Cicely Moller-Butcher SN W14 53:35 Missing no 8
Emma Lucas TVOC W35 rtd Missing nos 1-6,8,10-13

10 Supervet Short Green (length 2.7km, climb 55m, 14 controls)

2 Jenny Thompson TVOC W80 49:24 100
4 Roger Baker TVOC M90 53:46 98
5 John Thompson TVOC M85 53:50 96
7 Pattie Beresford TVOC W70 55:17 94
11 John Farren TVOC M85 61:31 92
14 Yvonne Hodson TVOC W75 67:24 90


On 14/03/2022 11:59, 'Roger Baker' via Thames Valley Orienteering Club
wrote:
> A slight correction:  It is the top 25 runners for each club that count
> in the cup competition; 12 runners for the trophy competition.
>
> On 14/03/2022 09:42, Alison Smith wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> The Compass Sport Cup was very close this year but despite an
>> excellent turnout from the club, we narrowly lost to SN. Results can
>> be found here Compass Sport Cup (Rushall Woods) 13-Mar-22 | Berkshire
>> Orienteers (bko.org.uk) <http://www.bko.org.uk/node/1253/results>.
>> This shows everyone's points, and the ones in bold are the top 24
>> runners for each club whose points contributed to the total. There is
>> a max of four scorers for each club from each course. All runners can
>> also help to push scorers from other clubs further down the list, even
>> if their score was not in the top 24.
>>
>> (Ignore the points in italics as those are the smaller clubs who were
>> competing in the separate Compass Sport Trophy competition.)
>>
>> Many thanks to everyone who ran! I hope you enjoyed it, even though it
>> was quite tough out there. It was great to see so many of you there,
>> including quite a few newcomers, and lets hope that we can build on
>> this to get through to the final next year.
>>
>> Alison
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> Groups "Thames Valley Orienteering Club" group.
>> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
>> an email to tvoc-members...@googlegroups.com.
>> To view this discussion on the web visit
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvoc-members/CAMNSTTcfShd-ay4iO3EYh%3DdhGAZb8%3D4C6Z3-PhUMDQQVeaMdYQ%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvoc-members/CAMNSTTcfShd-ay4iO3EYh%3DdhGAZb8%3D4C6Z3-PhUMDQQVeaMdYQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
> Groups "Thames Valley Orienteering Club" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send
> an email to tvoc-members...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:tvoc-members...@googlegroups.com>.
> To view this discussion on the web visit
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvoc-members/f8f30daa-91db-e96f-d1fe-d1d83714b597%40btinternet.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tvoc-members/f8f30daa-91db-e96f-d1fe-d1d83714b597%40btinternet.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages