Summary of Annual Meeting, Draft Call for Papers, Schedule for Mid-Year Meeting, , and Google Site

Jen Mayer

Feb 28, 2013, 6:17:43 PM2/28/13
to trb-p3-su...@googlegroups.com

Greetings! If you are receiving this message, you have been added to the Google Group and discussion list for the TRB's Joint Subcommittee on P3s.

A brief summary of our January meeting is below, and a more complete meeting summary is available in the files section of our google site, here:

https://sites.google.com/site/trbcommitteeabe10/p3-sub/p3-related-files

Purpose and Role of Committee

The group agreed that the primary role would be to improve general coordination among academic, governmental, industry, and nonprofit professionals with an interest in P3s.  Specifically, the group will assist TRB committees in coordinating calls for P3-related papers and posters, review of submittals, and planning of sessions and workshops for the TRB mid-year and annual meetings.

Communication

The group agreed to use Google Groups and Google Sites as the primary means of communication. Members' names and emails will be listed on the site, but only available to members.

I also established a LinkedIn group to facilitate networking for members of that site.

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/TRB-Joint-P3-Subcommittee-4875266?home

First Task: Call for Papers

The first task of the subcommittee will be to put out a call for papers on P3-related topics.  I will circulate a draft to the group by March 1st, and we will plan to have it posted by March 15th.

Next Meeting: Mid-Year Committee Meeting: July 22-23, Washington, DC

The next meeting of the TRB Policy Committees, including the P3 Subcommittee, will be in Washington, DC, July 22nd – 23rd(more information about location and schedule will be announced to this list).

Joining the List:

Membership in this group is open to all interested parties.

To join the subcommittee's email list, or to unsubscribe from this list, please follow this link:

http://groups.google.com/group/trb-p3-subcommittee/about?hl=en

Google Site:

I have established a Google Site under the Revenue and Finance Committee's Google site to store files and relevant resources.

The main page for this site is here: https://sites.google.com/site/trbcommitteeabe10/p3-sub

To see files, including a listing I created of all P3-related sessions at the 2013 annual meeting, and Barney Allison's presentation on commercial closings from the TRB meeting, please follow this link:

P3-Related Files

Please contact me, the group owner, with any questions, suggestions, or offers of help, at jenmayersf at gmail dot com.  Thank you for your participation in the TRB Joint Subcommittee on P3s!

Jennifer Mayer